Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Dat pass.

Tap dat pass :D
    Nice goal by JJ Shelvey tbf

To be fair, he's laid on quite a few for Suarez this season, and Suarez has had his greedy moments too. Suarez' decision making is a few notches above Danny's though.

I'd say most strikers have a bit of a selfish streak. It's their job at the end of the day. It's just me nit picking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Suarez definitely falling into the trap of 'trying to hard' if you ask me. The one on one where he went to go round the goalie he should have hit it first time, the gap was there. Also for Hendo's second goal he should have been passing instead of shooting although luckily it did work out. This is just 2 examples

In no way is this a criticism, maybe just an indicator that his confidence in front of goal isn't as strong just now. But as we all know that will change as soon as he get's one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Our Year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Should have gone first time Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching that highlight reel of **** ups there alot are toure and skrtel, i guess its kind of harsh in a way to be blaming rodgers for the players makimg individual errors is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It is also hard to blame the defenders. There are so many players committed to going forward that there is very little support to the (often) back two. Granted there are things they have done wrong but the pressure is always higher when there is nobody else near you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

gimli2112 wrote: »
    were in im I believe
    drunk starting to believe watvcing batman

:pac: :pac: I love drunken posts!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Jaysus those highlights made Skrtyl look even worse
    Agger and Skrtyl arent bad defenders so it must be a coaching issue there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

They can not play together, never could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

klose wrote: »
    Watching that highlight reel of **** ups there alot are toure and skrtel, i guess its kind of harsh in a way to be blaming rodgers for the players makimg individual errors is it?
    It is also hard to blame the defenders. There are so many players committed to going forward that there is very little support to the (often) back two. Granted there are things they have done wrong but the pressure is always higher when there is nobody else near you.

This is why Gerrard as the sole DM makes no sense unless kamikaze football is the way to win a league - which it isn't. Liverpool need to get a solid defensive screen erected in front of the central defenders. Sure it will mean less sparky action but would anyone really complain at a bunch of 2-0 wins with 60% possession and control of the middle?

Chris Bascombe catches the issue from his match report
    Liverpool are attempting to win a marathon by engaging in a 38-game sprint.

It is glorious to watch, particularly on their own ground, but after needing a photo finish to get the better of a Swansea side reasserting its identity under Garry Monk, even Brendan Rodgers admitted it is not always so desirable to try to spend every second in fifth gear.

For all Liverpool’s attacking verve — they led 2-0 after 21 minutes just as they have done so often in recent home fixtures — this was an occasion where the ability to pause for breath and take a more measured view of proceedings would have avoided later discomfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well it's worse this year, but it's been a consitent theme moaning about Skrtel and Agger for a few seasons now, the common denominator is Skrtel and Agger, not coaches and managers. Even under Clarke they were poor that last half of the season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

mike65 wrote: »
    This is why Gerrard as the sole DM makes no sense unless kamikaze football is the way to win a league - which it isn't. Liverpool need to get a solid defensive screen erected in front of the central defenders. Sure it will mean less sparky action but would anyone really complain at a bunch of 2-0 wins with 60% possession and control of the middle?

Lucas is about the only player that we have that can do that, and I've my doubts if he can do that since the injuries. While I'm still not convinced by the Gerrard experiment, that wasn't the issue for me today. For it to work, you need Coutinho having a good match, pressing and harrying, Swansea did that today. We can get away with Gerrard's lack of defensive positioning and awareness if Coutinho is on song.

It's why we all called for Coutinho to be dropped for Everton and Arsenal. For me Allen and Henderson are the natural partners for Gerrard DM, Coutinho worked because everything went right for us and Coutinho was just sublime on the day.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

In fairness maybe the manager has decided that it is the way forward for the team . With all the players at his disposal the manager must see attack as the best form of defence .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We have 14 pts in the 6 games with gerrard as the sole DM. Some of the teams performances have been excellent arsenal and everton. Gerrard has played really well and provided lots of key passes from that position that someone like lucas and allen couldnt deliver. The pass for the 2nd goal against villa, sturridge against fulham and then the ball to suarez that led to todays winning goal. The first half of the villa game was all wrong as gerrard was left isolated but since then I don't think their is too much wrong with the set up. Most of the goals we have conceded are the result of poor defensive errors. The wba goal, the 2 fulham ones, two skrtel errors today, gerrard diving in against arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The defenders might be poor, but Rodgers has been fairly brainless himself in his instructions or lack of them. I pointed it out in the match thread but having Henderson pressing the Swansea keeper in injury time in the first half when we were 3-2 was just ridiculous. Same thing happened in around the 89th minutue with Gerrard who pushed into the box to try and score.

We have 14 pts in the 6 games with gerrard as the sole DM. Some of the teams performances have been excellent arsenal and everton. Gerrard has played really well and provided lots of key passes from that position that someone like lucas and allen couldnt deliver. The pass for the 2nd goal against villa, sturridge against fulham and then the ball to suarez that led to todays winning goal. The first half of the villa game was all wrong as gerrard was left isolated but since then I don't think their is too much wrong with the set up. Most of the goals we have conceded are the result of poor defensive errors. The wba goal, the 2 fulham ones, two skrtel errors today, gerrard diving in against arsenal.

Teams that defend on their 18 yard line make more errors as the defenders are under greater pressure - so take the pressure off them by adding Allen and/or Lucas. Simple enough really.

Skrtel and Toure making 19 clearances each in the game against Fulham tells me something pretty damned obvious. They are bailing out water far too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

K-9 wrote: »
    It's why we all called for Coutinho to be dropped for Everton and Arsenal. For me Allen and Henderson are the natural partners for Gerrard DM, Coutinho worked because everything went right for us and Coutinho was just sublime on the day.

We did? Its do or die for Liverpool really, i was surprised Coutinho lasted as long as he did today, very poor game. 2 nil up we should be professional enough to close that out with ease. Little less cavalier for a few minutes so we can make it count.

We have 2 very difficult fixtures away from home now, i'd worry about Southampton as much as i would United - can see United park the bus like against Arsenal. tough games.

The defenders might be poor, but Rodgers has been fairly brainless himself in his instructions or lack of them. I pointed it out in the match thread but having Henderson pressing the Swansea keeper in injury time in the first half when we were 3-2 was just ridiculous. Same thing happened in around the 89th minutue with Gerrard who pushed into the box to try and score.

That depends on the understanding between the midfielders. If Henderson got forward because we didn't have enough bodies in the box, fine, same thinking resulted in the 4th goal.

If Gerrard felt he could attack in the 89th minute because Allen and Henderson gave him protection to attack, fine!
    `

Teams that defend on their 18 yard line make more errors as the defenders are under greater pressure - so take the pressure off them by adding Allen and/or Lucas. Simple enough really.

Skrtel and Toure making 19 clearances each in the game against Fulham tells me something pretty damned obvious. They are bailing out water far too often.

What you gain at one end you lose at the other. I still think a lot of the goals we have conceded lately have been the type of errors that could easily have been avoided regardless of what way we are set up.

• Advertisement

We did? Its do or die for Liverpool really, i was surprised Coutinho lasted as long as he did today, very poor game. 2 nil up we should be professional enough to close that out with ease. Little less cavalier for a few minutes so we can make it count.

We have 2 very difficult fixtures away from home now, i'd worry about Southampton as much as i would United - can see United park the bus like against Arsenal. tough games.

Definitely for Arsenal in the league, I posed the question Coutinho or Allen? and I don't think anybody disagreed, the internet blog and twitter experts the same.

Coutinho was poor, I could see the logic in taking off Sterling but whatever the decision, it needed to happen sooner.

In agreement on United, I think they'll go defensive, but there will be times they'll attack, giving us a chance. City will seek to attack like Everton and Arsenal, Chelsea under Mourinho, well, we all know what he'll do, which is a compliment in itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It was interesting the way that last goal came about, Swansea had been pressing well and we were labouring to advance forward after a good spell of possession. Ball comes to Gerrard who immediately knows that it must be 3 v 3 in the Swansea third and pings onto Suarez chest from 40 yards. His range of passing and knowing when to go long is a real asset.
    All of that means nothing if we keep conceding easily, though the pressing/tracking of other midfielders & eliminating errors you have pointed out will go a long way.

What you gain at one end you lose at the other. I still think a lot of the goals we have conceded lately have been the type of errors that could easily have been avoided regardless of what way we are set up.

So Liverpool lose 20% of the attack but gain 25% more defence with Coutinho on the bench and Allen or Lucas in the starting 11, is that so awful? It means there is an option on the bench that is not Moses for a start!

Control should be the new dictum - Liverpool have got a 6 point gap on the rest as of now - playing "catch up" style football isn't even necessary any more, so play a controlled game instead.

Boring 2-0 wins for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

So Liverpool lose 20% of the attack but gain 25% more defence with Coutinho on the bench and Allen or Lucas in the starting 11, is that so awful? It means there is an option on the bench that is not Moses for a start!

Control should be the new dictum - Liverpool have got a 6 point gap on the rest as of now - playing "catch up" style football isn't even necessary any more, so play a controlled game instead.

Dunno if i'd drop Coutinho ahead of maybe Sterling? Even wheh he plays poorly we still depend on Coutinho for alot of linkage plays. It i fairly obvious when he plays poorly though so can be hauled off if need be. Was good to see Allen so positive today, we desperatly need cover for coutinho and/or another option to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

According to the physioroom, lucas and Sakho should be back for next weekend. That sound right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

donfers wrote: »
    hmmmm......strange comments from Rodgers after the game

He said Agger was taken off because he couldn't cope physically with Bony (I thought Skrtel was struggling more than Agger)

He also said our defensive errors were nothing to do with coaching and were basically down to the limitations of the players

I am paraphrasing him here but feel free to read for yourselves

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-4-swansea-city-3-we-will-never-play-the-chelsea-way-claims-reds-manager-brendan-rodgers-9147901.html

I don't think the defenders and especially Agger will be happy with these comments....yes they haven't been great but I'm sure they would say that they basically get very little protection due to our gung-ho attacking - hope there is no fallout because of this (then again the defense can hardly do much worse, Skrtel is particular is making key errors lately and Mignolet seems to be suffering from ShayGivenitis also know as being stuck to your line for most of the game)

Up there with the worst articles i've ever read.

A headline which was never actually said by the man.

And just look at the amount of times they quote two or so words, and write around them as if their words were his;
    “uncoachable”
    “anywhere near well enough”
    “you can’t coach”
    “not planned,”

Either quote the entirety of the mans comments, or don't quote any. Maybe what the journalist implies the context is, is correct, but without actually seeing that context ,we really shouldn't take it too seriously. Even the longer quotes come devoid of context, and have several potential meanings which could vary wildly depending on what was said before, or after, or the question asked.

Personally, I very much doubt he actually stated that the defensive players he inherited are uncoachable.

In short, just awful, awful journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

K-9 wrote: »
    That depends on the understanding between the midfielders. If Henderson got forward because we didn't have enough bodies in the box, fine, same thinking resulted in the 4th goal.

If Gerrard felt he could attack in the 89th minute because Allen and Henderson gave him protection to attack, fine!
    `

If that was the case grand, but it seems players just do whatever they fancy. For example when Henderson pressed the keeper had an easy ball out to the left back(or left sided CB) and Henderson was then out of position. I think if the team instructions were to press we'd have sealed that easy pass off. It looked like Henderson just thought it would be a good idea to chase the ball.

In the Gerrard example, you can see here at about 2:20

We have 6 players up field. Allen is on the touchline at the top of the screen so basically out of the game and Henderson is just outside the box. We've basically our back 4 with zero protection when we are 1-0 with a minute or so left. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Vital victory today looking forward to southampton game should be plenty of goals and Luis is due a few
    No way agger will start against lambert as he's too weak to deal with him it will be toure or sakho if fit think I'd rather play cissokho there than agger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I wouldn't change how were playing, it's been working out quite well so far.
    Were generally alot better than what we showed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Happy to get the 3 points today, but I'm fed up with these difficult wins.

That's West Brom, Villa, Fulham and now Swansea who are all struggling in the league able to carve us open and score.

I have been wondering why these teams seem to raise their game about us but not against other top sides.

Now convinced that we are playing too open and not defending as a team.

As result spaces are there, forwards and midfield not tracking back and defence is under huge pressure and make the opposition look really good.

It's that pressure that is causing these 'individual errors' as I think the defence is being given too much to do.

Love out attacking style but we have to learn to keep clean sheets and close games out.

Winning 4-3 reminds me of 90's squad that was great to watch and had two classic matches with Newcastle but at the end of the day they became too open and won nothing and are remembered for white Armani suits and Spice Boys rather than the good attacking football they played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

There are 3 teams ahead of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I agree with you up to a point, Mike. You are assuming 4th is good enough for CL.

It isn't, unless and until manU get knocked out.

3rd has to be the target, sublime and ridiculous football rolled into one to win games notwithstanding, until 4th guarantees CL qualification.

Then and only then is the 6 point gap relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

We are 6 players short of were we want to be.

The Ukranian lad, or another attacker
    A central midfielder
    A right back
    A left back
    A centre back
    A sub goalkeeper

The only defenders I hope are at the club next season are Flanagan, Wisdom, Sakho, Illori and Enrique, and out of those only Sakho should be first choice.

Mignolet getting stuck to his line is becoming a real problem imo. My preference would be a keeper flying out a la Reina or Lloris. But if he is not going to come, then the defenders should know that and should deal with the ****ing situation. Skrtel is constantly looking at Mignolet as if he can't believe he is not coming to deal with situation. Communication is key and it's clearly lacking between those two in particular. Overall, Mignolet has had a good season and has gained us a lot more points than he has cost us (I reckon he has cost us 4/5 points). But I do wonder if he is the long term ideal option for us. He needs re-inventing to a certain extent. He has improved on the ball somewhat as the season has gone on, but he doesn't command the area well at all imo.

I don't buy into the praise that Skrtel has got this season. One or two immense performances, yes, but has more often han not looked like an accident waiting to happen. Sakho looks to have all the tools for me. Great on the ball, strong and DECISIVE. That's the big thing for me. Doesn't mess about, just deals with things. Gets it wrong sometimes, but so does every defender.

Agger should go, imo. He is just not the defender he is made out to be and hasn't lived up to his potential. What's more I think the notion that he is great on the ball is overplayed. He's decent, sure, and this was amplified playing next to Skrtel or Carragher, but he is nothing special.

Toure will probably stay for his experience and because he will accept playing second fiddle in a way that Agger or Skrtel won't (or shouldn't).

This seems a bit knee jerk to me, looks like its being written in the scope of one or two games. I really think there is more to the defensive issues than the center backs, they look extremely exposed at times, opposition midfielders can walk into shooting range without so much as a tackle. When they get to that distance the defenders are all at sea wondering whether to push or cover. I hate saying it but I think Gerrard "might" be the root cause, his positional sense has been his Achilles heel for years. The period he was out we played some fantastic stuff and didnt ship as many goals, Allen or Lucas are the only players fit for that role on what I've seen so far.

Has Mig been stuck on the line many times before, you could be right, I just cant recall another time. He really looks short on confidence.

Skrkel has had a fantastic season overall (with the odd mare!) hes genuinely been immense at times. Having said that I felt with the yellow card he should have been taken off, that tackle out on the right at the start of the second half was mental! Agger is just back and looks short on confidence too, he needs minutes for sure. Hes a bit long in the tooth to say he hasn't lived up to his potential, he had excellent spells for years when fit. For me, the jury is still out on Sakho, hes been good as many times as hes been bad, again I feel this could be down to cover from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think injuries at full back have really hampered us for confidence in defence, hopefully for march - may we can have Sakho and Skrtel fit and get a bit more confidence at the back.

Also, Agger...... WTF mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Do the Sturridge!

16624_718226104867118_387169944_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We now go away for 3 games

1st March Southhampton v Liverpool
    16th March Man Utd v Liverpool
    22nd March Cardiff v Liverpool

5 points would be decent, 4 points not bad.

But if we want to be dreaming about the league I suppose 7 is maybe the min target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think injuries at full back have really hampered us for confidence in defence, hopefully for march - may we can have Sakho and Skrtel fit and get a bit more confidence at the back.

Also, Agger...... WTF mate.

It was the wrong game to bring him back, Swansea are pretty powerful in attack, when you don't put it up to them. We let them come at us (Gerrard and the whole back 4), but you cannot legislate for Skrtel making a dumb foul and a deflection off a freee header.

Shelvey's was pure brilliance.

Some bright spots:
    - Sterling's pass for the first was Gerrard-esque, and puts paid to the idea that he's just a speed merchant.
    - Three excellent finishes and one opportunist follow-up, we made every goal, none were handed to us.
    - We were always going to risk a defeat to get the win, that is how we think now. We trust in our attack to see us through.
    - Getting goals and assists from all over the pitch, not only the front 2.

4 points, and Spurs, City & Chelsea to come to Anfield... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Morzadec wrote: »

But if we want to be dreaming about the league I suppose 7 is maybe the min target
    9 points
    then win the league
    then suarez hat trick in 3-2 win in WC to knock Engerlund out, when he should have been S/O for head butting Rooney
    then hi five Zeus and throw thunder bolts at Ruud Van Nistelrooy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Morzadec wrote: »

5 would be the minimum to be fair. if we are serious about finishing in the top 3 then a draw at southampton and united is a must. united are not exactly lighting up the league there is no reason we cant beat them at OT. but a draw is the miimum we should expect. a win against cardiff is a must.

time for excuses is over. tactics or players it doesnt matter. our defence needs to man up for the final 11 games or else some players will need to move on to a team that suits their ambition.

basic defensive errors we made yesterday. gerrard is a blame for jonjos goal. he is suppose to be playing defensive mid is he not?? that not the first time this season either. he needs to stop going forward and stay in position or else we need someone that will. skrtel made a few errors but again im not sure if its because he was dragged out of position covering both gerrard and agger (as he is still getting back to match fitness) or if he was just playing sh1te yesterday. then migs. he really needs to step up or we will need a new keeeper. he looks great at times but there are some shots where he c/should be doing better. anyone who thinks he is one of the best in the league right now is blinded by red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

murpho999 wrote: »

That's West Brom, Villa, Fulham and now Swansea who are all struggling in the league able to carve us open and score.

I have been wondering why these teams seem to raise their game about us but not against other top sides.

As result spaces are there, forwards and midfield not tracking back and defence is under huge pressure and make the opposition look really good.

It's that pressure that is causing these 'individual errors' as I think the defence is being given too much to do.

Love out attacking style but we have to learn to keep clean sheets and close games out.

Winning 4-3 reminds me of 90's squad that was great to watch and had two classic matches with Newcastle but at the end of the day they became too open and won nothing and are remembered for white Armani suits and Spice Boys rather than the good attacking football they played

After yesterdays win and the fulham win he first thing i thought of was thats how united have been winning for years, not playing well but grinding out results and i welcome it. We are at the buisness end of the season, we know how good we can be but for now with eleven games to go is that we get the 3 points, not how we get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Paulegend wrote: »
    then migs. he really needs to step up or we will need a new keeeper. he looks great at times but there are some shots where he c/should be doing better. anyone who thinks he is one of the best in the league right now is blinded by red.

Which should he have saved yesterday. The 25 yard screamer that went in off the post, or the penalty? Or maybe the header that was deflected?

Who here said he was the best in the league. Show me one post that mentions this.

murpho999 wrote: »

We also had an aggregate score of 9-1 in games against arsenal and everton in that same period. I would put it down to attitude over tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

9 points
    then win the league
    then suarez hat trick in 3-2 win in WC to knock Engerlund out, when he should have been S/O for head butting Rooney
    then hi five Zeus and throw thunder bolts at Ruud Van Nistelrooy

I hope he saves his antics for when they play Spain, not England. Suarez as public enemy #1 in Spain would do more for our chances of keeping him then if he were to get even further on the wrong side of the media in England

No guarantee with those percentages you have given it could just as easily be the other way around. I would be inclined to start allen over coutinho against southampton due to their style of play but for the majority of our remaining games Id keep things the way they are. Teams are afraid of their lives of us in an attacking sense so play to our strengths.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I hope he saves his antics for when they play Spain, not England. Suarez as public enemy #1 in Spain would do more for our chances of keeping him then if he were to get even further on the wrong side of the media in England

His antics? :rolleyes:

It will be a media circus when he plays them no matter what happens.

• Advertisement

I want a back four next year of:

Coleman Benatia Sakho Shaw

You may call it unrealistic, but as English champions I think we'll be favorites to land whoever the fcuk we want.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Which should he have saved yesterday. The 25 yard screamer that went in off the post, or the penalty? Or maybe the header that was deflected?

Who here said he was the best in the league. Show me one post that mentions this.

jesus relax with the defensive attitude. if only the team yesterday was half as defensive my bloodpressure wouldnt be nuts :D

i never said anyone on here did. but Carra has said it. he said it only a couple of weeks back when he and nevill named their players of the season so far.

i just feel that migs doesnt take responsibility enough at the back. he needs to be shouting more and coming for teh ball quicker. against fulham the second goal i think it was. the cross in from the fulham right. the ball dropped inside the 6 yard box. migs should have been there to catch that instead a calamatiss ball was banded into the net because he didnt take responsibility. then yesterday skrtel called him to come for the ball and he took his time about it. it was a basic keeper coming for the ball move that happens in every game but because he was so far back and not taking control he put his defence under pressure. he almost brought the ball out of the box in his hands. it touched his arm and perhaps should have been a free and at least a yellow (if it was worm who did it we would be all calling for it). just two examples of his decision making being really poor.

NukaCola wrote: »
    His antics? :rolleyes:

It will be a media circus when he plays them no matter what happens.

oh jesus the english media probably have their headlines wrote out already for it

Paulegend wrote: »
    jesus relax with the defensive attitude. if only the team yesterday was half as defensive my bloodpressure wouldnt be nuts :D

:pac:

Mignolet is doing a fine job. Every player makes mistakes. He has cost us in games but he's not a liability and we dont need a new keeper like you suggested. Put any keeper in front of our CB's and you would see them struggle.

In summary, young player first season, doing well, had a poor spell but solid for the most part.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement