Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sky are showing the other two games, not ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yeah, I have to slum it watching a link this week, any good links via PM are appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not great results this weekend but probably expected given the fixtures. Makes it a long way back for Everton right enough. Just have to do our part tomorrow and win.

We need to underbid for Griezmann in the summer to complete the Ade Trifecta Wing Forward Wishlist.

Elsewhere, Suso starts for Almeria vs Malaga in 10 minutes time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Always see great Griezmann reports pop up on my twitter feed every time he plays. Been heavily liked to Chelsea but a 7million bid should sort that right out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So next year will be your year? :o

Doesn't really have the effect after 6 months as 24 odd years though :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Liam O wrote: »
    Doesn't really have the effect after 6 months as 24 odd years though :p.

Oh I know but I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

We should be beating Swansea at Anfield whatever the results elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Which used to be exactly when things went tits up for us.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

For some reason I thought we were away tomorrow. I just got much more confident of getting 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A Suarez hat-trick would be nice but once we get the 3 points I'll be happy.

brevity wrote: »
    A Suarez hat-trick would be nice but once we get the 3 points I'll be happy.

1-0 with a deflection off Cissokhos face will do me. It's all about 3 points from now until May, performances don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Suso has been Replaced in just 56 Minutes of Playing.

Been Ineffective in the last couple of Games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Hopefully get the win tomorrow, as next week Southampton away is certainly one of the tougher fixtures for me.

A scrappy win will do, but would be nice for Luis to get back on the score sheet too.

Suso has been Replaced in just 56 Minutes of Playing.

Been Ineffective in the last couple of Games.

Do goals look likely? I backed under 2.5 and im considering cashing out.

• Advertisement

Do goals look likely? I backed under 2.5 and im considering cashing out.

Probably not.

A Goal happening in a Game between Clubs like Malaga and Almeria, is simply down to a Fortuitous Moment.

There's a reason why Almeria and Malaga are in 16th and 17th Place respectively with Negative GD in La Liga.

Your call, but I don't want you to Blame me. :p

It ended in a Draw, so I hope you Won your Bet, Vinz.

I think Almeria's happy with the Draw. They won 3 Free Kicks in very good areas in the Closing Minutes, but they just kept their Defenders at the Back, instead of using them for their Setpieces.

It ended in a Draw, so I hope you Won your Bet, Vinz.

I think Almeria's happy with the Draw. They won 3 Free Kicks in very good areas in the Closing Minutes, but they just kept their Defenders at the Back, instead of using them for their Setpieces.

I did indeed, I got a stream on my phone and watched the last 10 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

mosstin wrote: »
    Which used to be exactly when things went tits up for us.

We need to be able to win when the pressure is on to get anywhere. This is the business end of the season. Winning ugly, scoring a jammy deflected goal, whatever.

1-0 with a deflection off Cissokhos face will do me. It's all about 3 points from now until May, performances don't matter.

Yeah I'll be happy if we play the most boring football of all time in the next 12 games but manage to win what we need to achieve our aim.

All about the points now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah I'll be happy if we play the most boring football of all time in the next 12 games but manage to win what we need to achieve our aim.

All about the points now.

The champions elect don't do boring.

4-1 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We need to be able to win when the pressure is on to get anywhere. This is the business end of the season. Winning ugly, scoring a jammy deflected goal, whatever.

So many fans miss this point. Games on paper look easily called but this end of the season is so different look how many teams falter when we get to this point.

Going out to win games when the pressure is in to do so makes it 10 times harder

Tottenham will step up their bid to sign Yevhen Konoplyanka after Thursday’s Europa League return leg against the Ukraine star’s club, Dnipro.

The Londoners are determined to beat Liverpool to the signing of the pacy left winger and are confident they can get their man this summer.

Konoplyanka’s proposed January deadline-day move to Anfield collapsed at the 11th hour over a late hike in the transfer fee and agents’ commission – and it is felt that Liverpool may have trouble reviving the deal.

But Spurs directors will reaffirm their own interest in the player to Dnipro officials, and believe they can tempt Konoplyanka to White Hart Lane.

However, they may have to pay in excess of the £15million that was initially agreed between Dnipro and Liverpool.

The 24-year-old played a starring role in Dnipro’s 1-0 first-leg victory over Tim Sherwood’s men on Thursday – and Tottenham had tried to sign him both last summer, and then again last month.

Chairman Daniel Levy knows a left winger is a priority with Nacer Chadli having struggled to establish himself this season, and being lined up for a summer move away.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-tottenham-confident-liverpool-target-3172643#ixzz2u65GEJ5s
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I'd imagine Spurs signing top players will depend on them qualifying for the CL.

I'd imagine Spurs signing top players will depend on them qualifying for the CL.

Whoever gets CL will get him. If they still want him by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We should try for Messi and Ronnie and Zlatan just to see if Levy would bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The same as us really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Bloody Spurs.

It really is beyond a joke how they coincidentally target the same players as us

Everton want Joe Allen, We always think of Allen as a Rodgers player but he started with Martinez. Could be a chance to get Coleman in a swap deal.

Mirror

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

We got to keep up with the pace setters and get 3 points today.

as mentioned every game needs to be a cup final mentality, but I ultimately think the lack of activity and strengthening in Jan will cost us in the end.

• Advertisement

Everton want Joe Allen, We always think of Allen as a Rodgers player but he started with Martinez. Could be a chance to get Coleman in a swap deal.

Mirror

How often do you see swap deals? Rarely happens.

How often do you see swap deals? Rarely happens.

Everton don't have money so even Allen and a Million or two. Coleman would be in the £10-£15 million bracket.

Can't see it happening anyway it must be 15 years since the last jump across the park Barmby was the last player I remember coming from Everton and it must be 20 years since Ablett went from us to them.

Everton don't have money so even Allen and a Million or two. Coleman would be in the £10-£15 million bracket.

Can't see it happening anyway it must be 15 years since the last jump across the park Barmby was the last player I remember coming from Everton and it must be 20 years since Ablett went from us to them.

Everton don't have money so I reckon they would be looking for more than £10-£15 million tbh. Can't see it happening either tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Agueroooo wrote: »
    We got to keep up with the pace setters and get 3 points today.

as mentioned every game needs to be a cup final mentality, but I ultimately think the lack of activity and strengthening in Jan will cost us in the end.

To counter that is the lack of European and domestic cup competition. It's an old cliché , but. you really can concentrate on the league.

Despite saying only last week that I hated match threads I've just started my first to see how it goes.

If it all goes tits up don't blame me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154856

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

greendom wrote: »
    To counter that is the lack of European and domestic cup competition. It's an old cliché , but. you really can concentrate on the league.

No excuses then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

There are no excuses really, Johnson/Agger coming back, most the squad are fit. We have competition for places in most positions - IF we can keep it that way with no Euro game the players can easily cope with 1 game a week. Winning mentallity - we keep bringing home 3 points nobody will be complaining they need a rest.

Gotta take 3 points today from this home game, end of story, lets hope we are up for it cos watching Swansea against Everton last week they were well up for that game and gave Everton a good fright in opening 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

@Realaldo474: I believe today's team will be,mignolet Flanagan skirtyl Agger Johnson LB SteG Henderson countinho sterling Suarez sturridge.

Aldo is usually correct, not delighted with johnson coming straight back in but hopefully he has a good game and offers a bit of width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Despite saying only last week that I hated match threads I've just started my first to see how it goes.

If it all goes tits up don't blame me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154856

If we lose today i will fully and completely blame you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We were linked with danny ings burnley in january. They also have a great right back kieran trippier think he has something like 14 assists so far this season and looks the real deal anytime Ive seen him. If johnson is going in the summer I think he could be worth a punt a few PL teams have been linked to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I was kind of hoping Johnson would have to work to get he place back. He wasn't exactly pulling up trees before he's injury. And cissokho has done alright lately.

That's if Aldo's team is correct.

NukaCola wrote: »
    If we lose today i will fully and completely blame you :P

I'll do it myself man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Liam O wrote: »
    Hodgson was given no money in his first window.

Guts of £20 mil on konchesky poulsen & meireles.

Joe Coles huge contract.

Cost of hiring Hodgson and his coaches

Cost of firing Rafa and his coaches.

Apart from meireles, Looking at £40 odd million wasted that Summer.

That's a kick to the nads for Flanno.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

According to that tweet Johnson is playing LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

I'm sure Rodgers will pull him aside and explain it to him. If Johnson is fully fit and ready then I think it's the right decision to make the change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

tok9 wrote: »
    According to that tweet Johnson is playing LB

Ah so Johnson in for Ciss? Will wait to see the lineup confirmed anyway.

Looking forward to see what Johnson can offer, he's been a mixed bag but I read that he was saying he feels better than he has done in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

from BBC
    Birmingham boss Lee Clark:

On loan signing Jordon Ibe from Liverpool: "Not bad is he? Not bad. Power, pace.

"We've done unbelievable to get him, I've got to thank (Liverpool manager) Brendan Rodgers. I've pestered him to get him.

"There were so many other clubs in for him.

"So hopefully this reputation I've got where I can do not-too-bad things with these big clubs' young players is helping us get the edge over some of my rivals, in terms of trying to help them on in their development.

"I'm so excited by him."

mike65 wrote: »
    from BBC

Was lee Clarke in charge when Nathan Redmond was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was lee Clarke in charge when Nathan Redmond was there?

McLeish, then Hughton then Clarke for a season or so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement