Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Spring forward, fall back. :pac:

Oh, and now you're gonna believe us.

My mistake, Liverpool think they can win the league.

I assumed it was October.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Maybe so. But the chances of Chelsea and Man City winning all their games is a tall order too.

There's plenty more twists to come still

I know that and I'm not writing Liverpool off, I was just saying how hard it will be. With the fact that IF we get three points tomorrow, we'll go top and that will surely add pressure to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Holy ****ing God. We are in the driving seat with 7 games to go. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Well, really City are in the driving seat in that they can afford to draw at Anfield (providing they win their other games) whereas we have to win to overtake them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I know that and I'm not writing Liverpool off, I was just saying how hard it will be. With the fact that IF we get three points tomorrow, we'll go top and that will surely add pressure to the team.

Agree. We've nothing to lose at this stage. 4th was our target. A win tomorrow will seal that.

We've 6 games then to go down in history.

I've goose bumps at the thoughts of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Chelsea dropping points is maybe even bigger than City's result. Now Mourinho needs to beat us at Anfield, instead of playing for the draw, and that'll suit us perfectly.

A lot of water to flow under the (Stamford) bridge before that becomes the scenario!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jaysus its party time in here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Well, really City are in the driving seat in that they can afford to draw at Anfield (providing they win their other games) whereas we have to win to overtake them.

That makes the title ours to lose. Our fate is in our hands. If we win all our games we win the league. We don't need anybody to slip up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Yeah we all need to get off our collective horn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I worry about the City game at Anfield. If they get a draw in that they are in great shape. It could well come down to goal difference then. With city only needing a draw it means they have sit back and counter, which is the worst we could hope for. IT would be great if they drop points before then and it makes it a must win game for them. It being one for Chelsea now gives us a bigger advantage in it.

There will be a lot of points dropped and won by then
    Who knows what way the table will be by that game

• Advertisement

That makes the title ours to lose. Our fate is in our hands. If we win all our games we win the league. We don't need anybody to slip up.

I'm not saying it isn't in our hands, but that City are in a better position in that they don't have to win every game. They can play for a draw at Anfield while we can't afford to do that in any game.

Few quid on 3-1 tomorrow :)

50 years to the day.

231A204C5337063A0F601C

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Yeah we all need to get off our collective horn

Why? There's 7 games left, we're in second place in the league. When there is 6 games left we could be top.

My horn is justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Agree. We've nothing to lose at this stage. 4th was our target. A win tomorrow will seal that.

We've 6 games then to go down in history.

I've goose bumps at the thoughts of it.
    Well put some bloody clothes on and feck off from in front of the GPO:pac:

Why? There's 7 games left, we're in second place in the league. When there is 6 games left we could be top.

My horn is justified.

My horn is as justified as yours.

Lord Trollington will be pole vaulting down O Connell st tonight

Nicked from another forum. Had to share it as a big fan of Red or Dead.
    On Saturday the twenty ninth of March two thousand and fourteen, Chelsea Football Club travelled to Selhurst Park to play Crystal Palace Football Club. Chelsea Football Club were the League leaders, and Crystal Palace were fighting against relegation. In the cold sunlight of a South London Saturday, John Terry headed the only goal of the game. He headed the only goal of the game into his own net. And Chelsea Football Club lost 1-0 away from home at Selhurst Park.

That evening, Arsenal Football Club hosted Manchester City Football Club. And in the 18th minute, Manchester City Football Club opened the scoring. And at half time they lead 1-0. 1-0 away at the Emirates, heading up to the top of the table. But in the second half, Arsenal scored an equaliser and after ninety minutes the score was 1-1. That evening, Chelsea Football Club were at the top of the table with sixty nine points. Sixty nine points after thirty two games. Manchester City Football Club were in third with sixty seven points. Sixty seven points after thirty games. And Arsenal Football Club remained in fourth place. In fourth place with sixty four points from their thirty two matches.

That night, the Manager of Liverpool Football Club looked at the table. The players and the staff of Liverpool Football Club looked at the table, and the supporters of Liverpool Football Club looked and the table. They had played thirty one games, and had sixty eight points. And they all knew that they played there thirty second game at four o'clock the following day. At 4pm, Tim Sherwood would bring his Tottenham Hotspur players to Anfield. And they all knew that if Liverpool Football Club could beat Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, they would go two points clear at the top of the table. At the top of the table for the first time since Christmas Day.

The fans of Chelsea Football Club and the fans of Manchester City Football Club, and the managers and the players of Chelsea Football Club and Manchester City Football Club also knew what the fans of Liverpool Football Club knew: that their teams had to travel to Anfield before the end of the season. They knew that the Manager and the players of Liverpool Football Club had turned Anfield into a bastion of invincibility. And the fans of Liverpool Football Club knew, for the first time in years that the destiny of the League Championship was in their own hands.

With profuse apologies to David Peace.

Huge smile from ear to ear reading that.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

March 30 1964 home to Spurs 3-1

edit beaten to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

How crazy is this season.?

No matter whatever happens it's been a great Rollercoaster of a ride.

de92.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

playing battlefield 4 tonight I was shyte
    ballboys

• Advertisement

Jaysus its party time in here:D

And "Things can only get better" :D

mike65 wrote: »
    March 30 1964 home to Spurs 3-1

edit beaten to it.

At least you remember it in person :-)

And remember Kopties -

When local standard time is about to reach
    Sunday, 30 March 2014, 01:00:00 clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
    Sunday, 30 March 2014, 02:00:00 local daylight time instead
    Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour later on 30 Mar 2014 than the day before.

Just in case any one will be in bed with a hangover with the biggest match of our season coming :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Win tomorrow and that's 4th looking good isnt it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am not going tomorrow because of poxy mothers day, I am trying to convince myself I don't mind, its not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Saw this in twitter:

2nd best home record in the league: Liverpool

2nd best away record in the league: Spurs

Will be a good match tomorrow. 3 points is a must!

Still crazy match odds though

Liverpool 1/2
    Spurs 11/2

My nerves will be shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I wonder what the Liverpool players are feeling right now going into tomorrow. My rectum is a quivering puppy right now. I think I'm going to have to ring a quack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

What does the room of justified horns think of tomorrows line-up, any clues?

We better be 3 up after 2 mins or I won't be able to cope

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am not going tomorrow because of poxy mothers day, I am trying to convince myself I don't mind, its not working.

I know I was tempted to stay over on Wednesday after the Sunderland game
    Knew I shouldn't have got married and had kids
    The reason I asked about your flight during tge week was we were on the early one and the landing in dublin was horrific
    Plane just fell out of the sky hit the runway with an unmerciful thud all you could hear was 200 oh Fuchs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Chelsea dropping points is maybe even bigger than City's result. Now Mourinho needs to beat us at Anfield, instead of playing for the draw, and that'll suit us perfectly.

I don't like the way everyone is talking like us, Chelsea and city are just gonna win all of our games that are against all the other teams we are gonna play bewteen now and the end of the season. Talking about Mourinho having to play for the win at Anfield at this stage is not altogether crazy but we have Tottenham at home, West Ham away, Man city at home and Norwich away, where they have been very strong all season (granted we have Suarez obligatory hatt-trick to look forward to there), before Chelsea even come to Anfield. I'm gonna predict that the result Mourinho's 'needs' to play for at Anfield will change once or twice during that period.

garra wrote: »

Not a clue, but what I'd go with.

Mig
    Johnson Skrtel Sakho Flanagan
    Gerrard
    Henderson Allen
    Sturridge Sterling
    Suarez

Coutinho played well the last day. He may well start again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

jamaamaj wrote: »

Mig
    Gerrard
    Henderson Allen
    Sturridge Sterling
    Suarez

Coutinho or Sterling is only change - if there is one - since Sterling was excellent the last time against their fullback ... might sway it. Although i am glad its BR that makes these decisions ... i am good either way once we win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Mig
    Gerrard
    Henderson Allen
    Sturridge Sterling
    Suarez

why no agger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Mig
    Gerrard
    Henderson Allen
    Sturridge Sterling
    Suarez

Can Coutinho do Allen's defensive work? If he even gets close he should be in the team ahead of Allen on overall form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Both Sterling and Coutinho were outstanding against Spurs last time.

But Coutinho was MOTM on Wednesday and Sterling is a more obvious impact sub for us so I reckon we will be unchanged.

Coutinho has excelled in many of our games against the bigger teams this season.

If we did we the league it would be only right to invite salah up to see the trophy

dr ro wrote: »
    why no agger?

Adebayor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

flanzer wrote: »
    I wonder what the Liverpool players are feeling right now going into tomorrow. My rectum is a quivering puppy right now. I think I'm going to have to ring a quack

I think the reaction of the player's after the equaliser against Fulham shows that at least some of these player's are relishing the challenge this season.
    Also it seems Mourinho may have actualy talked his way out of a title challenge. I'm not gonna attach too much weight to manager's comment's affect on a teams performances on the field here but is it possible that his constant negativity regarding winning the title has had a negative affect on his team's self belief?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I think BR should go all out to blitz Spurs from the very beginning so for me that means same team as Vs Sunderland but Sterling to start instead of Coutinho. If we can dominate from the start Spurs will drop their heads and we'll close out the game. We need all the speed and trickery we have rampaging at them from the start. 2-0 up after 30 minutes will draw them out and we'll kill them on the counter.

In fairness I don't think Sherwood can be arsed trying to park the bus. He's going to go out in a blaze of glory or at least die trying. Should be a very open game.

Nice high line from Spurs please ;)

Ben

PS Managed to sell the idea of the first BBQ of the year to my missus for tomorrow afternoon instead of heading out for a family "Mothers Day" dinner. That'll allow me to have the match on while she chilaxes with a bottle of vino and a book with the kids running around. Happy families = happy days!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

mormank wrote: »
    I think the reaction of the player's after the equaliser against Fulham shows that at least some of these player's are relishing the challenge this season.
    Also it seems Mourinho may have actualy talked his way out of a title challenge. I'm not gonna attach too much weight to manager's comment's affect on a teams performances on the field here but is it possible that his constant negativity regarding winning the title has had a negative affect on his team's self belief?

My guess is that Mourinho has been telling his players something different to what he has been telling the press. Rodgers has prob been doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Adebayor.

Is adebayor fit to play?

dr ro wrote: »
    why no agger?
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Coutinho played well the last day. He may well start again

As pointed out Adebayor will be more than a handfull for Agger so i think Sakho will be more that equipped to handle him over Agger.

Couthino did play well last match, but Allen and Hendo dominated there midfield at WHL, so i think they could do the same tomorrow, with Couthino as plan B on the bench.

But just my thoughts folks........I'm no Brendan Rodgers.

Adebayor.

May or may not be fit for tomorrow. Having a late fitness assessment I think. He probably will play though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

May or may not be fit for tomorrow. Having a late fitness assessment I think. He probably will play though.

Thought he had an achillies injury?

Can Coutinho do Allen's defensive work? If he even gets close he should be in the team ahead of Allen on overall form

No, And Tottenhams Midfielders are very Forward thinking and Fast and will need closing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Thought he had an achillies injury?

According to t'internet it's a gash on his heel they're assessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

hefferboi wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with my hands!
    Get into the swing of things.:)

My horn is justified.
    My horn is as justified as yours.
    flanzer wrote: »

gafferino wrote: »
    Is adebayor fit to play?

In my previous post I was just giving my view as to why jamaaaj might have included Sakho.

I would start Sakho rather than Agger if Adebayor starts. Otherwise, I have no preference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement