Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paulegend wrote: »
    i know its unrealistic that everton would sell but i would love it if we just tried to sign coleman. if we could get coleman and shaw for our full back spots next year it would be amazing. then try to get a top class center back like hummels or chellini. a top class name anyway. then we need a strong midfielder who can win possession maybe like pogba basquets or vidal. then we need a winger like lucas moura or draxler and a striker like martinez or even if we signed someone like adeboyour or keane. an experienced striker that could be backup to sturridge and suarez

we have a lot of players who might be sold this summer so we should generate some funding with them. hopefully with champions league football our owners will allow some heavy investment to help us stay where we belong

migs
    coleman----hummels---sakho----shaw
    gerrard
    coutinho
    basquets
    sturridge
    moura
    suarez

jones
    flano
    kelly
    ilori----robbo
    hendo
    alberto
    allen
    ossaidi
    sterling
    keane

thats with the possible departures of agger, skrtel, coates, reina, toure, wisdom, glen, enrique, borini and aspas

dont think that so many will leave if the investment IS NOT there though. we will need a much bigger squad next season so if we dont have more than 20 or 30 million to spend i can see us holding onto nearly everyone. bar the exceptions of reina coates and maybe one or two of the likes of toure agger and skrtel. glen could be going but i think he will sign a new contract if we get champions league. some compromise will be made regarding the wage structure with him. he is still a top right back

Even Football Manager would tell you to fuck off if you tried to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    So it wasn't rarnes in the United thread the other day. It was Paulegend.

All makes sense now.

:pac:

Yep Paulelegend is another rarnes account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

tok9 wrote: »
    Sagna would be an excellent signing however I don't believe it either. He'd have no issue getting a much better contract somewhere else.

That said if we were to sign him on reasonable wages and let go of Johnson it'd be excellent business imo.

A new RB to help the younger players coming up and give them another year before they play consistently.

I agree. Not sure Wisdom has the attacking ability to be first choice for a CL team (please God), but will definatley have a part to play. McLoughlin still need more proving at a higher level than U21. And Kelly looks as though he might NEVER fulfill his promise -I see him going the way of John O'Shea.

I think we need to invest in two players of experience for next season, but not over 30 unless it's too good to turn down. We want players with CL experience beyond the group stage. We have enough youth that we are building from within, cannot keep buying players for tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Dickerty wrote: »
    Maybe I missed the budget meeting - Hummels, Shaw, Basquets (sic), Maura, Keane??? What the hell? :confused::confused:

how much will we generate through player sales though. im sure we would cover most of it. probably not get moura but the others are getable. barca look like they are screwed cash wise. they would have sold cesc to united last season if cesc would go there. they sold thiago to bayern. hell theyve been doing it for years. look at toure to city. i think we could get basquets from barca. maybe we could get him in exchange for reina. we could get a few million aswell.

shaw we could just offer them glen

hummels would be expensive but if we offered them agger we could get him

moura would be class so i think aspas going the other way or maybe alberto on loan or something.

keane would be cheap

summer sorted

Even Football Manager would tell you to fuck off if you tried to do that.

and why is that now? because i didnt go after sagna??

yea the signings are so unrealistic aswell. every player i mentioned has been linked with moves away from their respective clubs within the last couple of years.

as p;remiership champions and champions league contenders i dont see why we shouldnt be aiming for these type of players instead of feckin sagna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

how much will we generate through player sales though. im sure we would cover most of it. probably not get moura but the others are getable. barca look like they are screwed cash wise. they would have sold cesc to united last season if cesc would go there. they sold thiago to bayern. hell theyve been doing it for years. look at toure to city. i think we could get basquets from barca. maybe we could get him in exchange for reina. we could get a few million aswell.

moura would be class so i think aspas going the other way or maybe alberto on loan or something.

keane would be cheap

summer sorted

Ah right, sorry - all makes sense now! :D

Dickerty wrote: »
    Ah right, sorry - all makes sense now! :D

im just saying that united are aiming that high and they are finishing bottom half of the table so why cant we aim :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

With Enrique coming back, would it be a good idea to keep Flanno over on the far wing for good?

Because fcuk Johnson....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

im just saying that united are aiming that high and they are finishing bottom half of the table so why cant we aim :rolleyes:

Have you a clue how transfers work?
    Glen Johnson wouldn't "just go" to Southampton.

And Robbie Keane?? I'll need that one explained

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Seriously I think we have targets in mind and a set budget Hummels + Shaw alone would blow that away and thats including player sales.

Suggesting a swap for Reina and busquets, honestly if you think we could get Busquets for £5m wouldn't we have done it in the last window, or last summer?? (notwithstanding his £150m buyout clause)
    Not a hope, Shaw will be in a bidding war in the summer (if the rumours are correct it will be £20-25+ as astarting price) and is almost nailed on to be at Chelsea. Even offering Johnson on his inflated wages, Southampton wouldn't want him
    Again...Hummels will be in the £25+ bracket and would most likely be a target for Bayern , Borussia would be looking for cash not a player deal (they rarely happen to be honest)
    Offering Alberto/Aspas on loan to PSG ..oookay :rolleyes:
    keane would be cheap
    Keane is not up to PL challenge and is not the type of player we want or need. Too old, too slow and wouldn't fit in with the type of play we are going with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

O1zDJ.gif

Have you a clue how transfers work?
    Glen Johnson wouldn't "just go" to Southampton.

And Robbie Keane?? I'll need that one explained

course he would. they are paying ridiculous wages over at southampton these days. if he isnt willing to stay at liverpool for reasonable wages im sure southampton will offer him a better deal

whats wrong with robbie?? he scores goals and he is an experienced striker. he would be cheap, on not so high wages and would be a great backup striker. he didnt work out the last time but with different tactics and a new manager things could be different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

course he would. they are paying ridiculous wages over at southampton these days.

No they are not...they have a very set way of doing business there, everything is done within their means. Plus FA PL rules for next season would see Johnson's wage ALONE bust the £4m cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Football Manager syndrome going on BIG time here! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Busquets is 'gettable' with Reina and some cash from Barcelona... :D

Tops it all off then by playing him in front of Gerrard. :pac:

Oh lord, I haven't laughed like that in a while. The standard of posting in this forum has nosedived over the last couple of years though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hiya Ian.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Seriously I think we have targets in mind and a set budget Hummels + Shaw alone would blow that away and thats including player sales.

id say with the sales of agger and skrtel we could get about 30 million easily. thats just both of them. im sure we will have another 30 or 40 on top of that to play with
    Suggesting a swap for Reina and busquets, honestly if you think we could get Busquets for £5m wouldn't we have done it in the last window, or last summer?? (notwithstanding his £150m buyout clause)

sergio wouldnt have come here last year with lack of champions league

buyout clauses mean nothing. how often do players leave for their buyout clause??

IF basquets does leave if will be around the 10 million mark and reina could fetch about 15 from barca so im sure we would get cash and player
    Not a hope, Shaw will be in a bidding war in the summer (if the rumours are correct it will be £20-25+ as astarting price) and is almost nailed on to be at Chelsea. Even offering Johnson on his inflated wages, Southampton wouldn't want him

there will be 4 clubs that shaw will consider and they will be the top 4. to be fair he wont be going to united. glen is a top class right back and im sure southampton would love to have him. wouldnt want him? course they would
    Again...Hummels will be in the £25+ bracket and would most likely be a target for Bayern , Borussia would be looking for cash not a player deal (they rarely happen to be honest)

agger was looked at by both bayern and pep when he was at barca. i think agger could be a player they would consider. hummels isnt as much of a ball player but is a top class defender. not sure if bayern will be after him unless they consider getting rid of badstuber. pep likes to have at least one of his center backs that can pass the ball.

borussia will need a top class defender to replace hummels so maybe we could get him for 20-25 or maybe skrtel might bring that fee down
    Offering Alberto/Aspas on loan to PSG ..oookay :rolleyes:

aspas and alberto are very good players who just havent settled yet. im sure psg would be honoured to give them first team football
    Keane is not up to PL challenge and is not the type of player we want or need. Too old, too slow and wouldn't fit in with the type of play we are going with

keane is the best striker at international level in the uk isles. im sure he can make the step down to the premier league. as a back up im sure he could make a contribution. he knows where the net is and other pacey players like sterling and sturridge and ossaidi will take the pace pressure off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I like Keane as much as anybody but even I have to admit he is too slow for our setup.

He'd have to play very deep and we have Coutinho and Gerrard for that.

A well-regarded sub for CC games is all he would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Paulegend.......are you winding us all up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We should definitely sign Robbie Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Grayditch wrote: »
    We should definitely sign Robbie Keane.

Why hasn't anyone thought of that before??

and why is that now? because i didnt go after sagna??

yea the signings are so unrealistic aswell. every player i mentioned has been linked with moves away from their respective clubs within the last couple of years.

as p;remiership champions and champions league contenders i dont see why we shouldnt be aiming for these type of players instead of feckin sagna

Was in a rush so didn't quite mean my post to be so harsh, so apologies on that one.

I do think its ridiculously unrealistic, however.

noodler wrote: »
    Paulegend.......are you winding us all up?

:D nah just pointing out how ridiculous some people are with these quick fix ideas. was in the fecking pub last night listening to some united fan raving on about how they are signing cesc and ronaldo in the summer. apparently they are going to spend up to 200 million on players this summer. its just ridiculous that people spout this crap. its not as easy as fecking saying lets just sign players x y and z. its not like the liverpool transfer committee are on boards trying to get some sort of intelligent feedback on which players might be available. its like yer man that was in the united thread the other day talking about these kind of transfers. apparently if they sell rvp they will get 30 million:rolleyes:

Was in a rush so didn't quite mean my post to be so harsh, so apologies on that one.

I do think its ridiculously unrealistic, however.

yea i know its unrealistic. it was a bit more tongue in cheek than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why hasn't anyone thought of that before??

Boyhood dream lads, Boyhood dream.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Boyhood dream lads, Boyhood dream.

i cant wait to see his interview from his boyhood bedroom again:D

I was trying to think of another Keane when I saw the name. Was thinking, there's no way that's Robbie :pac:

I was trying to think of another Keane when I saw the name. Was thinking, there's no way that's Robbie :pac:

we could always go for will keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Am i the only on who has never rated Sagna, think he offers little going forward, and whose pace allows him to get out of numerous defensive errors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Paul do you have the cheat codes for the league?

Infinite Money and so forth...( I know City are in possession of this also).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sergio 'Hanging' Basquets in a swap for reina

dear me

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Paul do you have the cheat codes for the league?

Infinite Money and so forth...( I know City are in possession of this also).

i think the one for fergie time is "pay webb"
    infinite money (but not able to spend it) is "wenger"
    make your team the most hated is "jose"
    infinite money is "sell to the arabs who make up companies to pretend to be sponsors"

unfortunately i dont think our team is compatible for any of those:D

retalivity wrote: »
    Sergio 'Hanging' Basquets in a swap for reina

dear me

plus cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barca have Ter Stegen lined up for the summer don't they?

Dunno why I'm, even engaging in this - Broken Biscuits is one of the last players on the planet I'd want at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

cson wrote: »
    Yer man is on my ignore list so I only saw one of the posts that Knex quoted but Busquets is 'gettable' with Reina and some cash from Barcelona... :D

Tops it all off then by playing him in front of Gerrard. :pac:

Oh lord, I haven't laughed like that in a while. The standard of posting in this forum has nosedived over the last couple of years though. :(

Just mind your business and go start the Liverpool/Swansea match thread.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

we could always go for will keane

I honestly thought that was who you were referring to initially. I had to look up if he's been scoring goals for fun in the lower league to make him a top prospect now since I'd last heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

plus cash

You'll have to be more obvious than just saying your transfers were tongue in cheek.. Few of the leads in here aren't getting it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ciro Immobile. That's the type of striker we should be looking at. Not ****ing Robbie Keane.

mike65 wrote: »

Dunno why I'm, even engaging in this - Broken Biscuits is one of the last players on the planet I'd want at Liverpool.

yea by the sounds of it ter stegen could be heading to barca. which leaves to question the future of pepe. a part of me would love to see him come back here and give migs a proper bit of competition. make them both up their game.

all the piss take aside id love to have basquets here. will never happen in a billion years but the guy is strong in midfield. can break up play and can actually pass the ball. he is a lot like de rossi in his early days. he would be a great signing. but will never happen. if it did he would be going for around 40+ million and we donthave that kind of cash

Gokei wrote: »
    You'll have to be more obvious than just saying your transfers were tongue in cheek.. Few of the leads in here aren't getting it..

:D i thought id have to say it with big colorful writing but i wouldnt want to give the impression that im trolling as oppose to pointing out how ridiculous some of the talk can be in here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

:D i thought id have to say it with big colorful writing but i wouldnt want to give the impression that im trolling as oppose to pointing out how ridiculous some of the talk can be in here

Who has mentioned a ridiculous signing in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

mike65 wrote: »

You serious? One of the best midfielders in the world!

We'd never get him though!

Paullegend, you can't actually be serious with some of these suggestions?!

You would turn up your nose at the likes of Sagna, a quality right-back, and then suggest Robbie Keane as a striker? The best striker in the Britisj Isles? He's better than Rooney, Sturridge? 'Make the step down' from knocking in penalties against the Faroes to playing against top defenders in the twilight of his career?

Aspas and Alberto at PSG? Did you see them last night? You do realise they are arguably in the top 5 teams in Europe at the moment, a big club with quality players.

They probably wouldn't even get on the bench!

Absurd stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Ciro Immobile. That's the type of striker we should be looking at. Not ****ing Robbie Keane.

Wouldn't say no to Cerci either. Very good direct winger who'd suit us down to the ground. Scores goals too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He has said aleardy he was only taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Trying to back on your previous mental posts eh? :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fowler87 wrote: »

Linked with Dortmund.

Who has mentioned a ridiculous signing in here?

talking more about our neighbours from way below down stairs really. you know the ones living in number 7 ;)

joe123 wrote: »
    Trying to back on your previous mental posts eh? :D

lol deny deny deny

nah man ive always said on here that there is no point even talking about transfers because its not like we have a say in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ITV4 are showing Dipno v Spurs at 6 pm tomorrow and the return leg next week so we'll have 180 mins to watch Konoplyanka

The FA Youth Cup quarter final against Watford is tonight, its not live due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions but will be on later I presume.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Am i the only on who has never rated Sagna, think he offers little going forward, and whose pace allows him to get out of numerous defensive errors?

I thought he was very good in his first season, but tailed off big time since. Fairly sure I've seen Arsenal fans complain about his general form this season.

edit - all I see is caugh****ingoffside and the Daily Star yapping on about Sagna to Liverpool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement