Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

A pair of samba's with that material would be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Liverpool have announced a charity game to mark the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough Disaster
    Club legend Kenny Dalglish will manage the 'Home' team while an 'International XI' will be in the care of former Reds boss Gerard Houllier.

Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and Jamie Carragher are among the home starters while Jan Molby, Dietmar Hamann, Vladimir Smicer and Luis Garcia are confirmed for the 'visitors'.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9187051/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

brevity wrote: »
    It's all well and good finding diamonds in the rough, but sooner or later we need to get out of the ditch and start buying proper players.

Bojan is more a turd in a toilet. You can shine him up, he'll still be a turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Luis-Suarez-Adidas-Knitted-Boots-3187712.jpg

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

A turtyturd?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bojan Smells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gafferino wrote: »
    Luis-Suarez-Adidas-Knitted-Boots-3187712.jpg

"I'm tired of leaning, it makes me hungry. I'd love a bite..."

All our games are live on Sky every weekend in April. All on Sundays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So Sky are betting that our run in will be the most exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:(

Unless they are 1.30 ko i will be recording and watching later.:(:(

I hate trying not to listen to the radio and not answering calls or texts:mad:

But we seem to win when i cant watch on Sundays:)

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If we finish off strong this season then we will, in some ways, be back to the summer of 2009 a half decade later. Having enjoyed a massively promising season but with structural deficiencies in a squad screaming out for a big investment in order to push on to the next level. The current transfer policy is acceptable without the additional CL revenue, it is not acceptable when that barrier to attracting top shelf players is removed.
    I agree with you, Lloyd, but i just cant see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

So Sky are betting that our run in will be the most exciting.

Probably more to do with Liverpool being one of the most supported teams in the world and are currently doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Probably more to do with Liverpool being one of the most supported teams in the world and are currently doing well.

Perhaps...more likely though, that its to do with the average goals per game in matches we've played this season

It's all about product with sky

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Travel confirmed now for the Chelsea game.

Hopefully the *subject to movement for CL games* thing doesn't happen. Hopefully they will be knocked out of the CL before then.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Nah, they're hoping that we keep scoring goals up top and are leaky as a sieve at the back.

They want 4-3 thrillers to push up the ratings by the end of the season.

5starpool wrote: »
    Travel confirmed now for the Chelsea game.

Hopefully the *subject to movement for CL games* thing doesn't happen. Hopefully they will be knocked out of the CL before then.

For purely selfish reasons I hope Chelsea are in CL and FA Cup right to the end....if only to tire them out in the run in (sorry! :D)

Sakho's back training :)

475256571-brendan-rodgers-manager-of-liverpool-talks-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QSOM8tP6J2ICrb4GXMN9LTi8Ep027V6%2f0DF%2fuJ8caxMYhbSJf50vwNVfCtO1Z1X%2fdg%3d%3d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sakho likely back for the Utd game.

that'll do.

For purely selfish reasons I hope Chelsea are in CL and FA Cup right to the end....if only to tire them out in the run in (sorry! :D)

Nah, I want them to get hammered in a demoralising fashion by Real or Bayern in the quarters. Real would be especially satisfying seeing as it's Mourinho.

Barring that, we can maybe just agree that they can still be in it then, but play the Wednesday afterwards, not the Tuesday, so that our league game is still on but still don't win the thing.

I hate to break it to you though, but Chelsea are our of the FA Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The two boys checking out sedgyfergo on snapchat by the look of things

5starpool wrote: »
    Nah, I want them to get hammered in a demoralising fashion by Real or Bayern in the quarters. Real would be especially satisfying seeing as it's Mourinho.

Barring that, we can maybe just agree that they can still be in it then, but play the Wednesday afterwards, not the Tuesday, so that our league game is still on but still don't win the thing.

I hate to break it to you though, but Chelsea are our of the FA Cup.

Ah crap ....:o forgot that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just not 'The Turd'. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

D'Agger wrote: »

Ah in fairness she only had a picture of a bottle of blue wkd on her snapchat this morning ! It was abit heartbreaking !

DTS is training with the first team, looks like he determined to make an impression!

475256491-kolo-toure-and-daniel-trickett-smith-of-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVfOG4tRJxHaWyPFYWM5THEXDcEIJlGj1VmpPJWHKZya6PHK76LntruWKIg9TYXv6A%3d%3d

475256503-martin-kelly-and-daniel-trickett-smith-of-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qd6cC%2fT7C8q%2b%2fx4gDsKE50ZnaRVIM2auvcDTvvTCD2s%2bj4er9%2f6Ks8FsMYvninlvqQ%3d%3d

475256519-raheem-sterling-and-daniel-trickett-smith-of-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QcPOFGdPNga6Df40mnceBsfoPz2dOY8sw%2fxaPxdY9SL1kEvNIYrekVrldYg3QqR%2few%3d%3d

D'Agger wrote: »

Just googled sedgyfergo

guy-takes-off-ones-set-of-sunglasses-but-has-a-second-set-on-aswell.gif

edit : NSFW - Although I thought the gif was enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

5live wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:(

Unless they are 1.30 ko i will be recording and watching later.:(:(

I hate trying not to listen to the radio and not answering calls or texts:mad:

But we seem to win when i cant watch on Sundays:)

2 of the matches pencilled in for 2.05pm KO, 1 at 4pm and 1 at 12pm. Link here from liverpoolffc.com

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/156219-four-april-fixture-changes-confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just googled sedgyfergo

guy-takes-off-ones-set-of-sunglasses-but-has-a-second-set-on-aswell.gif

Damn it people... a bit of warning. Some of us are in work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saw us linked with Hoffenheim's Roberto Firmino on the Guardian today - anyone?

He could literally sitting beside me and I literally wouldn't know him tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Ah he should ring up his grandmother and ask her to make him a pair .

Tut..tut......our Luis is so good he knitted them himself
    ulqe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Johnson, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling and Sturridge all named in the England squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Beaten finalists in both.

Beaten finalists in both.

I'll give you 1000/1 odds for that to happen this season, or I'll run naked up and down outside the GPO for an hour in the middle of the day if it does. Your choice.

;)

Blondie919 wrote: »
    2 of the matches pencilled in for 2.05pm KO, 1 at 4pm and 1 at 12pm. Link here from liverpoolffc.com

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/156219-four-april-fixture-changes-confirmed
    Well you're as good....and your hair is as curly:D

Phew, only one unsociable sunday so.

Many thanks, Blondie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

8 of our next 9 matches are on sky

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'd trade it all just for them to show the Cardiff game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Cartman78 wrote: »

Various papers in Liverpool and Germany running stories on this too.
    Apparently zenit are in for him also.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/26/liverpool-make-roberto-firmino-one-of-their-top-summer-transfer-targets-4323098/

He's having a great season in Germany with 11 goals and 8 assists from Midfield.

Not a fan of Sunday matches. Always playing catchup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'd trade it all just for them to show the Cardiff game though.

Its on Setanta - Saturday 3pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ah in fairness she only had a picture of a bottle of blue wkd on her snapchat this morning ! It was abit heartbreaking !

She was in Thurles last night at Lar Corbett's bar. A few of my friends went in for a look. There was some awful video's this morning. Her naked standing on a couch and about 50 lads standing around videoing her. Weird enough, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

hefferboi wrote: »
    She was in Thurles last night at Lar Corbett's bar. A few of my friends went in for a look. There was some awful video's this morning. Her naked standing on a couch and about 50 lads standing around videoing her. Weird enough, though.

Random comments! Who is she anyway, what's her 15 minutes of fame about?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

rarnes1 wrote: »

I'm in two minds about them.

On one hand we know what we need to do, capitalize on mistakes made or keep pace with teams that have won; could be great motivation for the team.

On the other hand, our Sunday results are not really putting the teams under pressure as there would generally be a whole week until the next game, giving them plenty of time to prepare.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So I should wait for the girl that sits behind me in work to do a legger before looking up sedgyfergo?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    So I should wait for the girl that sits behind me in work to do a legger before looking up sedgyfergo?

Might be a good idea:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

K-9 wrote: »
    Random comments! Who is she anyway, what's her 15 minutes of fame about?

She gets her diddlers out on snapchat.

But you also know what you have to do.

Sure some of those games are against our rivals anyway, so we don't be behind at all...

Cartman78 wrote: »

Very good player who's continued to impress this season scoring at an consistent rate for a massively inconsistent club. That alone is the difference between him and Coutinho, Firmino knows how to find the back of the net. I'm not sure if he's that much of a step up on our Brazilian in other areas though, but I'd be confident a a Roma or Atleti type club will sign him in the future, probably this summer.

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

hefferboi wrote: »

Ah in fairness you still would though !! I don't know anyone who wouldn't !

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »

Saw that earlier. No quotes, so figured they were just putting two and two together with the Swansea link and Cardiff in real danger of being relegated. Won't say I've seen much of Cardiff this season (a few times at a push), but the Caulker at Swansea looked a very, very good player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement