Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

Why has Suarez stopped wearing the bandage on his wrist?

Mansfield reported him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Why has Suarez stopped wearing the bandage on his wrist?
    Had to give Henderson a loan of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

K-9 wrote: »
    I posted the exact same when one of the United match threads was in meltdown before Xmas, scoffing and WUM's are to be expected, it's when the more decent posters start taking pity on fans having to watch crap football, that's the real low!

I used to hate Arsenal, that goal in 89 cut deep, twas my birthday. Took Istanbul and wakening up on my birthday as European champions for the fifth time to wash away the bitterness! Chelsea replaced them. I don't really see why a Pool fan would hate them at this stage.

I'd say if you went through the main superthreads you'd have differing sections of posters who'd hate different clubs. My generation would have seen Everton and Arsenal as big rivals, then later United. Some of the older generation of Arsenal fans remember us being the one to match, and with us falling away the rivalry is more friendly. There's a couple that just hate Liverpool anyway, but you get that with all clubs.

+1. i loved the way Arsenal took it to United during the Henry/Viera years and made the PL bearable again when Liverpool were flapping. One thing i do hold Arsenal responsible for is dropping off their standards and allowing the end of Adams/Keown etc and to diminish their backline under Wenger that allowed United to dominate once more - and also the frustration watching them play some beautiful football only to fall short to teams that would physically batter them! No matter who you support you should always enjoy the football when its played in a way the older Arsenal teams used to play.

As Liverpool fans we have been through the mill aside for the Rafa era, we lost years due to the whole Gillett and Hicks sage and it was an awful time to be a fan when you see your club pulled apart like that. Thats why this season both the position we are in as well as the way Rodgers has us playing is a joy to watch.

... interestingly, i came across an older article of Rodgers when he first arrived and the expectation was that we'd play in a Swansea/Pass to death manner. How that ethos has changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9170623/barcelonas-javier-mascherano-reveals-reason-behind-his-liverpool-departure

"Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly," he said. "The people who were there at the time - the manager and Christian Purslow - have now gone but they know the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Don't think I was ever so proud of my team after a defeat
    We battered arsenal in the second half and if we had of taken our chances see could of won easily
    Arsenal players reaction at the final whistle shows how far we have come they were celebrating big time
    And if it hadn't been for a South Yorkshire police man we would have got something out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

One of them is a superstar playing at the biggest and best club in the world, the other one is Neymar. :P

cvd7vy

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

^^Coutinho is like the Brazilian Bosco

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gems galore in the United thread if anyone needs a laugh.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Batman just struck gold right now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's unbelievable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    On the topic of two faced posters though, Knex if you want me to take you up on that valentine proposition I need you to defend my honour against this ****. :pac:

:pac:

That post wasn't even quoting you! Plus, they like me over there, so you're on your own mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Reminds me of myself playing Championship Manager when I would put in bids of about 500 million combined on about 25 top players hoping one of them would say yes.

In fairness, even most of them are laughing at him.

Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Agueroooo wrote: »
    ^^Coutinho is like the Brazilian Bosco

untitled.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

765x10003.jpg

Poor Daniel didn't take defeat too well .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Poor Daniel didn't take defeat too well .

Good...don't want to see any of our players enjoy losing, the badge on the shirt says LFC, simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The match thread has taken a rather unexpected turn.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That thread is an absolute ****show of the highest order.

Just dropped in for a look...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Batman just struck gold right now ;)

Good. The FIFA 14 talk was near equally bizarre to the other one or two things being discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lord almighty, that thread should have been shut down hours ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah lads I am trying to work here....you can't be posting stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Right lads, own up. Which one if you's is bangkok!! :pac:

monkey9 wrote: »

Was thinking the same thing :pac:

Good job Sturridge was crying ... must have been sick he missed our best 3 chances. Very surprised at him. Coutinho was very wasteful at times too and aside from a few good through balls was poor enough.

There ... negativity. Lets not lose sight of what we need to do here, stop getting carried away never seen the place as CONTENT after a loss ever! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Good. The FIFA 14 talk was near equally bizarre to the other one or two things being discussed.

Jaysus your slow on the uptake nuri i was taking the piss.. work away though make more out of it to suit yourself...

On a thread related note lads coutinho is a little gem.. plays lovely football was ir rodgers that scouted him?

Was saying it in the pub yesterday (to anyone who'd listen, really), that I can't remember the last time Sturridge missed three chances in a row, and failed to score in the game.

So while his finishing was off on Sunday, its impressive that we have such high expectations of him due to him being absolutely clinical since he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

There ... negativity. Lets not lose sight of what we need to do here, stop getting carried away never seen the place as CONTENT after a loss ever! ;)

Think people realise it was a good performance for the most part and that they were the better side. Just didn't take their chances which happens sometimes.

That said if it was 3 points dropped rather than a cup game I think people would have freaked out a bit more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I can forgive Sturridge misses in the cup as long as he stays clinical in the league. Like he has been all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

On the topic of FIFA. Here is a goal I scored with Liverpool when I'm getting hammered by your beloved BvB Nuri :P

Add me on PSN : nslattery :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

Good job Sturridge was crying ... must have been sick he missed our best 3 chances. Very surprised at him. Coutinho was very wasteful at times too and aside from a few good through balls was poor enough.

Speaking for myself, I am content with the performance levels and the attitude shown by the players.. sometimes its not your day - negativity would be a mis-placed response to that match. Was also surprised that Studge didn;t register, thought he did the right thing in going round Fabianski for his best chance but the keeper did well. Disagree about Coutinho - he was excellent and again outshined Arsenals equivalent midefielder Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jaysus the AI is awful :p Should've stopped the throughball from Gerrard to Henderson and the 'attempted' header before the shot.... wtf was that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

On the topic of FIFA. Here is a goal I scored with Liverpool when I'm getting hammered by your beloved BvB Nuri :P

Add me on PSN : nslattery :D

@0:11 - through the eye of a needle :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Knex. wrote: »
    Was saying it in the pub yesterday (to anyone who'd listen, really), that I can't remember the last time Sturridge missed three chances in a row, and failed to score in the game.

So while his finishing was off on Sunday, its impressive that we have such high expectations of him due to him being absolutely clinical since he joined.

Any other game he would have buried all three chances . Someone has to be in for a hiding off Suarez soon .

Any other game he would have buried all three chances . Someone has to be in for a hiding off Suarez soon .

As long as he's not waiting until the next Norwich match... hat-trick against Swansea will do nicely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think you're setting him up for a fall with that type of expectation - Sturridge that is.

In fairness, Suarez set up two of Sturridge's chances, won a penalty, and should of won another.

On another day, that's 4 assists, which is remarkable.

Knex. wrote: »
    In fairness, Suarez set up two of Sturridge's chances, won a penalty, and should of won another.

On another day, that's 4 assists, which is remarkable.

To be honest couldn't care less who scores the goals, if Suarez keeps playing as he has this season goals will come, either for himself or those around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be honest couldn't care less who scores the goals, if Suarez keeps playing as he has this season goals will come, either for himself or those around him.

Only to a point - Suarez will get really angry at some point if he doesn't score, so its better that he does.

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    Speaking for myself, I am content with the performance levels and the attitude shown by the players.. sometimes its not your day - negativity would be a mis-placed response to that match. Was also surprised that Studge didn;t register, thought he did the right thing in going round Fabianski for his best chance but the keeper did well. Disagree about Coutinho - he was excellent and again outshined Arsenals equivalent midefielder Ozil.

I am kidding of course about Sturridge and the performance was a good one especially away from home and added to being 2-zip down it was great that we still expected!

As for Coutinho, its been an up and down season for him, he has been excellent in the Everton/Arsenal games in particular but yesterday i think he was very hot and cold. He served up a few delightful through balls that should have lead to goals BUT he was also very guilty of giving the ball away alot and thats on top of the 2-3 cross field balls that were intercepted. I'll give credit to Arsenal on that though and to Wenger too - he had Flamini and Arteta watching him like a hawk making life difficult, not helped either by BR who went to a back 3. I love the guy, he is a much valued player but i would ask anyone to go back and watch the game to concentrate on him.

... of course being critical, but i am still not happy Br made that adjustment. We were doing fine in the formation that we were in, all of a sudden we were inacapable of getting out of our own half by playing 3 back.

monkey9 wrote: »

It's rarnes....it's always rarnes.

On a thread related note lads coutinho is a little gem.. plays lovely football was ir rodgers that scouted him?

Think so, well he'd a say anyway. Read an article recently quoting Rodgers saying we'd looked at him a couple of times and then the chance came to get him. I can't recall if anybody else was seriously after him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's rarnes....it's always rarnes.

What can I say lads

Liverpool FC home game with Sunderland postponed

Sunderland's FA Cup quarter-final means the Reds must reschedule Anfield game
    Raheem Sterling and Luis Suarez

The Reds' home clash with Sunderland, originally scheduled for 10 March, has been postponed.

It comes after the Black Cats confirmed their involvement in the FA Cup quarter-finals with a 1-0 win over Swansea on Saturday.

A date for the new game at Anfield is yet to be announced.

Liverpool had also hoped to be participating in the FA Cup last eight, but were undone by Arsenal on Sunday.

That 2-1 defeat ensures they will have a weekend off in the second week of March, meaning they may have a fortnight's rest before their trip to Old Trafford on 16 March.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-v-sunderland-postponed-6719177#.UwI-TFyjt_E.twitter

Looooong wait for the Utd game. They'll probably head off to Dubai or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No harm, any light injuries will have that much longer to heal.

*two weeks without a game*

6a00d83453d8b869e2010534ad2c24970c-800wi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

I am kidding of course about Sturridge and the performance was a good one especially away from home and added to being 2-zip down it was great that we still expected!

As for Coutinho, its been an up and down season for him, he has been excellent in the Everton/Arsenal games in particular but yesterday i think he was very hot and cold. He served up a few delightful through balls that should have lead to goals BUT he was also very guilty of giving the ball away alot and thats on top of the 2-3 cross field balls that were intercepted. I'll give credit to Arsenal on that though and to Wenger too - he had Flamini and Arteta watching him like a hawk making life difficult, not helped either by BR who went to a back 3. I love the guy, he is a much valued player but i would ask anyone to go back and watch the game to concentrate on him.

... of course being critical, but i am still not happy Br made that adjustment. We were doing fine in the formation that we were in, all of a sudden we were inacapable of getting out of our own half by playing 3 back.

Yeah that was a strange change of tactics, hauling Sterling back into our own half too, although I suppose he was looking a little jaded after 70 mins. Maybe Bren thought he might overlap and stretch them further.. its one thing i have been impressed by, the intent to use the full width of the pitch offensively in order to space out the oppo's defence, resulting in 1 on 1's all across the front line.

True enough, we can't really complain about fixture pile ups!

mike65 wrote: »

We should try and schedule in a friendly :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Dont United have the second leg of their CL match a few days after we play them in the league.? might help us a bit

mike65 wrote: »

6a00d83453d8b869e2010534ad2c24970c-800wi

Chance to hit Dubai for some warm weather training and some cocktails.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement