Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Linked with Dortmund.

Great name for a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I thought he was very good in his first season, but tailed off big time since. Fairly sure I've seen Arsenal fans complain about his general form this season.

His form this season has been very good this and last season in general, a poor performance against Liverpool aside!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

shano_88 wrote: »
    His form this season has been very good this and last season in general, a poor performance against Liverpool aside!

Ah, okay then. Was sure there were a few people in your thread complaining about him throughout the season though and that a new RB was needed (I've seen Jung from Frankfurt being linked numerous times this season with ye guys) because Jeninkson wasn't a good replacement as a starting RB.

What wages is Sagna on do you know? Given Rodgers style and the need for attacking full backs to get the best out of it, it's difficult to see us signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to Cerci either. Very good direct winger who'd suit us down to the ground. Scores goals too.

Another option for a type of club you would think we could realistically get players from. Immobile has alot more about him IMO and hell of alot more goals in him. Similar to Suarez in style

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ah, okay then. Was sure there were a few people in your thread complaining about him throughout the season though and that a new RB was needed (I've seen Jung from Frankfurt being linked numerous times this season with ye guys) because Jeninkson wasn't a good replacement as a starting RB.

What wages is Sagna on do you know? Given Rodgers style and the need for attacking full backs to get the best out of it, it's difficult to see us signing him.

I think I read recently thats hes on ~60k a week and It doesnt look like hes going to sign a new contract unfortunately.

I cant see him ending up at Liverpool either fwiw. Probably PSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hard to keep up with games all over the shop at the moment

LOAN WATCH

Suso - full game and yellow card in away defeat
    Ilori - full game with assist for the goal in 1-0 win
    McLaughlin - 46 mins back from injury in 2-0 away defeat
    Wisdom - full game and assist for winning goal in 0-1 away game
    Borini - full game in 1-0 FA Cup win
    Assaidi - 35 mins as sub in 1-1 draw to Swansea
    Robinson - 12 mins then subbed due to knock in 0-0 draw.
    Coady - 91 mins and opening goal in 3-1 FA Cup win
    Adorján - 62 mins in 1-0 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

mike65 wrote: »

LOAN WATCH

We have some very talented players out on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Paulegend wrote: »
    lol deny deny deny

nah man ive always said on here that there is no point even talking about transfers because its not like we have a say in them

As opposed to all the other topics we discuss here that the LFC staff regularly consult us on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Milkers wrote: »
    As opposed to all the other topics we discuss here that the LFC staff regularly consult us on.

ah come on now there is a big difference between saying "i think we are playing great suff this season and i hope we sort out our defence and our away form" rather than say "i hope we sign snoogy doogy" or that brendan should play gerrard further up the pitch.

discussing the team and suggesting things about the team are two very different things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What FSG should do, really, is buy Bacrelona. All they need to do is bribe off a few 100,000 fans.

More than a Club? Now they're two Clubs. They'll love it.

Then we can bring Messi, Iniesta, and co over to Liverpool and send the likes of Suso, Alberto and even Reina on loan to them.

Its so simple, its genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »

LOAN WATCH

He also got the man of the match award for that game. His pass that led to the goal was a peach, but the way the forward took the ball down was a thing of beauty.

Mostar should have a bid of Ilori's involvement in that game up on youtube now for those who want to see the assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

What's Assaidi's story? I don't like to watch too much of Stoke tbh. I thought he was playing a well but doesn't seem to be playing much anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

hefferboi wrote: »
    What's Assaidi's story? I don't like to watch too much of Stoke tbh. I thought he was playing a well but doesn't seem to be playing much anymore?

Odemwingie.

I guess, Hughes prefers to start the Player that his Club owns. Even if Assaidi, did good job for them before.

If I were the Stokes Manager, I would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Odemwingie.

I guess, Hughes prefers to start the Player that his Club owns. Even if Assaidi, did good job for them before.

If I were the Stokes Manager, I would do the same.

Yes and no... if loanee is playing better than those in his position then loanee starts, its a results driven game.

If Moses was putting in better performances than Sterling, for example, I'd be starting Moses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Has Suso's form tapered off? Not been watching Almeria at all. Seemed to have a good start, not sure recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

No thanks on a move for busquets . If Liverpool where doing a swap deal Pedro would be the player I would be going after .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

ah come on now there is a big difference between saying "i think we are playing great suff this season and i hope we sort out our defence and our away form" rather than say "i hope we sign snoogy doogy" or that brendan should play gerrard further up the pitch.

discussing the team and suggesting things about the team are two very different things

Give it a few months, Chelsea will sign Snoogy Doogy after he does a medical at Spurs.

he really has stepped up lately after a quiet start top the season. i think he still needs to add a few goals to his game but he has the potential to be a future player of the year. hopefully he gets to go to brazil in the summer. he looks like he'll miss out but it would be great to see him in the brazil side at the world cup

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I thought he was very good in his first season, but tailed off big time since. Fairly sure I've seen Arsenal fans complain about his general form this season.
    Where?

The general feeling amongst Arsenal fans IMO re: Sagna is that we're very eager for him to stay, but expect someone to offer him a substantial pay bump and whoever we sign to replace him won't be as good. He's played as well this season as he ever has for us.

• Advertisement

Where?

The general feeling amongst Arsenal fans IMO re: Sagna is that we're very eager for him to stay, but expect someone to offer him a substantial pay bump and whoever we sign to replace him won't be as good. He's played as well this season as he ever has for us.

Match threads and super thread. Perhaps they were isolated incidents I was reading too much into. As I said before, I stood to be corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Match threads and super thread. Perhaps they were isolated incidents I was reading too much into. As I said before, I stood to be corrected.

He's had the odd poor game, like Liverpool away (who didn't?). Model of consistency otherwise. You can't have him though, and I'll lock him in my basement for the summer if you talk about contracts :pac:
    No thanks on a move for busquets . If Liverpool where doing a swap deal Pedro would be the player I would be going after .

When Liverpool are crying out for a defensive midfielder, I'm not entirely sure why you wouldn't want the best in the business.

He's had the odd poor game, like Liverpool away (who didn't?). Model of consistency otherwise. You can't have him though, and I'll lock him in my basement for the summer if you talk about contracts :pac:

When Liverpool are crying out for a defensive midfielder, I'm not entirely sure why you wouldn't want the best in the business.

i wouldnt be overly delighted with sagna to be honest. not sure he is any better than johnson in defence and glen is much better going forward. unless his wages where way lower than glens i just dont see the point

as for basquets. we aint linked with him at all. but i cant bnelieve anyone in their right minds would turn their nose at one of the best defensive mids in europe when we are badly in need of one. its just plain crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

as for basquets. we aint linked with him at all. but i cant bnelieve anyone in their right minds would turn their nose at one of the best defensive mids in europe when we are badly in need of one. its just plain crazy

Thinking you can get the best defensive midfielder in Europe for £10m (Jack Rodwell was 15...) is also "just plain crazy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Lukker- wrote: »
    Sturridge's fashion sense is worse then his dance :D

article-2562243-1B9C46E700000578-684_634x523.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

its just plain crazy

Says the guy who wrote the following :rolleyes:
    i know its unrealistic that everton would sell but i would love it if we just tried to sign coleman. if we could get coleman and shaw for our full back spots next year it would be amazing. then try to get a top class center back like hummels or chellini. a top class name anyway. then we need a strong midfielder who can win possession maybe like pogba basquets or vidal. then we need a winger like lucas moura or draxler and a striker like martinez or even if we signed someone like adeboyour or keane. an experienced striker that could be backup to sturridge and suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    reminds me of my malcolm x phase. :o:o

Rarnes is playing a blinder in the United thread again.

Thinking you can get the best defensive midfielder in Europe for £10m (Jack Rodwell was 15...) is also "just plain crazy".

of course he isnt going to cost 10 million. as i said he will likely cost 40+ if he was even available and willing to come here
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Says the guy who wrote the following :rolleyes:

really should have a facepalm icon on here

saying that you wouldnt have basqueats here is completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder

With the drop in price of Rakitic's release clause you can only think that he is being positioned to be sold in the summer.

Any fans of Rakitic in here? Would he be worth a 7 million bid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

brevity wrote: »

Yup.

Definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rarnes is playing a blinder in the United thread again.

I am looking forward to doing a combined Liverpool/United team in the next match thread.

Mignolet

---Johnson---Skrtel---Cissokho---Sakho---

Gerrard
    Henderson

Coutinho

----Suarez
    Sturridge
    Sterling----

Can be rounded off with a nice 'the table doesn't lie.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Thats it so. Rakitic, M'Villa and Konoplanka in the summer.

That would be some pretty solid business if we got those three, can't see why anyone would have a problem if they lined up in the matchday squad on 1st day of 2014/2015

Milkers wrote: »

I dunno, there was a certain ITK who used to be around these parts who seemed to have the inside track in Anfield.

Dunno where they're gone though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Maybe we should look in South America.

Or perhaps Thailand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the two full back could easily swap clubs this summer gj and bs

Has anyone seen the tags in the United thread? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Tags don't show for me anymore, actually. Where do I turn them on, or have they been moved from bottom of page like they used to?

There was?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Tags have been gone for me for a while too

They don't show on the new site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That and keeping hold of all our players would be a very good start to the transfer window.

Got to build squad depth this summer.

Knex. wrote: »
    Tags don't show for me anymore, actually. Where do I turn them on, or have they been moved from bottom of page like they used to?

Here you go:

Tags:europa league glory, in complete collapse, moyes the chosen one, nothing else mata's

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Here you go:

Tags:europa league glory, in complete collapse, moyes the chosen one, nothing else mata's

First one is wishful thinking. :pac:

Surprised they have been left tbh.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    First one is wishful thinking. :pac:

Surprised they have been left tbh.

Sure, no one can see them.

(apart from me, it seems).

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Sure, no one can see them.

(apart from me, it seems).

And me ;)

Augmerson wrote: »
    And me ;)

Ahhhh old school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Where?

Any time I've seen Arsenal play this season, minus the Anfield thrashing, Sagna has been superb.

People here are severely under rating him. His delivery is top notch, gets up and down quickly, comfortable on the ball, solid in defence and part of one of the best defenses in the league.

On current form he'd be a significant upgrade on what we have had in this position this season (a largely out of form johnson and an up and coming Flanagan).

A free transfer for Sagna could potentially be a great piece of business, and allow us to free up funds elsewhere. I'm not sure I understand why most on here are turning their noses up at the possibility.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement