Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

gafferino wrote: »

ocd-buzz-kill-160boxart_160w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Knex. wrote: »
    In your best scouse accent:

"That la. That was fookin brilliant. Well done son"

i0HbMsQ6GmjzK.gif

Was that for the pen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Those Gifs show what a great captain Gerrard is.

A real leader.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Still think us not strengthening in Jan might cost us a real title challenge. When we will have another real chance is hard to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Can't wait for Suarez to score the winner against Utd with a diving fist in the last minute at the stretford end.

Id take that over an FA Cup win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't know how real this is but it made me laugh tonight..

BgX7Zc5IgAAoqcM.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ridiculous.

Compare with his reaction to coutinhos assist in the previous match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Luis and Gerrard not letting the lads celebrate the second goal

LS7.gif
    When you think the bond and team spirit couldn't get any better, you see something like that :D Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Can't wait for Suarez to score the winner against Utd with a diving fist in the last minute at the stretford end.

Oh could you imagine!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was just thinking about that...a win there and we could easily claim our third managerial scalp of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gbear wrote: »
    Was that for the pen?

Think it was his tackle near the end.

BgX7Zc5IgAAoqcM.jpg

Is that from the Manchester Evening News?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

BgX7Zc5IgAAoqcM.jpg

its from that twat Barcley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest I really didn't think it was real, I just thought someone made it up for twitter/facebook.

But it made me laugh so much when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Had a look at how other clubs european games could benefit us.
    Swansea at home- they play napoli at home 3 days before our game.

Man utd away- they play olympiakos at home in the 2nd league, 3 days after they play us so hopefully the tie is in the balance after the away leg.

Man City home is a few days after a potential champions league q final.

Chelsea at home is sandwiched between 2 potential CL semi finals.

The big shame is that spurs will not be in action in europa lge the thursday before they face us. Ideally for us the english teams all make the quarters apart from Utd, and that chelsea make the semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Jose is a great one for the wind ups and back handed complements.

Talks us up so the next time we lose or have bad draw he jumps on it saying we're cracking under the pressure.

Just watching him now, wish he'd just shut up about other teams. He's a caricature of himself since he went back to Chelsea. Really hope they don't win anything this season.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was just thinking about that...a win there and we could easily claim our third managerial scalp of the season.

Fortunately they won't get rid of David 'don't have to be a winner, to be a winner' Moyes.

I'm still hoping we can add another two scalps before the end of the season. I reckon Monk at Swansea and then Pardew will get the bullet on the last day of the season when we claim the title.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

spockety wrote: »

Yeah I heard about that during the week, crazy all right.

Football is supposed to be a laugh. Something you can talk about with mates and even strangers. It is all about the one-upmanship of your rival, and if you give it, you should be able to take it.

Throwing out snide remarks about tragedies is out of order but sadly some people get so wound up they highlight a part of their characters that they should be embarrassed about. Or worse as is the case in this story or even where the Utd fan killed himself because of a loss.

Don't take it so seriously.

RIP to that fan and thoughts with his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I hovered over the url and saw the full title of the article and the first thing i thought of was 'i bet its in africa'

wasnt there also a spate of suicides in kenya or uganda after united beat arsenal 8-2?

EDIT: should have read further down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm trying hard not to get swept up in the belief we can win the league, this thread does NOT help there at all :P I am finally beginning to accept the idea that we MIGHT finish 4th. Still too scared to actually EXPECT that we will.

I'm trying hard not to get swept up in the belief we can win the league, this thread does NOT help there at all :P I am finally beginning to accept the idea that we MIGHT finish 4th. Still too scared to actually EXPECT that we will.

I'm gonna have the belief that it's on until I wake up Sunday week and be a doom and gloom merchant. At the moment in my mind we are champions elect, come Sunday week before and during the Swansea game, we'll be lucky to get 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

gafferino wrote: »
    Call me buzz mckillerson but I ain't buying it. If we are in this position mid to end of March then it's f€cking on.

We are absolutely shocking away from home and we have city and chelsea at home where we coukd drop points.

Spurs gaining momentum and have the best away record in the league.

Its 4th im worried about. Spurs run in isnt bad either and after the Chelsea game Everton have some easy fixtures with a lukaku returning.

By the way I read a stat that Suarez has only scored a couple of goals out of our last 24!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

joe123 wrote: »
    We are absolutely shocking away from home and we have city and chelsea at home where we coukd drop points.

Its 4th im worried about. Spurs run in isnt bad either and after the Chelsea game Everton have some easy fixtures with a lukaku returning.

By the way I read a stat that Suarez has only scored a couple of goals out of our last 24!

Your full of the joys you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Your full of the joys you are

Trying to stay grounded. Talk of a title feels very premature considering we just scraped by Fulham.

One bad result and this place will be a pit of despair again. Knee jerking all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Its not great but shocking is a bit much, people tend to forget 3 of our 4 away losses were against arsenal, the league leaders for the majority of the season, and chelsea/city within the space of a few days with a thread-bare squad at the time.

Our home record is superb on the other hand, better in fact than citys whom everyone was waxing lyrical about for ages. Cant have it all our own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Trying to stay grounded. Talk of a title feels very premature considering we just scraped by Fulham.

One bad result and this place will be a pit of despair again. Knee jerking all over the place.

So Chelsea can't talk of title considering they dropped 2 points at west brom
    City can't talk of title considering the dropped 2 points at Norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Haha I'd say Brendan will have a right laugh at them too.

• Advertisement

Finical wrote: »
    Haha I'd say Brendan will have a right laugh at them too.

This was the bit that really got me! I spat my tea out
    ‘To play, for example, like we are going to do in Istanbul against Galatasaray on the Wednesday, Fulham on the Saturday.
    ‘Brendan’s chihuahua doesn’t do that. During the week it sleeps, eats and trains a little bit. So I have to say his chihuahua is a privileged one. Next season he will see what it is like to play in two, three, four competitions. This season he has this privilege which gives him a big advantage.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2558750/JOSE-MOURINHO-EXCLUSIVE-Underdogs-No-Arsenal-aren-t-kids-anymore.html#ixzz2tFdbQDRl
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

this anthropomorphism is getting out of hand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

monkey9 wrote: »
    Oh could you imagine!! :pac:

No!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I can see this thread going into turbo meltdown in the next few months.

This was the bit that really got me! I spat my tea out

I'm gonna refuse to believe he said that until proven otherwise. I assume that's a pisstake!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Mourinho is so full of s*** it's unbearable. I can't believe people are still going on with his stupid horse analogies. If he had said that to the Italian or Spanish medias they'd have called him a tool and paid no more attention.

No wonder he loves England. Only the English press are impressed by his nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

exactly. afterall. were only 3 behind spurs!! im looking down the league instead of up.

on a side now....how the **** are spurs only 7 behind top? they sure came out of nowhere!

Without making myself out to be a dope, which isn't hard I admit, are they genuine Mourinho comments? Are those comments in the print papers tomorrow?

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm gonna refuse to believe he said that until proven otherwise. I assume that's a pisstake!!

Well it is the Daily Fail so it's possible the quotes are BS but either way it's hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bit of hyperbole to say Liverpool are shocking away from home. They would be 6th in the table counting only away games and that's having played 8 of the top 10 sides away from home.

It's not a fantastic away record but it's far from terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Remind me again, who were the two main anti Rodgers posters who were on here having cuts off him and the team all last season, were they wums?

Vanolder wrote: »
    Remind me again, who were the two main anti Rodgers posters who were on here having cuts off him and the team all last season, were they wums?

What's the point of this? Pages and pages of nonsense is all that'll happen.

Every Liverpool fan is happy with the teams current form and position. The goal was top 4 this season and tbh it was more hope than expectation. If Rodgers gets us back into the CL he'll be congratulated by every Liverpool fan and rightly so.

I had serious reservations myself and seriously doubted him but he's proving me wrong this season.

Goals still have to be met though so I'll not be celebrating until they happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

bluefinger wrote: »
    this anthropomorphism is getting out of hand.

I had to google anthropomorphism before I thanked your post.

I didn't like Mourinho before he went to Madrid but thought he had a certain charm and was at times comical. Just have no time for him now. He's a very good manager but a lot of them would have been as succesful too imo at the clubs he's been at & with the financial backing he's gotten. When the wheels came off at Chelsea the first time he couldn't cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

rarnes1 wrote: »

Every Liverpool fan is happy with the teams current form and position. The goal was top 4 this season and tbh it was more hope than expectation. If Rodgers gets us back into the CL he'll be congratulated by every Liverpool fan and rightly so.

I had serious reservations myself and seriously doubted him but he's proving me wrong this season.

Yes I know, but the absolute boil those idiots used to post is everything wrong with modern internet supporter. You're right tho, let's not derail the thread like those kids did, i was just wondering are they still around or were they found out to be wums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, as an aside, nice little plug at the end there for the commercial made by the production company I work for - last place I expected to see something like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I'm still hoping we can add another two scalps before the end of the season.
    I know AVB was one after the hiding we dished out to Spurs but who was the other? Was it Steve Clarke or Malky MacKay?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Rodgers former colleague at Chelsea interviewed for Academy directors job vacated by McParland. ...from goal.com so take what you want from it:

The Merseysiders have interviewed Jim Fraser, the academy No.2 at Stamford Bridge, for the vacant post of academy director at Anfield following the sacking of Frank McParland

Liverpool have held talks with Chelsea youth chief Jim Fraser about taking charge of the club’s academy, Goal can reveal.

Anfield manager Brendan Rodgers, who knows Fraser from his own time in the Stamford Bridge youth set-up, recommended his former colleague for the vacant post on Merseyside.

Frank McParland was surprisingly sacked as Liverpool’s academy director in November, with the club stating they wanted to move in a new direction.Goal understands that Fraser has been interviewed by Liverpool chiefs about succeeding McParland but he has not yet been offered the job.

Fraser has risen through the ranks at Stamford Bridge since joining from Swindon Town in 2004, and is currently academy director Neil Bath’s No.2 in the Chelsea academy.Fraser oversees the age-group coaches from Under-9s to Under-16s level and is head of recruitment for Under-15s to Under-19s.

There is currently a void at Liverpool’s academy base in Kirby following the double-sacking of McParland and former academy technical director Rodolfo Borrell in November.

The pair had been credited with helping to kick-start the conveyor belt of talent from Kirby to the first-team squad at Melwood in recent years.Raheem Sterling, Jon Flanagan and Martin Kelly established themselves in the senior set-up during McParland’s reign, while Jordan Ibe, Jack Robinson, Suso, Andre Wisdom, Adam Morgan, Conor Coady and Jerome Sinclair also made the leap from the Academy to the Liverpool first team.

McParland was appointed the new director of football at League One side Brentford two weeks after leaving Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭deeks

rarnes1 wrote: »

In reference to the goals that have to be met, correct me if I'm wrong but the generally accepted goal at the start of the season was that we were still in the conversation for Top 4 at the business end of the season. If I remember correctly everyone acknowledged that Top 4 would be a big ask this season and to be in the reckoning with 5 - 10 games to go and a decent cup run was the goal.

Well - I for one think we've already exceeded expectations regardless of what happens for the rest of the season. 12 games left and not only are we in Top 4 contention but also still considered by pretty much everyone to be in contention for the title. We're also still in the FA Cup.

Don't get me wrong, if we don't qualify for Top 4 at this stage I'll be extremely disappointed but at the same time if we don't make it in the end I don't think it would be fair to say that the goals set out for the season haven't been met.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Knex. wrote: »

i0HbMsQ6GmjzK.gif

G'way oura that.... Tex didn't understand a word he was saying..... probably thought he was getting a rollocking from Gerrard........ :pac:

Mourinho is so full of s*** it's unbearable. I can't believe people are still going on with his stupid horse analogies. If he had said that to the Italian or Spanish medias they'd have called him a tool and paid no more attention.

No wonder he loves England. Only the English press are impressed by his nonsense.

Don't understand why people are annoyed about what he says as I think it is true that no Europe had been a huge advantage for the squad.

I view it as a compliment as he's obviously worried about us.

Too late to stop the horse analogies as the stable door has been left open.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement