Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Saw that earlier. No quotes, so figured they were just putting two and two together with the Swansea link and Cardiff in real danger of being relegated. Won't say I've seen much of Cardiff this season (a few times at a push), but the Caulker at Swansea looked a very, very good player.
    I always feel a bit nervous being linked with defenders for clubs in the relegation zone but Caulker looks decent anytime I've seen him.

Still, the question remains, if he wasn't good enough to stay on at Spurs, then where would he fit in for us? We have Ilori & Wisdom as two up and coming CBs, no need to spend money needlessly, I'd prefer to see it spent on a RB or LB

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

D'Agger wrote: »
    I always feel a bit nervous being linked with defenders for clubs in the relegation zone but Caulker looks decent anytime I've seen him.

Still, the question remains, if he wasn't good enough to stay on at Spurs, then where would he fit in for us? We have Ilori & Wisdom as two up and coming CBs, no need to spend money needlessly, I'd prefer to see it spent on a RB or LB

I wouldn't worry about it too much. He was only coming through the Spurs ranks with a host of experienced center backs in his way. I remember they had King, Dawson, Kaboul, Bassong, Woodgate/Nelsen, Gallas and Corluka on their books at one stage.

I don't think I'm alone in saying I'm unsure if Ilori or Wisdom will be given a proper chance alongside Sakho to form a partnership next season. Probably a year out both are. I myself wouldn't mind if they were given a chance, but I expect at least one CB to come in to replace Agger and/or Skrtel. It's hard one to call tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Johnson, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling and Sturridge all named in the England squad.

He called up 4 keepers for one friendly v denmark! Hodge that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ah in fairness you still would though !! I don't know anyone who wouldn't !

Oh, I definitely would ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

For anybody that intrested.

U21's playing Wolves at 7pm

Team - Merson - Sama, Paez, Jones, Maguire - Rossiter, Lussey - Dunn, Brannigan, Peterson - Bijev.

Subs - Sokolik, Firth, Chirivella, Williams, Sinclair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Looking forward to collecting my winnings (injury permitting) on Hendo making the England squad for the euros. Should be a shoe in to start anyhow shunning the ridiculous 7/2 I got in October/November:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll shave my head as well if Liverpool finish in the top 4. I'll also shave it if they finish out of it, mind.
    5starpool wrote: »
    I'll give you 1000/1 odds for that to happen this season, or I'll run naked up and down outside the GPO for an hour in the middle of the day if it does. Your choice.

;)

LoL 5star , Naked and Bald , way to go my man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

jamaamaj wrote: »
    For anybody that intrested.

U21's playing Wolves at 7pm

Team - Merson - Sama, Paez, Jones, Maguire - Rossiter, Lussey - Dunn, Brannigan, Peterson - Bijev.

Subs - Sokolik, Firth, Chirivella, Williams, Sinclair.

Is Alex O'Hanlon anywhere near the U-21 squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HT 1-0 Dunn da dunn Dunn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Looking forward to collecting my winnings (injury permitting) on Hendo making the England squad for the euros. Should be a shoe in to start anyhow shunning the ridiculous 7/2 I got in October/November:cool:

He is defo gonna be in the squad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Konoplyanka on 3e v Spurs now.

3-1 Lussey following an OG caused by Jack Dunns cross.

Konoplyanka on 3e v Spurs now.

and on ITV HD of course (if you want to actually see the ball)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mike65 wrote: »

Is the eyesight beginning to wane with the old age Mike?

mike65 wrote: »

4-0 now, Rossiter

djPSB wrote: »
    Is the eyesight beginning to wane with the old age Mike?

Heh pesky kids! How anyone can watch TV3 and not smash the screen in beats me!

Liverpool U21s 4-0 up Rossiter with a screamer.

Is Alex O'Hanlon anywhere near the U-21 squad?

He's still playing for the U18's,

He was called up for Ireland under 19's to play Romania in Cork on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Even our U-21s are Sloppy at the Back.

Must be Contagious. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We want Spurs to go through here?

I was reading last night that this week off advnatge seems a bit of a myth. Nearly all our poor results came after a week break!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Even our U-21s are Sloppy at the Back.

Must be Contagious. :mad:

Lloyd Jones looks solid at the back and one to watch for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Dunn with another Sturridge-moment there.

This is not the 1st Time, I've seen him Shoot a Hail Mary, instead of passing to a Teammate in a Better Position.

Anyway, comfortable Win for our U-21s. Though we have to Clean-up our Sloppiness at the Back, it's becoming Habit-forming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

K-9 wrote: »
    I was reading last night that this week off advnatge seems a bit of a myth. Nearly all our poor results came after a week break!

It could really **** us up imo. I know its Utd and everyone should be up for it but I feel Brendan will need to have their heads bang on form going into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

K-9 wrote: »
    We want Spurs to go through here?

Would say yeah. They look terrible this evening tho. Just diagonal hit and hopes all game. Look like a bunch of shapers tbh. Cut back after cut back..very frustrating to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

. Cut back after cut back..very frustrating to watch

Sherwood obviously got his degree in managerology from playing pro evo.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sherwood obviously got his degree in managerology from playing pro evo.

Was thinking This is Football was more Sherwoods era...

...2-0 agg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Spurs are absolute muck. Totally clueless tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like Spurs are heading out. Was hoping they would be kept occupied in the Europa League for a while longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kono hits post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kono hits the list, he will fit just right in at Anfield.

What an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

We do want Spurs through don't we? Let them get bogged down in this cup by all means.

We do want Spurs through don't we? Let them get bogged down in this cup by all means.

On they march..mwhahaha

That Adebayor celebration is annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nice......

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Jeez there are some sensitive souls in here going around digging up past posts about other users, and then can't take it when past posts are highlighted about what they themselves said.

#freeNuri

Eriksen is such a class act. Sherwood really seems to have freed him from the shackles of AVB lump ball and he seems to be relishing his free role. For me, I think he's an even better option than Coutinho through the middle.

• Advertisement

Kono is nearly expected to do it all himself in the final and second third of the pitch.

if he played in our side and was tasked with getting free and doing all the damage in short spurts I think he would do very very well.

akin to what Hazard is expected to do at Chelsea.

he is gonna be hot property but come the summer

lets hope its just a case of jotting 't's and transferring cash.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Jeez there are some sensitive souls in here going around digging up past posts about other users, and then can't take it when past posts are highlighted about what they themselves said.

#freeNuri

You have this cryptic posting style nailed man!

You have this cryptic posting style nailed man!

The higher the kite the mucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Soldado at Spurs looks nearly as bad as Torres at Chelsea in his first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Eriksen is such a class act. Sherwood really seems to have freed him from the shackles of AVB lump ball and he seems to be relishing his free role. For me, I think he's an even better option than Coutinho through the middle.

Eriksen would of been class for us, such a talent and yes, I too would have him in ahead of Coutinho. (AM).

• Advertisement

Would you do a straight swap with Spurs right here right now?

Personally, no way would I. Coutinho when on song is devestating going forward and a pest with his pressing and general buzzing around, I couldn't see Eriksen putting in the same kind of shifts and on the creative side I doubt he'd be as effective as Coutinho, he looks good but I'm not fully convinced tbh.

Spurs next round game is 3 days before they come to Anfield.

What team furthest away from London is in the next round ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

They are playing benfica in the next round .

Wouldn't be at all put off about Kono. He looks a really clever player in a determined but technically mediocre team. I think he would fit right in with us and would link up brilliantly with our lads.

Would you do a straight swap with Spurs right here right now?

Personally, no way would I. Coutinho when on song is devestating going forward and a pest with his pressing and general buzzing around, I couldn't see Eriksen putting in the same kind of shifts and on the creative side I doubt he'd be as effective as Coutinho, he looks good but I'm not fully convinced tbh.
    I dunno, Eriksen seems to have more consistency about him.

Wouldn't be at all put off about Kono. He looks a really clever player in a determined but technically mediocre team. I think he would fit right in with us and would link up brilliantly with our lads.

He hasn't done himself any harm the past two games.

But I fear his stock/price has gone up due to more competition. ..we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

We arent playing them the week of a europa round

Totally agree. Rarely did anything wrong. Tracked back and kept possesion under extreme pressure on so many occasions. Gave as much as he received too.Put him in a better side and he would excel.

On spurs, they absolutely love using their arms to fend off players. For big lads, dembele and sandro were constantly at it. Feel they got away with a lot tonight But sure happy days I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

2EMfSUd.png,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

^
    Too right. Reina should not be allowed back after his behaviour with his "open letter" . He showed no respect to the club that treated him so well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement