Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

hefferboi wrote: »
    Watch it again. That question is brought up in the middle of the interview, Gerrard brings up Rodgers in the first question, which was, "Lots of teams come here and drop points, what does it say about Liverpool that you've come here and won?".

Gerrard then says credit to the manager.

:)

Even Stevie is talking about a title charge!

I refuse to get my hopes up, 08/09 was a tough one for me to swallow, i remain cautiously optimistic about it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ardent wrote: »
    It didn't go like that at all. It was a leading question by the interviewer about Rodgers tactics in the game - i.e., long ball counter-attacking. Gerrard made a point of the defeat to Soton earlier in the season and was kind of obliged to say that Rodgers, like all top managers, learned from that and adapted. It wasn't the gushing praise you make out.

It's a small point but, while I'm a big fan of Rodgers, let's not forget he's a young manager and still has lots to learn.

Gerrard did several post match interviews. In one of them he did actively say, without being led, that Rodgers has always been putting the credit on the players, but that it was he who deserves credit.

<edit>, hadn't refreshed the page, the interview I'm referencing is above.

It's fairly obvious the manager deserves credit. He has us sitting in 2nd spot with 10 games to play. Most fans would have been content with being a few points off 4th at this stage.

I'd play Suarez through the middle v Utd. He was incredible yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

08/09 was heart breaking. I'd be happy with 4th still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd play Suarez through the middle v Utd. He was incredible yesterday

Would love to see him slaughter them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    08/09 was heart breaking. I'd be happy with 4th still.
    if I could chose just one title win for the next 10 years, it be this year for Gerrard. Best Liverpool player ever in my opinion. Can't see us having a better chance anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Charlie19 wrote: »
    if I could chose just one title win for the next 10 years, it be this year for Gerrard. Best Liverpool player ever in my opinion. Can't see us having a better chance anytime soon.

I would probably lose my mind if we did win it but Champions League football and knowing United ****ed up with the wrong appointment and won't be relevant until a new manager or in 2 years is pretty sweet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'll be honest, if we don't annihilate United I'll be disappointed. I'm fully expecting something similar to the game in 09.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A scrapy one nil win at Utd would do me and also do we really want to cost another manager his job this season especially this manager ;) we want to see him there for a bit longer anyway. Do Utd pick their strongest team to play us or will they put out a weak team before the CL game a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Utd won't be easy they will rise for liverpool we always did the same when they were top dogs
    They will like nothing more than to help stop liverpool win the league
    Chelsea for me look like good things they will grind out results and there back four looks very solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Any result away to utd will be a good one. We all would love to stitch it into them but this will be their cup final champions league or no champions league. The tables have turned big time for years they laughed because all we had left at this stage was watching them hoping that they dropped points. At the start of the season my hopes were to still be in touch of 4th place an to have something to shout for in the last game or two. We won't win the league but it's nice to have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

I got up at 3:30am this morning to watch the game live, as I do every weekend for our matches. I have always supported this team, despite being sometimes dismayed and underwhelmed by years gone past. Apart from a period of settling in, trying to get his ideas onto the pitch, Brendan Rodgers has given me more to smile about than any other manager for a long long time. Its not only the fact we are winning, but the way we play that is pleasing so many of us reds.
    BR may talk in riddles sometimes but to have a manager who is able to tinker formations ever so slightly for individual opposition is something we have coveted for such a long time.
    He has brought new life to our captain fantastic.
    He has reinvigorated Raheem Sterling, a young man who after a sensational burst onto the scene was in danger of fading away.
    He has made Sturridge, a Chelsea cast away realise him potential.
    He has convinced Suarez to stay, when he basically had very little to offer him, apart from a vision of how we would develop as a team.
    But for me, his greatest effect on a player has been making Henderson a machine of a midfielder. When he came, it was pretty obvious he was a good prospect, but a confidence player. His progression has been fantastic I think.
    If Woy Hodgson has any brain, he should be adapting England to play this style.

Maybe Ill have to eat these words at a later date, but for me, BR is streets above any manager in the EPL.
    Forget Man Utds troubles, thats of little consequence, we are back, and we are here to stay!:o:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I got up at 3:30am this morning to watch the game live, as I do every weekend for our matches. I have always supported this team, despite being sometimes dismayed and underwhelmed by years gone past. Apart from a period of settling in, trying to get his ideas onto the pitch, Brendan Rodgers has given me more to smile about than any other manager for a long long time. Its not only the fact we are winning, but the way we play that is pleasing so many of us reds.
    BR may talk in riddles sometimes but to have a manager who is able to tinker formations ever so slightly for individual opposition is something we have coveted for such a long time.
    He has brought new life to our captain fantastic.
    He has reinvigorated Raheem Sterling, a young man who after a sensational burst onto the scene was in danger of fading away.
    He has made Sturridge, a Chelsea cast away realise him potential.
    He has convinced Suarez to stay, when he basically had very little to offer him, apart from a vision of how we would develop as a team.
    But for me, his greatest effect on a player has been making Henderson a machine of a midfielder. When he came, it was pretty obvious he was a good prospect, but a confidence player. His progression has been fantastic I think.
    If Woy Hodgson has any brain, he should be adapting England to play this style.

Maybe Ill have to eat these words at a later date, but for me, BR is streets above any manager in the EPL.
    Forget Man Utds troubles, thats of little consequence, we are back, and we are here to stay!:o:o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtdXvcxAwwjkhHuhiySpzEDbzNmDtCx2Y2OVwNx7hwoUvACMUSq3nwJsFi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

I'd expect us to tear United assunder at the back the way they've been playing BUT - lets not forget it was only a few weeks since they parked the Bus against Arsenal. Moyes will have them well prepared, they will not cause us much problems but they'll be extremely hard to break down. Evra might actually get off his arse for this one ... it will not be a walk in the park no matter how well we are playing and how poorly they are. If we rip em 2 or 3 nil it doesn't set them up properly for the CL game does it?

Expect to see a very stiffling performance from United. If we can manage to get the first goal though ... the fans will quickly turn on them and then the fun begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I would prefer a 1-0, while still completely dominating the game. The thought of embarrassing them is very appealing but really could be the end for 'the chosen one'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You checked out their form recently?

A major blip v almeria where there keeper was wrongly sent off, simeone rang in the changes for the ossasuna game (his fault if course) other then that there form has been very good. They will probably lose today. United form since the new year has been atrocious.
    Anyways, be arsed with united. It felt good to wake up and check the table again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

klose wrote: »
    A major blip v almeria where there keeper was wrongly sent off, simeone rang in the changes for the ossasuna game (his fault if course) other then that there form has been very good. They will probably lose today. United form since the new year has been atrocious.
    Anyways, be arsed with united. It felt good to wake up and check the table again :D

Ossasuna games was shocking could have lost 5/6 nil quite easily

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I would prefer a 1-0, while still completely dominating the game. The thought of embarrassing them is very appealing but really could be the end for 'the chosen one'.

My heart couldn't take a 1-0 because there's always a very good chance of a brain fart, imagine Skrtel fouling someone in the box in the 94th minute after us completely dominating the match.

My heart couldn't take a 1-0 because there's always a very good chance of a brain fart, imagine Skrtel fouling someone in the box in the 94th minute after us completely dominating the match.

On the other hand imagine the outcry if he got away with it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

There was a lovely moment in the match yesterday when the travelling Kop were singing 'There's only one Brendan Rodgers' and Rodgers acknowledging them.

I'm so happy right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

0-0 in the 94th minute and we have a corner kick. Suarez shoves Evra out of the way and then uses his hand to put the ball into the net. Goal stands.

thats+not+ice+thats+the+day+no+fap+november+ended+_72cad7ce941ca4e3074b62c83ff6940f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

****ing great result yesterday.

Thought we looked as solid at the back as we have all season & I'd be lining out with that back 4 as much of the rest of the season as possible.

Sunderland home & Utd away next up. Win them & we might actually be in with a shout this year. Incredible. Well played Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Cant see Chelsea Dropping enough points. No matter how many we get.

I wanted BR and was excited. He was my choice.

I don't get the impression Chelsea fans are as excited as us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I really thought we'd get done yesterday but what a result, I was ecstatic after it and everybody played their part from Mignolet to Suarez.

I'm still refusing to believe as regards the League but I'm always a pessimist :o

Cant see Chelsea Dropping enough points. No matter how many we get.

One slip up from them & it's in our hands.

It's incredibly unlikely, but it's really possible & that's better than anyone imagined at the start of the season.

Chelsea have two games before we play again.

Spurs home and Villa away.

Win both of those and they are 10 clear.

We'd have 2 games in hand but points on the board is always better.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ****ing great result yesterday.

Thought we looked as solid at the back as we have all season & I'd be lining out with that back 4 as much of the rest of the season as possible.

Sunderland home & Utd away next up. Win them & we might actually be in with a shout this year. Incredible. Well played Brendan.

Sunderland game is off.

Utd up next

Excuse me for being stupid, but at four points behind if we beat them we will be one behind? no?

• Advertisement

Excuse me for being stupid, but at four points behind if we beat them we will be one behind? no?

Chelsea?

We don't play them until next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There are a few who still arent delighted it seems.
    As crazy as that sounds

Oh jesus! Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Whether we win or lose next week, only one thing is certain.

The match thread is going to be a complete **** show.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Whether we win or lose next week, only one thing is certain.

The match thread is going to be a complete **** show.

we don't play next week!

March 16th, Utd away is our next game.

Chelsea?

We don't play them until next month

Yep, by my math we could win every game and finish 3rd.

Just realised that's actually possible, that would be horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MD1990 wrote: »
    very easy to make top 4 in Rafa's reign
    City were no where near what they are now Spurs were a mid table team

So many things wrong with this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Oh jesus! Who?

:D

That would mean Chelsea, City and us winning all our remaining games.

Zero chance

In which case City will have most likely won the league, and Arsenal the 4th place trophy.....'The Rodgers' out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

we don't play next week!

March 16th, Utd away is our next game.

2 weeks? Ah ****.

Getting ahead of myself.

Cant get here soon enough tbh.

Zero chance

we beat chelsea and they win every other we stay one point behind

we beat city and they score a hat load of goals we go behind on (gd) 1 point

Zero chance

If we win all our matches, it includes beating Chelsea and City, therefore them losing one each. It would still leave us a point short of both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

If we win all our matches, it includes beating Chelsea and City, therefore them losing one each. It would still leave us a point short of both.

This is a good illustration of just how hard the task of winning the title is
    3rd would be a terrific result for us by the way

Kess73 wrote: »
    I'm curious.

How does it feel to be a younger supporter now? By younger I mean young enough that the 08/09 was, before this season, the closest you saw Liverpool FC come to winning a title.

Now we sit on more points after 28 games than we did after that many games in 08/09.

Is it a feeling of excitement? Of hope?

Do those feeling mix freely with a nervous expectation that there is a fall to come?

I'm no longer a young pup, so cannot remember what it felt like for me the first time I realised Liverpool were in a title race.

But I am an old dog, an old wolf maybe, and I know how I am feeling about this season.

A couple of games back this is how I felt

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89062710&postcount=1216

Now we are almost two weeks further down the line and this old wolf has stuck his snout in the air and drawn breath to see what scents are being carried on the breeze.

You know what I smell? You know what all the other old wolves can smell?

Blood.

That unmistakable rich coppery taste.

That signal that tells us prey is nearby.

That scent that lends strength to our limbs so that we can give chase.

Make no mistake we are in this hunt. We may not be the one that brings down the prey in the end, but we sure as hell are trying to make sure that we do get to make the kill.

Title race is on, young pups and old wolves.

And it is no longer a case of hoping we can be part of it.

One of my favourie quotes came from the mouth of James J Corbett and sums up, for me, where we as a fanbase need to be right now, where the players need to be at, and where the manager needs to be at.

The hunt is on.

You're a lunatic! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

We all had a good laugh at Audman when he posted the below last August. Unfortunately Audman has been banned since :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86054410&postcount=1052

'Bold, I know, naughty perhaps, but I adventorously 'loaned' the bookie a rather cheeky €100 after the game today in quiet but confident hope of making all of it back with a monsterous profit when we win the league.

PM me or thank this post for a share of the profits/a few pints on me come title-decider day.'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86058905&postcount=1142

'Ok guys, thought I'd be able to keep this offer going 'til the end of the season but due to 4 people thanking my post and 16 people PM'n me, letting the share go between more than 20 people just wouldn't be worth the bet in terms of the winnings each of us would receive. The way it is now, the select 20 will be guaranteed the price of a night out for all of us together come the day we win the league (if) Sorry if you've missed out but I'm closing this offer now, well done to the 20 ambitious boardsies who got in there first showing your faith in our team and I look forward to end of season celebrations and pints with all of you. That said, anyone outside the 20 is free to join just the costs won't be covered. Anyone inside the 20, don't feel the need to have to spend your winnings on drink or join us in celebration as it's your money, feel free to do with it as u wish'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Theme Song to your Post, Kess. :D

Not Grand Magus' The Hunt ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just think in the space of 2 weeks we have gone from wanting Chelsea winning next week to wanting spurs to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Just think in the space of 2 weeks we have gone from wanting Chelsea winning next week to wanting spurs to win

Is it wrong id prefer a draw there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

joe123 wrote: »
    Is it wrong id prefer a draw there?

Yea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement