Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

mike65 wrote: »
    Why I would sell Agger

I don't really remember Skrtel being injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

billy2012 wrote: »

He never seems to pick up anything other than small knocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

billy2012 wrote: »

When Carragher broke his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He never seems to pick up anything other than small knocks.

And the odd defender:) but I would still keep him over agger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

brevity wrote: »

he was linked with united at the weekend. i wouldnt read too much into it but he does look a cracking player. i think that Barca wanted to keep him more than Thiago but in saying that they done the same with the Dos Santos brothers and Giovanni seems to be the better one apart from his spurs stint

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

mike65 wrote: »
    Why I would sell Agger

i9f we got a 15M+ bid id be hoping we would accept it. id even sell skrtel aswell if we could get more than 10 for him.

we will probably see an overhaul of our defence this summer. Ilori Wisdom and Robbinson will all probably be back in the squad but i think Toure Coates Kelly might all be on the way out apart from agger and skrtel.

of course thats all speculation but id hate to be a liverpool defender* right now. apart from Sakho and Flannagan i doubt anyone is 100% safe

* id love to be a liverpool defender even for a day. even if i was humiliated in that one game it would be awesome to wear the red

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I think Toure will be there next year as well, purely as back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

NukaCola wrote: »
    Reminds me of this in the where will Utd finish thread.

To be fair no-one took him up on his bets, just funny in hindsight.

To be honest if I had seen the post I would have taken him up on his bet in a heart beat! But I never read anything except this thread anymore. I would have been happy enough then for Sturridge to lose to Suarez. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Knex. wrote: »
    Cheers.

Odd then that Rodgers said how he started Sturridge out wide to exploit their right back (Coleman was out), and he had put Sterling out left to cope with Baines.

Least, that's what I thought he had said.

Anyway, clear to see that we are fairly fluid as a front three, regardless.

This doesn't make any sense to me. If he was putting Sturridge out wide to exploit Coleman being out it would mean Sturridge goes on the left, so that would mean putting Sterling on the right to cope with Baines as he would be on our right side as he is a left back. Wait did you just type left for Sterling accidentally when you actualy meant right? Cos that would make sense then I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

if we win all our remaining games we could win the league,anything else and we wont . imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

barone wrote: »
    if we win all our remaining games we could win the league,anything else and we wont . imo.

What?

10 wins and 1 draw = 31 points = 87 points.

Almost certainly enough to win the league!

The problem is we won't get anywhere near this.

If we can win the home games against City and Chelsea and then keep our slip ups to a minimum we'll be in with a great chance.

8 wins (including City and Chelsea), 2 draws, 1 loss = 26 = 82 points. Might just do it.

Quite an ask even that total, but certainly not unfeasible.

There is no runaway team, no team crushing, no team consistent all season. I don't get how you would think that only 11 wins would do it

Would be surprised if a team finished with more than 85 points. City are the only team capable of it imo

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we win all our games we will win the league. Problem is though that we certainly won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Morzadec wrote: »
    What?

10 wins and 1 draw = 31 points = 87 points.

Almost certainly enough to win the league!

The problem is we won't get anywhere near this.

If we can win the home games against City and Chelsea and then keep our slip ups to a minimum we'll be in with a great chance.

8 wins (including City and Chelsea), 2 draws, 1 loss = 26 = 82 points. Might just do it.

Quite an ask even that total, but certainly not unfeasible.

There is no runaway team, no team crushing, no team consistent all season. I don't get how you would think that only 11 wins would do it

Wheres you premier league table thing? Interesting to look at even if I dont full understand it :D

TrueIt wrote: »
    What happens if we beat Spurs, City and Chelsea?

This

nw1vwg1.gif?w=510

5starpool wrote: »
    If we win all our games we will win the league. Problem is though that we certainly won't.

It's a massive ask.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but I'm still not sure if I really consider us properly in a title race as of yet. I do think we should be looking up, going for 3 points against Soton rather than settling for 1, but it's going to be really tough.

Like I said, if we got 8 wins 2 draws and 1 loss that would be a very good return. And even that would probably not be enough. Could be, but it would be cutting it thin.

9 wins and 2 draws? That would be 85. I'd be confident. But that is such a big ask. In fact I'd say that's unrealistic to even talk of.

Let's see how we come through these next 3 away games. Our away form arguably still has some question marks over it. Soton and United will not be easy.

If we come away from those games with 7 or 9 points then I'll feel we're properly in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

You can predict your finish here http://www.the-mustard.com/predictor.html

just did a very quick one and I think we need 85 points to win it including results against Chelski and City

Big big ask

As an aside I have us finishing 20 points ahead of united ,now i am a very biased and optimistic but how big a drop would that be for Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

just did a very quick one and I think we need 85 points to win it including results against Chelski and City

Big big ask

As an aside I have us finishing 20 points ahead of united ,now i am a very biased and optimistic but how big a drop would that be for Utd

Just did that!

I gave the top 4 2 golas per game, and the rest 1 goal per game. The result was city chelsea liverpool arsenal!

Interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Big big ask

Maybe a bit early to be looking this far ahead but I got...

dMQvn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just did it quickly.

Chelsea----87
    City
    LFC
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I bet this is the only top 4 football thread who is doing those stupid pointless prediction things, whats the point, 1 game at a time and thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I bet this is the only top 4 football thread who is doing those stupid pointless prediction things, whats the point, 1 game at a time and thats it

Football manager won't play on my computer. This is all I have !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

If we keep up our current form and beat Chelsea and City at home, we must have a very good chance of winning the title.

I don't see any reason for our form to drastically change and think we can definitely beat ANYONE at home on our day, which is most of the time this season.

I'm sure we will drop plenty of points but so will the 3 ahead of us, I don't see anyone running away with it in the next 11 games. Think GD could very well come into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

shamrock55 wrote: »

For you:

<3

75391d6a879b0b3ce499a9e96f0b1e72.png

As with most others I've probably given the top sides optimistic totals. Liverpool undefeated for the remainder of the season, which likely will not be the case. Dropping 8 points with draws away to Man Utd and home to Spurs, Man City and Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

It'll be really close.

I've backed City from the start, but it's true looking at the fixtures that maybe Chelsea have the nicest run-in. However Chelsea will be more likely to be distracted by European football. City have the cup, but that's not the same.

I think 82-83 points is the number to get past. I think a team gets past that and they give themselves a great chance. Like I said, I'd be surprised if a team got past 85. I don't think the 2nd place team will finish beyond 83.

It could definitely end up very, very close.

We need to target at least 8 wins from the 11 to be in with a shout I feel (that will bring us to 80), maybe more like 9. Very little room for slip-ups.

But being in a strong position re CL qualification, I hope we do make a go of it. I hope that if we are drawing on the weekend we take the risk of going for the 3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hopefully the utd olympiakos game is still in the balance after tonight. We play utd 3 days before the 2nd leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

For you:

<3

75391d6a879b0b3ce499a9e96f0b1e72.png

As with most others I've probably given the top sides optimistic totals. Liverpool undefeated for the remainder of the season, which likely will not be the case. Dropping 8 points with draws away to Man Utd and home to Spurs, Man City and Chelsea.

I don;t think you've taken into account the fact taht the top 8 wil lactually all play each other at some point...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm scared they'll fire Moyes before we play them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Hopefully the utd olympiakos game is still in the balance after tonight. We play utd 3 days before the 2nd leg.

I somehow think it might be... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Big big ask

I finished with...

Chelsea 91
    City 87
    Arsenal 83
    Liverpool 77
    Spurs 71
    Man U 68
    Everton 64

Admittedly I tried to be pessimistic regarding Liverpool so predicted us to have quite a few draws in the games against Southampton, Man U, Man City and Chelsea. Also predicted us drawing away to West Ham and Palace. We'll probably win some of those games.

Unless they get preoccupied with Europe it's almost difficult to see Chelsea not winning it. By far the best fixtures. I still probably gave them too many wins though. They will probably draw a few of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'm scared they'll fire Moyes before we play them :(

Me too very real prospect if they concede again or don't score away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I somehow think it might be... :pac:

I worry Moyes may play a reserve side at old Trafford if they concede a third goal! :pac:

Hopefully they can bring it back to 2-1 or even a draw then they will have to throw everything they have at it.

2djxy1d.jpg

at tonight's game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Lads United are shocking, regardless of the Olympiacos game, if we don't win or at the very least pick up a point at OT in a few weeks then we only have ourselves to blame.

Can't believe the standard of that game tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Watching Utd play there, I'd be delighted if they kept Moyes and gave him 100m to spend :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Morzadec wrote: »
    It's a massive ask.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but I'm still not sure if I really consider us properly in a title race as of yet. I do think we should be looking up, going for 3 points against Soton rather than settling for 1, but it's going to be really tough.

Like I said, if we got 8 wins 2 draws and 1 loss that would be a very good return. And even that would probably not be enough. Could be, but it would be cutting it thin.

9 wins and 2 draws? That would be 85. I'd be confident. But that is such a big ask. In fact I'd say that's unrealistic to even talk of.

Let's see how we come through these next 3 away games. Our away form arguably still has some question marks over it. Soton and United will not be easy.

If we come away from those games with 7 or 9 points then I'll feel we're properly in the race.

If we get 80 points I'll be amazed and delighted and 80 will certainly not be enough to win the title. I'd take 76 points now, and that would probably place us 4th with a small chance of 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Watching Utd play there, I'd be delighted if they kept Moyes and gave him 100m to spend :D

It's getting to the stage now where I'm kinda hoping they get a result so they don't get rid of him!

brevity wrote: »
    It's getting to the stage now where I'm kinda hoping they get a result so they don't get rid of him!

It's almost a pity stage now.

wcarey1975 wrote: »

blasphemy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Utd are so so poor. Delighted to see how bad a patch they are going through, long may it continue.

Nope...never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Should have started Mata.

Oh wait he's cup tied.

Well done Moysie.

:pac:

I did say almost but definitely not from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

aramush wrote: »
    Lads United are shocking, regardless of the Olympiacos game, if we don't win or at the very least pick up a point at OT in a few weeks then we only have ourselves to blame.

Can't believe the standard of that game tonight.

It will be there cup final though. All they have left to play for.

Apparently we are linked with that Manolas lad playing for Olympiakos. Played well tonight anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Hold off on the pity, they're still in this competition. Hopefully Man U come flying out of the traps at Old Trafford and Olympiakos can sucker punch them on the break.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Should have started Mata.

Oh wait he's cup tied.

Well done Moysie.

:pac:

nearly time to start David Moyes bingo....

The Full house is

"We played really well"
    "We missed out on a bit of luck"
    "We're not out of this"
    "Hope we can win it"
    "I thought we were the better team"

Hold off on the pity, they're still in this competition. Hopefully Man U come flying out of the traps at Old Trafford and Olympiakos can sucker punch them on the break.

Well at least they will have to come out and go 100% in the 2nd leg. Hopefully expend a lot of energy in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sheffield Utd won again tonight, Coady played the full game. Nigel Clough has done well with them since taking over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement