Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So anway back to this being a Liverpool thread..Southampton away do we think Brendan has learned anything from the last two games against them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Whoscored.com's European TOTW:

BhUnhK6CIAErZQu.jpg:large

eh why is sturridge in midfield with a 9.4 ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Let's be honest Liverpool fans are enjoying uniteds failing as much or even more than their own clubs relative success this season. It's fair enough, you just don't like being called out on it which is also fair enough. I should have k.own better then to comment on it.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

nullzero wrote: »
    Remarking on Liverpool fans obsession with united. I really shouldn't have bothered.

Well I guess it would be nice
    If I could touch your body
    I know not everybody
    Has got a body like you.
    But I've got to think twice
    Before I give my heart away
    And I know all the games you play
    Because I play them too
    Oh but I need some time off from that emotion
    Time to pick my heart up off the floor
    And when that love comes down without devotion
    Well it takes a strong man baby 
    But I'm showing you the door'
    Cause I gotta have faith...
    Baby, I know you're asking me to stay
    Say please, please, please, don't go away
    You say I'm giving you the blues
    Maybe, You mean every word you say
    Can't help but think of yesterday
    And another who tied me down to lover boy rules

°°°°°

You appear to be just confusing yourself now.

Now instead of giving out about our obsession how about discussing the United match instead?

United were terrible.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mada999 wrote: »
    eh why is sturridge in midfield with a 9.4 ?!

Whoscored are closet Chelsea fans! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So anway back to this being a Liverpool thread..Southampton away do we think Brendan has learned anything from the last two games against them?

I think it's going to be a case of just trying to outscore them. We all know the weaknesses that the likes of Lallana will be able to take advantage of, you can be damn sure Rodgers knows it too. We all know Lambert is going to have a good time against Skrtel / Agger / Toure. They are definitely going to score so it's all about us getting the ball to Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge when we have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Let's be honest Liverpool fans are enjoying uniteds failing as much or even more than their own clubs relative success this season. It's fair enough, you just don't like being called out on it which is also fair enough. I should have k.own better then to comment on it.

Oh no..I'll be open and honest, I'm loving it (not quite as much as watching Liverpool doing well to be honest)

I'll enjoy it for now, Utd will be back...I have no doubt about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Absolutely I am. Sporting success is not measured in a vacuum, it's all relative. It's great to see Liverpool doing well, it's even better to see them doing significantly better than one of their biggest rivals. That's sport, that's human nature.

I'll let you know when I reach the 'pity' stage, but it might be a long time yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. I couldn't give a flying fvck about United and how badly they are doing, I care about Liverpools results and the results of the teams challenging us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

5starpool wrote: »
    5 years ago today we beat Real Madrid 1-0 at the Bernabeu.

Good times on the pitch, hopefully we can get at least a taste of that again next season.

bad and good memories for me, was in Madrid for the game and bought 2 tickets from a scouser for €100+ each for me and a mate. got to the stadium and the buzz around the place was electric.

Heading to the turnstiles and walked past the lad still selling a few tickets. My mate and i headed to the turnstiles and my mate scanned his ticket and didn't get in and got a bit of grief from the cops. My ticket scanned ok but I said fook it and went back to my mate.

went to a packed bar and watched the win

°°°°°

Absolutely I am. Sporting success is not measured in a vacuum, it's all relative. It's great to see Liverpool doing well, it's even better to see them doing significantly better than one of their biggest rivals. That's sport, that's human nature.

I'll let you know when I reach the 'pity' stage, but it might be a long time yet.

That's your nature, I've had plenty of opportunities to laugh at Liverpool over the years. The Hodgson era was a prime example, but I felt sad that a great club (albeit one I hate) was falling apart in front of my eyes and I couldn't bring myself to luxuriate in its fans misery even though it would have been incredibly easy to do so.

Glazers Out!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

We play Utd 3 days before the 2nd leg.

wonder will it influence team selection or will we just go easy on them :p

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. I couldn't give a flying fvck about United and how badly they are doing, I care about Liverpools results and the results of the teams challenging us.

I like that there is currently a 40 point swing between Liverpool and Utd in one season. I'd like it to reach 50 by the seasons end.

°°°°°

Fair enough, you involved yourself with me it wasn't the other way around.

Glazers Out!

Agueroooo wrote: »
    We play Utd 3 days before the 2nd leg.

wonder will it influence team selection or will we just go easy on them :p

:eek:

No way...foot on the throat (if we can)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Absolutely, and rub it in we will....

Posted on Facebook, sorry mods, can't resist :

Youve-Been-Hodged-Featured--639x350.jpg

Yep. Genuinely if we keep our heads and don't do anything silly we could do a Spurs on them. The pace we break at will really hurt them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Yep. Genuinely if we keep our heads and don't do anything silly we could do a Spurs on them. The pace we break at will really hurt them.

They are going to beat us and it will be painful.

spockety wrote: »

reverse jinx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Let's talk about ourselves, 3 tricky away games to come, would like Allen to in for Coutinho, we could worry them with pace especially Sterling, I think this game will be the toughest of the 3.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Youve-Been-Hodged-Featured--639x350.jpg

cat-peek-a-boo_2007095i.jpg

Gmol wrote: »
    Let's talk about ourselves, 3 tricky away games to come, would like Allen to in for Coutinho, we could worry them with pace especially Sterling, I think this game will be the toughest of the 3.

3 exciting wins from the champions elect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Let's focus on Southampton first.

• Advertisement

Moyes will probably put out a weaker team. Mata, Kagawa, Fellaini and Januzaj maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They need a cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They need a cup final.

Careful, Spurs fans will be calling us obsessed for bringing them up in an LFC thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

On a serious note, does anyone else's mind start to wonder the odd time and start daydreaming picturing Stevie G finally lift that PL trophy. Just imagine. It seems to happen to me increasingly often these days, but then I have to snap back to reality (oh there goes gravity...) and keep my expectations in check.

Quite worried about Southampton. Themselves, Arsenal and Chelsea in the 1st half at Stamford Bridge were the only teams to really stick it to us in the matches before the new year. I know we lost/drew other games but these games are the ones that stick out in my mind where we were really out shone.

I really have a lot of respect for them tbh. They've built a fantastic side and done it the 'right' way too. Wouldn't say no to a few of their players to coming Liverpool way.

On top of that this is somewhat of a 'statement' game, if ye get me? A game that if we win says a lot about our title aspirations but all too often I remember us bottling it when push comes to shove.

That being said, not getting a point away at SH this season isn't exactly a terrible result... but if we can manage to get a win well then, then I'll really start dreaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm actually beginnign to think United fans are right abotu this obsession...

It's one season. They are not going to catch us. They could well beat us at Old Trafford, but it's just another match (albeit a harder one). There are closer rivals at the moment, and that could well change next season.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

sh__93 wrote: »
    On a serious note, does anyone else's mind start to wonder the odd time and start daydreaming picturing Stevie G finally lift that PL trophy. Just imagine. It seems to happen to me increasingly often these days, but then I have to snap back to reality (oh there goes gravity...) and keep my expectations in check.

Quite worried about Southampton. Themselves, Arsenal and Chelsea in the 1st half at Stamford Bridge were the only teams to really stick it to us in the matches before the new year. I know we lost/drew other games but these games are the ones that stick out in my mind where we were really out shone.

I really have a lot of respect for them tbh. They've built a fantastic side and done it the 'right' way too. Wouldn't say no to a few of their players to coming Liverpool way.

On top of that this is somewhat of a 'statement' game, if ye get me? A game that if we win says a lot about our title aspirations but all too often I remember us bottling it when push comes to shove.

That being said, not getting a point away at SH this season isn't exactly a terrible result... but if we can manage to get a win well then, then I'll really start dreaming.

They didn't stick it to us at Anfield though. Was at that match and we were truly abysmal. Was more a case of us not showing up on the day than their excellence. They were efficient that day and that's all they needed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

after the horrific beating you dished out to arsenal i'll be disappointed if you don't give united a similar treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'm actually beginnign to think United fans are right abotu this obsession...

It's one season. They are not going to catch us. They could well beat us at Old Trafford, but it's just another match (albeit a harder one). There are closer rivals at the moment, and that could well change next season.

It's going to be a tough game. With United having nothing to play for a match against us will be their cup final this season.

mosstin wrote: »
    They didn't stick it to us at Anfield though. Was at that match and we were truly abysmal. Was more a case of us not showing up on the day than their excellence. They were efficient that day and that's all they needed to be.

Very true, we weren't helped by having 4 CB's on the pitch and we were extremely lethargic that day. Hopefully we can give a better account of ourselves on Saturday. I'd definitely take a point from that game and be happy with it - but the aim is 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

On a serious note, does anyone else's mind start to wonder the odd time and start daydreaming picturing Stevie G finally lift that PL trophy.

The sheer tidal wave of "Back on our f**king perch Alex" gifs will be incredible.

The sheer tidal wave of "Back on our f**king perch Alex" gifs will be incredible.

I dont think boards the internet would be able to cope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Will do well to get one point at Southampton, if we play like we did last Sunday

mosstin wrote: »

I thought it was more a case of them being efficient and making it extremely difficult for us to play our own game than us actually playing bad per se.
    Unlike the Hull game were we were just dreadful which is why I didn't mention them.

I only streamed the Southampton match though so granted, you'd probably have a better insight on that game than me.

If we did happen to win I'm certain that would be the day that us 'Pool fans finally broke the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

If we did happen to win I'm certain that would be the day that us 'Pool fans finally broke the internet.
    I dunno, I think that the internet has been dining on our tears for long enough now, I reckon the internet will be quiet if we ever do manage to win anything, most of the ones who remember ever winning anything will be out drunk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

That's your nature, I've had plenty of opportunities to laugh at Liverpool over the years. The Hodgson era was a prime example, but I felt sad that a great club (albeit one I hate) was falling apart in front of my eyes and I couldn't bring myself to luxuriate in its fans misery even though it would have been incredibly easy to do so.

You're too soft.

lol United

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we won the league the internet could wait 4 days until I bloody sobered up a bit.

Sadly we won't. Not this season anyhow. In order of likely finishing positions this season I'd rate us some thing like:

4th 31% chance
    3rd 28% chance
    5th 22% chance
    2nd 10% chance
    6th 4% chance
    1st 4% chance
    7th 1% chance

If we win our next 2 games though, I'll radically change that, but right now that's how I honestly feel is the rough likelihood of things.

I like to put %'s on things ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

If we won the league the internet could wait 4 days until I bloody sobered up a bit.

Sadly we won't. Not this season anyhow. In order of likely finishing positions this season I'd rate us some thing like:

4th 31% chance
    3rd 28% chance
    5th 22% chance
    2nd 10% chance
    6th 4% chance
    1st 4% chance
    7th 1% chance

If we win our next 2 games though, I'll radically change that, but right now that's how I honestly feel is the rough likelihood of things.

Your mind works in weird ways :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Your mind works in weird ways :D

Indeed it does sir, indeed it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Indeed it does sir, indeed it does.

I just noticed your sig, I kinda get the percentage thing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

With Sakho and Lucas pencilled in for a return on the 1st of march according to physio room . I would like this team to play for the run in barring injuries .

Mignolet
    Flanagan
    Agger/Skrtel
    Sakho
    Cissokho
    Gerrard/Lucas
    Allen/Henderson

Coutinho/Henderson

Suarez
    Sturrigde
    Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

4th 31% chance
    3rd 28% chance
    5th 22% chance
    2nd 10% chance
    6th 4% chance
    1st 4% chance
    7th 1% chance

FWIW, @MC_of_A, who's worth a follow, has us at 97% probability for a top-4 finish, 14% of the title, with a predicted points total of 79. It's based on a very robust statistical model that I won't even pretend to fully understand.

https://twitter.com/mc_of_a/status/437673706521776128

With Sakho and Lucas pencilled in for a return on the 1st of march according to physio room . I would like this team to play for the run in barring injuries .

Mignolet
    Flanagan
    Agger/Skrtel
    Sakho
    Cissokho
    Gerrard/Lucas
    Allen/Henderson

Coutinho/Henderson

Suarez
    Sturrigde
    Sterling

Don't think the league or our opposition will let us play that many players but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Don't think the league or our opposition will let us play that many players but it's worth a shot.

The slashes are for players who could be moved in and out of the team depending on the opposition :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bloody hell, if vertonghen is being offered a "significant" pay rise to 40k a week what the hell must he be on now?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10659714/Spurs-to-offer-Jan-Vertonghen-significant-rise-to-40k-a-week-wages-to-keep-Belgian-at-White-Hart-Lane.html

Theres a player we could do with in defence*

*may be getting ahead of myself here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement