Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'll say one thing for certain.

Brendan is " The Gaffer "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is it not a bit odd that the letter was posted on the official website if Brendan didn't approve of its content?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

djPSB wrote: »
    Is it not a bit odd that the letter was posted on the official website if Brendan didn't approve of its content?

Why wouldn't he approve it anyway?

Edit: It was his own website so nevermind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He is talking about it being posted on Reina's own website not the Liverpool one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Today U21s win puts the side second in the league with one game in hand over City (3rd on g/d) and two games over the rest at the top end, win those games and Liverpool will be in with a great chance to win the league.

BhgmhC7CQAAeXh2.jpg

Another reason to look for a top 4 finish (or better) is that the kids will be playing a decent number of extra games at a significantly higher level. I'd fancy our best to acquit themselves pretty well.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Jeez there are some sensitive souls in here going around digging up past posts about other users, and then can't take it when past posts are highlighted about what they themselves said.

#freeNuri
    Do not discuss site-banned users or any other modding matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

mike65 wrote: »
    Today U21s win puts the side second in the league with one game in hand over City (2nd) and two games over the rest at the top end, win those games and Liverpool will be in with a great chance to win the league.
    Considering the age of some of the players, it's frightening just how good some of them could become. Rossiter already looks far too good for the team and he's just 16. Jones has really become a lynch pin at the back, and for an 18 year, he's already built like a tank. Brannagan annoyed me a bit in his first few games for us, but in the last couple of games, he has been absolutely class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Considering the age of some of the players, it's frightening just how good some of them could become. Rossiter already looks far too good for the team and he's just 16. Jones has really become a lynch pin at the back, and for an 18 year, he's already built like a tank. Brannagan annoyed me a bit in his first few games for us, but in the last couple of games, he has been absolutely class.

Cameron Brannigan annoyed you? How?

Anyway, Brannigan is one of the most Comfortable-looking with the Ball, among our Players in the U-21s. Doesn't seem to be Fazed, when he's dealing with Pressure.

Not to mention, he seems to always Pop-up at the right moment.

I liked him, the First-time I've seen him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Thanks for the memories Pepe but last season you were a liability, time to move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

liked the press talk in general.

Why cant we all talk like grown ups about Pepe?

Pepe thought he was going to Barca, it didnt happen. Its all a bit awkward.

Id have him back no worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

liked the press talk in general.

Why cant we all talk like grown ups about Pepe?

Pepe thought he was going to Barca, it didnt happen. Its all a bit awkward.

Id have him back no worries
    I wouldn't, thanks for the memories Pepe, but time to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Delighted to see BR's approach to finally put an end to the saga,
    As much as i liked Reina over the 8 or so years he was at Liverpool,
    His last two were "lets say a good bit forgettable"

After he pushed for a move out of Liverpool, That was the beginning of the end of his Liverpool career.
    And his Jay Z style open letter :D was the final nail in the coffin' in it.

As said already thanks for all the wonderful memories pepe and especially that day when you ran the lenght of the entire field to celebrate with young N'Gog after he scored against that shower.

5i3u.jpg

Pepe for me has shaded Grobelaar as our best keeper ever ...and as for saying things in the press, ehm Suarez for those of you with short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Pepe for me has shaded Grobelaar as our best keeper ever ...and as for saying things in the press, ehm Suarez for those of you with short memories.

Well now if Pepe could improve on his goal return, I then might forgive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

eh....Doni?

seriously though nowhere near.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We need an upgrade on Brad Jones and Pepe would be perfect competition for Mignolet. If he wants to come back offer him a new lower paid contract, if he doesn't want it, ship him out.

You DO you know Doni is at home wondering why those Irish smartarses are still going on about him.

He maybe counting his cash and laughing, which makes me feel a bit better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Doni was a misunderstood genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hypocrisy in modern football doesn't need a short memory.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Eriksen is such a class act. Sherwood really seems to have freed him from the shackles of AVB lump ball and he seems to be relishing his free role. For me, I think he's an even better option than Coutinho through the middle.

He's a bit inconsistent. Much like Coutinho is to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A team of Donis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'The Rodgers' probably should have ignored the question about Reina or at least given a more diplomatic answer...that just comes across as him being petty. Although it could just be the usual papers giving it a slant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Speaking of short memories...

79.JPG

Reina was a top bloke and a great keeper for us. But wanted to leave and the club were in a situation to upgrade, which they did, for better wage etc. They couldn't do that for Suarez, or possibly even replace him so they held firm.

Would i like Reina back? Sure.....however these past few years have turned some football fans into accountants and i am no different. His wages cannot be ignored, are too high for a backup, and could probably be used better somewhere else in the team.

In conclusion, Reina, top bloke, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

He's a bit inconsistent. Much like Coutinho is to be fair.

Eriksen has been a flop, i wouldnt dream of swapping Coutinho for him!

the kelt wrote: »

He hasn't been a flop.

Quality player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Under AVB he was a flop, but he's been very good since Sherwood gave him a steady run.

As for Lamela... :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i have to disagree with you there, he's shown really good promise this season.

Eriksen has been a flop

Written like a person who hasn't seen him play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

First season in the PL and he has looked fairly assured to me, and shows promise that he can only get better. What was he signed for again, 11m?

Great value.

Anyway, we'll just have to sign Konoplyanka in the summer :p
    - - - - -

Evening game tomorrow night, and it should be a bloody tough one. I'll be honest, I'm not really expecting more than a draw. Thoughts?

Knex. wrote: »
    Evening game tomorrow night, and it should be a bloody tough one. I'll be honest, I'm not really expecting more than a draw. Thoughts?

Not confident but we are more than capable of beating them if we click early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Draw for me, Southampton are our bogey team, if we get anything more than a point my hopes will be raised far too high! Am worried that they could maul us in midfield though and give us a good hiding , just as they did last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus, I think you are all being very harsh on Pepe.

That letter seems fairly inconspicuous to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

For the price Eriksen was bought for (i think maybe closer to 7 or 8 million) and for his age I think he has performed very well. I don't think we need him, especially if we're in the Champions league, as we'll be aiming higher but it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to sell for 20 million in a few seasons.

Would have loved Matuidi so it's unfortunate he signed that new contract.... I was just looking at his stats in the Champions League and I think he had the second joint highest pass success rate and he has 3 or 4 assists. Not too bad for a defensive mid! Van der Wiel has 4 assists also which I found surprising as I didn't think he was first choice. Jallet was maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'The Rodgers' probably should have ignored the question about Reina or at least given a more diplomatic answer...that just comes across as him being petty. Although it could just be the usual papers giving it a slant.

Completely agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Colemania wrote: »
    For the price Eriksen was bought for (i think maybe closer to 7 or 8 million) and for his age I think he has performed very well. I don't think we need him, especially if we're in the Champions league, as we'll be aiming higher but it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to sell for 20 million in a few seasons.

I'm telling y'all, Davy Klaassen is the next guy to look at in that mould. Mentioned him here yesterday then he scored in the EL again last night. Summer 2015 he'll go for £10m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Lucas and Sakho fitness update

Rodgers told reporters today: "We've obviously had a couple of players return to training. Young Sakho has trained this week, which has been great. We'll see if it's too early for him this weekend.

"And Lucas Leiva rejoined the group today, which was great. Jose Enrique is still out, but apart from that we don't have any major injuries now."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/156222-lucas-and-sakho-fitness-update

gafferino wrote: »
    but apart from that we don't have any major injuries now."

Full steam ahead so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I wonder if it's Eriksen's work rate that would have turned Rodgers off Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

- - - - -

3-1 to the champions elect.

(note) Opinion may change at 5.25pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I wonder if it's Eriksen's work rate that would have turned Rodgers off Eriksen.

No it's because he prefers brunettes. He was turned off by his blondeness.

3-1 to the champions elect.

(note) Opinion may change at 5.25pm tomorrow.

Admire your optimism...but cant see that happening, if , and its a maasive if. we get 2/3 goals Southampton will also get 2/3 goals - they have a pretty strong/quick set of attacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What work rate? :D

Seriously though, I find it hard to believe that we couldn't make any player a hard worker, that's the way we play. Coutinho wouldn't have been naturally that sort of player, nor Sturridge very much, but they do it now like it is second nature...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well we're not going to go there and grind out an efficient yet dull 1-0 win....I expect more seat of the pants crazieness (eg. Stoke away) or maybe a non-performance (eg. Hull away) or else we'll be 3 up after 10 minutes and then close the game out for a relatively comfortable 7-4 win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Just on Coutinho, while he is a good player, I feel we definitely need an upgrade on him in the summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Milkers wrote: »
    Speaking of short memories...

79.JPG

I can't see that picture, but I'm guessing it is a picture of Ray Clemence? I don't remember him playing for us at all, but from what I've read/seen/heard of him, there can be no doubt he was our best keeper ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He hasn't been a flop.

Quality player.

He also hasn't been particularly good (mostly)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

With Erikson, I think that we have seen at Spurs what we all thought while he was being scouted.

Exceptional talent, game changer, but only in select games. I recall the discussions here that the games we had scouts at that he played, the reports were fairly average and it were other players that were standing out.

I think it's been the same for Spurs, started off with a few blinders, dipped in form, got injured, came back from injury and showed some flashes, and new has had a run of decent performances. So if the trend is to continue, his form will dip again before the end of the season.

I dont think i'd take him over Coutinho, I'd prefer to have both of them unlocking defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Eriksen was dropped for the last few spuds games. I think he's a bit of a luxury player tbh. Not that the count isn't too but I don't think there's much of a difference between the two tbh. We struggle to facilitate countinho in our team without leaving ourselves relatively exposed at the back so adding another player of a similar ilk wouldn't make much sense. Unless it was a huge upgrade (Mikey Ryan) I would prefer that we focused on a different style of attacker (Kono/Willian).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement