Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

kop77 wrote: »
    G'way oura that.... Tex didn't understand a word he was saying..... probably thought he was getting a rollocking from Gerrard........ :pac:

Ha yeah I thought he was giving him a rollicking to be honest.

Gerrard looks a man possessed these days. His celebrations, dragging the players back to the centre circle after the equaliser and even his face in that video - the game is over and he is still at, not relaxing. Its great to see and shows the belief he has in the team.
    I think he has really come into his own as captain the last few seasons. He was always a fairly quiet captain but he seems more comfortable with his authority now (outside of playing football). He could have always been like that in the dressing room of course but it seems to be its far more visible on the pitch and in interviews now.

Vanolder wrote: »
    Yes I know, but the absolute boil those idiots used to post is everything wrong with modern internet supporter. You're right tho, let's not derail the thread like those kids did, i was just wondering are they still around or were they found out to be wums.

Some opinions were strong on both sides, some extreme but I wouldn't call someone an idiot for having an opinion either way.

As for the last sentence, not really sure where you're going there but it won't end well!

deeks wrote: »
    In reference to the goals that have to be met, correct me if I'm wrong but the generally accepted goal at the start of the season was that we were still in the conversation for Top 4 at the business end of the season. If I remember correctly everyone acknowledged that Top 4 would be a big ask this season and to be in the reckoning with 5 - 10 games to go and a decent cup run was the goal.

Well - I for one think we've already exceeded expectations regardless of what happens for the rest of the season. 12 games left and not only are we in Top 4 contention but also still considered by pretty much everyone to be in contention for the title. We're also still in the FA Cup.

Don't get me wrong, if we don't qualify for Top 4 at this stage I'll be extremely disappointed but at the same time if we don't make it in the end I don't think it would be fair to say that the goals set out for the season haven't been met.

I know what you're saying but goals certainly shifted not long into the season for me. Utds decline and Spurs faultering start opened the door. An opportunity like this might not come along for a few years. I'd be seriously disappointed if we didn't get top 4 at this stage and that's a massive understatement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I reckon Gerrard is realising that this could be the last year he can win the league and he has a very good chance of doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I reckon Gerrard is realising that this could be the last year he can win the league and he has a very good chance of doing so.

whats wrong with next year and the year after??:D

gerrard has another 2 full seasons left in him. but if we did do the dream i think he would start thinking about when he will be retiring. the longer we go without the big one the longer gerrard will want to play

legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Remind me again, who were the two main anti Rodgers posters who were on here having cuts off him and the team all last season, were they wums?

hi

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Paulegend wrote: »
    whats wrong with next year and the year after??:D

gerrard has another 2 full seasons left in him. but if we did do the dream i think he would start thinking about when he will be retiring. the longer we go without the big one the longer gerrard will want to play

legend

I think this is the last year of Gerrard playing every available minute for us. Hes not getting any younger and will be played in mainly the big matches from here on out. He is an absolute legend so I would love to see him get the League with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I know what you're saying but goals certainly shifted not long into the season for me. Utds decline and Spurs faultering start opened the door. An opportunity like this might not come along for a few years. I'd be seriously disappointed if we didn't get top 4 at this stage and that's a massive understatement.

Stop talking about top 4 lads, we are champions elect.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

jonny24ie wrote: »

I would simply say that it's his best chance and I would say that all his dreams would be realised if he did Win a title. I couldn't want it more for him! In saying that I wouldn't say he has a good chance. Still a mammoth task lies ahead, but it'll be a fun ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yes I know, but the absolute boil those idiots used to post is everything wrong with modern internet supporter. You're right tho, let's not derail the thread like those kids did, i was just wondering are they still around or were they found out to be wums.

Still here. Am I a 'wum'? I don't think so but others are free to reach their own conclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Still here. Am I a 'wum'? I don't think so but others are free to reach their own conclusions.

You dont need to respond to everyone asking where are the guys calling Rodgers a used car salesman. We get it, you have apologised for being an eejit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Remind me again, who were the two main anti Rodgers posters who were on here having cuts off him and the team all last season, were they wums?

There were plenty on here who had reservations, myself included, some had greater reservations than others. And I am happy that I was proven wrong as it means we're going in the right direction.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing and thats us back on our perch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Read here a lot, but don't post here very often. I am really surprised with how well the team has gone this season. Compared to so many years where a bad start or bad November would have a CL place as the only possibility at this stage of the year, if not a month or two ago. The transfers seem to be an issue, but it is better to get who you want for the correct price and wages rather than spending silly money on poor squad players just for the sake of it.
    I am hoping that a good end to the season will leave us in a great place to add to the squad and be in a similar position this time next year. Four points from the top of the table at this stage of the season, in all honesty, not even the most optimistic fan could have seen that coming. Every year we end up with the 'next year could be our year' when we see some spark of possibility, but this year we are still close enough..

This year could be our year. It is unlikely, But it is not ludicrous. That is what you want as a fan, at least for me anyway. You can't win the league, cup and CL every year. But if you are there or there about, you have a chance and it is that chance that keeps us all believing. Four Points to make up over the remaining games, or a three goal deficit to a top European team in a CL final ? I know which would seem more possible to recover and we all know what happened that night.

Just being this close is great. The dream is still alive. I can only imagine the reaction if Liverpool could win the league this year. I think we'd all go nuts(and that is an understatement). I was more impressed with the Fulham result that the Arsenal one, because we are always capable of the big performance against the big team, but it is digging out the win against the bottom of the table guys that has been the Achilles heel for so long. I would hate to count the amount of points dropped to teams that went on to be relegated or finish in the bottom 6 in the last fifteen years.

Take each game as it comes and hope for the best.

Sorry for the ramble, but we all live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Have you apologised to Brendan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Praying THAT'S a joke, anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

While we are doing the smug thing...where are all the posters who said it would take a minimum of 3 years before we would compete for a CL place, and dismissed anyone that suggested otherwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's the mad thing, most of us would have taken 4 points of 4th as not too bad, a realistic shout with Chelsea and Spurs to come to Anfield, now the added bonus of City as well. Mad stuff and still only 3 points of 5th!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Also Holloway was the other manager.....in true Liverpool fashion we hit the post with Jol.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    While we are doing the smug thing...where are all the posters who said it would take a minimum of 3 years before we would compete for a CL place, and dismissed anyone that suggested otherwise?

They exist? Now that you mention it, might have been a couple.

As I said (to quote Brendan!) 2 seasons to be a challenger for 4th, minimum 3 to get it would have been the majority opinion.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I defended Hodgson up to a point :o

In all seriousness, I never get fans expecting immediate results from new managers. Going by last year, we had posters on here claiming that results against lower sides didnt matter and some even admitted to not even watching our games against the Wigans of this world.

Yet you would come on here and read nothing but insults and negative ****e thrown at Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hopefully ye will all be getting double rations today lads........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

And the standard chartered player of the month is.....

A shocking one this one....

1902900_10152347671602573_433712737_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

gafferino wrote: »

Needs to be dropped, hasn't scored in AGES !!!!!!!!

1902900_10152347671602573_433712737_n.jpg

I actually thought he was quiet enough.....by his standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What does Sturridge have to do . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't understand why people are annoyed about what he says as I think it is true that no Europe had been a huge advantage for the squad.

It annoys me because you'd swear some people don't even want to be there with the advantage Liverpool have.

It's the same as the people who say "I don't care about the cup".

We want to be in these competitions. We don't always have to field the strongest possible team but we should always field a team that can win the match.

This weekend I want to see that.. I want to see as strong a team as we can put out. If a few players are tired, fine. Bring in Allen/Teixeira/Agger whoever. Let's go for it and try and get a result. Make this season a memorable one.

Send him out on loan to Burnley.

Also, boo hoo, Mourinho. Those Champions League games are an awful cross we're looking to bear next season. We'll swap places if we don't make it and Chelsea do, how about that.

You don't hear Brendan Rodgers going on about how much of an advantage Chelsea have with that bankroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Had anyone seen this? From a few months back obviously.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Also, boo hoo, Mourinho. Those Champions League games are an awful cross we're looking to bear next season. We'll swap places if we don't make it and Chelsea do, how about that.

You don't hear Brendan Rodgers going on about how much of an advantage Chelsea have with that bankroll.

Just incase people are not fully convinced that Mourinho is a troll...he used that to have a go at City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anytime i see jose on tv now i just have to switch over, does he realise how ridiculous he sounds the pure tripe he spouts out now only a 5 yr old would be taken in by it, i nearly feel sorry for him at this stage

I know people might think we're having a go at him because of a few comments about our club, but the chap is definitely being a bore. A good troll is a good troll, but it seems even other managers are just laughing at him at this stage, parodying his metaphors, and ya gotta even love Allardice's "He can't take it".

He seems to be burning bridges to create a seige mentality, but does he really need that with that squad he has?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Carzola out of FA Cup game it seems.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

at this stage last season Utd were 29 points ahead of us.

we are now 11 points ahead

40 point swing.

yikes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

mike65 wrote: »
    Carzola out of FA Cup game it seems.

Good news. Their midfield is getting a bit light

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Vicxas wrote: »
    Good news. Their midfield is getting a bit light

Flamini's return will make a big difference from last week.

Utd are out
    Spurs are out
    one of City or Chelsea will be out.

lets fűcking go for this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mouinho's comments are a touch ridiculous.

He talks about wanting his team in the Champions League, how he wants to win the competition etc.
    But says it's a hinderance to his team that other teams are not in it.

If he really believes that we have a better chance of moving up the table than his team, then he should field the kids in the Champions League so he can concetrate on the league.

Part of being a manager is being able to balance your team for all competitions you are in. Not critisinig others for not being in the competition.

He doesnt talk about how is bench is arguably much better than ours.
    He doesnt talk about how CFC has had the luxery of spending much more money on individual players than us.
    He also doesnt talk about how his new signings will help his squad win the Champions League.

Now, I can also put this sentiment back onto our own supporters who think we should forget about the FA cup this year. If we want to compete on 4 fronts next year, surely we should be cabable, no, more than capable with the squad we have now of competing on 2. We are getting back to a fully fit squad, compared to a month or 2 ago where the treatment room was overloaded.

If we are in Eurpoe next year, we have more possibilities for the bigger signings to help us cope with that.

I compelety understand that the league position is priority and opens up a position which we havent seen in too many years, but it would be nice to end the season with that and a trophy. I firmly believe we can do both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mouinho's comments are a touch ridiculous.

It's pathetic tbh...I'm assuming that it's some sort of fiendish (in his head) mind games but I think everyone at Anfield now has the wit and mental fortitude to dismiss it for the steaming pile of horseshoite that it is

The Cups lost a lot of their attraction for me 2 years ago, use it to get Agger match fit, Henderson needs the rest with his injury and I'd play Aspas, deserves it after the role he played on the bench!

I'm not going to be that bothered if we lose and put in a decent performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

brevity wrote: »
    Had anyone seen this? From a few months back obviously.

I would say you shouild be wary of crossing him! He may not be much older than some of the players, but he demands respect...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

team for Sat?

Mignolet
    Flanno - Skrtel - Agger - Cissokho
    Gerrard
    Hendo - Allen
    Sterling - Sturridge - Suarez

subs jones-toure-kelly-couthino-texieria-aspas-moses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Flamini's return will make a big difference from last week.

Utd are out
    Spurs are out
    one of City or Chelsea will be out.

lets fűcking go for this.

Flamini must have only got a 3 match ban, there was talk of it being 4 due to it being his second suspension. Obviously not then!

slingerz wrote: »
    team for Sat?

Mignolet
    Gerrard
    Hendo - Allen

Don't think I would leave Cout out, he seems to be coming into a bit of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Don't think I would leave Cout out, he seems to be coming into a bit of form.

I reckon they will start Allen though and Hendo's work rate keeps him in while Stevie is a guaranteed starter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I reckon they will start Allen though and Hendo's work rate keeps him in while Stevie is a guaranteed starter

but stevie 3 games in a week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

team for Sat?

Mignolet
    Gerrard
    Hendo - Allen

I'd say that side will have a VERY good chance of beating the Arsenal team thats put out on Saturday ;):D

Sunday might be a different matter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Jose will be miffed Hazard didn't get it!!! :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

K-9 wrote: »
    The Cups lost a lot of their attraction for me 2 years ago, use it to get Agger match fit, Henderson needs the rest with his injury and I'd play Aspas, deserves it after the role he played on the bench!

I'm not going to be that bothered if we lose and put in a decent performance.

What in the name of christ is going on with our so called fans these days, what the hell do you mean you wont be bothered if we lose, im sick of this kind of **** tbh why dont you fcuk off and follow someone else then:mad:

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Jose will be miffed Hazard didn't get it!!! :rolleyes: :P

Especially since Chelsea spent years developing him and bringing him through the ranks because they can't afford to buy players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What in the name of christ is going on with our so called fans these days, what the hell do you mean you wont be bothered if we lose, im sick of this kind of **** tbh why dont you fcuk off and follow someone else then:mad:

People would prefer 3 points against Swansea instead of a win on Sunday! Yes it's sad that finishing 4th is held in higher regard than winning the Cup but the Uefa CL has become the be all and end all for all big clubs.

Say we win the FA Cup and finish 5th. Yes we had a day out and Wembley and celebrated the win, it was great. Move onto the summer, we go for a few transfer targets, they take a look at us and, has been the case the past couple of summers they all say 'No thanks' as we don't offer any CL football. We could possibly lose Suarez too. Nobody wants that, we want to see better calibre of player arrive at Melwood during the summer to accompany Suarez! Unfortunately 'FA Cup Winners 2014' won't attract the likes of a Diego Costa, Mikhytaran or Willian to us!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement