Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Rosicky dive was shocking.
    Rooneys was pretty disgraceful too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just realised 6/7 of our games are on a sunday whats that about??

Well next 5 are on Sky with the last game of the season being on a Sunday for the past number of years.

Sky games for May have yet to be announced so i am going to guess that all games will be on a Sunday now until the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You would have to feel sorry for John terry
    Said nobody ever

Couldn't embed this, the youtube button is gone for some reason.
    Frankie Boyles feelings about JT.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYfreJO7zs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rosicky dive was shocking.

What's your problem with Arsenal anyway? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »
    What's your problem with Arsenal anyway? :confused:

No problem at all. Their fans on the other hand....

I'm getting a bad feeling about this. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No problem at all. Their fans on the other hand....

Their fans? I hardly even notice Arsenal fans.

If it gets to the point that Chelsea need to win at Anfield it'll be an interesting match. While on paper it should suit Liverpool it'll be fun to see how Rodgers sets out a side, Mourinho ain't stupid as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Bj7wkl2CEAEYgue.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bj7wkl2CEAEYgue.jpg:large

Pretty much.

Remember lads. We were all to be delighted with 4th at the start of the season. Where we are now is a dream come true :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If liverpool win tomorrow that's 9 points gained on Chelsea in a week
    7 gained on arsenal
    5 gained on city
    That would be some week
    POKERKING wrote: »
    I don't get this, how?

Took me a bit to figure out, but he is only counting the games within 7 days so Chelseas 6-1 victory against Arsenal on Saturday morning doesn't count.
    Hence we have gained 6 points on them so far in a week, similar for the other two teams.
    Edit : Though doesn't really fit for City as they played at the same time as us on Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

hefferboi wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with my hands!

Touch mike's wood!

Flanno's wood is justified!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Man, the hours can't go by quick enough...

Bar that last one.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Grayditch wrote: »
    Man, the hours can't go by quick enough...

Bar that last one.

If you got BF4, hop on your PS4, you bum :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If you got BF4, hop on your PS4, you bum :P

I'm in work, skivin' off! Deffo tomorrow. Depending on my mood after 5... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

monkey9 wrote: »
    Their fans? I hardly even notice Arsenal fans.

You not remember last summer with the whole Suarez thing. Their a funny bunch they don't take criticism well.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You not remember last summer with the whole Suarez thing. Their a funny bunch they don't take criticism well.

Preaching to the choir here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I have to say I like Sherwood. He maybe isn't up to the job but he wears his heart on his sleeve and speaks will real honestly when he talks.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

This is the best coached Liverpool side in my memory. I'm 45 and following them since I was around 6 or 7. This side makes me believe again, and love football again. The 08/09 team left it after them, they had better players overall but these lads want to be on the ball at all times. Flanagan is the proof of this he's been coached into a better player. I want to believe now but I'm afraid of the disappointment. Brendan with his message to the fans is now trying to train us as well if it works and takes the pressure of the players then he's Shankley and Paisley rolled into one. Fingers crossed for later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I know I was tempted to stay over on Wednesday after the Sunderland game
    Knew I shouldn't have got married and had kids
    The reason I asked about your flight during tge week was we were on the early one and the landing in dublin was horrific
    Plane just fell out of the sky hit the runway with an unmerciful thud all you could hear was 200 oh Fuchs

I was on that one too. Was half dozing with the missus and we were both rudely awakened :/

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

djPSB wrote: »
    It's secure no doubt. He goes down as one of the greatest managers of all time no matter what.

But if United had appointed a world class manager, and they went on to win a few more PL titles and CL etc. then United fans probably wouldn't appreciate him as much as do in the current mess.

I also think that Fergie knew United's time at the top was coming to an end and knew that the squad they had was going to suffer compared to their rivals. He signed RVP, won the title and went out on a high. I don't think he gave a fcuck how his successor got on to be honest. All he cared about was winning one last PL title.

agree 100% and it infuriates my ute mates when i make that point. not signing a midfield for the past few years was a glaring mistake. it still makes me wonder how they won it last year with a crap team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

if we win the league I'll really stop caring.
    2005 was mind blowing but this THIS jesus H Christ is this really happening?

Guys the dream is over. But I guess I never needed to step up anyway to replace Suarez,as Rodgers managed to keep him - his best piece of business yet.
    Broke my foot and I'll be out for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Were second in the table. **** fergie.

He may not be Man U manager anymore but I hope he still has many years left on this earth, just so he can see ourselves firmly reclaim our ****ing perch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

He may not be Man U manager anymore but I hope he still has many years left on this earth, just so he can see ourselves firmly reclaim our ****ing perch.

Lads forget about him he's irrelevant to today's game

just watched the Manu Liverpool game again (that's never getting deleted) have to say Gerrard must be up there as one of the best players Liverpoool ever had. If they don't make a statue for him outside I'm building one myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Great to see every one else dropping points this week but, 7 wins in a row, this streak isn't going to last. I don't think it'll end tomorrow mind you. It'll be a win or worst case scenario a draw. It's no longer a case of "We could win all our remaining games and city could still beat us", but lets face it, points will be dropped!

It's a 1/50 chance that we won't drop points before the end of the season. Gerrard's or Skrtel's luck running out and getting red carded, a Suarez or Sturridge injury.

On the other hand, we didn't have SAS the last time we played City / Chelsea and we played away.
    The last 2 games we technically played badly but still got 6 points.

Best opportunity in quite a long time. Right now we probably have a 40% chance of winning the league! :eek:

off topic but
    saw mourinho's press conference about the ballboy. he said the kid was cute but I said to him you do that someday and someone will punch you. classy, threatening an eleven year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I'm up at this god forsaken hour on a Sunday morning to get all my work done so I can sit down at 4, crack open a bottle and enjoy the game.

Ironically I can't get any work done as I can think of nothing but the match. I got dressed this morning humming now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe us...

Fooking loving it though, come on you red men!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Cant sleep.

But no, no, todays game has nothing got to do with it.

Crocodiles.
    Nile
    etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

opr wrote: »
    I have to say I like Sherwood. He maybe isn't up to the job but he wears his heart on his sleeve and speaks will real honestly when he talks.

Opr

He doesn't have the air or demeanour of a top class manager and will never be one. Mediocrity beckons for him and his teams. Never be a title winner, which is what spurs want and so he is a dead man walking.

Having said that he will probably inspire them to a win today.

believe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Rodgers response to Sherwood
    Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers puts pressure back on Tim Sherwood's Spurs.
    Tim Sherwood is still new to the media side of football management and it shows. His comment that he saw signs in the slightly less than comfortable 2-1 win over Sunderland in midweek that Liverpool might be feeling the pressure of their new billing as title contenders was the equivalent of a boxer leading with his chin. Brendan Rodgers hit the target sweetly with a curt reply. "I don't think we are under pressure," the Liverpool manager said. "Probably not as much as a team that spent £100m and must have been hoping to challenge for the league this season."

Full article @ The Guardian [url] http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/29/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-tim-sherwood-spurs[/url]

believe.jpg

Want
    Where?
    How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

zAbbo wrote: »
    Rodgers response to Sherwood

Ding ding ding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

He's one of the best speakers wot I ever erd
    opr wrote: »

He's one of the best speakers wot I ever erd

Opr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Want
    Where?
    How?

I robbed it from elsewhere. The best I can do for you is just to suggest copting it from my post.:o

I robbed it from elsewhere. The best I can do for you is just to suggest copting it from my post.:o

dammit anyone good with computers and tee shirt making?
    take my money meme *insert here*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

believe.jpg

Get new screensaver. Check.
    That's my work done for the day.
    Now to watch repeats of the mauling at WHL earlier this season until gametime.

Get new screensaver. Check.
    That's my work done for the day.
    Now to watch repeats of the mauling at WHL earlier this season until gametime.

oh god ty
    my screensaver is set

Our fans should look at Palace fans yesterday to see how to make noise for a solid 90mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Our fans should look at Palace fans yesterday to see how to make noise for a solid 90mins.

If, at this point, our fans need a lesson in making noise, something has gne very wrong at the most unlikely possible moment.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watched bales 2nd goal for R. M ,
    Glad not to be facing hin today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I've seen spurs fans saying they'd rather arsenal win the league ahead of Liverpool and a few weeks back, arsenal fans were saying they'd rather spurs finish ahead of us. You bitter fcuks in here have really built up the hate on this site and for that I applaud you. please keep it up as their tears fuel me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I've seen spurs fans saying they'd rather arsenal win the league ahead of Liverpool and a few weeks back, arsenal fans were saying they'd rather spurs finish ahead of us. You bitter fcuks in here have really built up the hate on this site and for that I applaud you. please keep it up as their tears fuel me.

The Turdyturd Effect. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Two years ago, we won a grand total of 14 games in the league.

Last year,, that rose slightly to 16.

This year (our year), people are talking about winning the next 7 games, making it 14 wins in a row, and 28 wins in total.

That's mad, Ted.

Whatever happens, this season is already remarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Some of our own fans don't want us to win it because of our fans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement