Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The league table doesn't lie ! We are in 4th and 4 points off Chelsea because LFC have earned 4th this season .

I thought it was because everyone else is poor when they play Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Stargate wrote: »
    Things went our way today , 3 points was massive , can we just do one thing ?
    Please sent Victor Moses home . His effort today was abysmal !!

Oh come off of it. Moses was at least seen on the pitch for the time he was on it. We couldn't keep the ball for longer than 5 seconds and the nerves really got to us. Take off the tinted glasses, in reality Coutinho was annonomous for the entire second half! Not knocking him but the game passed him by - yet we conveniently forget it cos we won. Allen did really well when he came on which was great to see.

... not saying i'd keep Moses myself but just wouldn't pick him out of a bad lot today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Oh come off of it. Moses was at least seen on the pitch for the time he was on it. We couldn't keep the ball for longer than 5 seconds and the nerves really got to us. Take off the tinted glasses, in reality Coutinho was annonomous for the entire second half! Not knocking him but the game passed him by - yet we conveniently forget it cos we won. Allen did really well when he came on which was great to see.

... not saying i'd keep Moses myself but just wouldn't pick him out of a bad lot today.

Not talking just about today ...get rid he is brutal .

Moses could not give a ****.......anytime i've seen him play.
    To think, Nuri Sahins loan was cut short while Moses is still knocking around hurts my head. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

I can understand why people are so anxious to see Sakho back, but hasn't he looked just as dodgy as Skrtel/Agger/Toure so far this season?

They're all decent players on paper, maybe it's coaching problem.

Indeed ... we've not had a settled back 4 though and with Glen living on past glories we are not firing on all cylinders at all. Amazing we are where we are, just shows how amazing we are in attack!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

K-9 wrote: »
    Closer to top than 4th, white coats would have been needed if I thought that at the start of the season.

We need 20/33 points to finish on 76 which is effectively 77 for us, we can fall below our target of 2 ppg, which given the next 3 away games is good.

Spurs need 27/33!

United need 11 wins!

76 points is not 77 for us if another team is on 77....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Granada playing on sky sports aaaaaaaaaaaand ilori isint even in the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

K-9 wrote: »
    Closer to top than 4th, white coats would have been needed if I thought that at the start of the season.

We need 20/33 points to finish on 76 which is effectively 77 for us, we can fall below our target of 2 ppg, which given the next 3 away games is good.

Spurs need 27/33!

United need 11 wins!

I tend to look at it as 76.5 points rather than 77.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

NukaCola wrote: »
    To think, Nuri Sahins loan was cut short while Moses is still knocking around hurts my head. Useless.

Different scenarios, sahin wanted to play and dortmund wanted him so we we were happy to let it go ahead, madrid too obviously. Chelsea dont want moses back and he strikes me as not arsed with not playing either, so 2 out of the 3 parties involved are happy with is as it is.

NukaCola wrote: »

Lacking desire and committment is one thing, not having any sort of form and being out of sorts is another ... the guy must be doing something right if BR who sees him everyday in training and was going to put him on at 3-3 today - no?

Don't get me wrong, i am no Moses fan and on his performances i'd not offer him anything fulltime. I'd love to hear Br's real views on the lad. Just saying that today alone, he wasn't involved for alot of the game, comes on, only thing i can remember him doing was a decent challenge on the wing that he came out the better. Don't think the lad is quality enough for us and it seems a step too far, just like with Chelsea. Weather he gives an actual fook or not ... well, thats for another day.

- Again, not sticking up for Moses! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

spockety wrote: »
    76 points is not 77 for us if another team is on 77....

76 and 99/100th's! I think we all know what people mean.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Spurs Supporters Forum providing the entertainment tonight if anyone's bored :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

klose wrote: »
    Granada playing on sky sports aaaaaaaaaaaand ilori isint even in the squad

He's injured according to twitterati.

I wonder how valued he's by the club as talk that Granada want to sign him permanently. I believe he has been very impressive in the couple of games he has played.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/9178766/

Opr

• Advertisement

Certainly sounds like it :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

darced wrote: »

Think it's just a case of not being pumped up for some of the games against smaller teams. Against Spurs, Everton, Arsenal recently we have been unbelievable. Even against City away, we played very well. There's no doubt, when were doing our thing, we can beat anyone in the league, especially at home.

Personally I don't think the defense has been that bad overall, today was just a wild open game. A bit of stability at the back would of course help everyone. I definitely wouldn't be rushing to put Lucas back in the team but will be glad when he is back and available, he does have his uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

billy2012 wrote: »
    Think it's just a case of not being pumped up for some of the games against smaller teams. Against Spurs, Everton, Arsenal recently we have been unbelievable. Even against City away, we played very well. There's no doubt, when were doing our thing, we can beat anyone in the league, especially at home.

Personally I don't think the defense has been that bad overall, today was just a wild open game. A bit of stability at the back would of course help everyone. I definitely wouldn't be rushing to put Lucas back in the team but will be glad when he is back and available, he does have his uses.

I can tell you now that Lucas wouldn't have given Jonjo the same room Gerrard did today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Lacking desire and committment is one thing, not having any sort of form and being out of sorts is another ... the guy must be doing something right if BR who sees him everyday in training and was going to put him on at 3-3 today - no?

Don't get me wrong, i am no Moses fan and on his performances i'd not offer him anything fulltime. I'd love to hear Br's real views on the lad. Just saying that today alone, he wasn't involved for alot of the game, comes on, only thing i can remember him doing was a decent challenge on the wing that he came out the better. Don't think the lad is quality enough for us and it seems a step too far, just like with Chelsea. Weather he gives an actual fook or not ... well, thats for another day.

Well i think that's the point i Was trying to make Demosthenese .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

We're closer to first (4 points) than Spurs are to fourth (6 points)

End of February with 11 games left, Thats just fúckin' beautiful lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I can tell you now that Lucas wouldn't have given Jonjo the same room Gerrard did today.

Agree with that. Not to many will get in behind Lucas either.

Let's face it Shelvey is an average enough player too.

Stargate wrote: »
    Well i think that's the point i Was trying to make Demosthenese .

No worries man, just saying it wasn't based on today he was OK, but i am sure we can find a better alternative to e a first team starter on what we'd sign him for. That said i have a sneaky horrible feeling that BR still thinks he can get more from him. that was alot of trust he showed bringing him on at 3-3 ... See Moses when Hendo scored the 4th? LOL, he knew he was sitting down again for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

opr wrote: »
    He's injured according to twitterati.

I wonder how valued he's by the club as talk that Granada want to sign him permanently. I believe he has been very impressive in the couple of games he has played.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/9178766/

Opr

It could be a case they see a great player and hope to take advantage of the fact he is getting game time .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Keeping the good mood going...

1925061_612744832133335_2085355818_n.png

Would love to see some stats on goals conceded due to individual errors or from set pieces..

We are on bloody song offensively though. It's ****ing insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have a feeling The Europa Cup will now become a real trophy to win in one part of Manchester and not a Mickey Mouse Cup as it has been called from that part of Manchester for the last 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Agree with that. Not to many will get in behind Lucas either.

Let's face it Shelvey is an average enough player too.

He is and has zero pace whatsoever which makes Gerrards performance worse.

We're playing a dangerous game trying to outscore teams and Southampton will punish us big time if we try to do the same next weekend. I will gladly take a point right now from the next game.

Southampton have won 1 from their last 7 league games at home.

He is and has zero pace whatsoever which makes Gerrards performance worse.

We're playing a dangerous game trying to outscore teams and Southampton will punish us big time if we try to do the same next weekend. I will gladly take a point right now from the next game.

It ain't all Gerrard's fault!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Guys, Is there a link for highlights of the game?

Bare in mind Hendo more or less plays further forward and marauds forward, Coutinho is an attacking player, same with Sterling/suarez/Sturidge ... that leaves Stevie G with a hell of a lot of defending to do!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I think there was a thread at the start of the season about possibl top scorers. I suggested Sturridge could do very well. Kew Tours laughed me out of it. Should have made a bet with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Bare in mind Hendo more or less plays further forward and marauds forward, Coutinho is an attacking player, same with Sterling/suarez/Sturidge ... that leaves Stevie G with a hell of a lot of defending to do!

Coutinho did nothing to help, this was the main problem IMO. Allen helped alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have been saying it for awhile now, but the further forward Henderson plays the better he is. Just because he slogs his guts, that doesn't make him a defensive midfielder like many seem to think he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Imo, Lucas and Gerrard cannot play together. They do not compliment each other at all and tend to get in one another's way.

The only way Lucas can have a role is if Gerrard is pushed forward, which he probably won't be, or if Lucas comes on for Gerrard with 20 or 30 minutes to go.

Coutinhio was poor today. Allen made a huge difference when he came on.

Coutinhio needs to put in shifts like the Arsenal game, otherwise he leaves Gerrard and Henderson exposed.

He may well be hooked for the next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rarnes1 wrote: »

True they are not quite in the form they were in earlier in the season but they will still be very tough I feel. Plus I get the impression that they are dangerous off set-pieces. Lovren and Fonte have scored 5 goals between them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

We now go away for 3 games

1st March Southhampton v Liverpool
    16th March Man Utd v Liverpool
    22nd March Cardiff v Liverpool

• Advertisement

Gerrard has been one of our best players the past month or so.

Not exactly easy games though

Draw Stoke
    Draw Arsenal
    Won against WestBrom
    Well beaten by Chelsea
    Beaten by Spurs
    Draw ManCity
    Beaten by Villa.

Meanwhile our recent away form isn't as bad as made out but still not great.

Won Fulham
    Draw West Brom
    Won Stoke
    Beaten by Chelsea
    Beaten by ManCity
    Smashed Spurs
    Lost to Hull

A team with CL ambitions need to be going to Southampton and winning.

Gerrard isn't a top top player .......
    Henderson runs funny .......
    Buying Sturrigde is a risk ......
    Suarez should have left ........

Thanks for the advice Alex ferguson .

I can honestly say I slaughtered Stevie at the start of the year but he is making me eat my words . I'm actually glad he has played that well he has me admitting it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

If we could win 2 of those games it would be a good return I feel. Obviously Cardiff you would expect to win given the way they are playing. The other two are tough games. United will be well up for trying to derail any potential Liverpool title bid or even 4th place bid. Southampton are a good solid side all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sterlings ball for the first goal was incredible as well. Kinda forgotten in all that happened after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Hah, suck it Spurs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could win all three, could easily draw or lose two of them - at worst I'd accept 5 points from that trio with a draw at Old Trafford, though coming after a two week break a win is what the doctor will surely order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

villa came to anfield the other week having won 1 in 8 league games and should have beaten liverpool. southampton have beaten liverpool last 2 games rather comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Would love to see some stats on goals conceded due to individual errors or from set pieces..

We are on bloody song offensively though. It's ****ing insane.

I was reading a piece a couple of weeks ago that had Mignolet on 5 errors, Gerrard 4. Skrtel and Toure had 3 but this might have been pre the West Brom game, not 100%.

Funnily enough Cissokho and Flanagan were the only defenders we had with zero errors. Not sure how the piece classified them but both have been pretty solid defensively so probably not far off the mark.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement