Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

bad2dabone wrote: »
    it's defo chelsea's to lose, but liverpool have a decent chance. The games against city and chelsea will be compelling viewing for the neutral.

if arsenal and liverpool beat chelsea and city liverpool and arsneal go ahead of chelsea and city. its that simple. there is no real points between them and us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

bad2dabone wrote: »
    it's defo chelsea's to lose, but liverpool have a decent chance. The games against city and chelsea will be compelling viewing for the neutral.

Id say the day LFC play spurs you will be an LFC for those 90 minutes .

Id say the day LFC play spurs you will be an LFC for those 90 minutes .

that would be silly

when everton play city ill be wanting everton to beat them

why would an arsenal fan want their title rivals to beat their city rivals who wont be challenging them for a spot

Paulegend wrote: »
    that would be silly

why would an arsenal fan want their title rivals to beat their city rivals who wont be challenging them for a spot

How is it silly ? Spurs seem to be getting the rub of the green right now or have been grinding out wins .
    I can honestly say the quicker spurs start loosing the better . Plus if I was 2nd , 3rd or 4th I would be happy to see a rival beat a team that's in 5th because it allows a cushion . Spurs are only 6 points behind LFC and Arsenal . So they can still catch both teams .

that would be silly

Spurs are on the heels of Arsenal and Liverpool.

They could be level on points with both teams in two weeks if results go their way.

How is it silly ? Spurs seem to be getting the rub of the green right now or have been grinding out wins .
    I can honestly say the quicker spurs start loosing the better . Plus if I was 2nd , 3rd or 4th I would be happy to see a rival beat a team that's in 5th because it allows a cushion . Spurs are only 6 points behind LFC and Arsenal . So they can still catch both teams .

you should always worry about the nearest rivals. dont worry about spurs. we can and should treat them the same way we will treat sunderland. its a game we need to win not to keep them from catching us, but for us to get 3 points closer to the title.

when you are in a marathon you are told to never look behind you. looking back will slow you down. if you keep looking ahead then you will keep going as fast as you can. forget spurs the same way we forgot everton and united.

i hope spurs beat arsenal and chelsea. the same way i hope we beat them because we have to. im sure chelsea and arsenal fans will see it the same way

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Spurs are on the heels of Arsenal and Liverpool.

They could be level on points with both teams in two weeks if results go their way.

and if they are it means chelsea have dropped 3 points and in your scenario we havent lost any points yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't see us taking City and Chelsea at home and even if we do, they both have to drop points somwhere else along the line.

I'm massively happy with the season don't get me wrong, but I really don't see where the title talk is coming from. And that's before we discuss our glass defense.

Liverpool are 2nd in the table. It's virtually impossible to be in that situation and not attract title talk. Not much the club can do about it apart from start losing games.

To have a chance though I think Liverpool would have to win 8 or 9 of their remaining games though. Chelsea's run-in is almost ideal for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    To be crystal clear - I was not suggesting for one second that Rodgers had no less of a clearing out job. I just think that people sometimes forget how much dead wood Kenny was faced with when they negatively assess his transfer record.

I know, just highlighting the amount of players that have been shipped out since we were in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

city have (11 games left)

wigan home
    hull away
    fulham home
    united away
    arsenal away
    southampton home
    liverpool away
    west brom home
    palace away
    everton away
    west ham home
    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    City have 12 games left. They've Villa at home as well.

Just to add the Wigan game is in the FA cup :p

NukaCola wrote: »
    Just to add the Wigan game is in the FA cup :p

lol so i fecked up the fixtues is what your saying:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    A meltdown is long overdue.

I should have waited until today to give my views on Borini, that could have been our Monday Meltdown.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I should have waited until today to give my views on Borini, that could have been our Monday Meltdown.

theres a storm comin :D

TMCL081213POSTCARD-1-6387144.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sure start again;). Its way too quiet on here atm.

Kess is dozing at the office, feet up on the desk, smoking a rollie, havin' a quiet sip of scotch from his hipflask.

TIME TO WAKE HIM UP!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

You want a laugh.

Search #FreeSuarez on twitter

Free Suarez Petition

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

You want a laugh.

someone just replied and said should they not be tweeting..

#FindOzil

:D

You want a laugh.

That is the best laugh I have had in awhile ! I can't believe they even have petitions for it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

He looks quite chubby in that Arsenal shirt. No wonder he called it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Everything is conspiring against Arsenal fans right now. We're above them, Spurs are catching them, a tough set of fixtures ahead with Giroud to interested in his hair. Smacks of desperation

• Advertisement

You want a laugh.

Free Suarez Petition

I wonder what they are smoking at the emirates .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

flanzer wrote: »
    Everything is conspiring against Arsenal fans right now. We're above them, Spurs are catching them, a tough set of fixtures ahead with Giroud to interested in his hair. Smacks of desperation

You have done it now...you're on their hate list alongside every pundit who isn't Charlie Nicholas.......and Kerrigooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

An Arsenal mate of mine sent me the #FreeSuarez hashtag in the summer.

I didn't know it referred to any petition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So an imprisoned Suarez is leading the league in both goals and assists?

Can't wait to see the freed man version. We'll have the title in the bag.

Knex. wrote: »
    So an imprisoned Suarez is leading the league in both goals and assists?

Can't wait to see the free version. We'll have the title in the bag.

I think it's more that they want him for free having splunked a few seasons transfer budget on Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just had a tweet retweeted 5 times.

I can give up now. I'm done.

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street-009.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lads that is one idiot who started that petition!

Please don't take it as a generalisation of all arsenal fans...

Every club has clowns.

Every club has clowns.

Ah come on, nobody mentioned that at all.

You're dead right, every club has its fair share of idiots. Its good to laugh at them though.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Every club has clowns.

we wont Jack dont worry..just a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

You're dead right, every club has its fair share of idiots. Its good to laugh at them though.

This is true, it's embarrassing.

• Advertisement

I laugh at myself and my own idiotic behaviour all the time. And if I laugh at myself, you can bloody well bet your ass that I'm gonna laugh at everyone else too.

You can't say I'm not fair... Just weird. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

5live wrote: »
    Sure start again;). Its way too quiet on here atm.

Kess is dozing at the office, feet up on the desk, smoking a rollie, havin' a quiet sip of scotch from his hipflask.

TIME TO WAKE HIM UP!!!!!

stone-cold-laughing.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Arsenal's last 5 games are all against lower opposition (from memory, apologies if I'm wrong), so If we are 5+ points ahead of them at time I reckon we;ll be grand, otherwise we'll still be looking over our shoulders at them. If they pick up form and start winning games against Chelsea and so on, then it really could be still stupidly tight between the top 4. Anything can really happen at this stage, and to be in the middle of it is fantastic at this stage of the season. I think Santa Claus must have read my wishlist carefully at Christmas:

1. Win the league (top 3 if you can't do the impossible, top 4 if needs be)
    2. Keep Suarez for next season too.
    3. A good surprise signing in the summer.
    4. Something non football related, but I'm easy on that.

This is probably something more poker related than anything, so sorry if it's lost on some, but I'm officially using my 'One Time' on Liverpool winning the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

so lads. What do you think of Liverpools title chances?
    Personally I can see them finishing 3rd (ahead of arsenal who have a very tough run coming up), but I can't really see them breaking into the top two (Chelsea and Man City).

I even heard talk somewhere of a Liverpool fan in this category, but I refuse to believe it.

I SAID I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Don't let jacksparrow fool you's, lads. He's only trying to distract you while his other Arsenal buddies sneak round back and try to free Suarez.

burrenguy wrote: »
    so lads. What do you think of Liverpools title chances?
    Personally I can see them finishing 3rd (ahead of arsenal who have a very tough run coming up), but I can't really see them breaking into the top two (Chelsea and Man City).

That is the logical outcome (or a small variation thereof), but it's great to be in a position to dream for a change. This is probably only the 3rd or 4th time in 22 years that we have been even in sniffing distance at this point. While I'm maintaining realistic views, I see no problems in the bullish expression of belief.

For any of those who may be bookmarking posts in the event of a LFC capitulation or whatever, go and steal ice creams from children or burst their balloons or whatnot.

ONE TIME!

5starpool wrote: »
    I even heard talk somewhere of a Liverpool fan in this category, but I refuse to believe it.

I SAID I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!

;)

You know what they say when you can't figure out who the idiot in the room is...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

You what they say when you can't figure out who the idiot in the room is...

What?..that Knex has gone out .. :D:pac::P

*runs*

• Advertisement

What?..that Knex has gone out .. :D:pac::P

Haha, you could well be right. Bit of a Schrodinger's cat situation for me there though, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Kess73 wrote: »
    stone-cold-laughing.gif

Kess when the minions walk in to his office and disturb him :D

14%252520-%2525201.jpg

You what they say when you can't figure out who the idiot in the room is...

I do. They say always, no wait, NEVER choose the man with the hat as he is as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

I just had people stare at me at work. Cheers for making me laugh, good Sir! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Kess when the minions walk in to his office and disturb him :D

14%252520-%2525201.jpg

As Stunners go, that one is pretty awkward. Doesn't flow from the kick to the head grab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

@Kess just a quick question I remember reading you saying when I joined towards the end of last year that Sterling was seen to be hanging out in the wrong areas of Liverpool with the wrong type of people not sure used those words exactly.

My question has this stopped and has he settled down in Liverpool. It just seems like he is a more focused player over the last few months with no distractions at all. Before this current run you could see distractions in the lad.

• Advertisement

As Stunners go, that one is pretty awkward. Doesn't flow from the kick to the head grab.

Well it is JR...although he took it better than 'The Rodgers......I mean Rock' ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Oh man! No one overdone a stunner reaction like The Rock

1298407_o.gif

Looking back on it, it reminded of the Suarez penalty incident against Arsenal :pac:

76bb93337b7f1cb7bc8fe1d50792eb5f.gif?1392572555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Flanno talking on talksport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Banned the last 2 weeks so Ive missed been involved in the discussion, just a few points..

Title, title- starting to believe we could do it but I still see Chelsea's name on the trophy. I definitely think we can finish top 3 which would be just huge, the transfer plans with CL football could start straight away.

Suarez - the guy is an absolute genius, from his goal, to sterling's pass and then to roping Fonte into an obvious challenge, he has to be the most intelligent player I have ever seen in my 20 year of watching football. Messi and Ronaldo are fantastic players and are better than Suarez but they don't have the football brain this guy has. He deserves to win a PL title.

Borini - absolute nonsense that he cant come back to us and be a very decent squad player. He mugged arguably the top cb in the league and topped it with a brilliant finish. Only 22 , plenty of time on his side.

Rodgers - to get this squad to where we are in march and playing which such confidence is a miracle imo. Outside of SSS and coutinho, there isn't a lot of quality in this squad. Henderson has been great and has Gerrard but that's about it. We have a top young manager here who is improving his tactial knowledge game by game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

@Kess just a quick question I remember reading you saying when I joined towards the end of last year that Sterling was seen to be hanging out in the wrong areas of Liverpool with the wrong type of people not sure used those words exactly.

My question has this stopped and has he settled down in Liverpool. It just seems like he is a more focused player over the last few months with no distractions at all. Before this current run you could see distractions in the lad.

Well don't know if he has stopped hanging out with the same people, but by all accounts he is not being seen hanging out in the same places.

He was pretty hard to miss last year, as he would be seen with certain groups around the entrances of shops and what not.

Have a feeling that Rodgers had a word behind the scenes, and possibly micromanaged some aspects of Sterling's social life similar to what Ferguson did when the likes of Giggs etc were coming through the ranks at Man U.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement