Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

kfallon wrote: »
    My guess is that Mourinho has been telling his players something different to what he has been telling the press. Rodgers has prob been doing the same

Well yeah, no doubt about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

In my previous post I was just giving my view as to why jamaaaj might have included Sakho.

I would start Sakho rather than Agger if Adebayor starts. Otherwise, I have no preference.

I'd probably have to agree with that, but I'd be a bit nervous throwing Sakho back into the starting lineup without much first team game time in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

All this horn talk.......IF we win tomorrow, I'd add my horn or horns :pac:

a7ck.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Every game really does feel like a cup final now.

Atmosphere should be amazing tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Both Sterling and Coutinho were outstanding against Spurs last time.

But Coutinho was MOTM on Wednesday and Sterling is a more obvious impact sub for us so I reckon we will be unchanged.

Coutinho has excelled in many of our games against the bigger teams this season.

But Sterling would cause the Spurs defence more problems and his pace would be better to expose the high line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id love for johnson to not start tomorrow but he undoubtedly will unfortuantely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Id say fergie is regretting giving up a season early, with the form we're in. He probably would have loved to go up against us and tbh I would have loved to won the league while he was in charge just to see the reaction.

Just a thought.

klose wrote: »

Why.?

And who would you start with.?

Flanagan on RB, ?

Cissisko on LB :eek: ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Thought he had an achillies injury?

sweep-the-leg-jpg.1319

• Advertisement

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Why.?

And who would you start with.?

Flanagan on RB, ?

Cissisko on LB :eek: ?

I honestly wouldnt mind he was that bad last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Finical wrote: »
    Every game really does feel like a cup final now.

Atmosphere should be amazing tomorrow!

Should be but it wasn't great the other day which was strange. Hopefully the fans and the players will be up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Really hope Lucas makes it to Brazil but fear it might be too late for him and barring injury don't think he'll get back into our starting team this season,

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9238222/world-cup-carlos-alberto-parreira-thinks-lucas-leiva-can-make-brazil-squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

klose wrote: »

I would prefer Sterling at right back, he could be just as useful there and has the engine to get back / track players. He has impressed me this year, its great to watch a young player make the grade and play with a smile.. whats the face palm about when he scores tho?

garra wrote: »
    I would prefer Sterling at right back, he could be just as useful there and has the engine to get back / track players. He has impressed me this year, its great to watch a young player make the grade and play with a smile.. whats the face palm about when he scores tho?

I love Sterling but as a RB just no!

I think i read somewhere its some jamaican thing.? He was born there afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm sorry but Sterling imo is far from a RB, it might of worked once or twice in rwb position but there's no way I'd be comfortable having him play there.

He's a lot more useful in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Glen Johnson was absolute rubbish on Wednesday. Such a pity there isn't a fit full back in the squad to adequately take his place.
    Hopefully we won't be relying on him next season.

WTF man ?? seriously :confused:

h72h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If liverpool win tomorrow that's 9 points gained on Chelsea in a week
    7 gained on arsenal
    5 gained on city
    That would be some week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Hopefully us winning the league the season after he retires is

• Advertisement

Id say fergie is regretting giving up a season early, with the form we're in. He probably would have loved to go up against us and tbh I would have loved to won the league while he was in charge just to see the reaction.

Just a thought.

The more Moyes fails, the greater Fergie's legacy will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

amiable wrote: »
    Glen Johnson was absolute rubbish on Wednesday. Such a pity there isn't a fit full back in the squad to adequately take his place.
    Hopefully we won't be relying on him next season.

Yup,I hope he's moved on.
    jamaamaj wrote: »
    WTF man ?? seriously :confused:

Couthino for Allen too, think he's on the wind up.

We should play Skrtel up front too. Just for the lols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ultimate definition of an existential crisis this though - when our year might actually become our year. :eek:

It's not so long ago there were people on here saying Raheem Sterling shouldn't wear the Liverpool jersey again. How times have changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

djPSB wrote: »
    The more Moyes fails, the greater Fergie's legacy will be.

No matter what happens to them now his rep is secure.

Think I seen someone on this saying its something the Jamaican sprinting team do.... Or else is something related to the Jamaicans.

But only Sterling could tell us for certain.

No matter what happens to them now his rep is secure.

It's secure no doubt. He goes down as one of the greatest managers of all time no matter what.

But if United had appointed a world class manager, and they went on to win a few more PL titles and CL etc. then United fans probably wouldn't appreciate him as much as do in the current mess.

I also think that Fergie knew United's time at the top was coming to an end and knew that the squad they had was going to suffer compared to their rivals. He signed RVP, won the title and went out on a high. I don't think he gave a fcuck how his successor got on to be honest. All he cared about was winning one last PL title.

It's not so long ago there were people on here saying Raheem Sterling shouldn't wear the Liverpool jersey again. How times have changed

And Rodgers shouldn't be manager
    And Gerrard should be dropped
    And Sturridge would be a poor signing
    Lucas is useless
    Net spend
    Suarez should be sold !!!

Not many in here escaped something ridiculous over the years!

Everyone has called things wrong from time to time.

- Gerrard is past it.

- Gerrard can't play DM

- Rodgers is fulla sh1t and nothing more than a used car salesman

- Sturridge is just another overhyped British player

- Henderson isn't good enough for LFC

- Lucas is sh1t

- We should sign Soldado

- We should sign Lamela

- We should sign Wanyama

Etc, etc, etc....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Were second in the table. **** fergie.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lucas is useless
    Net spend

Snap!

djPSB wrote: »
    It's secure no doubt. He goes down as one of the greatest managers of all time no matter what.

But if United had appointed a world class manager, and they went on to win a few more PL titles and CL etc. then United fans probably wouldn't appreciate him as much as do in the current mess.

I also think that Fergie knew United's time at the top was coming to an end and knew that the squad they had was going to suffer compared to their rivals. He signed RVP, won the title and went out on a high. I don't think he gave a fcuck how his successor got on to be honest. All he cared about was winning one last PL title.

1) No, just No, Man U fans will and should worship him forever. No more needs to be said.

2) I agree with this and i think Fergie knew and was going out on top no matter what came after him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mosstin wrote: »
    Ultimate definition of an existential crisis this though - when our year might actually become our year. :eek:

Just imagine the angst by Our Year when our year becomes our year.

Lucas is useless
    Net spend

Agree with your sentiment but the extremity of saying a kid shouldn't wear the jersey again. Yet the clubs fans pride themselves on wanting to give kids a chance.

Agree with your sentiment but the extremity of saying a kid shouldn't wear the jersey again. Yet the clubs fans pride themselves on wanting to give kids a chance.

People say lots of ridiculous stuff. I'd imagine there wasn't many saying that.

Plenty wanted him loaned alright.

People say lots of ridiculous stuff. I'd imagine there wasn't many saying that.

Plenty wanted him loaned alright.

There was a few and what's worse is there wasn't as many shouting down the idea as there was of Insua should have got a better chance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Finishing 4th was a bit of pipe dream last August, 3rd would have been a super year, 2nd wasn't even on the horizon, top of the pile at the end...lol, yera right.

I know the position we are in, but I'm really trying to think of nailing 4th tomorrow, trying then for 3rd, 2nd would be one hell of a year, 1st ...trying not to think that the impossible might actually happen.

Being a Pool fan at the moment is scary, exciting, exhilarating, nervy but above all else...brilliant! Loving every minute of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

...oh yeah, MOTD just started, might be a good view tonight!!

• Advertisement

Jaysus it's great seeing Mourinho get bet :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The stars are aligning in our favour, just need to go out tomorrow and do Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

If liverpool win tomorrow that's 9 points gained on Chelsea in a week
    7 gained on arsenal
    5 gained on city
    That would be some week

I don't get this, how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mourinho with the ball boy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just watching motd , fair play to palace they were well up for it and had some good chances

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just watching motd , fair play to palace they were well up for it and had some good chances

Will be a tough game when we play them.

Pulis is an expert at parking the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

shamrock55 wrote: »

Hazard aside i don't fear anyone in that Chelsea side. They are very beatable gutted they did us over at xmas.:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Turtyturd wrote: »

Im telling ya and have being saying it for months that he will cock-up big time with his pompous attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

You would have to feel sorry for John terry
    Said nobody ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »

Trying to entice him to work at the Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rosicky dive was shocking.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement