Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mike Jones reffing our match against Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

monkey9 wrote: »
    Mike Jones reffing our match against Swansea.

He sounds Welsh.

Its a ruse, I tells ya!

its-an-elaborate-ruse.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Good job Sturridge was crying ... must have been sick he missed our best 3 chances. Very surprised at him.
    Haven't seen it mentioned as a possible reason for him crying at the end, but, as well as losing the game & getting knocked out of the cup, he missed out on breaking Aldo's record of scoring in 8 games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned as a possible reason for him crying at the end, but, as well as losing the game & getting knocked out of the cup, he missed out on breaking Aldo's record of scoring in 8 games in a row.

Aldo, in his newspaper article yesterday, was at pains to point out his record is 9 games in a row. Scored in the last game of the season and the first 8 of the next season!

Could the game be scheduled for March 4th/5th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Could the game be scheduled for March 4th/5th?

International games that mid week

International games that mid week

Ah right, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Something has definitely changed in the mindset here.

A defeat at the weekend and no Monday Meltdown.

Good to see as yesterday could easily have gone the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cup games are no biggie. Lose or even draw against Swansea and you'll sense a different vibe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

murpho999 wrote: »
    Something has definitely changed in the mindset here.

A defeat at the weekend and no Monday Meltdown.

Good to see as yesterday could easily have gone the other way.

Deep down, we all feel the same I think. Nobody is all that pushed about the cup in comparison to the league. If we had taken a hiding yesterday then a lot of people would have given out about it but there was nothing wrong with the performance, if we had a different ref, we would have at least gotten a replay.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Cup games are no biggie. Lose or even draw against Swansea and you'll sense a different vibe.
    Deep down, we all feel the same I think. Nobody is all that pushed about the cup in comparison to the league. If we had taken a hiding yesterday then a lot of people would have given out about it but there was nothing wrong with the performance, if we had a different ref, we would have at least gotten a replay.

Well I would argue that the cup is still quite big and it would be great to challenge for a cup this year but they went down fighting and we're now freed up to focus on the league

For me it's just nice to be good to watch, competitive, and most importantly feared and relevant again.

Also, saw comments earlier about feeling pity for Utd. Feck that, I wallow in their misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We can always play which FIFA 14, Football Manager which £40 million players we can bring into the club and how well they will play out of position for us because we are going to buy them all in the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

We can always play which FIFA 14, Football Manager which £40 million players we can bring into the club and how well they will play out of position for us because we are going to buy them all in the summer.

Vidal for left back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Just need to banish this recurring thought that Spurs are gonna sneak fourth.
    So we may need to get third !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Vidal for left back

I gander in there every once in a while and literally the same transfer wish lists and wacky formations/line ups always pop up, utterly deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

There's no Monday meltdown because we went to Emirates, were the better team and robbed of a stone wall penalty. No shame in that loss, **** happens in sport.

Also we are going to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Kind of glad to be out of the cup tbh, big feckin energy sapping derby match avoided aswell.

Every game is going to be like a cup final now, you saw how hardFulham tried to beat us, it's gonna be so difficult to get fourth, not to mention further ambitions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd like to have won the F.A cup so we can play ourselves in the Charity Shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Spurs are only going after a top four spot because we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I havethat nightmare too, either that or utd win the CL
    3rd would ease my nerves some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got to love it the policeman in was about to say you're nicked son then he remembered he only has a whistle.

RealRespectfulAvians.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

monkey9 wrote: »
    Spurs are only going after a top four spot because we are.

I'm happy for Spurs to finish 4th behind Liverpool - boy I'd laugh if the Gunners were in the Europa League with Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm happy for Spurs to finish 4th behind Liverpool - boy I'd laugh if the Gunners were in the Europa League with Man Utd.

I'd prefer Spuds get in ahead of Chelsea rather than Arsenal. A CL without United and Chelsea would be amazingly satisfying. Never going to happen though.

No chance I'd want Spurs in the CL over Chelsea. Chelsea will always have money. Spurs with CL money = more of our targets stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Grayditch wrote: »
    No chance I'd want Spurs in the CL over Chelsea. Chelsea will always have money. Spurs with CL money = more of our targets stolen.

You're right, but my intense dislike of that club and their tosser of a manager means I'd be much happier with a Pool, Arse, Spuds, City top 4!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Got to love it the policeman in was about to say you're nicked son then he remembered he only has a whistle.

The face on Webb. "What's this, a hand?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Augmerson wrote: »
    The face on Webb. "What's this, a hand?!"

Ha I missed the match so first time I've seen it. A look of just total incredulity, hilarious.

Also I can't believe anyone was calling for a sending off there

Howard Webb really does look like a copper you'd see on those English shows where they follow the police around Newcastle at closing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Grayditch wrote: »
    Howard Webb really does look like a copper you'd see on those English shows where they follow the police around Newcastle at closing time.

sherbertdipuv9.2323.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Morzadec wrote: »
    Also I can't believe anyone was calling for a sending off there

It wouldn't have surprised me really. You can't put your hands on the ref like that, stupid carry on from Sterling.

• Advertisement

Webb could have done a Paul Alcock on it and went down like a sack of spuds! That was a surreal moment.

Di Canio got 11 games for that. Bit mad although it was a proper push but the refs rubber legs made it look way worse than what it was.

For all the criticism of Webb from that match, he was very lenient with Sterling there. Didn't even book him when he could have been sent off.

Rules very clear that you cannot touch a ref. Don't get why people are slagging Webb here over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

A little shout out for Allen. I thought he was v good against Arsenal. In a quick passing game, he is very effective, can play the ball first time very comfortably. I think with some more time in the side, he'll look a little more forward in his passing. But I think he's a good guy to be able to bring in.

With Stevie also excelling in the deeper role, and Coutinho showing the workrate needed to play more central, Lucas will be watching these games and thinking "there goes my starting place".

For all the criticism of Webb from that match, he was very lenient with Sterling there. Didn't even book him when he coiuld have been sent off.

Rules very clear that you cannot touch a ref. Don't get why people are slagging Webb here over it.

He handled that well tbh, called Gerrard over iirc. But yeah Sterling was lucky. Should have been a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

He handled that well tbh, called Gerrard over iirc. But yeah Sterling was lucky. Should have been a yellow.

I wonder what he would have done if it was Suarez??

Dickerty wrote: »
    A little shout out for Allen. I thought he was v good against Arsenal. In a quick passing game, he is very effective, can play the ball first time very comfortably. I think with some more time in the side, he'll look a little more forward in his passing. But I think he's a good guy to be able to bring in.

With Stevie also excelling in the deeper role, and Coutinho showing the workrate needed to play more central, Lucas will be watching these games and thinking "there goes my starting place".

Allen was ok but if he doesn't play the next 12 games I'll not be too upset. Henderson is the better player and is improving all the time.

Decent sub to have though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Allen was ok but if he doesn't play the next 12 games I'll not be too upset. Henderson is the better player and is improving all the time.

Decent sub to have though

The team changed so much when Hendo came on, a lot more urgency about the play.

I like Allen but I think he needs a real good run of games injury free before we can see what hes really made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

For all the criticism of Webb from that match, he was very lenient with Sterling there. Didn't even book him when he coiuld have been sent off.

Kolo should have got a lengthy ban so! :D

Vicxas wrote: »

I like Allen but I think he needs a real good run of games injury free before we can see what hes really made of.

Yeah in fairness to him he's never really had a good run of games for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are people slagging him over that? I thought it was more his general ineptitude. And the outrage from certain quarters in the match thread that he didn't send him off.

• Advertisement

Yeah in fairness to him he's never really had a good run of games for the club

Yep. I think he is a good player and a good option for us. He definitely needs a run of games for fitness and confidence. Dont know if thats going to happen though unless theres an injury.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155566-they-d-work-every-day-if-we-let-them

"But, extrinsically, because of the recovery strategies we give the players, we minimise the risk of burn-out.

LuisSuarez_Stoke_Reuters.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155566-they-d-work-every-day-if-we-let-them

"But, extrinsically, because of the recovery strategies we give the players, we minimise the risk of burn-out.

LuisSuarez_Stoke_Reuters.jpg

Its great to see, the lads seem fired up at all times and dying to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How was it that guy on Reddit put it? Something along the lines of 'Henderson trains like he's the Captain of England in the World Cup Final and they're a goal down'. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How was it that guy on Reddit put it? Something along the lines of 'Henderson trains like he's the Captain of England in the World Cup Final and they're a goal down'. Brilliant.

I must admit I wasn't a fan of Henderson when he came to Liverpool first. Every single quote about him be it from the manager or other players speaks volumes about the lad though. He stayed when he could have left and fought for his place. He's really developing into a very good player and his work rate/attitude is excellent. Absolute workhorse on the pitch, and quite clearly in training too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Vicxas wrote: »

Did we not see what he was made of against spurs alongside Hendo and Lucas. It feels at times like the Arsenal game has wiped the spurs game from people's memory, if anything we were more dominant in that game with a midfield that included Allen. Not saying one performance was better or more effective then the other(both were tonkings) just that we have discovered more then one way to skin a cat this season and I for one find that very encouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

But his silly running style has ruined his career.

Didnt that turn out to be total BS though? Probably true in Hendersons case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »
    Didnt that turn out to be total BS though? Probably true in Hendersons case.

Don't really care how true it was, it certainly fits with how he plays on the pitch is the point. And I just liked how it was phrased! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

On a broader point. Do ye guys think that Rodgers will get money in the summer to stengthen or will it be another case of no money available ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement