Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Macca looks like he could still play.

Stevie Mc cool as shit, whereas Robbie looks like he's about to have one. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This was the first one I had.
    extra_football_shirt_5803_1.jpg

What year is that? Must be early 80's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What was the away one for that season?

Grey version

extra_football_shirt_4697_1.jpg

All these adidas jerseys really show how awful the warrior jerseys are.

Never mad on the reebok jerseys either.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rob316 wrote: »

Hitachi started sponsoring us in about 1979 I think, so if it pre-dates them, that's your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

kfallon wrote: »
    Grey version

extra_football_shirt_4697_1.jpg

Was the third version white with the same colour collar as that one....or is that a different season?

Never mad on the reebok jerseys either.

They were tents with a few logos and a crest stuck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I had the same one in long sleeve! Its the one they wore in europe in 84.

5starpool wrote: »
    Hitachi started sponsoring us in about 1979 I think, so if it pre-dates them, that's your answer.

Its the 1984 European Cup Final Jersey

Here's a cool site I found here, all the home and away jerseys ever http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

• Advertisement

Was the third version white with the same colour collar as that one....or is that a different season?

Yeah it was, that was the one I was on about in my post! Never released for sale tho (maybe in the club shop but not over here).
    Was nearly impossible to get long sleeved jerseys in those days

extra_football_shirt_7727_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,916 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

83/84

I swear I'm not as old as mike ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Long sleeve jerseys are the work of the devil. Hate playing in them too.

Yeah it was, that was the one I was on about in my post! Never released for sale tho (maybe in the club shop but not over here).

Was definitely available....a mate of mines older brother had it, and he would always sneak it out to wear while playing football

Will live in infamy in my mind because we swapped jerseys one day and I got stung by a wasp in the neck while wearing it.....probably the worst football related injury I have suffered.

Have the 87/88 one, got it a few years ago. Love it!

Bring back Adidas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think last seasons home jersey was the best one we've ever had tbh - blood red, we looked the business! This years isn't too bad but I really loved the Adidas kit from 05/06 - barring that one the rest were a bit meh as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement

Montoya has signed a new contract at Barca, so that's one less rumour to be worrying about anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

K-9 wrote: »
    Palace might do us a favour tomorrow, though looking at their results the honeymoon period seems to be over for Pulis.

If we do win it'll be by the odd goal, cant see us battering them given Eto'o is out but he hasnt scored away all season.

As I've said over the Chelsea thread theyve only scored 9 goals since January and only left in 11 its going to be a dull fest and anything short of a win will end our slim chances.

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think last seasons home jersey was the best one we've ever had tbh - blood red, we looked the business! This years isn't too bad but I really loved the Adidas kit from 05/06 - barring that one the rest were a bit meh as far as I'm concerned.

I hate the warrior jerseys tbh. Just a personal taste thing with me though :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we do win it'll be by the odd goal, cant see us battering them given Eto'o is out but he hasnt scored away all season.

As I've said over the Chelsea thread theyve only scored 9 goals since January and only left in 11 going to be a dull fest and anything short of a win will end our slim chances.

It's a trap.

Also this years home jersey is a thing of beauty.

It's a trap.

Personally I'd put the % chance of winning the league now at something like:

City 45%
    Chelsea 35%
    Liverpool 19%
    Arsenal 1%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

City 45%
    Chelsea 35%
    Liverpool 19%
    Arsenal 1%

Probably not far out. City have the game in hand and seem to have sorted the Away form just in time, Chelsea have the best run in so Liverpool are going to need a perfect run in, probably 1 draw at worst. Even if results go our way at the weekend it doesn't change what we have to do.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

City 45%
    Chelsea 35%
    Liverpool 19%
    Arsenal 1%

Our year .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Palace could make things difficult for Chelsea but anything less than a Chelsea win would be a massive upset.

Chelsea -2 should be a safe enough bet i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Just back online after the Sunderland game. First time in Liverpool and first game in Anfield. Was half expecting to demolish them but that was a very ropey second half. First half we completely dominated the game. Not sure of the possession stats, but it looked like they barely touched the ball. All game we looked a bit off pace. Sloppy touches, misplaced passes and a lot of frustration from both players and fans alike. 3 points is all that matters though and the fantastic run just keeps on going. Topped the trip off with a tour of Anfield after the game. Regardless of how the run in plays out, this has been a special season as a Liverpool fan. There's an air of magic about it and it has been a fantastic journey. Now....let's hope Chelsea and City start to drop some points!

It's a very odd feeling to be confident going into a Spurs game, always dread playing them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan, I would tend to agree, and as a Liverpool fan, agreeing with a ManUtd fan is something that, as a Liverpool fan, I find incredibly difficult to do as a Liverpool fan.

As a Liverpool fan, you would say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

slingerz wrote: »
    Palace could make things difficult for Chelsea but anything less than a Chelsea win would be a massive upset.

Chelsea -2 should be a safe enough bet i reckon

Chelsea -2?? Palace are very tight at the back and Chelsea aren't blessed with a World Class striker.

I expect Chelsea to win but I think it will be close and I'd be surprised to see them put 3 past Pulis' defence.

It wouldn't shock me to see Palace pick up a 1-1 draw here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was the jersey we wore losing the 87 League Cup final to Arsenal. Champagne Charlie scored twice.

It was also the first match in which Ian Rush scored and we lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Morzadec wrote: »
    Chelsea -2?? Palace are very tight at the back and Chelsea aren't blessed with a World Class striker.

I expect Chelsea to win but I think it will be close and I'd be surprised to see them put 3 past Pulis' defence.

It wouldn't shock me to see Palace pick up a 1-1 draw here

Ya, people predicting we'll win by 2 or more clear goals are wide of the mark I reckon, its going to a very tough game and I'd be less confident in this than I was for the Villa game, anything short of a win will see us 2nd as I reckon ye lot will beat Spurs so we have to win to consolidate our position, easier said than done.

Chelsea should win, and reasonably comfortably, but as with anything else, who really knows? I didn't expect them to lose at Villa either. I can just see how this weekend will pan out now. Chelsea drop points conceding a late equaliser at Selhurst part, and Arsenal put in their best performance of the season to brush past Man City 3-0 who have Toure and Kompany sent off in a bad tempered second half display, then at Anfield a resurgent and confident Liveprool side swashbuckle their way to a 2-0 interval lead against Spurs to send the hopes and dreams into the stratosphere, and then concede 3 stupid, needless goals in the second half to lose 2-3 and bring things crashing back to earth again.

It was all going so well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seems like I'm a sucker for a grey kit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

City 45%
    Chelsea 35%
    Liverpool 19%
    Arsenal 1%

Ladbrokes offering 16/5 on Liverpool at the moment is about the biggest out there ,assuming they are about right that would put the pool a bit higher.
    accounting for there margin I would say 25%

I would go
    City 45%
    Chelski 30%
    Liverpool 25%
    Arsenal <1%

Chelsea should win, and reasonably comfortably, but as with anything else, who really knows? I didn't expect them to lose at Villa either. I can just see how this weekend will pan out now. Chelsea drop points conceding a late equaliser at Selhurst part, and Arsenal put in their best performance of the season to brush past Man City 3-0 who have Toure and Kompany sent off in a bad tempered second half display, then at Anfield a resurgent and confident Liveprool side swashbuckle their way to a 2-0 interval lead against Spurs to send the hopes and dreams into the stratosphere, and then concede 3 stupid, needless goals in the second half to lose 2-3 and bring things crashing back to earth again.

It was all going so well!

It doesn't matter how impressive we've been this season, some massive results, that nagging feeling is always there, this is just too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It doesn't matter how impressive we've been this season, some massive results, that nagging feeling is always there, this is just too good to be true.

Weirdly I'm actually feeling more confident about the spurs game after the nervous performance against Sunderland. Kinda like we jumped the glitch!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Weirdly I'm actually feeling more confident about the spurs game after the nervous performance against Sunderland. Kinda like we jumped the glitch!

exactly.

It was like as if we had a day off from our 8 more Cup Finals, and it should wake us up that its not that easy.

no better man I think than Rodgers to get them motivated.

monkey9 wrote: »
    That was the jersey we wore losing the 87 League Cup final to Arsenal. Champagne Charlie scored twice.

It was also the first match in which Ian Rush scored and we lost.

I think the jersey you refer to had no grey in it and possibly black shorts. The '88 one had red shorts

Both games for me, Sunderland was just that type of game we'd draw before and Spurs we might underestimate.

Though really I'm only kidding myself, every game left I'll have that nagging doubt. Chelsea and City are a bit different in that the pressure will be on them to get a result, we're the underdogs, the nagging feeling will be more about getting shown up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, people predicting we'll win by 2 or more clear goals are wide of the mark I reckon, its going to a very tough game and I'd be less confident in this than I was for the Villa game, anything short of a win will see us 2nd as I reckon ye lot will beat Spurs so we have to win to consolidate our position, easier said than done.

Chelsea will dominate Palace in midfield. The gulf in class between the two midfields is massive, more so than any other side and Chelsea in the premier league in my opinion. Add to that fact that Palace have exceptionally limited attacking options means Chelsea by at least 2 clear goals is why they would be in my weekend football bet

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Yep and its probably going to be the best chance we have (and will have) for years to come to win the title.

but...

Do not be too disappointed if we dont lads.
    take a step back for a sec and see how far we have come in the last 18months.

I dont need to post about how close we came to administration, or the poxy piss poor squad we have had in recent time - that is all well known.

I will smile from ear-to-ear if/when I know 3rd is in the bag, and I will be fulfilled.
    but then I will stop smiling I will scream to the top of my lungs to support this team and get them over the line for the title.

but no title will most definitely not take that smile off my face.

this club is back !

• Advertisement

Rodgers: "If there is any pressure it is on others (who have spent lots of money on their squads over a number of years)."

Quote from the Press Conference. It's pretty obvious but can get forgotten, it's the right mentality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I didn't get into football until I was about 8 so the red Crown paints jersey when they changed the crest is the first one I remember but the grey Candy jersey was my favourite for years. That was until last years home jersey which was a thing of beauty !

Trying not to be over confident going into the Spurs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

What the f*ck is the story with Enrique and his injury? Seems strange they cant get to the bottom of it.

:D
    rpxS82G.png

gafferino wrote: »
    What the f*ck is the story with Enrique and his injury? Seems strange they cant get to the bottom of it.

He must have a funny running style or something.

Seriously, a strange one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Rodgers: "If there is any pressure it is on others (who have spent lots of money on their squads over a number of years)."

Quote from the Press Conference. It's pretty obvious but can get forgotten, it's the right mentality as well.

"We're very relaxed," said Rodgers, who has overseen a huge improvement on last season, when his side finished seventh. "We're focused.

"There was no expectation no us being where we are, so there's certainly no pressure.

"I suppose the likes of Tottenham are a team who who were maybe looking to be challenging for the league this season. You spend £100m-odd - it's a group that's set up to challenge.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9237076/brendan-rodgers-hits-back-at-tim-sherwood-and-says-no-pressure-on-liverpool

• Advertisement

A fans eye view.

A fans eye view.

Class

The Spurs press conference video.

Press Conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »

He really knackered his ACL didnt he?

It was meant to be Feb, maybe its more mental now than physical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Class

Was I the only one who kept wanting to move it to the left a bit?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement