Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I am pie wrote: »
    I'd have taken a punt on Ravel Morrison. He has showed some serious ability this year and reputed to have sorta his off field nonsense out. Sounds like Allardyce, the fool, saw him on his way as he wouldn't play ball re: an agent.

Definitely would have proved an interesting option in there alongside henderson, allen and coutinho.

No F*cking way. Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I am pie wrote: »
    I'd have taken a punt on Ravel Morrison. He has showed some serious ability this year and reputed to have sorta his off field nonsense out. Sounds like Allardyce, the fool, saw him on his way as he wouldn't play ball re: an agent.

Definitely would have proved an interesting option in there alongside henderson, allen and coutinho.

Think he's worth a punt myself. Great talent and in his time at West Ham, has kept away from bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Think he's worth a punt myself. Great talent and in his time at West Ham, has kept away from bother

Not sure bringing him back to the north-west close to his old dodgy buddies in Manchester would be wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

I was out on Saturday and when a Liverpool fan asked me about the league without hesitating I said Liverpool will win the league . I have that feeling deep down inside me that LFC can win it . The last time I had such belief in the team winning a trophy was 05 . I said from the last 16 on wards Liverpool would be champions of Europe .

I managed to hold my tongue up until last night. Fellow pool fan said to me they are doing alright. The sleight had to be challenged. ALRIGHT?? They are playing the best football I have ever seen them play (fan since '89), on a par with City as the most exciting team this year and haven't been outclassed in a match since the Emirates back in October. They will win the league I told him!!! Got a bit carried away but I'm there in terms of belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

LiamoSail wrote: »

Meh, he'd be an indulgence. Not what we need. Temperament very questionable too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Not sure bringing him back to the north-west close to his old dodgy buddies in Manchester would be wise.

This is the only reason I wouldn't take a chance on him. As a player, he can be anything he wants but being as far away from Manchester as possible will help him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Yea, that would obviously be a concern. For the money though, I think he'd be worth the risk as, although he's been out of Manchester a while, he has stayed out of trouble recently
    mosstin wrote: »
    Meh, he'd be an indulgence. Not what we need. Temperament very questionable too.

Has it? I know he was in bother as a 17yr old, but since then, I don't know if his temperament has been much of an issue.

Anyway, what the fcuk do I know. I wanted Joey Barton when he left Newcastle

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dependent on fee, length of contract, wages etc... I'd give Morrison a chance.

Not many managers in the UK I'd have any faith in helping the lad, but Rodgers would be one of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Id take Morrsion on a season long loan with the promise of a contract if things benifit both parties.

the guy is a massive talent and I could see someone like Rodgers really calming and nurturing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    I actually read that article earlier and thought it was terrible.

You're terrible Tim! :mad:

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You're terrible Tim! :mad:

I agree!

I'm going to find the guy who wrote it tomorrow and give out to him! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Jaysus... its dead in here...

anyone think we have a chance in the league? should we maybe have strengthened in january?!? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Liverpool make the CL and Napoli do I really hope the two meet in the group stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching the champions league tonight, god its been so long. I want those nights back so badly, id love to see suarez banging em in for us against europes best.

mike65 wrote: »
    If Liverpool make the CL and Napoli do I really hope the two meet in the group stage.

Will be interesting to see if fiorentina can challenge napoli for the 3rd spot. Mario gomez is only just back playing i think, rossi is back before the end of the season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

darced wrote: »
    Some positivity in here today lads,Christ they may hand us the title now :)

I cant get excited about a title challenge at all our run in is brutal in my opinion even if we have most of our big games at home.

We will probably have to beat United,Chelsea,Spurs,and City to win the title,that really doesnt seem possible to me even with how well we are playing.

Playing Liverpool at Anfield is probably one of the most dreaded games for opposing teams right now.

Confident we can beat anyone at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

klose wrote: »
    Watching the champions league tonight, god its been so long. I want those nights back so badly, id love to see suarez banging em in for us against europes best.

All I could think of was "imagine Anfield with Barca playing". I remember the games back in 01/02.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'd love to see Rodgers just unleash the Liverpool front line against Barca with no expectations other than to try to win, be great fun! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

That would be mighty.

I really think Liverpool will get CL this season. This is a massive season. We really do belong in the top 4 this season based on performances. Although there have been bad and frustrating performances at times overall we are playing some beautiful stuff. The good far outweighs the bad.

I think with the CL qualification and of course the money that goes along with it, Rodgers will finally be able to nail down those transfer targets that got away from us previously. This season will be a chance to cement our place back in the top 4 for the next 4 or 5 years, probably at the expense of United. The Moyes appointment has set them back massively, much in the way Souness did at Liverpool. I think they will be rueing his arrival for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Made an offer to Bacary Sagna for the summer according to Dimarzio.

Arsenal will not sell to Liverpool unless its part exchange for youknowwho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

He is/will be a free agent, there is no selling involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

he is out of contract

Oh right, 30 years old and free. I guess we could go with that. Kolo out? or the replacement for Agger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Oh right, 30 years old and free. I guess we could go with that. Kolo out? or the replacement for Agger?

Johnson and/or Kelly I would think.

Hes a rb, although i think hes an emergency cb for em also. Bit of an odd one, we are heavy with rbs at the moment, if its true youd imagine johnson and kelly are goneski in the summer. Still think we should go after montoya, was sitting in the stands again tonight.

Sorry its late, he's a full back :o

Johnson is clearly on a fine line as his contract runs down as is Kelly with his injury record.

Sagna/Wisdom/Flano/McLaughlin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sagna is one of the best rbs in the PL imo. Would be a very good signing on a free and would probably see the end of Johnson at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

cant see the logic in Sagna would be surprised if we went for him. An ageing player looking for one last big payday. Don get me wrong i rate him but losing Johnson and getting Sagna wont push us on. We need to get a younger hungrier full back on both sides that'l be a fixture for years. Payers to build around. No short term fixes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

ManOnFire wrote: »
    cant see the logic in Sagna would be surprised if we went for him. An ageing player looking for one last big payday. Don get me wrong i rate him but losing Johnson and getting Sagna wont push us on. We need to get a younger hungrier full back on both sides that'l be a fixture for years. Payers to build around. No short term fixes

I'm usually against signing older players but hes only 30 so he has a good 2 to 3 years at least left at the top. He's been fantastic this season for Arsenal. My only worry would be injuries and wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sturridge's fashion sense is worse then his dance :D

article-2562243-1B9C46E700000578-684_634x523.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ManOnFire wrote: »

In an ideal world, this is definitely true, but in reality you have to pick your battles.

Fullback is a position where we're quite strong with Johnson and Enrique (when they're not injured). If we can maintain the status quo there, and spend the big bucks elsewhere, that will see the team "push on" as a whole. Young fullbacks who can play at the same level as Johnson and Sagna aren't cheap unfortunately. Putting off the problem for a year or two by swapping Sagna for Johnson, while we consolidate our position with money put into midfield would serve us better imo.

Would rather see McLaughlin get his chance next season than signing Sagna tbh, not that I believe there is anything to this Sagna to Liverpool rumour anyway unless he's happy with a spot on the bench.

Also, I've seen people here and elsewhere say we should offload Toure recently. For me... nah. Low wages and his presence is very good for team morale by all accounts, worth the wages alone given all the comments about him by the manager and other players. Not his fault he's played far more than expected this season. Undoubtedly a fourth choice CB at best for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

A lot of work to be done on the defense. Don't get too attached to any of the current defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sagan has arguably been the best rb in the leaguer his year.

Ideally we would spend a sizeable chunk on a younger player, but Sagna could be a decent option if funds are tight. Depends what happens with Johnson, but Sagna is a top player who I would imagine has another couple of years at the top of his game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lukker- wrote: »

"We're going' straight... to...the Wild, Wild West..."

Lukker- wrote: »

article-2562243-1B9C46E700000578-684_634x523.jpg

Blackie Connors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

K-9 wrote: »
    All I could think of was "imagine Anfield with Barca playing". I remember the games back in 01/02.

And knocking them out when they were holders in 2007 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

i know its unrealistic that everton would sell but i would love it if we just tried to sign coleman. if we could get coleman and shaw for our full back spots next year it would be amazing. then try to get a top class center back like hummels or chellini. a top class name anyway. then we need a strong midfielder who can win possession maybe like pogba basquets or vidal. then we need a winger like lucas moura or draxler and a striker like martinez or even if we signed someone like adeboyour or keane. an experienced striker that could be backup to sturridge and suarez

we have a lot of players who might be sold this summer so we should generate some funding with them. hopefully with champions league football our owners will allow some heavy investment to help us stay where we belong

migs
    coleman----hummels---sakho----shaw
    gerrard
    coutinho
    basquets
    sturridge
    moura
    suarez

jones
    flano
    kelly
    ilori----robbo
    hendo
    alberto
    allen
    ossaidi
    sterling
    keane

thats with the possible departures of agger, skrtel, coates, reina, toure, wisdom, glen, enrique, borini and aspas

dont think that so many will leave if the investment IS NOT there though. we will need a much bigger squad next season so if we dont have more than 20 or 30 million to spend i can see us holding onto nearly everyone. bar the exceptions of reina coates and maybe one or two of the likes of toure agger and skrtel. glen could be going but i think he will sign a new contract if we get champions league. some compromise will be made regarding the wage structure with him. he is still a top right back

^^^^^^^^^
    WHAT THE GOOD FVCK???

Sagna would be an excellent signing however I don't believe it either. He'd have no issue getting a much better contract somewhere else.

That said if we were to sign him on reasonable wages and let go of Johnson it'd be excellent business imo.

A new RB to help the younger players coming up and give them another year before they play consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Morzadec wrote: »

We must sign Sagan. He has been out of this world this season :pac::pac::pac:

I'd have Messi in our 2nd team instead of Assaidi but that's splitting hairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Paulegend wrote: »
    i know its unrealistic that everton would sell but i would love it if we just tried to sign coleman. if we could get coleman and shaw for our full back spots next year it would be amazing. then try to get a top class center back like hummels or chellini. a top class name anyway. then we need a strong midfielder who can win possession maybe like pogba basquets or vidal. then we need a winger like lucas moura or draxler and a striker like martinez or even if we signed someone like adeboyour or keane. an experienced striker that could be backup to sturridge and suarez

we have a lot of players who might be sold this summer so we should generate some funding with them. hopefully with champions league football our owners will allow some heavy investment to help us stay where we belong

migs
    gerrard
    coutinho
    basquets
    sturridge
    moura
    suarez

jones
    flano
    kelly
    ilori----robbo
    hendo
    alberto
    allen
    ossaidi
    sterling
    keane

thats with the possible departures of agger, skrtel, coates, reina, toure, wisdom, glen, enrique, borini and aspas

dont think that so many will leave if the investment IS NOT there though. we will need a much bigger squad next season so if we dont have more than 20 or 30 million to spend i can see us holding onto nearly everyone. bar the exceptions of reina coates and maybe one or two of the likes of toure agger and skrtel. glen could be going but i think he will sign a new contract if we get champions league. some compromise will be made regarding the wage structure with him. he is still a top right back

Maybe I missed the budget meeting - Hummels, Shaw, Basquets (sic), Maura, Keane??? What the hell? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Paulegend wrote: »

migs
    gerrard
    coutinho
    basquets
    sturridge
    moura
    suarez

jones
    flano
    kelly
    ilori----robbo
    hendo
    alberto
    allen
    ossaidi
    sterling
    keane

I think this answers who Bangkok is. :D

Also took me a second to realise flannokellyillori wasn't some Eastern European player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Morzadec wrote: »

Ideally we would spend a sizeable chunk on a younger player, but Sagna could be a decent option if funds are tight. Depends what happens with Johnson, but Sagna is a top player who I would imagine has another couple of years at the top of his game

Coleman's been the best right back in the league ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So it wasn't rarnes in the United thread the other day. It was Paulegend.

All makes sense now.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement