Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

They are really poor.

Don't know why I'm still worried but I am

I would worry about them until they are beaten at anfield as I think they will be. You would always worry about a good squad of players jamming their way through games in case they do start to click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Their next 4 league games will tell a story.

Chelsea v Spurs
    Spurs v Arsenal
    Spurs v Southampton
    Liverpool v Spurs

Ok not actually worried any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well we want Spurs to have something to fight for against Chelsea next week. So that wins gives them hope of catching Arsenal for 4th.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not worried about Spurs to be honest. Don't forget, they still have that Europa league as a distraction as well. Fourth place is all but in the bag for me. The real question is whether we can grab third, which would mean we avoid a potentially risky qualifying round.

Spurs might just get something off Chelsea, you never know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

We will soon have to start thinking of players that need to make the ten games to get a PL medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Moses could have a PL medal! That is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Moses to score the winner vs Newcastle on the final day to nick the title from Chelsea. Then them forgetting he's their player and offering us £25 million + Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Moses to score the winner vs Newcastle on the final day to nick the title from Chelsea. Then them forgetting he's their player and offering us £25 million + Hazard.

Is that Salah buck they signed injured or what's the craic?

Wasn't in the squad yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

djPSB wrote: »
    Is that Salah buck they signed injured or what's the craic?

Wasn't in the squad yesterday.

Probably a day off cleaning Roman's boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Remember when Cole went to Lille and there was talk of us having the 1st option on buying Hazard or something along those lines :(

He really is an absolute superstar of a player, can you imagine how amazing we would be with him in our current team.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

billy2012 wrote: »
    Remember when Cole went to Lille and there was talk of us having the 1st option on buying Hazard or something along those lines :(

He really is an absolute superstar of a player, can you imagine how amazing we would be with him in our current team.:pac::pac:

Would be a good option from the bench alright, should Coutinho or Sterling pick up a knock :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mosstin wrote: »
    People are people so why should it be, you and monkey9 should get along so awfully?
    DAMN YOU!!, made me laugh:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

This will never get old.

our captain after the Southampton game. ..:)

https://vine.co/v/MKQneDm5jiV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so...

do we want a Chelsea win, Spurs win or a draw?

your answer will say a lot about your mentality going into the last 10 games.

Spurs win, draw, Chelsea win...in that order for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

djPSB wrote: »
    We will soon have to start thinking of players that need to make the ten games to get a PL medal.

Can we bring back Carra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mike65 wrote: »

Phil Jones and Tom Cleverly say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mike65 wrote: »
    At the expense of chelsea! If any proof of God were needed...:D

SlickRic wrote: »
    so...

do we want a Chelsea win, Spurs win or a draw?

your answer will say a lot about your mentality going into the last 10 games.

Spurs win, draw, Chelsea win...in that order for me.

Ouuuu I really want to commit to us going for the title, and maybe wishing for a Spurs win, but im afraid it will be a case of double or quits, and we get caught for 4th.

so im using my vito and going to coward out and say; lets just concentrate on each 90mins and win what games we can.

Spurs are chasing Arsenal for 4th not us so I say Spurs win over Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Playing it safe, I would be happy with a draw, keep Spurs away from us and potentially 2 points gained on Chelsea. It's prob the best we can hope for with Chelsea being at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

My worst nightmare would be Spurs pipping us to a top 4 place, so I'd find it hard to wish for Spurs to win any game. Draw would be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Easily a spurs win. The following week they are playing Arsenal so in that game any results will help us get closer a top 4 spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

It scares me how many people are taking CL qualification for granted with 10 games to go, and while we are LEVEL with Arsenal.

I'd happily take a draw in the Chelsea/Spurs game as it dents two rivals of ours (granted for 2 different objectives - but still).

I feel Chelsea will drop other points from here till the end, so draws in top 5 match ups suit me fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fizman wrote: »
    It scares me how many people are taking CL qualification for granted with 10 games to go, and while we are LEVEL with Arsenal.

I'm not taking it for granted.

I'd take my chances that Arsenal beat Spurs, and that we won't lose to them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Fifty Jordan Henderson passes have led directly to shots on goal this season. 50. That's immense.

#NoHendoNoParty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Fifty Jordan Henderson passes have led directly to shots on goal this season. 50. That's immense.

#NoHendoNoParty

And still you get fools on twitter saying he's sh1t and shouldn't be playing for us.

And still you get fools on twitter saying he's sh1t and shouldn't be playing for us.

In their defence 50 shots from Henderson have ended up in the crowd behind the goal this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

This is mad.

Bho-zbEIQAA_Cun.jpg
    tumblr_n1sgfnLjyJ1trl8iao1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Henry interview at MIT

Liverpool owner John W Henry says that Luis Suarez did have a £40m buyout clause in his contract, but because player contracts don't mean much in football he won't be forced to sell the club's star players.

Speaking at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in the United States, Henry discussed the situation that arose last summer when Arsenal attempted to sign Suarez by triggering the clause in his contract.

"Luis Suarez is the top scorer in the English Premier League, which is arguably the top soccer league in the world," Henry said.

"He had a buyout clause of £40m. Arsenal, one of our prime rivals – this year we're tied for second... we're actually second because of goal difference.

"They [Arsenal] offered £40m plus £1. What we've found... is that contracts don't seem to mean a lot in England. Actually, in world football.

"It doesn't matter how long a player's contract is, he can decide he's leaving.

"We sold a player, Fernando Torres, for £50m, that we didn't want to sell, we were forced to.

"Since apparently those contracts don't seem to hold, we took the position that we're just not selling.

"We have three gentlemen up front in Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge. They are young. I think Luis or actually those three could be together for a long time."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/great-news-liverpool-fans-owner-says-suarez-sturridge-and-sterling-will-be-anfield-long#BfriL4A72YpBxI05.99

Henry interview at MIT

Liverpool owner John W Henry says that Luis Suarez did have a £40m buyout clause in his contract, but because player contracts don't mean much in football he won't be forced to sell the club's star players.

Speaking at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in the United States, Henry discussed the situation that arose last summer when Arsenal attempted to sign Suarez by triggering the clause in his contract.

"Luis Suarez is the top scorer in the English Premier League, which is arguably the top soccer league in the world," Henry said.

"He had a buyout clause of £40m. Arsenal, one of our prime rivals – this year we're tied for second... we're actually second because of goal difference.

"They [Arsenal] offered £40m plus £1. What we've found... is that contracts don't seem to mean a lot in England. Actually, in world football.

"We sold a player, Fernando Torres, for £50m, that we didn't want to sell, we were forced to.

"Since apparently those contracts don't seem to hold, we took the position that we're just not selling.

"We have three gentlemen up front in Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge. They are young. I think Luis or actually those three could be together for a long time."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/great-news-liverpool-fans-owner-says-suarez-sturridge-and-sterling-will-be-anfield-long#BfriL4A72YpBxI05.99

Am I the only one who sees no good reason for that to be public knowledge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Turtyturd wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

No. Timing is poor for certain. Won't make much of a difference now but anything with the potential to distract focus now needs to be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Is that potentially opening us up to litigation?

on another note, I detest title talk, let's get this champions league spot done and dusted and move on from there

mosstin wrote: »
    No. Timing is poor for certain. Won't make much of a difference now but anything with the potential to distract focus now needs to be avoided.

It will be in the future.

very silly thing to say.

• Advertisement

Part of me thinks it's sowing the seeds for his exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Henry interview at MIT

Even from an Arsenal perspective fair play to him for saying f**k this lets take a chance! Could set an interesting precedent.

I do agree that maybe it's not best disclose it for a few reasons. None more so if it arises that Madrid or someone comes knocking for Suarez?

Turns out they weren't smoking anything at the Emirates though:D

Smart man though obviously. And tough.

Its meaningless now , he's signed a new contract.

But it does put a bit more pressure on Wenger from the fans, there thinking why didn't the club push harder to get Suarez if they knew the clause existed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If the Suarez/Henry story is true, it adds a nicely ironic twist to the Konoplyanka move.

Its meaningless now , he's signed a new contract.

But it does put a bit more pressure on Wenger from the fans, there thinking why didn't the club push harder to get Suarez if they knew the clause existed?

Does the new contract not have clauses? If so it's not meaningless.

Arsenal would have had to be definite about that and pursue legal action. Not a nice route to go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pretty uneasy with it all myself, for a few reasons.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    It will be in the future.

very silly thing to say.

Exactly...even confining it to Suarez it justifies him doing whatever he wants to get a move.

When it comes to bringing players in the club looks like a bunch of chancers.

Also that's the kind of revelation that would shift an extra few copies of an autobiography....not very smart John W.

Arsenal would have had to be definite about that and pursue legal action. Not a nice route to go down.

Maybe it does. But I'd almost guarantee the buy out clause now is a lot more than the 40 mill that was in the old contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Can Arsenal take legal action?
    The terms were between Liverpool and Suarez. Therefore Suarez would/could be entitled to take the club to court for breach of contract

Maybe Henry feels Suarez might be leaving this summer and this is setting the seed, softening the blow, or maybe I'm reading too much into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The contract was between Liverpool and Suarez, nothing to do with Arsenal. If Suarez did not pursue legal proceedings the matter is over.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Can Arsenal take legal action?
    The terms were between Liverpool and Suarez. Therefore Suarez would/could be entitled to take the club to court for breach of contract

Maybe Henry feels Suarez might be leaving this summer and this is setting the seed, softening the blow, or maybe I'm reading too much into it

Any chance he was just bluffing a bit at a conference and the contract release was much more complicated than that?

Maybe he is pulling a Mourinho and taking all the title pressure off the team.....nothing to do now but sit back and watch the papers praise him.

One thing he was right about thought contracts don't mean anything unless you enforce them. Which is what both Liverpool and Utd did last Summer when it came to losing their best players, Now maybe contracts will start to mean something again. Just because a player has a release cluase that still dosen't mean you have to release him to any club.

If two clubs come in with the same amount and the player wants to go x club but y club also met the release clause why sell him to x. He wants out you want the money sell to y then so the player is unhappy because he didn't get to go to x club or he can just stay where he is.

mav79 wrote: »
    The contract was between Liverpool and Suarez, nothing to do with Arsenal. If Suarez did not pursue legal proceedings the matter is over.

Exactly. He's not playing like a player that isn't happy with the current situation is he now?

We need to qualify for the champs league and we won't have to worry about him wanting out!

The man is a winner, and that attitude has to beinfectious to the rest of the squad!

Were second in the table, top scorers in Europe. Arsenal can go spin for all I care to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Part of me thinks it's sowing the seeds for his exit.

I reckon thats it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement