Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Turdyturd Effect. :pac:

Don't even know how to find the Spurs forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    It's a 1/50 chance that we won't drop points before the end of the season.

Think you mean it's a 1/50 shot we will drop points before end of the season, if not then change your bookmaker :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't even know how to find the Spurs forum.

it's a bit like finding Spurs in the league. Look down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm a spurs fan and regular in the spurs forum.

I don't believe for one second that anyone wants arsenal to finish above liverpool , yet alone win the league ahead of them.

As is well documented and accepted - 'some' Liverpool fans have been getting up everyone's nose this year but for the most part we all like to see David slay Goliath and if that means Liverpool put an end to the usual EPL winners then we're all for it.t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

kfallon wrote: »
    Think you mean it's a 1/50 shot we will drop points before end of the season, if not then change your bookmaker :pac:

Or give me the name of your bookmaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/brendan-rodgers-fear-of-failure-liverpool-premier-league

Being turned away from the club car park at Nottingham Forest before a youth cup tie involving his son, Anton, then of Chelsea, hammered home to Rodgers that he was outside football for the first time in his professional career. The Liverpool manager has not forgotten the misery and now makes a point of contacting every sacked manager to extend an invitation to Melwood, the club's training ground.

Revisiting that defining period, one that has ultimately made Liverpool dream of a first league title in 24 years, Rodgers reveals: "I got the sack on 16 December. It was 5pm on a Wednesday and my first thought was to ring the family to make sure they heard the news from me first. My objective then, because it was the first time in my life I was out of work and out of football, was to make sure it did not spoil Christmas for my family. After that I went to Dubai to reflect for 10 days and started to write in the sunshine about my experience, how it could have been different, what I could improve, what I should take into my next job? What areas would I be better when I was next a manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

The nerves are at me today and on top of that I've work at 5 so will only see half of the first half :( Livescore > Customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just watched the Manu Liverpool game again (that's never getting deleted) have to say Gerrard must be up there as one of the best players Liverpoool ever had. If they don't make a statue for him outside I'm building one myself!

Not to put a damper on things but he's still on yellow card watch, one today would see him miss the city game

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

New banner for today's game.

w0127p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Should have titled it The Chosen One.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

spockety wrote: »
    He doesn't have the air or demeanour of a top class manager and will never be one. Mediocrity beckons for him and his teams. Never be a title winner, which is what spurs want and so he is a dead man walking.

Having said that he will probably inspire them to a win today.

Agree with the sentiments, but wasn't he capt the year Blackburn won it?
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Our fans should look at Palace fans yesterday to see how to make noise for a solid 90mins.

Palace have had the Ultras thing going for a few years now. I know plenty don't like ultras, but they make some noise, and do it not just for the big occasions, same every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Agree with the sentiments, but wasn't he capt the year Blackburn won it?

More than just a captain, he was King Kenny's captain. They only got promoted in 1992 (after finishing 6th in old Div2). Went 4th in '93, 2nd in '94 and won it in '95 playing super football with Sherwood at the heart of it.

He may not be the most articulate or as navel gazing as Brendan Rodgers, but has achieved more in football than most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Been up since the dawn.....and it's still another 2 hours away....Long day....nerves are shot already !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

forget the last seven wins.. start a run of 7 more from scratch..we can do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'm not nervous at all.

We are going to batter them.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

barone wrote: »
    forget the last seven wins.. start a run of 7 more from scratch..we can do this

easier;forget the last game and take each 90 on its own merits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

amber69 wrote: »
    This is the best coached Liverpool side in my memory. I'm 45 and following them since I was around 6 or 7. This side makes me believe again, and love football again. The 08/09 team left it after them, they had better players overall but these lads want to be on the ball at all times. Flanagan is the proof of this he's been coached into a better player. I want to believe now but I'm afraid of the disappointment. Brendan with his message to the fans is now trying to train us as well if it works and takes the pressure of the players then he's Shankley and Paisley rolled into one. Fingers crossed for later today.

Likewise am also of an older vintage, started supporting LFC as a 7 or 8 year old when they apppeared on "Pebble Mill at One" after winning the European Cup, I suppose I was a little glory hunter then, but cant be accused of that trait for the last 25 years..
    Re best coached Liverpool side, I can see your argument in terms of player development - Flanagan being a good example - but I'm also impressed by players appreciation of Rodgers different tactical set-ups. They all know what they are supposed to be doing when we change formation.
    By the way, for anyone reading my "Sterling for right-back" post last night, admittedly I was under the influence and may not be able to fully back up that idea in the cold light of day...
    Please make allowances for posts made post 10pm on a day when our moneyed rivals drop points.. similarly make allowances for any posts made at any time of the day for at least 1 month after we win the league - whenever that happens again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Knex. wrote: »
    Two years ago, we won a grand total of 14 games in the league.

Last year,, that rose slightly to 16.

This year (our year), people are talking about winning the next 7 games, making it 14 wins in a row, and 28 wins in total.

That's mad, Ted.

Whatever happens, this season is already remarkable.

That certainly puts it into perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fulham giving Utd hope on still managing a Europa league place.

Cracking goal by Dejagah

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Sterling in for Allen the only change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Confirmed ‪#‎LFC‬ team - Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez
    Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

It's a pretty huge change though. Sterling for Coutinho is just a personal change but this makes us ultra attacking. Coutinho has really stepped it up in the bigger games this season especially in terms of work-rate and we really need to see that again today with that team.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sterling is must-start, his pace could destroy Spurs if they play a high line. Spurs are also lightweight in the middle, so Hendo and Gerrard should be able to get a hold of it, allowing Coutinho to flourish.

Need Coutinho to play like he did v Arsenal in this setup. ie, plenty of pressing and tracking back.

We are going for the early bombardment here I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Need Coutinho to play like he did v Arsenal in this setup. ie, plenty of pressing and tracking back.

I love talking about football matches like this. Sink'em in the first 20 minutes :pac:

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

hopefully Ive a mothers day meal at 5:mad:. Nice attacking line up suarez will probably be slightly left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

opr wrote: »
    It's a pretty huge change though. Sterling for Coutinho is just a personal change but this makes us ultra attacking. Coutinho has really stepped it up in the bigger games this season especially in terms of work-rate and we really need to see that again today with that team.

Opr

Thinking the exact same myself.. Going to be an interesting match..

Yes it looks like the blitzkrieg formation is back, should be interesting. In fairness to the Count, from a defensive perspective his work-rate and effectiveness (tackles won / interceptions made) has improved as the season has gone on, Allen does not deliver significantly greater defensively to warrant leaving out Coutinho's on the ball ability, in my sober opinion :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

opr wrote: »
    I love talking about football matches like this. Sink'em in the first 20 minutes :pac:

Opr

Tim Sherwood to by crying, "You sunk my battleship", by halftime.

• Advertisement

nervous.gif?w=660

Just looking at the Spurs midfield, Bentaleb/Sigurrdson/Lennon/Chadli, has calmed my nerves immeasureably in the last few mins. Deep breaths

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

garra wrote: »
    Just looking at the Spurs midfield, Bentaleb/Sigurrdson/Lennon/Chadli, has calmed my nerves immeasureably in the last few mins. Deep breaths

We are going to have a lot of possession in the line between Spurs defence and midfield. Lots of triangles around Bentaleb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

4-3-3?

There's going to be goals here.

Lots of juicy goals.

Cue 0-0 game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm shítting it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I must be the only one not nervous about this match. I'm expecting a comfortable victory and the match most likely over by half time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Mothers Day formalities all done and dusted, now for the match

Come on the fack Liverpool, do it!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I guarantee Spurs will pick up a result. It's a cert. Banker. Sure thing. No question about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

percy007 wrote: »
    Confirmed ‪#‎LFC‬ team - Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez
    Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses

Straight for the jugular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

tumblr_n1oionmIWU1r4t7nto1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

gimli2112 wrote: »
    off topic but
    saw mourinho's press conference about the ballboy. he said the kid was cute but I said to him you do that someday and someone will punch you. classy, threatening an eleven year old.

Hazard already showed everyone earlier this season (or was it last season?) what Chelsea are prepared to do to ballboys to get what they want. :eek: I for one think they should be taken seriously and their demands met! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Sky sports montage- " These players looking to put the liverbird back on its perch". Love It!

jKtgYxH.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Galvanised

Amazing Awesome

UYyZAJn.jpg

I have to keep checking the "As it Stands" table on BBC website, it's just not sinking in that we are league leaders and we're nearly in April. Going to pinch my wood to see if that wakes me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Are we actually going to win this thing:eek: god damb it my brain is fried this is going to be a torturous few weeks but ill gladly take it:D

Bj_J-UUCUAAtOjS.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just woke up
    doing the Hendo dance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Magic. On we roll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Rodgers will have a new trophy to go with them teeth! lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement