Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BhbGEGeCAAAnpUo.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Not really, no. Bashing for me would equate to an obsessive, irrational hatred and much hyperbolic gibberish without any foundation to any of the criticism aimed at said player. Questioning Sturridge's fitness record and his tendency in the past and still at times now to go into Milan Baros Mode is a very valid point and anyone who doesn't think so, I'd seriously question their ability to judge anything football related. I'm sure one of the people who have too much time on their hands can scan back through my posts and find it, but I think I also was concerned that the style of football at the time (tiki taka michinoku football) wasn't based in getting the best out of his skill set too.

There are a few names I'm sure who think think any criticism aimed at him nowadays is deemed as bashing still. I look at it as something he can improve on and become a better player overall simply put. As I said before today, some people aren't afraid to give an opinion and be proven wrong. Not just that, but also offer a solution too. Respect to those who do that. Then there are some people who believe their crap smells like roses, despite not giving much if any of an opinion, work on blind faith quite a bit, before biting the head off anyone didn't follow suit and was proven incorrect.

I'm guessing the last bit is a not too subtle dig at me, for the record it was actually Mike who dug up all those quotes about Sturridge not me, I merely commented on it that's all. You seemed to be offended by that for some reason and made a snide remark to me, bit of a cliquey type thing that happens round here alot but whatever.

The point is you're correct in what you're saying about giving opinions and then being made look silly, it can happen to anyone and I've been guilty of it myself (thought Moses would do well) lots of people called Sturridge wrong, no problem, lots of people have since admitted they were completely wrong about it, grand, there are a couple of people (not you) who do have that irrational obsessive hatred that you mentioned towards Sturridge still to this day and refuse to give the lad any sort of credit and will nit pick at any missed chance he has, that's what winds me up and that's a bit different than saying I just bite the head off anyone that critiques Sturridge.

I don't think I've ever said anything to you regards Sturridge bashing, I generally enjoy your posts, you have good knowledge of plenty of leagues, I've no beef with you, just thought your first comment to me earlier was unnecessary.

Yours Sincerely

'The Doughboy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »

Yup. First thing I've agreed with on here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Not really, no. Bashing for me would equate to an obsessive, irrational hatred and much hyperbolic gibberish without any foundation to any of the criticism aimed at said player. Questioning Sturridge's fitness record and his tendency in the past and still at times now to go into Milan Baros Mode is a very valid point and anyone who doesn't think so, I'd seriously question their ability to judge anything football related. I'm sure one of the people who have too much time on their hands can scan back through my posts and find it, but I think I also was concerned that the style of football at the time (tiki taka michinoku football) wasn't based in getting the best out of his skill set too.
    Hyperbolic gibberish you say?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82007918&postcount=3526
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82193350&postcount=5950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lads, could ya quit bringing up posts from 2 f*cking years ago

Its not big or cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pighead wrote: »

You have to give some context to quotes in fairness, and Nuri has responded to why he had those views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lads, could ya quit bringing up posts from 2 f*cking years ago

Its not big or cool.
    Sorry.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81837138&postcount=831

Pighead wrote: »

Pighead, Ade knew he could depend on you.

edit - Ade thinks 6 mins is too slow to trawl through googled eyes posts as well.

Was expecting a wonderfully witty reply from aul Pighead by now, but alas, Ade is left disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Can Hendo be our future liverpool captain.?

Possibly, but I'd rather have someone that gets a bit more stuck in and doesn't go missing when things are going badly in a game. Love his energy and its great to see a midfielder making runs into the box, with a bit more composure he could get 10 goals a season. But at the moment I don't see a future club captain.

• Advertisement

mav79 wrote: »
    Possibly, but I'd rather have someone that gets a bit more stuck in and doesn't go missing when things are going badly in a game. Love his energy and its great to see a midfielder making runs into the box, with a bit more composure he could get 10 goals a season. But at the moment I don't see a future club captain.

He's a leader on the pitch but as you say he can go missing. But then again so does our present captain.

You never know how things will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I cant see Henderson as a future captain at all but he's proved me wrong before.

Everybody likes Sturridge now, so just leave it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm sure it's no more weird than his 'The Rodgers' schtik, I know plenty of people asked him to give that up, but unfortunately for us, he'd rather the attention that brings him.

The Goalkeeper
    The Belgian One

The Defence
    The Mathematician The Skittle D'Agger The Model

The Midfield
    The Stevie G
    The Hair The Count

The Forwards
    The Studge The Wiz
    The Wild One

The Manager
    The Rodgers

The Band
    The The

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

There really is no standout option to replace Gerrard as captain. Suarez if he's still at the club, but outside of that it's hard to pick one. Maybe someone like Sakho in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I cant see Henderson as a future captain at all but he's proved me wrong before.

Everybody likes Sturridge now, so just leave it be.

I won't even mention what I came out with when we signed Sturridge.

Oh lawwwrrrrrrrdd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Anyone hear " Off The Ball " tonight between 7/8 pm . Was sitting in the car , the son was footy training in the rain :eek:

The Utd trolling was just magic , i never laughed so much ..... Texts coming into the show

" Im a utd fan 20 yrs and im seriously thinking of not following them any-more cos of Moyes " lol The lads were lapping it up big-time ..

http://newstalk.ie/player/shows/Off_The_Ball/10/8014/26th_February_2014_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

...........And before those goody two shoes ( don't slag utd boys ) come along ,

Don't bother ... i enjoyed it !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh lawwwrrrrrrrdd.

I think I vaguely remember it :pac:

Oh lawwwrrrrrrrdd.

Wasn't keen on him myself, I thought he came across very arrogant and selfish. Oh and I hated the;
    danny-sturridge-dance-o.gif

I still rate babel very highly,he has not got a consistant run of games to prove himself I put my life on it he proves what a talent he is once he gets out of liverpool

Thank your comment.

Stargate wrote: »
    Anyone hear " Off The Ball " tonight between 7/8 pm . Was sitting in the car , the son was footy training in the rain :eek:

The Utd trolling was just magic , i never laughed so much ..... Texts coming into the show

" Im a utd fan 20 yrs and im seriously thinking of not following them any-more cos of Moyes " lol The lads were lapping it up big-time ..

http://newstalk.ie/player/shows/Off_The_Ball/10/8014/26th_February_2014_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

...........And before those goody two shoes ( don't slag utd boys ) come along ,

i-had-my-fun.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I wasn't keen on Sturridge myself I have to admit, though certainly I wasn't on the extreme end of the scale. I seem to remember mentions of chasing FSG out with pitchforks (can't remember who, but must have been a red neck with the pitchfork reference :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Wasn't keen on him myself, I thought he came across very arrogant and selfish. Oh and I hated the;
    danny-sturridge-dance-o.gif

Do you still hate the dance? :pac:

Ah no, I couldn't possibly and bar the odd bit of selfishness, he's actually a likeable player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stargate wrote: »

Listen to talksport from last night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Listen to talksport from last night :D

Listening to Talksport and 5 Live(not boards one :)) for the last 2 days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It seems that after spending so much time together in this thread all yer periods have synchronized...it's the only explanation for all todays pre-menstrual posting.

You're on Sky Sports used to be a barrel of laughs and facepalms for post-match fan reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

You're on Sky Sports used to be a barrel of laughs and facepalms for post-match fan reaction.

The today fm call in on Saturdays used to always be a belter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LiamoSail wrote: »

The bloke that presents it now,Johnny Somethingorother does my head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Best part of the show, especially when the presenter started arguing with them if he thought their opinion was stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This Bojan Krkic link has hit the mainstream media with the Mirror running it - 5 million.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

mike65 wrote: »
    This Bojan Krkic link has hit the mainstream media with the Mirror running it - 5 million.

Must be true then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Listening to Talksport and 5 Live(not boards one :)) for the last 2 days :D

Those 2 guys on at 10 really don't like Liverpool or maybe it's the bet they did with having to shave head if Liverpool finish in top 4 this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The bloke that presents it now,Johnny Somethingorother does my head in.

Can't any harder on the ears than Moicheal Moic Mullenn.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Those 2 guys on at 10 really don't like Liverpool or maybe it's the bet they did with having to shave head if Liverpool finish in top 4 this season

I'll shave my head as well if Liverpool finish in the top 4. I'll also shave it if they finish out of it, mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

djPSB wrote: »
    Can't any harder on the ears than Moicheal Moic Mullenn.

Jonny Lyons would blow the head of you. Shouting at speed does not make for a good radio presenter

We should bid 15M for Valencia while we're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Sure why not chuck in 14 million for Young while we're at it!

Cheaper than Isco. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

You'd buy the club for that, never mind the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Surprised he's only 23, seems like he has been around longer. Could be worse ways to spend 5 million if we needed attacking squad players, but we don't, so no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

If he was available for 5M, I would be happy to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'd rather we went for Fischer. Love that guy.

He's not been great this season, though, but he's still very young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'd rather we went for Fischer. Love that guy.

He's not been great this season, though, but he's still very young.

He won't leave for another couple of years I reckon, neither should he.

I hope we stay away from Bojan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bojan is an average 'might have been'. I would sincerely hope we intend to aim much, much higher in the transfer market this summer.

£5m for Boojam?

Rip off. They were giving them out for free in Galway last Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

billy2012 wrote: »
    If he was available for 5M, I would be happy to sign him.

For yourself and not Liverpool i hope. Have you watched him in the last two years. Watched a lot of Ajax-Salzburg last week and my god the lad was a disaster, wouldnt get a game for Man Utd bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Bojan is an average 'might have been'. I would sincerely hope we intend to aim much, much higher in the transfer market this summer.

the same was said about Coutinho before we signed him. a loan spell and then looked set to rot in the reserves at inter. hell we could also say the same for Danny couldnt we.

if it was 5 million and his wages where "back up striker" type wages then id be over the moon with this deal. Bojan and Borini as our back up to suarez and sturridge next season.

when our squad is big enough we can start spending huge amounts on one player again but until then we need gems. even if it doesnt work out he still costs less than aspas and borini. so if it didnt work out we wouldnt lose much if anything in his resale

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Whispers of Thomas Vermaelen to LFC going around this morning. An upgrade on Agger?

On a side note, any update on Messrs Lucas and Sakho ahead of the trip to Southampton? With those 2 playing, I'd be a lot more confident.

actually if they are looking to get rid of him and so eager for him to keep going out on loan why not just do one of those loan with an option to buy deals. i know many will think it didnt work with cisokho and moses but id argue that it worked perfectly with them.

both moses and cisokho where very highly rated at one stage or another. we brought them in with the latter having an option to buy clause. but its more like an option not to buy clause if anything. we signed them for virtually nothing plus their wages and in return we got to test drive them and see if they where good enough. they are not good enough for our first team so we now know they arent worth more than a few million each (to us). the same could be done with Bojan. bring him in on loan with an option to buy. if he is good enough give them whatever the clause we negotiate is. if he isnt good enough we dont have to keep him and we wont have spent the 5 million to bring him in. we would just end up paying his wages for a year and buying him would have us do that anyway. now if only we can agree that loan with an option for ronaldo and messi

Whispers of Thomas Vermaelen to LFC going around this morning. An upgrade on Agger?

On a side note, any update on Messrs Lucas and Sakho ahead of the trip to Southampton? With those 2 playing, I'd be a lot more confident.

verm seems to have lost his place in the squad let alone the team at arsenal. there must be a reason for it. arsenal fans are even confused by it. it must be injuries that have lost him his place. i wouldnt be too happy with signing him

loan with an option???:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement