Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has Enrique enough games for a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Turtyturd wrote: »

No just 7 games so far think you need 10 minimum (Moses has 14!! :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suso wants to stay at Almeria! :eek: (for another season)

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/20/tt-liverpools-spanish-u21-star-wants-to-remain-in-la-liga-beyond/?
    Suso’s contract at Liverpool expires in the summer of 2015, a situation that Brendan Rodgers will surely rectify over the next couple of months. The attacking midfielder however has expressed his desire to remain in La Liga on-loan for at least one more season, saying:

“I only have one season left at Liverpool. If I renew, I think it would be a good option for me to continue at Almeria for another year, I would like to do that.”

“What happens from now on doesn’t depend on me.”

If Liverpool are in Europe (whichever comp) I really want to see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

With 3 games to go we should have the title wrapped up so we can wheel him out for the last 5 minutes of each game so he gets a medal.

I just wanna see his celebration when we pick up the trophy.

He will probably strip down to his jocks and bring his brother onto the pitch and have a 15 minute Greco-Roman wrestling match in the centre circle.

The absolute lunatic.

o-ENRIQUE-570.jpg?6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

K-9 wrote: »
    It seems agreeing with ref decision last night makes people anti-Arsenal! Some sensitive souls about.

Mod Post : That's the third or fourth time I have seen a similar comment about Arsenal supporters in this thread.

It is coming very close to being regarded as baiting and from here on in will be carded as such. There is an Arsenal thread available if anyone genuinely wishes to discuss Arsenal's game last night.

I don't want us to win the league jjust so he doesn't get one. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I would be more anxious getting Suso to renew (which is no way a certainty) than where he is loaned next season.

I hope the rumours he is stalling are bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/20/tt-liverpools-spanish-u21-star-wants-to-remain-in-la-liga-beyond/?

Did he not renew his contract this time last year? Surprised it was such a small extension if true.

Bit of a head scratcher for the club next season. Wisdom/suso/alberto/teixeira will all be the age where they need first team football but im not sure if we can offer it constantly for the season assuming we further strengthen in the summer. Then again id expect a few players to be sold so maybe that will free up some space.

With 3 games to go we should have the title wrapped up so we can wheel him out for the last 5 minutes of each game so he gets a medal.

I just wanna see his celebration when we pick up the trophy.

He will probably strip down to his jocks and bring his brother onto the pitch and have a 15 minute Greco-Roman wrestling match in the centre circle.

The absolute lunatic.

o-ENRIQUE-570.jpg?6

Either that or he will spin around in circles with the trophy on his head while other players try to take it off him.

If he doesn't make enough games someone should make a case to the FA asking if he can make up the numbers on FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Transfermarkt says Suso's contract expires 30.06.2015

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He'll probably amputate his right leg in the centre circle, we all know he doesnt use it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I would be more anxious getting Suso to renew (which is no way a certainty) than where he is loaned next season.

I hope the rumours he is stalling are bull.

Havent heard anything along them lines, but if they're true it might hinge on CL football.

Christ I hope we get it this year. Cant deal with another year of my UTD mates putting up facebook posts with Stevie G sitting on the couch on a wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Suso's right, Mike. He definitely needs another Season with Almeria.

Suso still has alot to Improve on his Game, before he can even be a Regular for us.

Besides, if we do keep him, where would he play? Winger? We're probably better off with Ibe/Assaidi/Borini for that.

Suso is still very much Suspect as a Midfielder, so I doubt he'll get Playtime there. He'll either be the next Alberto or sitting next to him.

He's better off staying with Almeria, and hopefully gets to play in the Midfield there Next Season.

klose wrote: »
    Did he not renew his contract this time last year? Surprised it was such a small extension if true.

Bit of a head scratcher for the club next season. Wisdom/suso/alberto/teixeira will all be the age where they need first team football but im not sure if we can offer it constantly for the season assuming we further strengthen in the summer. Then again id expect a few players to be sold so maybe that will free up some space.

If Derby go up as now looks increasingly likely I'd keep Wisdom on loan until January, he'll learn plenty more defending against Prem sides with a promoted side.

Alberto will go on loan if Suso comes back I think, Teix will go on loan I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Suso still has alot to Improve on his Game, before he can even be a Regular for us.

Besides, if we do keep him, where would he play? Winger? We're probably better off with Ibe/Assaidi/Borini for that.

Suso is still very much Suspect as a Midfielder, so I doubt he'll get Playtime there. He'll either be the next Alberto or sitting next to him.

He's better off staying with Almeria, and hopefully gets to play in the Midfield there Next Season.

I don't think Almeria is the perfect club for him. Would rather see him in a team with more go-forward ball. Plus, he is 20 now, he should be pushing for his place with us, not looking for another loan. I am sure he enjoys being back home, but he is our player and we would like him back, please...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If we have the League wrapped up with 3 games to go, we can just send him onto the field on crutches for the remaining games. Just so he gets his medal.

If Derby go up as now looks increasingly likely I'd keep Wisdom on loan until January, he'll learn plenty more defending against Prem sides with a promoted side.

Alberto will go on loan if Suso comes back I think, Teix will go on loan I'd say.

I think a lot of thinking is needed for FBs this summer. Do we lose Johnson and let OTHER the 3 English RBs fight is out? Do we keep Cissokho as back up, and hope Enrique can recover to his best form? What about Robinson?
    And where to McLaughlin and Smith fit in??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In regards of Suso, I reckon one of the bigger teams in La Liga will be taking a punt on trying to sign him given that he has been one of the standouts this year.
    But if we have European football next year, we would benefit from having him back for quality and stretching out the squad.

Surely he could get a better club than Almeria?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

He'd have to be loaned to a club with a higher status than Almeria for sure. Sevilla would be perfect... with Rakatic coming this way :P

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Surely he could get a better club than Almeria?

Sure.

But the problem with that is Playing Time. That's virtually guaranteed with Almeria, while uncertain with a Better Club.

For a Developing Player like Suso, guaranteed Playing Time is better.

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think a lot of thinking is needed for FBs this summer. Do we lose Johnson and let OTHER the 3 English RBs fight is out? Do we keep Cissokho as back up, and hope Enrique can recover to his best form? What about Robinson?
    And where to McLaughlin and Smith fit in??

Decisions! Decisions!:)

If we only knew for sure what is going to happen with Johnson, if he goes then you'd have to suppose a new man will come in (Sagna?) for a season or two with a home grown FB being 'blended in' over the second season - be it Wisdom or McLaughlin (I'm assuming Kelly is as good as gone and that Flanno is likely to be a squad player)

On the left same thing really - Enrique's future feels like its up in the air, is Robinson ready to stake a claim? Will Cissokho do enough to convince Rodgers? Dunno. Brad Smith could be a star LB but he also needs a loan really.

Its a pity its not late 2015/16 they'd all be ready to rumble.

Sure.

But the problem with that is Playing Time. That's virtually guaranteed with Almeria, while uncertain with a Better Club.

But surely to be any use to us he should be able to get playing time at a decent club by now.

Its a pity its not late 2015/16 they'd all be ready to rumble.

But then we will have complaining about how we miss Stevie, and wondering how much Kroos will cost to buy from United after their relegation...

:D

Sure.

I wonder would he be good enough for a team like Southampton.

Their high pressing style is pretty similar to our own.

But surely to be any use to us he should be able to get playing time at a decent club by now.

He can be of use, like an Alberto-kind of use. Like I said, he's better off with another Loan.

Suso has played all his Senior Games, as a Winger. Unfortunately, we have much better. So we don't really need him there.

Could we use him in Midfield? Sure, but I wouldn't play Suso there yet. Suso has alot to learn before I'd trust him there.

His Off-the-Ball Work Ethic is bad and his Defensive Positional-sense in Non-Existent.

FYI, Suso currently has 8 Yellow Cards in 22 Games. And that as a Winger. Now Imagine him as a Midfielder. :o

Link to an interview Suso did over Christmas when Rodgers brought him back for a chat -

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/151841-suso-why-i-was-back-at-melwood

As a loan player, what does it mean to you to know Liverpool are keeping an eye on your form and welfare over in Spain?

I wanted to go on loan because I wanted to play, but I also wanted to show the boss and everyone that I can play in this team and play for Liverpool. I know it is one of the biggest clubs in the world and I want to play here; for me, the most important thing is playing in THIS team. The option was to go on loan, prove I can play in this team, and prove that I can get minutes. It's really important.

Sounds to me like his focus is still on proving he is worth of a place in our side. Having him, Sterling, Coutinho and even Teixeira that can all play that side-attacking or playmaker role will be needed in a fuller calendar next season. I would have Teix on loan as we had Suso this season, so I want Suso back. Don't want to be like Chelsea with loanees everywhere indefinately.

Someone wondered about Assaidi
    Winger ruled out of action after suffering a knee injury in training
    MARK HUGHES has confirmed that on-loan Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi is facing a spell on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury during the recent warm weather training camp in Dubai.

The City boss refused to divulge the full prognosis of the Moroccan international’s set-back, but did reveal that he will be absent for at least a number of weeks.

Speaking to Stoke City Player on Thursday morning, Hughes said: “Unfortunately we have lost Oussama Assaidi to a knee injury which is disappointing.

Read more at http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/assaidi-absent-1371393.aspx?#9pUGd5xkeR8i7w1o.99

Link to an interview Suso did over Christmas when Rodgers brought him back for a chat -

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/151841-suso-why-i-was-back-at-melwood

As a loan player, what does it mean to you to know Liverpool are keeping an eye on your form and welfare over in Spain?

I wanted to go on loan because I wanted to play, but I also wanted to show the boss and everyone that I can play in this team and play for Liverpool. I know it is one of the biggest clubs in the world and I want to play here; for me, the most important thing is playing in THIS team. The option was to go on loan, prove I can play in this team, and prove that I can get minutes. It's really important.

Sounds to me like his focus is still on proving he is worth of a place in our side. Having him, Sterling, Coutinho and even Teixeira that can all play that side-attacking or playmaker role will be needed in a fuller calendar next season. I would have Teix on loan as we had Suso this season, so I want Suso back. Don't want to be like Chelsea with loanees everywhere indefinately.

Well I'm the Opposite.

I'd rather have our Young Players on Loan and Improving, instead of languishing in the Bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In regards of Suso, I reckon one of the bigger teams in La Liga will be taking a punt on trying to sign him given that he has been one of the standouts this year.
    But if we have European football next year, we would benefit from having him back for quality and stretching out the squad.

This or a Premiership club on loan would be ideal.

Personally I think he is good enough to play a part for us.

• Advertisement

Well I'm the Opposite.

I'd rather have our Young Players on Loan and Improving, instead of languishing in the Bench.

Would agree. If it was a choice between maybe 10 run outs from the bench with us along with the odd start or getting 20+ first team starts at another club, then the latter makes far more sense if we want a young player to gain experience and develop.

Fair enough keep Suso at Liverpool if the plan is to play him on a regaulr basis, but if regular play was not the plan, then loan him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I think Suso is/will be class. I wouldn't get too caught up in his exact position, when Arsenal played some of their best football earlier in the season they had Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla starting.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would agree. If it was a choice between maybe 10 run outs from the bench with us along with the odd start or getting 20+ first team starts at another club, then the latter makes far more sense if we want a young player to gain experience and develop.

Fair enough keep Suso at Liverpool if the plan is to play him on a regaulr basis, but if regular play was not the plan, then loan him out.

But at what point to we decide he eitehyr makes the grade or not? Plus we don't know where we will be with injuries or how we'll progress in the cups? I would rather have him as a backup and occasional starter, than rely on players like Assaidi, Moses or even less experienced players like Teix and Ibe. Suso has a season in and out of our side last year, and a full season in Liga 1, so we should be able to make a call by this summer, no?

billy2012 wrote: »
    This or a Premiership club on loan would be ideal.

Personally I think he is good enough to play a part for us.

It would be great to get him on loan in the Premiership, but for him to progress and to play similar style of football to us, the number of teams would be very limited. Championship wouldnt really be an option as there is still alot of long ball and crossing in the league.

My concern of another loan in La Liga would be that when he came back, he would have the skill and experience, but would need to work on the physical and defensive side of the game.

So ideally, coming back to us as a squad player would be the best option.....given that we woud be involved in enough football to get him games.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Derby is a great shout as a potential destination for our loanees if they get promoted.

But at what point to we decide he eitehyr makes the grade or not? Plus we don't know where we will be with injuries or how we'll progress in the cups? I would rather have him as a backup and occasional starter, than rely on players like Assaidi, Moses or even less experienced players like Teix and Ibe. Suso has a season in and out of our side last year, and a full season in Liga 1, so we should be able to make a call by this summer, no?

That's up to the manager.

If Rodgers finishes pre season in the summer and decides that Suso is ready to be used on a regular basis in the first team, then keeping Suso makes sense.

But if Rodgers is thinking that Suso might be useful cover now and again, and does not intend to use the player on a regular basis, then a loan makes sense.

The ifs and buts with regrads to injuries don't come into it as nobody can predict them. Well maybe save for Lucas and his injuries at this stage.

Suso needs game minutes on a weekly basis or very close to that. The odd start or sub appearance every few weeks or once a month are pretty worthless to Suso at this point.

If I was the manager, and I was not intending to use Suso on a regular basis, then I would be trying to send him to an English club next season either for a seaon long loan or a half season loan. A club like Derby would be my choice, and I would be trying to get some relationship between my club and Derby so that they could be getting Suso/Wisdom level players each season.

Would also love to see similar links made with a Spanish club and a Dutch club. Something like what Chelsea have now with Vitesse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Derby is a great shout as a potential destination for our loanees if they get promoted.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Wisdom go back there and another player - potentially Ibe/Suso - Derby seem very much aware of the talent our Academy has coming through.

Kess73 wrote: »
    That's up to the manager.

Would also love to see similar links made with a Spanish club and a Dutch club. Something like what Chelsea have now with Vitesse.

I hear you, would like to think that our youths will provide the emergency and cup cover as need with the likes of Ibe, Rossiter, Wilson, Smith, even Sinclair all capable of showing up (assume Teix and McLaughlin on loan).
    In fact, I think Ibe might go out as well, but I suspect Rossiter might be a one the keep close to home and bring straight through, he's that good...

How about Porto? And we get a 10% discount on all future purchases!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Wouldn't be suprised to see Wisdom go back there and another player - potentially Ibe/Suso - Derby seem very much aware of the talent our Academy has coming through.

credit me please!, cheers :):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think alot of us on here think Derby is a good club to send players on loan to.

But mainly I want players to go on loan there because Steve McClaren is a very good coach and our young players can learn a lot from him as well as getting game time.

I hear you, would like to think that our youths will provide the emergency and cup cover as need with the likes of Ibe, Rossiter, Wilson, Smith, even Sinclair all capable of showing up (assume Teix and McLaughlin on loan).
    In fact, I think Ibe might go out as well, but I suspect Rossiter might be a one the keep close to home and bring straight through, he's that good...

How about Porto? And we get a 10% discount on all future purchases!

Porto generally don't loan in a lot of top young talent, they just go out and buy them instead.

Hell of a successful club when it comes to spotting and buying in young players and then moving them on for a massive profit.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Porto don't do loans, nor sign players from Spain. Benfica or Sporting would be the opposite. Both have a long history of signing Spanish players.

I think alot of us on here think Derby is a good club to send players on loan to.

But mainly I want players to go on loan there because Steve McClaren is a very good coach and our young players can learn a lot from him as well as getting game time.

Yep. Exactly the reason I would want our young players going there. People can say what they like about the guy as a manager, but as a coach he is very good, especially with young player.

By all accounts he is quite progressive with training methods and the like as well.

He can be of use, like an Alberto-kind of use. Like I said, he's better off with another Loan.

Suso has played all his Senior Games, as a Winger. Unfortunately, we have much better. So we don't really need him there.

Could we use him in Midfield? Sure, but I wouldn't play Suso there yet. Suso has alot to learn before I'd trust him there.

His Off-the-Ball Work Ethic is bad and his Defensive Positional-sense in Non-Existent.

FYI, Suso currently has 8 Yellow Cards in 22 Games. And that as a Winger. Now Imagine him as a Midfielder. :o

Yeah he is a right little card magnet alright. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Suso would have to be ahead of Alberto in the pecking order, suppose it depends on transfers during the Summer but we don't have a hell of a lot of cover there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

K-9 wrote: »
    Suso would have to be ahead of Alberto in the pecking order, suppose it depends on transfers during the Summer but we don't have a hell of a lot of cover there.

you kidding?? we have coutinho suso alberto and then tex playing that attacking center role. i think that area of the pitch is fine. even allen and hendo can play there if need be and gerrard was born for the role. its probably the one position we dont need to get cover for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paulegend wrote: »
    you kidding?? we have coutinho suso alberto and then tex playing that attacking center role. i think that area of the pitch is fine. even allen and hendo can play there if need be and gerrard was born for the role. its probably the one position we dont need to get cover for.

They have maybe 5 full first team matches in a Liverpool jersey between them. I would call that a lack of cover for a starting position to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Suso is the only one with decent experience, Alberto hasn't had much experience lately and Tex has just got his first sub appearance in the PL, the last 2 probably need loans. It's very doubtful Gerrard will ever play in that position again no matter how many fans want it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

They have maybe 5 full first team matches in a Liverpool jersey between them. I would call that a lack of cover for a starting position to be honest.

well as far as im concerned suso will be like a new player coming to us. in terms of his "run" here never really got going. so he will be new to the team in a way. so he is an unknown factor. he has looked like he has a lot of potential though. (no reason why suso cant be backup to coutinho next season. coming on from the bench with 10 or so minutes to go and starting in the cup games)

alberto has looked decent and i think its fair that he can be mentioned as a backup player. (should be playing back up to suso in the cup games. perhaps they could both be slotted in for some games)

tex is young. unfair to think of him as someone who can fill a void but at his age next season he should be expected to play in at least up to 10 games (probably from the bench)

aspas could also play there.

we aint going to spend more than 10 million on that position in the summer considering we have options. besides center defence on paper our attacking center mid is our strongest position.

we need a wide player and to sort out the full backs. possibly a center back depending on who leaves. then we need a defensive type mid. i think they will be the areas we focus on this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looking forward to seeing how Ibe develops. I know many who follow the youth set-up closely feel he can be even better than Sterling. Although that was before Sterling made such dramatic progress over the past 6 months.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement