Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    Moses could not give a ****.......anytime i've seen him play.
    To think, Nuri Sahins loan was cut short while Moses is still knocking around hurts my head. Useless.

Didn't even celebrate when we scored the winner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

hmmmm......strange comments from Rodgers after the game

He said Agger was taken off because he couldn't cope physically with Bony (I thought Skrtel was struggling more than Agger)

He also said our defensive errors were nothing to do with coaching and were basically down to the limitations of the players

I am paraphrasing him here but feel free to read for yourselves

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-4-swansea-city-3-we-will-never-play-the-chelsea-way-claims-reds-manager-brendan-rodgers-9147901.html

I don't think the defenders and especially Agger will be happy with these comments....yes they haven't been great but I'm sure they would say that they basically get very little protection due to our gung-ho attacking - hope there is no fallout because of this (then again the defense can hardly do much worse, Skrtel is particular is making key errors lately and Mignolet seems to be suffering from ShayGivenitis also know as being stuck to your line for most of the game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I can understand why people are so anxious to see Sakho back, but hasn't he looked just as dodgy as Skrtel/Agger/Toure so far this season?

They're all decent players on paper, maybe it's coaching problem.
    We need to start playing on paper so?:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

mike65 wrote: »
    Could win all three, could easily draw or lose two of them - at worst I'd accept 5 points from that trio with a draw at Old Trafford, though coming after a two week break a win is what the doctor will surely order.

Definitely. I would take beating Southamton (wont be easy) which will set us up nicely. The one thing that might help is that United have the second leg of their champs league match 3 days after us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

donfers wrote: »

He said Agger was taken off because he couldn't cope physically with Bony (I thought Skrtel was struggling more than Agger)

He also said our defensive errors were nothing to do with coaching and were basically down to the limitations of the players

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-4-swansea-city-3-we-will-never-play-the-chelsea-way-claims-reds-manager-brendan-rodgers-9147901.html

I don't think the defenders and especially Agger will be happy with these comments....yes they haven't been great but I'm sure they would say that they basically get very little protection due to our gung-ho attacking - hope there is no fallout because of this (then again the defense can hardly do much worse, Skrtel is particular is making key errors lately and Mignolet seems to be suffering from ShayGivenitis also know as being stuck to your line for most of the game)

Hmmm...sounds to me like he trying to give them a kick up the arse. Especially skittles.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Rodgers whipping off Agger is genius.

I expect a fired up Agger of old to return now for the upcoming games

smart man that Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Definitely. I would take beating Southamton (wont be easy) which will set us up nicely. The one thing that might help is that United have the second leg of their champs league match 3 days after us.

Utd will be up for the game with us no matter if they have a Champs league game or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Top scorers in the Premier League with 70 GOALS! Average of 2.59 goals per game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

March is vital. March is make or break.
    3 away games in a row gives me the shivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

donfers wrote: »

I loved the headline

'We will never play the Chelsea way'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cant believe our luck with Spurs,

Some much needed breathing room in 4th :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

5live wrote: »
    I loved the headline

yeah.....nice little dig there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Top scorers in the Premier League with 70 GOALS! Average of 2.59 goals per game this season.

Amazing when you think at the start of the season when we were only scoring 1 in the first half and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Arsenal have a hard March.

Bayern ----8 Mar Champs League
    Spurs
    16 Mar
    Chelsea --22 Mar
    City
    29 Mar

Could see them drop points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The 16th March is my birthday - Must get it off, arsenel v spurs and utd v pool - Gonna be messy come 7 o'clock!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Vicxas wrote: »
    Cant believe our luck with Spurs,

Some much needed breathing room in 4th :)

The luck has been all the other way.

Spurs have been muck all season and have been grinding out wins/getting dodgy last minute penalties. In all honesty, they weren't great last season too, the amount of 1-goal (Bale) victories they got was unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5live wrote: »
    I loved the headline

He didn't mention Chelsea once. Garbage journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arsenal have a hard March.

Bayern ----8 Mar Champs League
    Spurs
    16 Mar
    Chelsea --22 Mar
    City
    29 Mar

Could see them drop points

We've a fairly hard march too

Saints - Away (Bloody tough)
    2 week break
    UTD - Away (Can go either way really)
    Cardiff - Away (Can be a toughy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

We had a scout at the Wolfsburg/Leverkusen match this weekend apparently. Rodriguez? Bender?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Didn't see the match today so looking forward to MOTD but these kevin keggan style tactics can't be good for the health :)

Vicxas wrote: »
    We've a fairly hard march too

Saints - Away (Bloody tough)
    2 week break
    UTD - Away (Can go either way really)
    Cardiff - Away (Can be a toughy)

Whatever about Utd and S'Hampton, Cardiff are absolute muck, just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sappy404 wrote: »
    We had a scout at the Wolfsburg/Leverkusen match this weekend apparently. Rodriguez? Bender?

Hyypia to come back as our star defender? He can't do much worse than Skrtel, Agger or Toure.

Hyypia to come back as our star defender? He can't do much worse than Skrtel, Agger or Toure.

Pop up with a goal or two also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Whatever about Utd and S'Hampton, Cardiff are absolute muck, just awful.

But they are the games we fail to motivate ourselves for!

What are you talking about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

is match of the day on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

redzerdrog wrote: »

YUP, 10.25PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bender or gustavo hopefully, xhaka i hear good things about too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

redzerdrog wrote: »

10.25pm, BBC1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

klose wrote: »
    Bender or gustavo hopefully, xhaka i hear good things about too.

Granit Xhaka.

What a ****ing name that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

When is Lucas back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gbear wrote: »
    Granit Xhaka.

Definitely the hard bastard we need in midfield.....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Gbear wrote: »
    Granit Xhaka.

We've been scouting him for a while I think.

We are 6 players short of were we want to be.

The Ukranian lad, or another attacker
    A central midfielder
    A right back
    A left back
    A centre back
    A sub goalkeeper

The only defenders I hope are at the club next season are Flanagan, Wisdom, Sakho, Illori and Enrique, and out of those only Sakho should be first choice.

Mignolet getting stuck to his line is becoming a real problem imo. My preference would be a keeper flying out a la Reina or Lloris. But if he is not going to come, then the defenders should know that and should deal with the ****ing situation. Skrtel is constantly looking at Mignolet as if he can't believe he is not coming to deal with situation. Communication is key and it's clearly lacking between those two in particular. Overall, Mignolet has had a good season and has gained us a lot more points than he has cost us (I reckon he has cost us 4/5 points). But I do wonder if he is the long term ideal option for us. He needs re-inventing to a certain extent. He has improved on the ball somewhat as the season has gone on, but he doesn't command the area well at all imo.

I don't buy into the praise that Skrtel has got this season. One or two immense performances, yes, but has more often han not looked like an accident waiting to happen. Sakho looks to have all the tools for me. Great on the ball, strong and DECISIVE. That's the big thing for me. Doesn't mess about, just deals with things. Gets it wrong sometimes, but so does every defender.

Agger should go, imo. He is just not the defender he is made out to be and hasn't lived up to his potential. What's more I think the notion that he is great on the ball is overplayed. He's decent, sure, and this was amplified playing next to Skrtel or Carragher, but he is nothing special.

Toure will probably stay for his experience and because he will accept playing second fiddle in a way that Agger or Skrtel won't (or shouldn't).

Could be for one from Perisic, Trasch or Sam too. All players we've been linked to before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Could be for one from Perisic, Trasch or Sam too. All players we've been linked to before.

Sam's on his way to Schalke.

Sam's on his way to Schalke.

Derp, forgot about that.

What are you talking about? :confused:

Just to follow up on why your post was confusing

Points versus bottom 10

Fulham 6/6
    Cardiff 3/3
    Sunderland 3/3
    West Brom 4/6
    Crystal Palace 3/3
    Stoke 6/6
    Norwich 3/3
    Aston Villa 4/6
    Swansea 4/6
    Hull 3/6
    West Ham 3/3

42 points out of a possible 51. 1 loss in 17 versus the bottom 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

We are 6 players short of were we want to be.

The Ukranian lad, or another attacker
    A central midfielder
    A right back
    A left back
    A centre back
    A sub goalkeeper

The only defenders I hope are at the club next season are Flanagan, Wisdom, Sakho, Illori and Enrique, and out of those only Sakho should be first choice.

Mignolet getting stuck to his line is becoming a real problem imo. My preference would be a keeper flying out a la Reina or Lloris. But if he is not going to come, then the defenders should know that and should deal with the ****ing situation. Skrtel is constantly looking at Mignolet as if he can't believe he is not coming to deal with situation. Communication is key and it's clearly lacking between those two in particular. Overall, Mignolet has had a good season and has gained us a lot more points than he has cost us (I reckon he has cost us 4/5 points). But I do wonder if he is the long term ideal option for us. He needs re-inventing to a certain extent. He has improved on the ball somewhat as the season has gone on, but he doesn't command the area well at all imo.

I don't buy into the praise that Skrtel has got this season. One or two immense performances, yes, but has more often han not looked like an accident waiting to happen. Sakho looks to have all the tools for me. Great on the ball, strong and DECISIVE. That's the big thing for me. Doesn't mess about, just deals with things. Gets it wrong sometimes, but so does every defender.

Agger should go, imo. He is just not the defender he is made out to be and hasn't lived up to his potential. What's more I think the notion that he is great on the ball is overplayed. He's decent, sure, and this was amplified playing next to Skrtel or Carragher, but he is nothing special.

Toure will probably stay for his experience and because he will accept playing second fiddle in a way that Agger or Skrtel won't (or shouldn't).
    6 would be a bit too much to bring in, Skrtel is fine as long as Sakho is fit. Having Gerrard as the sole cover is a problem in certain games especially if the 5 in front do not hary the opposition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hyppia back as defensive coach hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I have to say ive been pretty happy with sakho so far, and im desperately looking forward to seeing him back in the starting eleven. I think he can become an important player and should hopefully benefit from an extended run of first team football if he can stay fit

Gmol wrote: »
    6 would be a bit too much to bring in, Skrtel is fine as long as Sakho is fit. Having Gerrard as the sole cover is a problem in certain games especially if the 5 in front do not hary the opposition

Probably is too much to bring in. One defender, one attacker and one midfielder, each of whom improve the first 11 would be a great starting point. After that, any other additions would be a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

What about Dede?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Southampton have won 1 from their last 7 league games at home.

Don't care...they have a hex on us. A hex I tell ya.

One of Coutinho or Sterling might have to be sacrificed next weekend. Probably Coutinho.

Toprak,Bender and Rodriguez according to some on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

We were very exposed in midfield and defence today. The Swansea midfield had so much space to run into
    The centre halves are all accidents waiting to happen. The basis for any team is a solid partnership at the back. I dont see it
    Just as well we have great forwards !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

K-9 wrote: »
    Closer to top than 4th, white coats would have been needed if I thought that at the start of the season.

We need 20/33 points to finish on 76 which is effectively 77 for us, we can fall below our target of 2 ppg, which given the next 3 away games is good.

Spurs need 27/33!

United need 11 wins!

Just on the 77 point thing a few posters picked up on, the above is based on Liverpool finishing on 76 points, ties in with Morzadec's table he is doing all season.

Spurs and United points are based on them getting 77 and 78 points respectively as they'll need to if we get 76.

Also it's mathematically impossible for United to finish on 77, 78 is the maximum they can get. Everton need 32/36 points.

John Henry tweeted on the January 2 that the odds of finishing 4th were 61% Liverpool, 30% United, Everton 20 and Spurs 12. We must be 70%+ at this stage. Sherwoods saying Spurs could lose 4 or 5 looks extremely unlikely after today, put it that way, they'll need to go on an Arsenal type run last season to get 76. 73/74 looks more the target for 4th after today, 76 would guarantee it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

One of Coutinho or Sterling might have to be sacrificed next weekend. Probably Coutinho.

Should be. No way Sterling deserves to lose his place. He's fantastic atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sterling is so much more consistent than Coutiniho. I'd say the Brazilian has only had about five or six good games this season. They mostly probably came in 2014 though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement