Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Altogether Now...:D

We are Liverpool tra la la la
    We're the best Football team in the land, tra la la!
    Poetry in motion tra la la la
    We're the best team in the land, tra la la!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Well that was a massive win in a game i'm sure we were all very nervous of,
    Suarez is truly a world class player and the man love i have for that man is :o

Young Flannagan goes from strength to strength, and is a gem of a player at a young age.

1st March 2014 and Liverpool are sitting second in the table with 73 goals scored :eek:

Its really on
    xi9v.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

At this stage you'd have to be very confident of a top 4 finish.....and everything else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

My love for Luis could not be any stronger. Gerrards penalties have been sublime recently too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

These are the best teams
    They are the very best teams
    The main event

The champions
    The best
    The great teams
    The champions

Can't wait to hear this booming from anfield next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Massive win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great result, should have started with Sterling but made a great impact when he came on.

Cooking fish and chips for me and the son, we deserve it :) Will have a sneaky beer when he is asleep too to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That pass for Suarez in build up to Sterling goal has a real Alonso vibe from Gerrard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

10 games - I'd take 20 points from that and be very happy cos it would mean 4th at least and quite possibly 3rd. Anything else is a bonus - a few bodies in there look like they could do with next weekend off to be honest. Lucas and Sakho back, all is well.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If we have Champions League football next season, that obviously makes us more attractive for a higher calibre of player.

But there are plenty of world class players who I'm sure are watching the Premier League and seeing the type of football that Liverpool are playing. So if we have Champions League football combined with that style of play, I'm drooling at who we could attract in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think what I enjoyed most about todays game was how much it resembled watching a team like United when they were at the top of their game.

We went to one of the tougher away grounds in the league, didn't play well & certainly didn't impose ourselves on our hosts. We defended well & depended on our superior attack to take the chances when they came our way, which they did.

I've seen United get outplayed time and time again but have Rooney or RVP pull them out of the fire based on a platform of good defending, same for City. It was nice to see us doing it for a change. I think, given the stick our defence has gotten lately (deservedly so) we should give them credit today - they stood up well to the onslaught which came on as a result of our midfield being overran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

This is dreamland stuff lads, can't believe I'm actually contemplating winning the league.

Rodgers seems to be the real deal, I know nothing has been achieved yet although it's fairly safe to assume we'll get at least fourth.

Give the man a new contract now.

mike65 wrote: »
    10 games - I'd take 20 points from that and be very happy cos it would mean 4th at least and quite possibly 3rd. Anything else is a bonus - a few bodies in there look like they could do with next weekend off to be honest. Lucas and Sakho back, all is well.:)

3rd is the aim now at least. Arsenal are fading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Great win,but next up we have United,who im sure will be well up for the game.

We need to beat these mid table sides if we want to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fantastic stuff. Our away form is starting to improve also....and a clean sheet....wtf? Southampton problem put in one of the best performances against us in the first half, but were toothless in attack and faded badly in the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This is dreamland stuff lads, can't believe I'm actually contemplating winning the league.

Rodgers seems to be the real deal, I know nothing has been achieved yet although it's fairly safe to assume we'll get at least fourth.

Give the man a new contract now.

No harm in waiting until the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Linda Pizzuti ‏@Linda_Pizzuti
    Massive win today pushes LFC ahead of Arsenal. While every match feels critical, today's clean sheet made it fun to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Anyone pick up Lallana over the summer? Only thing is being English he wouldn't be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

genuinely believe Brendan Rodgers has to get manager of the year award

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Brilliant win lads! I thought we were superb in the second half, just clinically controlled and saw out the game, Allen was very good in the 2nd half, he's like a little terrier just nipping at players heels and he won the ball back loads of times, all this while being very composed on the ball. Of course Luis was superb again, that goes almost without saying at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

mike65 wrote: »

Nah nuts to that, this is a chance to win a league and we are in a fantastic position for 4th now.

8 wins from 10 needed to make a real push for the league.

If someone offered me 20 points from the remaining games I would not take them.

The goalposts have shifted now. I was hesitant to admit it, but we are 2nd, we are in a title race.

2.5 ppg - 25 points. That's what we need now. Every game is a must win.

Great to be talking like this again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Anyone pick up Lallana over the summer? Only thing is being English he wouldn't be cheap.

Good player but better our there for cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Morzadec wrote: »
    Big win. 9 points clear of 5th and 2nd in the league

Remember a few weeks ago we all wondered where the feck Spurs came from to be 3 points behind us, well Chelsea, Arsenal and City fans must be wondering the same about us.

I posted at the start of the New Year how important January was because we'd only got a point from those fixtures last season, we ended up with 10/12. To top all that we got 13/15 in February, 4 PL wins in a row which matches our best run this season in December.

Far from get nervous and bottle it, we've got stronger and stronger as the season went on.

That's 23/27 points, that's Rafa 08/09 form! We're the form team in the league and the key to that is a huge improvement in Away form, 10/12 points is as good as City and Chelsea Away.

We asked for a big improvement in the Away form and we got it, looks pretty decent now. After 10 Away games we'd 12 points, we got 10 in the last 4, what a way to set us up for Old Trafford.

3rd is now in our own hands and with City and Chelsea to come at Anfield who knows!

Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all play each other over the next few weeks.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think what I enjoyed most about todays game was how much it resembled watching a team like United when they were at the top of their game.

We went to one of the tougher away grounds in the league, didn't play well & certainly didn't impose ourselves on our hosts. We defended well & depended on our superior attack to take the chances when they came our way, which they did.

I've seen United get outplayed time and time again but have Rooney or RVP pull them out of the fire based on a platform of good defending, same for City. It was nice to see us doing it for a change. I think, given the stick our defence has gotten lately (deservedly so) we should give them credit today - they stood up well to the onslaught which came on as a result of our midfield being overran.
    I've been as critical as anyone of skertl agger et al recently but hands up from a sceptic they held up well tonight.

24 points from the last 27 afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

brevity wrote: »
    Linda Pizzuti ‏@Linda_Pizzuti

Have to say, I love when Linda talks about clean sheets.

SHE'S DURTY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've been as critical as anyone of skertl agger et al recently but hands up from a sceptic they held up well tonight.

Especially with midfield constantly giving the ball away and putting them under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Sakho and Lucas returning also adds a bit more shine to the next few games.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Luke Shaw is everything Liverpool need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Agueroooo wrote: »

Chelsea fan will probably sign for Chelsea. Apparently his house is right beside their training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He's looks like a seasoned pro for a young fella of 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

BMJD wrote: »
    genuinely believe Brendan Rodgers has to get manager of the year award

With suarez as poty and sterling/sturridge ypoty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Chambers looks the business as well. Would be more attainable.

Johnson is finished I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We will all want Spurs to win next week now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

He'd probably cost a fortune. Southamptons youth system is fantastic at churning out very very good young players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, cautious optimism is out. Expectation of fourth place is now in.

Be a joke if we slip up and don't get 4th now, you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    24 points from the last 27 afaik.

What league match did we lose? :D

Nah, it's 23/27, 2 draws.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

How fcuking good does that feel to say it and believe it. Nice.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    He'd probably cost a fortune. Southamptons youth system is fantastic at churning out very very good young players

Pie in the sky stuff but jeez the thoughts of him in a Liverpool jersey running from left back makes me salivate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not getting 4th now would nearly put Rodgers on the hot seat at the end of the season. Great win today, not pretty in the first half but grinded it out in the end.

3rd now is our new goal/target.

Let's us spend in the summer knowing we are in the group states rather than having to go through a potential tough preliminary round.

K-9 wrote: »
    What league match did we lose? :D

Nah, it's 23/27, 2 draws.

Tomato, tomato!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Not getting 4th now would nearly put Rodgers on the hot seat at the end of the season. Great win today, not pretty in the first half but grinded it out in the end.

Tut....com'on Chucky even you can dream too :)
    And YES i'm dreaming of the title like the good auld days.

• Advertisement

Nice. Like Gerrard's praise for Rodgers. Loved his "All the best" comment even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

If we manage to get 13 points from the next 5 games, it will set us up nicely for the Man City match, if we can then go and beat them at Anfield, I think we could seriously have a chance with a possible title decider against Chelsea at Anfield. I think Arsenal will be in trouble by the end of March, they have Chelsea, Spurs and City and then Everton away at the start of April!! I would expect a couple of draws, a loss and maybe one win in those fixtures for them, that's 7 points dropped, hopefully that could put us about 5 points clear of them if all goes well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Morzadec wrote: »
    Suarez - most goals AND assists in the league. Unprecedented. An all round attacking machine.

Not even going to get involved in that RVP/Aguero thread - not worth arguing with someone who can't admit that this guy is different class at the moment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - he's on the verge of the most outstanding individual Premier League season ever.

A certainty for player of the season last season too, until that silly bite. "World class" is a cheap term these days but he truly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ui know this is said for every game now but the game against utd is a massive must win if we are gonna win this thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Holy Hell!

BhqqcoGCQAA8ihc.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement