Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,916 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brendan siad something in the press conference and it really puts everything into prospective.

This is only his 5th season as a manager!

To be challenging for the PL title after only being a manager for 5 season is pretty damm good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

A fans eye view.

Some great fan videos versus Sunderland this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Needs to get those over to the Spurs forum, someone in there claiming the fans were quiet against Sunderland and that Spurs can exploit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I am pie wrote: »
    Needs to get those over to the Spurs forum, someone in there claiming the fans were quiet against Sunderland and that Spurs can exploit that.

Theres a Spurs forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

A fans eye view.

Who's that idiot giving the finger to after the goal? Mannone?? Hate that sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

gafferino wrote: »
    Theres a Spurs forum?
    I assume you've to pay to get in

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Wouldn't mind this being true...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/28/liverpool-prepare-8million-bid-for-unsettled-inter-milan-ace-mateo-kovacic-4681805/

but its the Metroredface.png

fits the bill but...young, under performing young star, €8mil range...would Inter make the same mistake twice (Coutinho) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

D'Agger wrote: »
    I assume you've to pay to get in

They do that by virtue of being a Spurs fan.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah that Spurs forum, why did I even bother :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He has a point, whoever said it. Crowd were terrible against Sunderland. If continue acting like that they will be more of a hindrance than a help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

They're right. The fans were awful until Gerrard scored. Really contributed to the tension. reminded me of going to Ireland games and the crowd just sitting there waiting for something to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Agueroooo wrote: »

Ha, talk was at the time that they sold Coutinho so they could fund his transfer. They confirmed a deal for him a couple of days after we signed Coutinho from them.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Ha, talk was at the time that they sold Coutinho so they could fund his transfer. They confirmed a deal for him a couple of days after we signed Coutinho from them.

Opr

Yea remember that hence my comment about Coutinho :)

looks a talent but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Who's that idiot giving the finger to after the goal? Mannone?? Hate that sh*t.

I was in the Kop last year at the West Ham game and a handful of people were booing the keeper, couldn't understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yeah I watched him a couple of times to see what the fuss was about and was very impressed. If we got him for the kind of money mentioned he'd be an absolute steal even just in terms of potential/age. As you said though it's hard to see Inter getting bit by us again.

Opr

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Yea remember that hence my comment about Coutinho :)

looks a talent but.

Kovacic is a serious talent. Inter are idiots, they sold Coutinho to buy this guy and wont play him either. They are more interested in been a big club and giving veterans like Vidic there last payday.

opr wrote: »
    Yeah I watched him a couple of times to see what the fuss was about and was very impressed. If we got him for the kind of money mentioned he'd be an absolute steal even just in terms of potential/age. As you said though it's hard to see Inter getting bit by us again.

Opr
    rob316 wrote: »
    Kovacic is a serious talent. Inter are idiots, they sold Coutinho to buy this guy and wont play him either. They are more interested in been a big club and giving veterans like Vidic there last payday.

someone mentioned he has the same agent as Lucas.

also who knows Inter might be wanting to move him on after taking on some big wages/fess recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

In other news today, West Ham fans thought that they were Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

rob316 wrote: »
    I was in the Kop last year at the West Ham game and a handful of people were booing the keeper, couldn't understand it.

They'll do that though. Tradition of the Kop is to applaud the opposition keeper when he comes down that end. If he doesnt applaud back he'll get a few boos!! :P Might have been that. I've seen it happen myself, no real harm in it.

• Advertisement

I still couldn't see Inter letting him go though, especially to us after robbing (seriously we stole this guy) the Count from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

2hours since the last post. That blows a hole in the hourly mention of United theory. Those guys are plane crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Turtyturd wrote: »
    2hours since the last post. That blows a hole in the hourly mention of United theory. Those guys are plane crazy.

People are going to boo the plane tomorrow,you know.

Oh how the mighty have fallen :D

Cool your jets there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

K-9 wrote: »
    Cool your jets there.

Sure wing play has always been a tradition of theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

K-9 wrote: »
    Cool your jets there.

I'd say that flew over he's head!

• Advertisement

As a Liverpool fan I approve of the match thread but it could get a bit turbulent.

If Paddy Power do a banner like the "David Moyes is a football genius" one I think I might actually feel sorry for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pumped for this Spurs game. Hope we're not fatigued after the Sunderland game midweek.

I'd be over the moon to do them twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

heard our fans had a whip around aswell

:)

speyw0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    They'll do that though. Tradition of the Kop is to applaud the opposition keeper when he comes down that end. If he doesnt applaud back he'll get a few boos!! :P Might have been that. I've seen it happen myself, no real harm in it.

That's been gone on for as long as I have been going and I am sure long before that, Its a great little tradition and its nice when the opposition keeper claps back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

A mind boggling comparison of Liverpool 1990 v 2014:mad:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/liverpool-1990-v-liverpool-2014-playerforplayer-how-the-teams-matchup-30136117.html

Featured are Hansen v Johnson, Staunton v Agger and McMahon v Sterling.

Absolutely bizarre:rolleyes:

5live wrote: »
    A mind boggling comparison of Liverpool 1990 v 2014:mad:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/liverpool-1990-v-liverpool-2014-playerforplayer-how-the-teams-matchup-30136117.html

Featured are Hansen v Johnson, Staunton v Agger and McMahon v Sterling.

Absolutely bizarre:rolleyes:

That's just weird.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That is just a ridiculous article indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was definitely available....a mate of mines older brother had it, and he would always sneak it out to wear while playing football

Will live in infamy in my mind because we swapped jerseys one day and I got stung by a wasp in the neck while wearing it.....probably the worst football related injury I have suffered.

Was the wasp wearing an Arsenal jersey?

Is that why you hate them so much?

Was the wasp wearing an Arsenal jersey?

Is that why you hate them so much?

Possibly...it also happened in 1989...seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Much more confident for the spurs game than sunderland. Tiger tim has been talking up how liverpool have no mettle, spurs are a better team, blah blah blah. He will show up with the high defensive line again and get absolutely crucified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

retalivity wrote: »
    Much more confident for the spurs game than sunderland. Tiger tim has been talking up how liverpool have no mettle, spurs are a better team, blah blah blah. He will show up with the high defensive line again and get absolutely crucified.

The league doesn't lie . I don't think Sherwood isnt that bad of a manager but he says so awful foolish things .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

5starpool wrote: »
    That is just a ridiculous article indeed.

Total lack of research on the subject. 5 minutes on Google would show the positions of all the players to give some semblance of knowledge of what he was writing about.

But quite a lot of younger fans wouldn't be very familiar with the older generation of players.

But Sterling v McMahon did make me laugh:-)

5live wrote: »
    But Sterling v McMahon did make me laugh:-)

Imagine that as a fight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

kfallon wrote: »
    Grey version

extra_football_shirt_4697_1.jpg

That was my 1st Liverpool top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

5starpool wrote: »
    Imagine that as a fight!

Even now, I wouldn't fancy Raheem's chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id love if rodgers told moses to head back to London and have an early summer and put teixiera/alberto on the bench instead of him for the remaining games.

Stevie is just one goal away from equalling the King's number of goals for the club. It would be great if he equalled it Sunday or surpassed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dub13 wrote: »
    Stevie is just one goal away from equalling the King's number of goals for the club. It would be great if he equalled it Sunday or surpassed it.

Keep that for the Chelsea game when we win the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Dub13 wrote: »
    Dub were you on the first flight back Thursday morning

Dub were you on the first flight back Thursday morning

No, was on the afternoon one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

gafferino wrote: »
    Theres a Spurs forum?

Yea its here in the hosted forums for some reason: make yourselves at home lads:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

home of the original pool V spurs match thread:cool:

im a spurs fan and fully expecting Tim to go too attack minded with the lineup again and it will be game over after 30mins :o

In bed now about to try to get some sleep before my stupid o'clock flight in the morning for my day of boozing in Liverpool before the game on Sunday. I really wish flights when you actually want to get them were cheap. I'd love a midday flight tomorrow instead, but not at the cost they charge sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

From Joey Barton ..well in Joey :)

BjzVkmwIAAAueUD.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement