Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

spockety wrote: »
    This is going to be such a painful place if we drop points to west ham :D

Yeah, looking at the fixtures next weekend.

Chelsea home to Stoke
    City home to Southampton

Both games on Saturday.

I fully expect both to win and there'll be big pressure on us v the Hammers on Sunday. Very tricky fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

donfers wrote: »
    i need something to moan about....alan smith annoyed me as co-commentator, constant petty little digs at suarez, have never liked smith, constantly undermining us and saying we're not good enough, seems to be getting quieter on that front though

Can't stand him but it's not just him it's all the media tbh when Suarez is involved. Any time he goes in for a challange they go back to super slow mo to see if he kicked or injured the player annoys the hell out of me. If they looked at Fellaini's tackles a bit more they could make a MMA DVD and release it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

flanzer wrote: »
    Love the guy. His pug face :eek:looks gives the opposition a false sense of superiority, then BOOM, breaks them in half. Heroic stuff. He was involved in every good move down the left today and wasn't afraid to go forward

Yeah have to agree he plays up to be a bit slow but is always on the watch for when to pounce on a player (see gif :p) and more often than not he wrestles the ball away or forces an error. It's when he gets left on his heels by a quick player.. he might as well not be there at all, if he wouldn't get square on so often he'd be gift. passing/movement he still has potential to improve but has shown good composure. Delighted for him and you can see King Kenny beaming down on him, having brought him along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My particular favorite was the guy who states THUNDERCUNT

Thundercunt eh? (Looks at my own username....)
    Hoooooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

donfers wrote: »

I think Chelsea are a generous enough price. They definitely have the easiest run in imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah, looking at the fixtures next weekend.

Chelsea home to Stoke
    City home to Southampton

Both games on Saturday.

I fully expect both to win and there'll be big pressure on us v the Hammers on Sunday. Very tricky fixture.

The way this season is going i wouldn't be surprised if either City or Chelsea dropped points next weekend, or both even. It's just that type of season tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think Chelsea are a generous enough price. They definitely have the easiest run in imo.

True although they have also lost to Villa and Palace in the past few weeks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wowowowow what a game to be at, and what an atmosphere from start to finish. This team are so relentless and Suarez is the embodiment of that. Sterling was fantastic today and Coutinho was class as well. I can't wait to watch the recording of the match tomorrow as I finished my old job on Friday and start my new one on Tuesday, so that's worked out brilliantly. Waited on Anfield Road for the arrival of the coach and saw Kenny arrive 30 minutes before them and he gave us a wave which made my day even before the football. The new Rodgers song got a good few airings, and I have to say I like it, and he definitely deserves one! The Sturridge one wasn't sung with as much gusto, but as more get to know it that'll help.

I'm still buzzing here waiting in Manchester airport for the late flight.

5starpool wrote: »
    Wowowowow what a game to be at, and what an atmosphere from start to finish. This team are so relentless and Suarez is the embodiment of that. Sterling was fantastic today and Coutinho was class as well. I can't wait to watch the recording of the match tomorrow as I finished my old job on Friday and start my new one on Tuesday, so that's worked out brilliantly. Waited on Anfield Road for the arrival of the coach and saw Kenny arrive 30 minutes before them and he gave us a wave which made my day even before the football. The new Rodgers song got a good few airings, and I have to say I like it, and he definitely deserves one! The Sturridge one wasn't sung with as much gusto, but as more get to know it that'll help.

Class, great game to be at.

Atmosphere was fantastic today, really played a part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

What the Sturridge song and whats Rodgers new song??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Got an airing in the kop today

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Class, great game to be at.

Atmosphere was fantastic today, really played a part

That roar at the end was just spine tingling. The upper section of the Kop stayed behind for a sing song for an extra few mins too.

The best thing about this title challenge is the fact that it has been so unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Snap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

watching my screensaver
    Gerrard should have joined Chelsea in o6
    he didn't
    watching my screen saver
    he's starting to believe
    one of the greatest players of all time
    he's starting to believe
    watching

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

if we are not careful we could end up winning the league !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

6ty7.gif

noxe.gif

ovz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

gimli2112 wrote: »
    watching my screensaver
    Gerrard should have joined Chelsea in o6
    he didn't
    watching my screen saver
    he's starting to believe
    one of the greatest players of all time
    he's starting to believe
    watching

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is that our ex player Insua playing for Boca now against River Plate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

kfallon wrote: »
    Is that our ex player Insua playing for Boca now against River Plate?
    No he's playing for Atletico Madrid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Ins%C3%BAa

It must be Emanuel Insua, also a tiny, young, Argentinian left back. :P

EDIT: According to his spanish wiki page, he's a younger brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Suarez's goal today was such a smash and grab, yet with such skill and grace. My favourite type of goal, and one that defenders fear so much.

He looks like an absolute nightmare to play against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

just about to watch MOTD

I know the result!!!

As their jerseys say "seeing is believing",

BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Some will remember this and some where not even born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Speaking of Kenny, he didn't look happy when the camera panned to him at 2-0. No matter what he says in his columns, I reckon he'll find any potential title win very bittersweet.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i think we should let go of Agger in the summer
    his lack of pace & strength is a big weakness
    id start Sakho at West Ham

Dub13 wrote: »
    Some will remember this and some where not even born.

Remember it well, Villa drew 3-3 home to Norwich that day too, they were our closest challengers that season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Try and imagine this. Last day of the season, we need a win to secure the title. We lead 1-0 in injury time, Newcastle score an equaliser. Pardew would be just about the worst manager to do that, he already has a punchable face, imagine that stupid notebook celebration he does on the side line after stopping us winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

who picks Lawro's outfits... wtf

Try and imagine this. Last day of the season, we need a win to secure the title. We lead 1-0 in injury time, Newcastle score an equaliser. Pardew would be just about the worst manager to do that, he already has a punchable face, imagine that stupid notebook celebration he does on the side line after stopping us winning the league.

Pardew has had a punchable face since that 1990 FA Cup semi final at Villa Park :mad:

Huh?
    drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

8 wins on the bounce

35 points from the last 39

Top of the league with 6 games to play

tumblr_macvwbHMCM1qaonh9o1_500.gif

I thought I bookmarked this gif but couldnt find it earlier. ..cheers for bringing it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

who picks Lawro's outfits... wtf

Harry hill apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89255774

Originally Posted by tony1980 View Post
    If we manage to get 13 points from the next 5 games, it will set us up nicely for the Man City match, if we can then go and beat them at Anfield, I think we could seriously have a chance with a possible title decider against Chelsea at Anfield. I think Arsenal will be in trouble by the end of March, they have Chelsea, Spurs and City and then Everton away at the start of April!! I would expect a couple of draws, a loss and maybe one win in those fixtures for them, that's 7 points, hopefully that could put us about 5 points clear of them if all goes well!!
    Sit down quick before you keel over!

Im still standing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

How many more points do we need to top secure top 4?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Skyrtl and Agger have been good recently. Definitely the best option at the moment

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Glad the manager and players keep mentioning it. One game at a time and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

billy2012 wrote: »

lads
    we have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

10 if everton win their last 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Wonderful. Andersonisgod would be proud of that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think 79 points mathematically secures T4.
    Arsenal can get Max 82 and Everton Max 81, but they both can't do it because they play each other.
    So 8 more points.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Glad the manager and players keep mentioning it. One game at a time and all that.

Its the most overused cliché in football but it's so bloody true for the team.

I like the way the team and manager are just doing their talking on the pitch and nobody is mouthing to the press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

8 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

300938.png
    I'm almost believing too... almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

8 points guarantees 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

jamaamaj wrote: »
    3ido.jpg

RY4kYhW.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mark lawrenson is an embarrassment to humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

LiamoSail wrote: »
    10 if everton win their last 7

Forgot they have to play each other.

As others have said, 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

As a Liverpool fan, the best part of the run we are on is is the passing we are doing.

There is always a man available and some of passes to get us out of trouble wouldn't have been attempted last year. The resulting speed of transition has opposing defenses caught flat footed and facing their own goal.

We are a damn good side atm!

There must be sides in Europe bricking themselves at the thought of facing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

retalivity wrote: »
    Mark lawrenson is an embarrassment to humanity

With 5 league titles, 1 European Cup, an FA Cup and 3 League Cups, he's earned the right to go a bit dotty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement