Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liam O wrote: »
    Patience would have been rewarded, like it has been with Rodgers and I hope it will be with Moyes.

I just dont agree with you. Rodgers adapted, Hodgson didn't. Moyes has to, it remains to be seen if he can/is willing to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Milkers wrote: »
    Most of those Rodger's quotes are from his early days at Liverpool when he was clearly trying too hard to "sound the part" which often backfired. He seems more relaxed now. Also a good few of them are only 3/4 out of 10 on the cringe scale.

I love the fact you bothered to address Brendan's Brentism's, as if anyone cares what comes out their gob as long as their team is winning. You didn't see Manu fans defending the indefensible garbage that their previous manager spouted, and similar with Chelski fans this year. BR is doing ok, and he likes embellishing his stories, let him at it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Where do you think Suarez would be playing if Roy had stayed in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Where do you think Suarez would be playing if Roy had stayed in charge?

at Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can we talk about something more cheerful? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Wasn't Rodgers saying this stuff when Liverpool were in United's current position? I can deal with one bad season, I realise that I've been somewhat spoiled as a United fan but I have faith that it will come good again soon, Moyes or no Moyes. I'd prefer him to get the time rather than hastily sack him like Liverpool did with Hodgson and plummet into a much deeper mess. So far Moyes has signed Fellaini and Mata, Hodgson was about to bring in Suarez for Liverpool who would have turned it around, and going on that, probably would have brought in better players than Carroll and Downing given the same money as Kenny. But you want to know the kicker? As much as you all seem to want it to be, it's not in anyway similar to Moyes at United and the constant comparisons are getting a bit stupid.

Agreed. Thankfully one of the major differences is that Moyes will be given more time to eviscerate any shred of invincibility remaining at that faltering empire. Another is that Moyes can pronounce his "r"s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I think your reasoning of what makes a good or bad season is flawed. I'd maintain that to be seventh with everton doesn't necessarily represent a bad season. To be seventh with United certainly does.

Moyes has consistently punched above his weight with everton. I his net spend per season there was only three or four million, I don't think there's a single club that survived in the league with less during that period, let alone made the top six, seven or eight in what nine or ten of his 11 years there

Moyes, this season, has United punching well below their weight. An equivelant performance at Everton would probably see them fighting relegation. In his career, he has never before now had his side performing so much below their potential. To say that this represents an average season for Moyes is just false IMO, and disregards a large number of relevant factors

Regarding his appointment at United, while it easy say now he's not the man for the job, I think he deserved it.

If an excellent performance as manager of a club 6/7 positions further down the league isn't adequate experience to qualify a manager for a bigger job, then what is? This isn't Spain or Italy, managers tend not to move from one top 4 club to another, so united were never going to appoint a manager from another top English club.

For any manager to get a shot at a top club, someone has had to take a chance somewhere along the line and promote. Was Mourinho qualified for the Porto job? Wenger for the Arsenal job? Pep for the Barca job? Does a top 4 manager always have to come from abroad?

While it doesn't look like Moyes is working out and there are others probably better qualified for the job, obviously Mourinho being the stand out candidate, to suggest Moyes wasn't deserving, after the excellent job he did at everton for so long, is nonsense IMO. He's worked his way up and earned his chance. Its only right that the top jobs in England are open to those who have proved themselves in the league from the bottom up

Alan Curbishly significantly punched above their weight with Charlton with having no money to spend some years. They dropped like a stone without him but Everton are not doing too badly (currently) without Moyes.

mike65 wrote: »

Hodgson not at Liverpool and Moyes at United isn't cheerful enough for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The Hodgson and Moyes situations are very similar.

Both are good managers, but massively overrated by some fans and the media. Both are imo the type of manager who will hit a ceiling of success because they aren't brave enough to have their teams be anything other than organised.
    That kind of approach will excel at mid-level clubs and get a lot out of mediocre players. But at bigger clubs with better players, it's not going to achieve the results needed. Managers like Rodgers and Martinez, on the other hand, looked to me like their styles would transfer well to better players and bigger clubs. So far, so it's proved.

Also, Moyes and Hodgson both crumbled remarkably quickly under the pressure. Moyes comments yesterday were absolutely pathetic, he should be embarrassed.

What did Moyes say yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mike65 wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtHDyEi7bkUTtua-fFtC0nqMYVXjfbuS-7acY_XZPVvYjkPVSdSw

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Alan Curbishly significantly punched above their weight with Charlton with having no money to spend some years. They dropped like a stone without him but Everton are not doing too badly (currently) without Moyes.

We'll see what happens there when all the loan players go home and the aging defense has to be replaced by Martinez who I'm a big fan of and have been for some time but can't spot a defender to save his life.

Moyes turned Everton from a team on a downward spiral that would have ended them in the championship to a perennial top 7 team by the end with little money to spend. This time next season if he gets through the summer I think and hope a lot of people will be eating their words. It's not what he says to the droolers in the papers that concerns me as it's meaningless, but what is happening behind closed doors. He's stuck now with some aging players who aren't upto the standard. He deserves a chance to replace them in the Summer and all the noises indicate he'll get it so enjoy it while it lasts because next season United will be back whether it's with Moyes there or without him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Back to Liverpool
    Whats the latest on the injuries? just wondering what defensive line up we are likely to see tommorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Back to Liverpool
    Whats the latest on the injuries? just wondering what defensive line up we are likely to see tommorow

Sakho still not fit. Agger and Skrts CB. Johnson probably on the bench.

Dont know whats the story with enrique :(

Back to Liverpool

Johnson back, Agger back, Sakho next week, Enrique out for the season by the looks of it. I;d say Flanno will start with Johnson on as a sub if it makes sense. Agger will surely start and get done by Bony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Back to Liverpool

Sakho apparently back next week and lucas a bit further off, hes training on his own at the moment. Enrique is probably done for the season, his injury is a bizzare one he had surgery apparently on the last international break and it looks like it made things worse.

Other than that we are fully fit, id expect the back line to the same as arsenal tomorrow, im hoping johnson dosent come straight back in tbh. Hopefully with ibe on loan we continue with putting teixeira on the bench and not putting an extra defender there or something like that.

We'll see what happens there when all the loan players go home and the aging defense has to be replaced by Martinez who I'm a big fan of and have been for some time but can't spot a defender to save his life.

Moyes turned Everton from a team on a downward spiral that would have ended them in the championship to a perennial top 7 team by the end with little money to spend. This time next season if he gets through the summer I think and hope a lot of people will be eating their words. It's not what he says to the droolers in the papers that concerns me as it's meaningless, but what is happening behind closed doors. He's stuck now with some aging players who aren't upto the standard. He deserves a chance to replace them in the Summer and all the noises indicate he'll get it so enjoy it while it lasts because next season United will be back whether it's with Moyes there or without him.

Moyes utilized the loan system at Everton as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

joe123 wrote: »
    Sakho still not fit. Agger and Skrts CB. Johnson probably on the bench.

Dont know whats the story with enrique :(

A broken joystick. Needs to be rebooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I think Kenny was actually the person scouting him

If I'm right Rafa was the first manager to show an interest in him and sent Kenny to have a look at him.

Hodgson was just a limited manager, all right that squad lacked investment under H&G but the style of football didn't suit that squad of players, at least under Kenny it was better than the turgid crap we had to watch, hell opposition fans on here felt sorry for us watching it, and that tells a hell of a lot.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully fabio can bang in a couple v arsenal today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Yea, Martinez is doing a great job so far alright, much of that is in part die to both the solid foundations left by Moyes, and having a prolific goal scorer

A big test for Martinz will be when he has to replace Distin and Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mada999 wrote: »
    wow my band just got featured on Anfield wrap, nice :) :pac: 3pts Sunday please :)

You can't say that without giving us a link to your material.

Link me!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

klose wrote: »
    Hopefully fabio can bang in a couple v arsenal today :D

Poyet better start him.

Knex. wrote: »

Link me!

Its in his signature - I had a listen, not bad indy stylings.

What are we hoping for in the early kick off?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The heavens to open and God to appear and tell Jose he isn't the special one and a draw to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Everton playing well, wouldnt mind them taking all 3 pts - but I feel dirty saying that, I'd take a draw.

They aged incredibly quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Hoping for an Everton win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

My fears are betraying me today.

Should be wanting Chelsea to drop maximum points, but I still fear Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

They aged incredibly quickly...
    'Twas all that Fergie time added up, it seems...

If maths is right and it rarely is, if it remains a draw we can come second with no one else doing us a favour.

There I said it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Watching Chelsea all over Everton and I'm Shouting for Everton. I'm totally delusional. Kop on we can't win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »

Link me!

no worries lad,

http://soundcloud.com/iammammal/i-am-mammal-never-have-enough

www.facebook.com/Iammammal

oh god we're in this what a save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

mada999 wrote: »

what position do you play in the band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My god if Everton and Chelsea draw and we win tomorrow. We'll be 2 points behind them :/

Been tipping Chelsea for a while but suddenly I think if our guys believe *tears up* we have a chance

This is going very well for us.

• Advertisement

tumblr_me0s4pOgwC1rrc78e.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Torres really is a shadow of the man he was at liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Vicxas wrote: »
    My god if Everton and Chelsea draw and we win tomorrow. We'll be 2 points behind them :/
    Not going to happen Torres is on

niallo27 wrote: »
    Torres really is a shadow of the man he was at liverpool.

It's actually sad to see. I can never remember a player falling from such a height to what he is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It's actually sad to see. I can never remember a player falling from such a height to what he is now.

Berbatov maybe?

His was more of a fizzle. But yeah Torres was an explosion of mediocrity

Berbatov maybe?

Berbatov can still turn it on when he wants.

Torres just took a shot and it went at least 10 yards wide. I really can't ever see him playing for a champions league team again after this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Berbatov maybe?

Berbatov just couldn't give a **** though. He choose to be ****e. Torres is really trying out there.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Yea, Martinez is doing a great job so far alright, much of that is in part die to both the solid foundations left by Moyes, and having a prolific goal scorer

A big test for Martinz will be when he has to replace Distin and Lukaku

What about Curbishley? He did as much, if not more, at Charlton than Moyes did at Everton but Curbishley would not be seen as good enough for Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Barkley is having a shocker

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

HOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement