Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

When someone makes a Sturridge goals compilation without Eminem on it, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They can and will still offer much higher wages than us.

I know I was joking if you didn't get it :)and do we really want David Moyes type players anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I know I was joking if you didn't get it :)and do we really want David Moyes type players anyway.

Juan Mata?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Isco is not signing, its Kroos who's signing.
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Its Kross...get it right ! :pac:

You're kross I said Kroos aren't you? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Would have loved Mata here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

It just shows how important the top 4 is.

We can shop at Brown Thomas instead of Penneys, we can go for the likes of Isco instead of Alberto, Hummels (hopefully) instead of Illori.

Anfield on a champions league night will be a big sell for some players too.

It really is that big of a deal to get top 4 . I mean imagine what you could buy for 16 million instead of kono from Dnipro . I'm not slagging off the player because he does look to have a lot of talent . It's just that it opens up your shopping to players who will only play in the champions league .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I certainly wouldn't say no to some of the players they have been linked with or purchased already, like Mata.

NukaCola wrote: »

I would have loved to get him to . He is a top quality player but then the question is who do you leave out if you had of got him . I think attacking wise one or two more players for the forward line and that is it sorted out . But the club also have got Assaidi and Borini to come back so it's hard to say what the opinion of BR is on the attacking side of things .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I've been shouting for Isco for months now the guys not getting games in Madrid and he is the prefect longterm replacement for Gerrard. I can't see it happening but we can dream.

I don't think there is such thing as a replacement for Gerrard.

Gerrard has played in various positions over the years, DM being the latest, that it's very hard to say any player could come in and do likewise.

billy2012 wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't say no to some of the players they have been linked with or purchased already, like Mata.

But did Moyes really buy Mata or did someone else at the club.

• Advertisement

It really is that big of a deal to get top 4 . I mean imagine what you could buy for 16 million instead of kono from Dnipro . I'm not slagging off the player because he does look to have a lot of talent . It's just that it opens up your shopping to players who will only play in the champions league .

Rodgers said the same after we missed out on Kono.

Said the market will be so much wider in summer and there's no guarantee we'll go back for Kono.

djPSB wrote: »
    Rodgers said the same after we missed out on Kono.

Said the market will be so much wider in summer and there's no guarantee we'll go back for Kono.

Well he does have a point especially when you can offer champions league football .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

brevity wrote: »
    Ya but Kroos will be playing LB. Keep up mike!
    Feck off!

He would only be good enough to be a backup for Cissokho (who will fight it out with Djimmi Traore as the worst LB to win a CL medal)

I completely agree but i can't see 2 young players like them wanting to spend too much time on the bench.

I wonder what will come of the Will Hughes link if we do get into the champions league.

How in the name of bejaysus can we go from talking about Isco to Will Hughes in the space of a couple of minutes.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Matuidi has extended his contract until 2018 with PSG, so we can probably rule him out now.

How in the name of bejaysus can we go from talking about Isco and Will Hughes in the space of a couple of minutes.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE !!

But did Moyes really buy Mata or did someone else at the club.

Who knows? I'd imagine once Moyes heard there was a chance of signing him he was all over it.

Who are the players you consider 'Moyes type players' that we don't want at Liverpool??

No point looking at players he bought for Everton as he had no money. Again, most of the player that have been linked with Utd, or the players they tried to buy recently are generally of a very high caliber that would be very welcome at Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

How in the name of bejaysus can we go from talking about Isco to Will Hughes in the space of a couple of minutes.

He popped into my head while thinking of players we've been linked with over the last year :)

Who knows? I'd imagine once Moyes heard there was a chance of signing him he was all over it.

Who are the players you consider 'Moyes type players' that we don't want at Liverpool??

No point looking at players he bought for Everton as he had no money. Again, most of the player that have been linked with Utd, or the players they tried to buy recently are generally of a very high caliber that would be very welcome at Liverpool.

Fair enough if we can't take Everton players into account but I would taken Coleman and Baines from the Everton players he bought.

Since only 2 players have joined Utd since he took over I would have said one was a Moyes player and one was any team in world type player.

• Advertisement

Isco, Jese and 30m and I'd talk to them.
    Colemania wrote: »
    And Alonso and Varane and......

Varane would be an incredible pick up. Varane - Sakho should be the future France NT center back pairing for the next decade.
    Nice digging Mike lad!

It helps me understand why 'The Turd' won't get off Sturridges back! It's because he's suffering from severe eggage on the face!

Seems 'The Turd' is living rent free in your mind.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Varane would be an incredible pick up. Varane - Sakho should be the future France NT center back pairing for the next decade.

Would love Varane. Don't forget Zouma, think Chelsea did very well picking him up for relatively cheap.

France have the CB's down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Next thread should be 'Pilsbury Doughboy's pre approved Liverpool related comments thread....now with no Gerald slagging and 50% lessMr Alan.'

Nuri, I did not see you coming in to defend me after this unprovoked mention of me a while back?

Do you have a vested interest here though, were you a Sturridge basher too?

Would love Varane. Don't forget Zouma, think Chelsea did very well picking him up for relatively cheap.

France have the CB's down!!

Zouma has potential, but if Sakho and Varare remain healthy, I can't see them being dislodged in the national team.

Even with CL, if Real want him and Suarez still wants to go, I hope we chance our arm at him and Isco, Jese does look good too, but I can't see them letting three players go in turn for one. Two is probably asking for too much if I'm honest. Anyway, getting ahead of myself here. Still quite confident Suarez will be at Liverpool once we secure CL football.

Nuri, I did not see you coming in to defend me after this unprovoked mention of me a while back?

I'll take that as a yes to my original comment.

No, just find it a bit weird is all, continually referring him as 'The Turd'.

Basher? I doubted him (Sturridge), yes. Injury prone and awareness I questioned heavily. There is still some truth to both those points. I'm sure you've been proven to be 100% correct on everything Liverpool related though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Matuidi has extended his contract until 2018 with PSG, so we can probably rule him out now.

Meh.. we're signing Reus anyway and playing him CM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Theres plenty to slate Moyes over, but his record in the transfer market is by and large, excellent. Look at the Efc back four for example and look what it cost him. Even at united, while he may have over paid for fellaini, he has still brought in decent players

I'll take that as a yes to my original comment.

No, just find it a bit weird is all, continually referring him as 'The Turd'.

Basher? I doubted him (Sturridge), yes. Injury prone and awareness I questioned heavily. There is still some truth to both those points. I'm sure you've been proven to be 100% correct on everything Liverpool related though.

I'm sure it's no more weird than his 'The Rodgers' schtik, I know plenty of people asked him to give that up, but unfortunately for us, he'd rather the attention that brings him.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Theres plenty to slate Moyes over, but his record in the transfer market is by and large, excellent. Look at the Efc back four for example and look what it cost him. Even at united, while he may have over paid for fellaini, he has still brought in decent players

The thing is he didn't broaden his scope when moved to United.

He had a world of players to pick from yet he turned to his old club for Fellaini and Baines at extortionate prices.

If Fellaini was the best he could do for close to £30m, it's not a good sign.

Rodgers was somewhat similar when he arrived at Liverpool with Allen and Borini.However, in Rodgers defence, the scouting system was sh1t, he was only fresh out of the Championship and Liverpool were a mid table team.

Moyes though, took over the PL champions and United's scouting system was more than adequate to allow him cast the net further than his former club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now we'll never see this at Anfield :(

405491822795791.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If we sign Isco, it straight away means the end of Suso and Alberto. Coutinho would most likely be gone too.
    Not necessarily :pac:

Suarez
    Sterling Isco Coutinho Sturridge

Gerrard
    Flanagan Sakho Skrtel Johnson
    Migs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

We'll take that as a yes so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What's the story with the one-up-manship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

darced wrote: »
    Fcuk off Sturridge

Let me guess...Lucas said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now we'll never see this at Anfield :(

405491822795791.gif

Thank christ ( the dancing that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NukaCola wrote: »

Would make me wonder how serious we were about buying him 3 years ago, seems we'd scouted and looked at him, ended up with Downing and Adam instead.

Mad article about how the Keegan Newcastle comparisons aren't really correct, we score more and leak more goals than his team.
    Why Keegan Comparisons Need Revising | Bass Tuned To Red

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Thank christ ( the dancing that is)
    Buzz_Killington.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The thing is he didn't broaden his scope when moved to United.

He had a world of players to pick from yet he turned to his old club for Fellaini and Baines at extortionate prices.

If Fellaini was the best he could do for close to £30m, it's not a good sign.

Rodgers was somewhat similar when he arrived at Liverpool with Allen and Borini.However, in Rodgers defence, the scouting system was sh1t, he was only fresh out of the Championship and Liverpool were a mid table team.

Moyes though, took over the PL champions and United's scouting system was more than adequate to allow him cast the net further than his former club.

Good point. I think like a lot of managers, in a new job they'll immediately go for a player they're aware of.

One criticism of Moyes is that he is notoriously slow to pull the trigger on a deal, he needs to be entirely certain of the player. This is evident in his habit of signing players on loan, as well as re-signing players, something he did regularly at Efc

As you say though, he'll need to broaden his scope at United. Irrespective give though, when ever he does leave, I think there'll be a better squad there then that he inherited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So we're even more gung ho than Keegan's Newcastle?

Crazier than a box of frogs, we are. Wonder will Rodgers trump his rant too? I'd love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

He signed, He played, He conquered, But more more importantly he never ever stopped running :pac:

kix7.jpg

On a more serious note.
    Can Hendo be our future liverpool captain.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

jamaamaj wrote: »
    He signed, He played, He conquered, But more more importantly he never ever stopped running :pac:

kix7.jpg

On a more serious note.
    Can Hendo be our future liverpool captain.?

That is one of the cringiest pics I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

yesno1234 wrote: »

I stole that pic from twitter,

Guess you don't like our Hendo, so sorry Sir Alex :)

That's him running on his knees

What is it about it that makes it so cringey in your opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

jamaamaj wrote: »
    I stole that pic from twitter,

Guess you don't like our Hendo, so sorry Sir Alex :)

Love Hendo, that quote is just :o though!

Milkers wrote: »
    We'll take that as a yes so :pac:

Not really, no. Bashing for me would equate to an obsessive, irrational hatred and much hyperbolic gibberish without any foundation to any of the criticism aimed at said player. Questioning Sturridge's fitness record and his tendency in the past and still at times now to go into Milan Baros Mode is a very valid point and anyone who doesn't think so, I'd seriously question their ability to judge anything football related. I'm sure one of the people who have too much time on their hands can scan back through my posts and find it, but I think I also was concerned that the style of football at the time (tiki taka michinoku football) wasn't based in getting the best out of his skill set too.

There are a few names I'm sure who think think any criticism aimed at him nowadays is deemed as bashing still. I look at it as something he can improve on and become a better player overall simply put. As I said before today, some people aren't afraid to give an opinion and be proven wrong. Not just that, but also offer a solution too. Respect to those who do that. Then there are some people who believe their crap smells like roses, despite not giving much if any of an opinion, work on blind faith quite a bit, before biting the head off anyone didn't follow suit and was proven incorrect.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Good point. I think like a lot of managers, in a new job they'll immediately go for a player they're aware of.

One criticism of Moyes is that he is notoriously slow to pull the trigger on a deal, he needs to be entirely certain of the player. This is evident in his habit of signing players on loan, as well as re-signing players, something he did regularly at Efc

As you say though, he'll need to broaden his scope at United. Irrespective give though, when ever he does leave, I think there'll be a better squad there then that he inherited

Yep but he's spent £70m. One would expect the squad to be better.

• Advertisement

Love Hendo, that quote is just :o though!

Sure it's only a bit of a larf, I'm sure it's just a quote that was inspired by the Chuck Norris quotes...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement