Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The 2015 Europa League winners will qualify for the following season's Champions League.

From the United thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Going by Rodgers quotes, he's not happy with the performances by our defenders. Could well be looking for new faces at the back in the next transfer window!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Don't care...they have a hex on us. A hex I tell ya.

Oh Yea Kerrigooney , Thanks for the Match Thread .

Will we have to do many 4-3 wins before season`s end lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

K-9 wrote: »
    Just on the 77 point thing a few posters picked up on, the above is based on Liverpool finishing on 76 points, ties in with Morzadec's table he is doing all season.

Spurs and United points are based on them getting 77 and 78 points respectively as they'll need to if we get 76.

Also it's mathematically impossible for United to finish on 77, 78 is the maximum they can get. Everton need 32/36 points.

John Henry tweeted on the January 2 that the odds of finishing 4th were 61% Liverpool, 30% United, Everton 20 and Spurs 12. We must be 70%+ at this stage. Sherwoods saying Spurs could lose 4 or 5 looks extremely unlikely after today, put it that way, they'll need to go on an Arsenal type run last season to get 76. 73/74 looks more the target for 4th after today, 76 would guarantee it.

% before todays 3 points for us and 0 points for Spurs.

So probably 85-90% chance now, I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ardent wrote: »
    Going by Rodgers quotes, he's not happy with the performances by our defenders. Could well be looking for new faces at the back in the next transfer window!

Don't spook them before the season ends and the title is in the bag though :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

He's like a f*cking terrier. Constantly nipping at players heels.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Good man Brendan.....I assume u have made simular comments to anger skertl etc behind closed first.

I've said it before, the likes of anger and skertl need to man up and play the game or gtfo. It was embarrassing watching agger being bullied by a 19th old debutant last week c arsenal. If teams are getting at the back 4 from open play then fair enough the midfield can be blamed. When lads are falling on their arses defending crosses from set pieces that is their own responsibility imo. Liverpool can't rely long term needing to score 3 and 4 goals per game in order to secure wins.
    its nothing short of a miracle they are in the position they are presently carrying skirt, anger and kolo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Stargate wrote: »
    Oh Yea Kerrigooney , Thanks for the Match Thread .

Will we have to do many 4-3 wins before season`s end lol :D

I'm torn between keeping my fantastic run (1) going or retiring with a 100% win rate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodgers describing some of the defenders "uncoachable" in terms of their weaknesses. Guess this could be in reference to Skrtel and his shirt pulling. And maybe Agger's weakness against physical strikers as apparently that is why he was substituted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm torn between keeping my fantastic run (1) going or retiring with a 100% win rate :D

Retire ;)

I cant handle another match like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I love him. I have a friend that absolutely hates him but today even he admitted he was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Table since the New Year - sorting out out goals conceded must be a priority at this stage :eek:

BhLdccFCMAEmytp.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Late to the party, but yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa, It's such a rollercoaster of emotion watching us play these days, from delight to dejection and back again in nearly every game, but the beauty of it is we're eeking out the wins, and Spurs losing was the icing on the cake, can't wait for MOTD to see the game in HD as opposed to the link I watched it on. The full 90 is on LFCTV at 12 if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Our goal diff is also worth an extra point, especially against the teams below us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

% before todays 3 points for us and 0 points for Spurs.

So probably 85-90% chance now, I'd imagine.

Arsenal down as twice as likely as us as winning the title so I assume the same as regards 3rd.
    Good man Brendan.....I assume u have made simular comments to anger skertl etc behind closed first.

I've said it before, the likes of anger and skertl need to man up and play the game or gtfo. It was embarrassing watching agger being bullied by a 19th old debutant last week c arsenal. If teams are getting at the back 4 from open play then fair enough the midfield can be blamed. When lads are falling on their arses defending crosses from set pieces that is their own responsibility imo. Liverpool can't rely long term needing to score 3 and 4 goals per game in order to secure wins.
    its nothing short of a miracle they are in the position they are presently carrying skirt, anger and kolo

I'd imagine the "uncoachable" comments are digs at Agger/Skrtel and maybe Johnson. In fairness he's right, we've a crazy amount of individual errors and while some of that is down to the style of football, as Nuri pointed out, this isn't a new thing for those players. I was making the same points last season and towards the end of Kenny, these are experienced international defenders

Allen picked up from what Coutinho should have been doing today, and what he did do brilliantky against Everton and Everton, pressing and harrying like a terrier. I assume taking Sterling off was to get more bodies in the midfield and try and press higher up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A comparison:

Liverpool attack:
    Suarez - 26m
    Sturridge - 12m
    Sterling - Neglible
    Coutinho - 8m
    Aspas - 7m
    Moses - Loan

Total: 53m - 70 goals

City attack:
    Aguero - 38m
    Dzeko - 32.5m
    Jovetic - 22m
    Negredo - 17m+
    Navas - 15m
    Nasri - 25m

Total: 150m - 69 goals

Lads, do we have a player playing for Ossasuna? Heard the commentator mention something about Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

ebbsy wrote: »
    The 2015 Europa League winners will qualify for the following season's Champions League.

From the United thread.

The post about the united fan evoking history instead of current standings was superb in the match thread who ever made it cant remember who it was, bravo sir.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

klose wrote: »
    The post about the united fan evoking history instead of current standings was superb in the match thread who ever made it cant remember who it was, bravo sir.

I think it was one of us that brought up the Europa league winners qualifying for the champs league though!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I know we often get accused of living in the past but I'm just watching a show on lfc TV showing Gerrards first 100 premiership goals, how bloody good was Fernando Torres ?

I would love to see him reach those kinds of levels again, obviously not with Chelsea though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I know we often get accused of living in the past but I'm just watching a show on lfc TV showing Gerrards first 100 premiership goals, how bloody good was Fernando Torres ?

I would love to see him reach those kinds of levels again, obviously not with Chelsea though.
    why:confused:
    his attitude for us in the last year he was with us was terrible

The 5live commentators made the point about Sherwood and his comments about hoping Liverpool slip up, the win against Fulham and the Spurs players knowing we'd won today would be big blows for their dressing room.

I suppose what we are forgetting is all the pressure is on Spurs, we can afford the odd draw or loss, they have to win. We've got used to that position over the last 4 seasons, hell ours was even worse.

As things stand Spurs have Cardiff, Arsenal and Southampton at Home and Chelsea away before they play us, funnily enough their home form isn't great. The funny thing about that is that them beating Arsenal mightn't necessarily be a terrible result for us!

We've Southampton, United and Cardiff Away. 4 points minimum from those and we should be in a good position when Spurs come to Anfield.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

how bloody good was Fernando Torres ?

About Sturridge good

About Sturridge good

Sturridge must be a good bit ahead of him stats wise at a similar stage, complete madness!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

About Sturridge good

Sturridge cost less than what Wayne Rooney earns a year.

FYI the match is on SS1 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

About Sturridge good

Torres' record at Liverpool wasn't actually as good as Sturridges. In their first 30 odd league games

Torres 34 games/24 goalsc .70 gpg
    Sturridge 33 games/28 goals .84 gpg

and Sturridge is at almost a goal per game this season, I'd love to see his goals per minute played ratio.

This comparison is even better.... :pac:

Torres at Chelsea 101 league games - 19 goals
    Sturridge Liverpool 13/14 19 league games - 18 goals ( 33 games / 28 goals)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

were in im I believe
    drunk starting to believe watvcing batman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lads, do we have a player playing for Ossasuna? Heard the commentator mention something about Anfield.

Nope and I'm not aware of any links, maybe it was a passing mention connected
    with Suso or Ilori

Torres' record at Liverpool wasn't actually as good as Sturridges. In their first 30 odd league games

Torres 34 games/24 goalsc .70 gpg
    Sturridge 33 games/28 goals .84 gpg

and Sturridge is at almost a goal per game this season, I'd love to see his goals per minute played ratio.

This comparison is even better.... :pac:

Torres at Chelsea 101 league games - 19 goals
    Sturridge Liverpool 13/14 19 league games - 18 goals ( 33 games / 28 goals)

Somebody posted it up a week or 2 ago, it's ridiculously good, Henry, Van Nistleroy type good! Obviously not near that level yet, but food for thought for people that write him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Despite that I still think it's amazing how under-rated Sturridge is by the wider public.

Despite that I still think it's amazing how under-rated Sturridge is by the wider public.

I think that's more to do with his strike partner and his unbelievable performances this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tru

I find it amazing that all England's hopes for the summer aren't being pinned on him

• Advertisement

What you have is a team set up for him, Coutinho, Henderson, Gerrard and even Sterling today laying it on a plate for him, able to spot his runs with exquisite through balls. While back 4's are busy minding Suarez, Sturridge can do his thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

His record for England is poorer than Welbeck it must be said.

mike65 wrote: »

Couldn't give a toss about how he does for England, its all about how he does in that red shirt with the liver bird on the chest for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fine by me :pac:

What you have is a team set up for him, Coutinho, Henderson, Gerrard and even Sterling today laying it on a plate for him, able to spot his runs with exquisite through balls. While back 4's are busy minding Suarez, Sturridge can do his thing!

Suarez definitely helps, but even at the start of the season without him Sturridge was on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

10.25pm, BBC1

Wouldn't you miss Baldy reminding us when MOTD is on;-)

I find it amazing that all England's hopes for the summer aren't being pinned on him

The Roy Hodgson effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

TBF, Sturridge has always scored goals, with or without Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Just on the 77 point thing a few posters picked up on, the above is based on Liverpool finishing on 76 points, ties in with Morzadec's table he is doing all season.

Spurs and United points are based on them getting 77 and 78 points respectively as they'll need to if we get 76.

Also it's mathematically impossible for United to finish on 77, 78 is the maximum they can get. Everton need 32/36 points.

John Henry tweeted on the January 2 that the odds of finishing 4th were 61% Liverpool, 30% United, Everton 20 and Spurs 12. We must be 70%+ at this stage. Sherwoods saying Spurs could lose 4 or 5 looks extremely unlikely after today, put it that way, they'll need to go on an Arsenal type run last season to get 76. 73/74 looks more the target for 4th after today, 76 would guarantee it.

Liverpool v Spurs at Anfield will decide alot regarding top 4.

On current points, a Liverpool win would put us 9 points ahead of Spurs. A Spurs win would cut the gap to 3.

The key there is the management, Hodgson didn't do great with Torres either. Better not make Hodgson and Moyes comparisons!

When Sturridge is one on one you have so much confidence he's gonna score. The guy is machine.

Only complaint about him is he's greedy at times. Today there was a great chance to put Suarez in but he went for the harder shot probably thinking of a hatrick. Think it was 3 each at the time. Suarez was livid

Apart from that he's been phenomenonal. Need a decent chant for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Crazy to think how many goals Danny will score when he becomes good:pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    When Sturridge is one on one you have so much confidence he's gonna score. The guy is machine.

Only complaint about him is he's greedy at times. Today there was a great chance to put Suarez in but he went for the harder shot probably thinking of a hatrick. Think it was 3 each at the time. Suarez was livid

Apart from that he's been phenomenonal. Need a decent chant for him though.

To be fair, he's laid on quite a few for Suarez this season, and Suarez has had his greedy moments too. Suarez' decision making is a few notches above Danny's though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dat pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Jesus Shelveys goal was sweet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement