Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is no defending that decision, Its a clear penalty. Poor referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Always remember Lampard charging Finan at Anfield and the ref gave Chelski the pen. Still shudder thinking of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

we need Sakho back
    Agger is good on the ball but he is slow,not very strong & poor in the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Always remember Lampard charging Finan at Anfield and the ref gave Chelski the pen. Still shudder thinking of it.
    Fairly certain it was Malouda, we were supposed to be in for him that summer & Chelsea beat us to him (Some things never change :pac:) so was disgusted when he won it for running into Finnan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here guys! Delighted with the win! Whatever Wenger said definitely had an effect on the team. Defensively Arsenal were strong and disciplined today, unlike last week. They really need to carry this forward now, especially against Bayern. Well done to Liverpool on a great game. They are definitely going in the right direction under BR. It’s great to see a young manager doing so well and be supported by the club’s board. With 12 games left in the league and only 4 points behind the leaders you've a great chance of winning the title imo. Most of the other teams challenging are still in Europe and in the domestic cups. I hope you show the same intensity and great forward attacking play for the remainder of the season. This could very well be your year! By the way there was a very nice embrace by Cazorla and Suarez at full time. Two wonderful footballers who have a lot of respect and admiration for one another!

MD1990 wrote: »
    we need Sakho back
    Agger is good on the ball but he is slow,not very strong & poor in the air

Sakho has been patchy too tbh.

Skrtel has been best of the 4. If someone said that to me in the summer I'd have laughed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

niallo27 wrote: »
    He is blocking the vital moment there though. You can't see the kick.

Ahah! Sure he couldn't see it because there was some gob****e in the way!

Oh.. wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Disappointed to be knocked of the cup but reasonably happy with the performance.
    its been a long time since we have been that confident in possession and so threatening in attack away to a top side, we have improved dramatically under Rodgers in the last 12 months.
    At start of season i thought we would still be outside top 4, and thought it was 2/3 years away..
    so onwards and upwards for the remainder of the league where we can hopefully cement our top 4 spot, anything better and its a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

rarnes1 wrote: »

Skrtel has been best of the 4. If someone said that to me in the summer I'd have laughed

Disagree man. 10 minute meltdown against Chelsea aside, he's been mostly very good which is impressive when you factor in everything -

New team
    New league
    New language
    New formation/system (remember he came in and played 3 at the back for the first time in his career)
    Revolving door of teammtes given all the injuries.

I have little doubt we have on our hands the best center back in the league once he settles down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Disagree man. 10 minute meltdown against Chelsea aside, he's been mostly very good which is impressive when you factor in everything -

New team
    New league
    New language
    New formation/system (remember he came in and played 3 at the back for the first time in his career)

I have little doubt we have on our hands the best center back in the league once he settles down.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Skrtel has been our only centre-half that has stayed fit all season. In fairness to him he's been mostly good but even today he did that hook the ball over his head move that led to Richardson's goal at Fulham. Today he hooked the ball straight to Cazorla who luckily enough shot well wide.

Reading the last few pages of the match thread makes me remember why I usually avoid match threads like the plague. Some amount of scutter on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Reading the last few pages of the match thread makes me remember why I usually avoid match threads like the plague. Some amount of scutter on it.

agree totally
    its malogen

New team
    New league
    New language

I've said a few times that at times he looks like a top player and I have no doubts he'll be first choice next season. Other times he's been average, but yeah the reasons you have mentioned would surely be factors.

Our defense is poor this season overall tbh but that's down to the way we play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Even worse that they are trying to goad posters into their thread. Fair play to rarnes and Nuri for not giving them what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Even worse that they are trying to goad posters into their thread. Fair play to rarnes and Nuri for not giving them what they want.

I'm rather enjoying the Arsenal fans coming in to the thread too.

I don't see the point in it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Thats a glowing review of him guys, not sure i feel the same.

While i do rate him and think he's a great addition, i genuinely fear him when he has the ball at his feet. Nothing that cant be coached. He is a beast, he cant come back soon enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

New team
    New league
    New language

Not to mention he just turn 24 on Thursday and had never played or lived away from his hometown.

Still wonder how the hell we managed to sign him at times. He's the quality of player we will need if we are going to start challenging domestically and in Europe again.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Skrtel has been our only centre-half that has stayed fit all season. In fairness to him he's been mostly good but even today he did that hook the ball over his head move that led to Richardson's goal at Fulham. Today he hooked the ball straight to Cazorla who luckily enough shot well wide.

Yup. I should clarify as like with Agger, I'm quite critical of Skrtel as well as I just don't think he's developed into the imposing CB he should have done. He's done well this season. He's had some very good performances, but in any given game, he's on the brink of a monumental **** up at any given moment.

If he was sold in the summer, I wouldn't be overly fussed if I'm honest if replaced adequately, but at the same time, I'd gladly have him here. I still need to see something, anything on a consistent level to judge his partnership with Sakho tbh.

As I've eluded to before and above, I have faith in Sakho more than most in the squad tbh. The guy is a genuine top class talent who IMHO could and should develop into a Top 3-5 CB in world football if given time. That's how much faith in him I have in him. In saying that, time matters little if you can't find a settled partnership, no matter the talent of any one or two individuals.

Just from the bits n bobs I've seen, I'm optimistic about Ilori, but he's probably a year out from competing for a starting XI position. So with that said, one from Skrtel and Agger should will surely be off in the summer, it'd probably be Skrtel, especially if we get offload Agger (for Montoya would be ideal!). I honestly hate talking bad about Agger tbh, and while I love his passion for the club and he is my type of CB more so than a Carragher for example, it's all about the bigger picture and he's expendable.
    Not to mention he just turn 24 on Thursday and had never played or lived away from his hometown.

Still wonder how the hell we managed to sign him at times. He's the quality of player we will need if we are going to start challenging domestically and in Europe again.

Neither do I. I would have put some money on a Chelsea, City, Barca etc being in for him last summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Some of his passing has been excellent & he's quite good at bringing the ball out from the back with his burst of pace :confused:

The only thing wrong with Sahkos game thus far, from what I've seen iis that, from time to time his judgement is off, he tends to rush in to make the challenge and win the ball when sitting deep is the better option. Hopefully, with more game time that should come more naturally to him. He's still a very young defender but he looks head and shoulders above the standard for his age I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Why cant he head the ball clear, even for a corner, rather than hook it back into the danger area or miss it completely.
    Its unacceptable defending at this level tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

D'Agger wrote: »
    Some of his passing has been excellent & he's quite good at bringing the ball out from the back with his burst of pace :confused:

At times he waits on the ball too long and gets closed down and forced into losing possession or picking out a poor pass......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Disappointed to be knocked out of the cup,especially playing as well as we did in the 2nd half but if you don't take the chances & score you inevitably pay the price.If we don't get in the top 4 now it will be no one else fault but our own
    rarnes1 wrote: »

Says it all about the defense

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

12 games that will probably sculpture the next 10 year's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Agueroooo wrote: »

Oh please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Agueroooo wrote: »

You love a bit of drama don't you? You said recently one game at a time, stick to it.

Not really...look at Spurs. They have been in and out of the CL places over the last few years. Qualification for the first time hasn't created their path for the following decade.

Next thread should be 'Pilsbury Doughboy's pre approved Liverpool related comments thread....now with no Gerald slagging and 50% lessMr Alan.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

Thought Allen was not up to the game again. Missing Lucas in this game or even Henderson to run around like crazy and get the blocks in, close the opposition down quickly and get some decent starting platforms from which to launch attacks. we did look better when Hendo came on I think although Cissokho is not playing his way into a permanent contract like this.

RE Allen, I dont think it does him any favours to not be playing regulary, we could see his talent when he was getting regular games.. and I would say the same about Agger too. This wont be a problem next season if they can both stay fit as we'll have plenty of games to go round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No Gerald talk at all id say :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Another very tame 'thanks' attempt, gotta up your game, try posting up a pic mocking Moyes that's a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Most important 12 games since Istanbul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ush wrote: »
    Most important 12 games since Istanbul

That was just one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

A very important 12 game stretch.

Only once or twice before in the last 20 years have we harboured title hopes at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Two nil down, two one down, Howard Webb is a f#!king clown.

Apologies its been a long day:-)

A very important 12 game stretch.

Only once or twice before in the last 20 years have we harboured title hopes at this stage

But to say they will shape the next decade is a bit too OTT for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Brad Jones sure likes to punch the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Howard Webb wants to be in the limelight. Thats the problem with him. The administrators of the game confuse that with good refereeing.

But to say they will shape the next decade is a bit too OTT for me.

True. I'll just be a depressing summer

True. I'll just be a depressing summer

Could be that anyway. I still hold the belief that Suarez won't be back from the world cup no matter what is achieved this season. If that happens we would be unlikely to get a replacement until after the qualifiers if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Most important 12 game stretch since the last 12 games we played.

Could be that anyway. I still hold the belief that Suarez won't be back from the world cup no matter what is achieved this season. If that happens we would be unlikely to get a replacement until after the qualifiers if at all.

I'm not sure where he goes to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Two nil down, two one down, Howard Webb is a f#!king clown.

Apologies its been a long day:-)

Just saw that tackle. Suarez ruined it for himself IMO. Immediately the ref is choosing between Suarez making a meal of it and Suarez diving.

The easy option of 'clear contact impeding striker, simple penalty' is taken off the table as soon as Suarez does the double pike.

It shouldn't make a difference, someone should be able to simply look back at it and award the penno but it doesn't work that way. Suarez suggests he's faking and the ref does the rest cause it's the easier decision.

I agree though, he is a clown.

• Advertisement

Thought Sterling was excellent again today. And good when moved to right back as well. Seen him play there on the odd occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ush wrote: »
    Howard Webb wants to be in the limelight. Thats the problem with him. The administrators of the game confuse that with good refereeing.

I think it's the opposite nearly, he's so afraid to be in the limelight he just bottles it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I didn't realise Sturridge was in tears at the after the whistle. Scoring goals means absolutely everything to him in every game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm not sure where he goes to be honest.

Hypothetically, if it were not being offered elsewhere, would you take 80 million for him from Arsenal?

gosplan wrote: »
    Just saw that tackle. Suarez ruined it for himself IMO. Immediately the ref is choosing between Suarez making a meal of it and Suarez diving.

Webb was never going to give Liverpool two penalties within a few minutes of each other no matter what. I was shocked he gave the first one to be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement