Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

My god I'm so happy right now it's unreal !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Perfecetly sums me up this weekend even though I'm in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Where the fcuk is the new thread?

First page should solely be gifs of unbridled happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Last week:
    1. Chelsea: +7
    1.. City: +7
    3. Liverpool: +6

4. Arsenal: +1

5. Everton: -3
    6. Spurs: -6
    7. United -10.5

Updated:

1. City: +7
    1. Liverpool: +7
    3. Chelsea: +5

4. Arsenal: 0
    5. Everton: -2

6. Spurs: -7
    7. United -10

Spurs now offically out of the top 4 race and it's getting to be squeaky bum time for Arsenal who drop out of the plusses for the first time since I started this. Still would be very surprised if Everton pipped them though.

At the top we make a huge gain on Chelsea. With City probably expected to take more from their games in hand than the 2ppg model outlined for this, I would say they are still in the strongest position - to clarify if they were showing form of a CL qualifying team ('0') then you could say their games in hand are negated by their difficult fixtures, but as is, you would expect them to do a bit better than that.

Reaching a final total of +9.5 would leave you on 86 points. Enough to win the title? I thought so a few weeks ago, but now I'm not so sure.

Insane that we're talking about maybe getting 10 points more than a target that most would have deemed unrealistic in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Agueroooo wrote: »

and we're 5 clear with anfield in hand

gimli2112 wrote: »

sorry I discounted Chelsea cos mourinho said so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

gimli2112 wrote: »

4 clear.

Jaysus neither of ye can get stats right ;)

retalivity wrote: »
    Where the fcuk is the new thread?

First page should solely be gifs of unbridled happiness

They should be gifs of Brendan !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

John Flanagan loves a tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whoever started the match threads for the away games to City and Chelsea over the Christmas period please let someone else start them this time. :p please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

John Flanagan loves a tackle.

That tackle on Soldado gave me a huge grin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Morzadec wrote: »
    Spurs now offically out of the top 4 race and it's getting to be squeaky bum time for Arsenal who drop out of the plusses for the first time since I started this. Still would be very surprised if Everton pipped them though.

At the top we make a huge gain on Chelsea. With City probably expected to take more from their games in hand than the 2ppg model outlined for this, I would say they are still in the strongest position - to clarify if they were showing form of a CL qualifying team ('0') then you could say their games in hand are negated by their difficult fixtures, but as is, you would expect them to do a bit better than that.

Reaching a final total of +9.5 would leave you on 86 points. Enough to win the title? I thought so a few weeks ago, but now I'm not so sure.

Insane that we're talking about maybe getting 10 points more than a target that most would have deemed unrealistic in the first place

The strange thing is, Spurs have a very winnable final 6 games. I don't think they will win them, but if they did, they would finish on 74 points, which seems like an awful lot of points to have and NOT finish in the top 4.

The RedCafu's tackle.

ibuQwLm6Uh6w2w.gif

The RedCafu's tackle.

ibuQwLm6Uh6w2w.gif

Love seeing the no fear tackles from players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

When they play like that there is no reason to be afraid of the likes of City and Chelsea. More nervous about the likes of West Ham and Palace as Allardyce and Pulis know how to upset the applecart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fizman wrote: »
    The strange thing is, Spurs have a very winnable final 6 games. I don't think they will win them, but if they did, they would finish on 74 points, which seems like an awful lot of points to have and NOT finish in the top 4.

'Officially' was perhaps not the right word to use!

Spurs are awful though, I hugely doubt they will have any say on the 4th spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The RedCafu's tackle.

Preferred the one in the 8th minute on Lennon, put a marker down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

so in just over 2 months
    we have beaten Everton 4-0
    Arsenal 5-1
    Man Utd 0-3
    Spurs 4-0

really been an incredible last few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The RedCafu's tackle.

ibuQwLm6Uh6w2w.gif

He even gets a clap from a Spurs fan. Either than or he really hates Soldado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

When they play like that there is no reason to be afraid of the likes of City and Chelsea. More nervous about the likes of West Ham and Palace as Allardyce and Pulis know how to upset the applecart.

Hopefully Palace will be safe and thinking about their holidays by the time the second last game comes around. I think they might be.

Big Sam would love to throw a spanner in the works next weekend with Liverpool arriving with their fancy dan football.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    so in just over 2 months
    we have beaten Everton 4-0
    Arsenal 5-1
    Man Utd 0-3
    Spurs 4-0

really been an incredible last few months

All that since January 31st.

And we all know how January 31st went. :)

Flanagan of all players really must be in dreamland probably told he wasn't going to make it at Liverpool and as Brendan Rodgers said no one wanted him on loan. Now he is a first team starter been told a new contract is there for him in the summer and he has Cafu tweeting about him.

The boy done good for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

The RedCafu's tackle.

ibuQwLm6Uh6w2w.gif

Thumbs up to the Spurs fan applauding the tackle.

Hopefully Palace will be safe and thinking about their holidays by the time the second last game comes around. I think they might be.

Big Sam would love to throw a spanner in the works next weekend with Liverpool arriving with their fancy Desperate dan football.

Fixed.

He'll be licking his lips at the prospect alright though. It's a completely different test to recent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Ye're the best one man team I have ever seen

:D Van Persie won ye the league last year and Wayne Rooney prevented ye from been relegated this year, one man team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

shamelessly borrowed from RAWK.. :D

0BqsGHO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Big Sam would love to throw a spanner in the works next weekend with Liverpool arriving with their fancy dan football.

I suppose Man U won there so maybe my fears are misplaced. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

she has large breasts

MOTM. :D
    Bj_sRqTIcAAyr6o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

That roar when the match is over is making me believe....... It also gave me a twitch in my pants.

• Advertisement

0BqsGHO.jpg

If you look at that upside down it looks like easter eggs with the wrapper half torn off

0BqsGHO.jpg

I'd so motorboat those !!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What's Super Rush match thread starting record now?

we're here
    high fives?
    a group hug?
    I love you guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

*fhoump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Do people still believe Flanno isn't good enough to be starting for Liverpool next season? If so then I'd love to hear a proper justification for it. He has been immense this season. Solid defending for the most part but even more impressive is his composure on the ball. Look at his assist for Couthinho's goal and compare that type of cool play to the likes of Cissokho. Streets ahead and only 21. Fair play Flanny Alves, fair play!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

0BqsGHO.jpg

If only spurs had scored 1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I don't think there are many true football supporters about that could begrudge us this excitement.

Just one match a week now, I'd say the ex reds at Westham will give us a very tough game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

No need to have shortened the names, she could have gotten the full team names on those :eek:

• Advertisement

0BqsGHO.jpg

who wears black lipstick?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Do people still believe Flanno isn't good enough to be starting for Liverpool next season? If so then I'd love to hear a proper justification for it. He has been immense this season. Solid defending for the most part but even more impressive is his composure on the ball. Look at his assist for Couthinho's goal and compare that type of cool play to the likes of Cissokho. Streets ahead and only 21. Fair play Flanny Alves, fair play!

The one thing I'd question is whether he's better off at LB than RB. Like with Johnson, when he's played on the left side, he's impressed me far more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Daemonic wrote: »
    No need to have shortened the names, she could have gotten the full team names on those :eek:

And the scorers, sub's and names of the ref and linesmen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

LOL at the United thread, going on about how arrogant Liverpool fans are

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The one thing I'd question is whether he's better off at LB than RB. Like with Johnson, when he's played on the left side, he's impressed me far more.

I prefer him on the left. He's a better option than anybody we have there and he doesn't seem like the type of lad to complain even if he'd prefer to be on the right. I think we need to look at a new RB though. Absolutely love how Flanno gets stuck in. Defending the way defending should be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

punk_one82 wrote: »

Love the guy. His pug face looks gives the opposition a false sense of superiority, then BOOM, breaks them in half. Heroic stuff. He was involved in every good move down the left today and wasn't afraid to go forward

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote: »
    Love the guy. His pug face looks gives the opposition a false sense of superiority, then BOOM, breaks them in half. Heroic stuff. He was involved in every good move down the left today and wasn't afraid to go forward

That's been typical of his performances to be fair. Today wasn't a once off. He gives it his all every single game. Reminds me of Carragher in his no nonsense defending too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

The only problem with flanno is his lack of pace but hes doing a superb job otherwise. His transformation this year has been astronomical though, thought he'd end up at some league two club tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

EPL Stuff ‏@EPLStuff
    Rumours that Tottenham have sacked Tim Sherwood and there were fights in the Spurs dressing room after the Liverpool game.

There are also rumours that Tim Sherwood punched a Tottenham player in the dressing room after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LOL at the United thread, going on about how arrogant Liverpool fans are

A lot of ManU fans leaving themselves down alright. Great lads for dishing out abuse over the years when success came easy for them, cant take it when its the other way around, the ultimate bad losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fair play to Sherwood. His players were an absolute disgrace today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement