Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Alot of the Babbelberg supporters also support St Pauli. You'll see them with St. Pauli badges/pins on the jerseys and hats. So there was probably alot of love in the crowd.

Yea, that's why we went. Drove up to berlin from Hamburg with a few Pauli lads, great atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I have German TV in my house, and would sit and watch any game that I came accross. It was great for keeping tabs on Babel at Hoffenheim.

In fairness, the German football league is alot closer that the premier league, so you'd get a decent game. Also, there is decent style of football, and not hoofball being played. This also filters down the leagues as well.
    The team I support in Germany is Babbelsberg 03 and they are in the 3rd division. So once or twice a year I manage to catch a home game when I'm over there, and the standard of football is pretty decent, ball on the deck type stuff.

Hate to break the news to you, but they got relegated last year (and will do so again if they'e not careful!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Paulegend wrote: »
    well its 4 o clock on a friday evening im sure most of us are thinking about a pint :D

Only one!? ...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Only one!? ...:D

yea the last one at about 2ish tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I showed the St Pauli Managing Director (and some of his associates) around Croke Park back in the WC qualifiying (drew 0-0 I think). I had to try and explain the history of the place to a group of lads who had very little english and I german.
    "tanks...on pitch...kill people...english...(booooo!)... man died is name of stand." .... then I had to try and explain hurling....dont think they really got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I showed the St Pauli Managing Director (and some of his associates) around Croke Park back in the WC qualifiying (drew 0-0 I think). I had to try and explain the history of the place to a group of lads who had very little english and I german.
    "tanks...on pitch...kill people...english...(booooo!)... man died is name of stand." .... then I had to try and explain hurling....dont think they really got it.

St Pauli are great; always wanted to go see them play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lads think I'll be going to the rearranged sunderland game 2 questions.
    1 How much is a taxi from manchester airport to liverpool?
    2 Is there any chance of this game also being rearranged if sunderland require an fa cup replay?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    St Pauli are great; always wanted to go see them play.

I'd definitely recommend it. Drinking, smoking and standing at a game, the way it should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

2 Is there any chance of this game also being rearranged if sunderland require an fa cup replay?

Not sure on price, but there is a train from Manchester Airport to Liverpool Lime Street and taxi from there would work out cheaper than taxi all the way - but depends how tight you are for time

www.thetrainline.com should have train schedules & prices

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'd definitely recommend it. Drinking, smoking and standing at a game, the way it should be

But without the facism I just can't see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

greendom wrote: »
    Maybe not... Game is on Saturday!

How did I miss that? Lovely days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Not sure on price of taxi either but the train down from the airport is a handy affair. Takes about 50min iirc but depending on times you could be waiting a while.

Another option is to get a taxi into manchester, can't remember which station but think it's oxford, and there are usually more trains down from there.

Depends on how tight you are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

mayordenis wrote: »
    What does not drinking have to do with anything?

im home more i suppose,see more tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

one of the lads heads over regularly, says the atmosphere in the place is summit else.

it is a pity there is no standing section in the Kop, but I understand why there is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not sure on price of taxi either but the train down from the airport is a handy affair. Takes about 50min iirc but depending on times you could be waiting a while.

Another option is to get a taxi into manchester, can't remember which station but think it's oxford, and there are usually more trains down from there.

Depends on how tight you are though.

Tight as in money:pac: I assume you mean time. Ye there is a really cheap flight landing at 5 in manchester so it would be a bit risky . Will probably just go with the 2 o clock flight and get the train down seems to make most sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

barone wrote: »
    roughly a tenner a week to watch english/italian/spanish/french/german leagues ,euro competitions...its a fckin bargain in my eyes,that is if you can stomach a lot of footie, i can.

and on top of that the docu and entertainment channels in the down time :)

i dont drink, maybe thats why i think its a bargain,coz i watch so much of it.
    What does not drinking have to do with anything?

He said the fact he doesn't drink means he see's it as a bargain, whats the problem?

But without the facism I just can't see the point.

Yea, a Pauli games not where you want to be if that's what your into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Good oul Didi and his stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Finical wrote: »

Good oul Didi and his stories.

That was brilliant:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

He said the fact he doesn't drink means he see's it as a bargain, whats the problem?

No problem, I guess to a drinker it's terrible value, but to someone who doesn't drink it's a bargain. Now I see it. Makes perfect sense.
    Yea, a Pauli games not where you want to be if that's what your into

You don't say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Someone needs a crunchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Friend of mine was over for the Man City V Liverpool game over Christmas. He and a few mates got a taxi from Liverpool city centre to match ground for c. £40. Not sure how relative that is to Manchester airport.

Is there not a train stop in Manchester airport itself that goes to Lime St in Liverpool?
    I think I got that one myself 5 or 6 years ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Off the Ball lads described our defence as "comical" this evening

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

How did they describe our attack.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Its not damn comical from where I'm f*cking watching:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Some of the individual errors have been comical. How many of our recent goals conceded have come from either penos, og's or just crazy passes that have led to a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suarez' 100th pl game tomorrow i read. No better time to have a rout in front of goal :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

jamaamaj wrote: »

A sexual frenzy of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    icon13.png

Nothing malicious like, just an ol affectionate kick up the hole, like the kind you'd give to a moany cousin.

That Didi and Carra vid is great. Player talks always seem like altogether grim affairs but id consider going to see that pair. An evening with McAteer, Aldridge and Fowler not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Echo are reporting (and quoting Rodgers)that we have two transfer plans in place for the summer window.

One without CL

One with CL

I have a feeling that Kono only belongs in the plans if we dont get CL.

Rodgers let it out of the bag a few weeks ago when asked would we be returning for Kono and his reply was something like we may have different targets by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anyone heading over for the Hillsborough Charity Match in April.

Will be a British XI against a foreign XI, and both teams will be made up of ex Liverpool players.

British XI will be managed by Kenny and will include the likes of John Barnes, Peter Beardsley Jamie Carragher, Ian Rush, Gary McAllister, Ray Houghton, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and David James.

The Foreign XI will be managed by Ged, and will include Luis Garcia, Markus Babbel, Jan Molby, Stephane Henchoz, Didi Hamann, Jan Molby, Vladimir Smicer and Stig Inge Bjornebye.

Tickets go on sale in two weeks. Adult tickets will be 15 quid and a fiver for kids.

Details are up on the club's website

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/hillsborough-charity-match-sales-notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Kess73 wrote: »
    Anyone heading over for the Hillsborough Charity Match in April.

Will be a British XI against a foreign XI, and both teams will be made up of ex Liverpool players.

British XI will be managed by Kenny and will include the likes of John Barnes, Peter Beardsley Jamie Carragher, Ian Rush, Gary McAllister, Ray Houghton, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and David James.

The Foreign XI will be managed by Ged, and will include Luis Garcia, Markus Babbel, Jan Molby, Stephane Henchoz, Luis Garcia, Markus Babbel, Didi Hamann Jan Molby, Stephane Henchoz, Vladimir Smicer and Stig Inge Bjornebye.

Tickets go on sale in two weeks. Adult tickets will be 15 quid and a fiver for kids.

Details are up on the club's website

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/hillsborough-charity-match-sales-notice

Kess? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Babbel is there twice as well :P

brevity wrote: »
    Babbel is there twice as well :P

We're probably lining up, Ryan Babel and Espanyol's Luis Garcia too. But I don't know about the others. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

jamaamaj wrote: »

Gorgeous. Like a bubble bath :p

Kess? :eek:

And that boys and girls is what happens when Kess has a tired head on a Saturday morning. :D

There will also be a HJC event at the Red Cow in Dublin at which John Barnes, Roy Evans & Tony Evans will be the guest speakers.

A forum regular, Campo, is involved with this and all proceeds will be going to the HJC fund.

When everything is confirmed, I'm sure that Campo will put up times and prices, but am sure it will be a good night because any such night that has John Barnes at it is always worth going to. The man tends to speak with a lot of passion, but always puts his point across well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We're at the business end of the season now and I'm slightly terrified before each game but isn't that a great way to be? Usually at this stage we have nothing to play for.

I'm terrified and I'm ****ing loving it.

• Advertisement

LFC U-18s vs Newcastle U-18s is about to Start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Vicxas wrote: »
    The amount these guys charge can be extortionate, I think it is down to the PL though and how much they charge, but why can BT sport show X amount of games and only charge €20 a month

Just to go back on this one reason its only €20 a month is they dont show PL matches every weekend like today no game on, well you could watch rangers take on east fife if you want

Will Marsh with the Goal. LFC 1-0 Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't know that name.

DTS with the Goal. Assist and brilliant run by Wilson.

LFC 2-0 Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I haven't seen much of the u18's this season but Harry Wilson has really caught the eye whenever I've watched them. That was brilliant from him for the goal.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

opr wrote: »
    I haven't seen much of the u18's this season but Harry Wilson has really caught the eye whenever I've watched them. That was brilliant from him for the goal.

Opr

He looks like he has a bright future. We seem to have a lot of those type of players coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Delighted Wanyama ain't playing today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wow, what a goal from Wilson. 3-0

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

opr wrote: »
    Wow, what a goal from Wilson.

Opr

Yep waltzed through the defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Kess73 wrote: »

I know he was born in Scotland but still.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement