Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Oh man! No one overdone a stunner reaction like The Rock

1298407_o.gif

Looking back on it, it reminded of the Suarez penalty incident against Arsenal :pac:

76bb93337b7f1cb7bc8fe1d50792eb5f.gif?1392572555

That was Suarez doing his best Shawn Micheal's impression. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would also like to activate my 'one time' for our title run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

U21's about to kick off against Reading at 7pm

Line up ......

Merson

Williams
    Jones
    Paez
    Smith

Rossiter
    Chirivella

Dunn
    Lussey
    Peterson

Sinclair

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A bit rich, coming from someone who had Digs against Rodgers, Allen, and Borini, don't you think?

lol, a bit rich?.....

i think its slightly more rich that you werent even a registered user for quite a while on this forum when any of those people came to the club but you seem to know a lot about what i said at the time. Did you have a previous life on this forum before the join date of your current one or did you take the time to read my posts prior to when you registered? ;)

The only thing i ever said about Borini is that i dont rate him and i dont think he will ever,.....ever.....be good enough to start for Liverpool. I also think you will find that i have said long ago that Allen hasnt performed well enough but think he could be cerebral enough to turn it around. But you must know that from reading all my posts prior to when you joined the forum??

Incidentally, neither of those players, who cost us around 30m between them, command a starting place with us, yet you think im being harsh? from 12 months ago, i was right tbh and ive barely mentioned either player for a long time. That may change but so far its correct. Allen has done a lot better but he isnt even close to the level that Henderson has put in in the last 9 months.......a player who was ridiculed far more around here than Allen but i always stood up for. Who is it that's a bit rich again?

Like i said in my previous post about Reina, i think there are some people around here who need to live a bit more, too sensitive. Circle jerk forums are the place for people like this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

daithijjj wrote: »
    lol, a bit rich?.....

i think its slightly more rich that you werent even a registered user for quite a while on this forum when any of those people came to the club but you seem to know a lot about what i said at the time. Did you have a previous life on this forum before the join date of your current one or did you take the time to read my posts prior to when you registered? ;)

The only thing i ever said about Borini is that i dont rate him and i dont think he will ever,.....ever.....be good enough to start for Liverpool. I also think you will find that i have said long ago that Allen hasnt performed well enough but think he could be cerebral enough to turn it around. But you must know that from reading all my posts prior to when you joined the forum??

Incidentally, neither of those players, who cost us around 30m between them, command a starting place with us, yet you think im being harsh? from 12 months ago, i was right tbh and ive barely mentioned either player for a long time. That may change but so far its correct. Allen has done a lot better but he isnt even close to the level that Henderson has put in in the last 9 months.......a player who was ridiculed far more around here than Allen but i always stood up for. Who is it that's a bit rich again?

Like i said in my previous post about Reina, i think there are some people around here who need to live a bit more, too sensitive. Circle jerk forums are the place for people like this tbh.

I was a Lurker here, prior to Joining. So I know your Sentiments along with Alan and LL.

As for the Bolded. You should follow your own Advice. You and your Cohorts were Circle-jerking too, when Rodgers and Co were stumbling. Which of course you conveniently forgot to address in your Post above. Not surprising though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

As Stunners go, that one is pretty awkward. Doesn't flow from the kick to the head grab.

After seeing that gif, I'm delighted Vince sacked JR. He should have been sacked on the spot after taking the stunner that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I just Googled circle-jerk and now I have confusing thoughts in my head.

I was a Lurker here, prior to Joining. So I know your Sentiments along with Alan and LL.

As for the Bolded. You should follow your own Advice. You and your Cohorts were Circle-jerking too, when Rodger and Co were stumbling. Which of course you forgot to address in your Post above.

Rodgers did stumble last year, one example was all out attack in the Europa when playing down the clock for a few mins would have seen us through. That was a blatant manager mistake. He is learning on the job and will continue to make mistakes. Why cant people highlight blatant mistakes?, do you have a problem with it?. Maybe its like the topic of divorce around here, dont mention it inside the church grounds???!!!.

I have given one of Rafa's signings far more stick over the years than any of the people you mentioned. And im completely happy with Borini's replacement, is there anyone who isnt?......but i wont dwell on that episode, you know all about that too, yea?.

The bolded bit is childish, never met either of the posters you mentioned and disagreed with them plenty in the past, but thats surely not news to you, right?. I've had a good row with Mr Alan over the years, maybe the two of us are too old to give a sh1te anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I just Googled circle-jerk and now I have confusing thoughts in my head.
    Some images just dont need to be in anyones head, especially mine.

*shivers*:(

Rodgers did stumble last year, one example was all out attack in the Europa when playing down the clock for a few mins would have seen us through. That was a blatant manager mistake. He is learning on the job and will continue to make mistakes. Why cant people highlight blatant mistakes?, do you have a problem with it?. Maybe its like the topic of divorce around here, dont mention it inside the church grounds???!!!.

I have given one of Rafa's signings far more stick over the years than any of the people you mentioned. And im completely happy with Borini's replacement, is there anyone who isnt?......but i wont dwell on that episode, you know all about that too, yea?.

The bolded bit is childish, never met either of the posters you mentioned and disagreed with them plenty in the past, but thats surely not news to you, right?. I've had a good row with Mr Alan over the years, maybe the two of us are too old to give a sh1te anymore :D
    The Bolded is what People are doing with Reina.

Maybe you think Reina, due to his Good Years with us, doesn't deserve the Flack he's getting around here. But if Gerrard, who has given us so much more, is not Immune to those, then no one is.

Specially, not Reina. Given his Abysmal Form this Season.

Anyway, I can't believe we're Arguing about Reina, when Liverpool is currently 2nd.

This will be my last Post on this, since I don't want to dwell too much on someone on the Periphery, even if he is still a Liverpool Player. Good Luck to Reina , and hopefully he regains his Form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We're second in league? When did that happen?
    Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

opr wrote: »

Line up ......

Merson
    Williams-Jones-Paez-Smith
    ----Rossiter---Chirivella
    Dunn----Lussey---Peterson
    Sinclair
    Opr

They hardly play for two months and suddenly games are coming thick and fast, Jordan Williams is a new name for me.

Dunn and Peterson's decision-making has been Disappointing in this Game.

They are always going for Glory, instead of choosing the better option.

The Bolded is what People are doing with Reina.

Maybe you think Reina, due to his Good Years with us, doesn't deserve the Flack he's getting around here. But if Gerrard, who has given us so much more, is not Immune to those, then no one is.

Specially, not Reina. Given his Abysmal Form this Season.

Anyway, I can't believe we're Arguing about Reina, when Liverpool is currently 2nd.

This will be my last Post on this, since I don't want to dwell too much on someone on the Periphery, even if he is still a Liverpool Player. Good Luck to Reina , and hopefully he regains his Form.

So talk about our current defence then, they are every bit as sh1te as what people seem to think Reina ever was......... and being carried by the great form of our forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A lot of teams not in action this week, but remember teams can go up and down here, so the discrepancy in games played is more or less accounted for here.

From last week:

Morzadec wrote: »
    1. Chelsea: +6
    2. Arsenal: +3.5
    3. City: +3.5
    4. Liverpool: +1.5
    5. Spurs: -4
    6. Everton: -6
    7. United -8.5

Updated:

1. Chelsea: +7
    2. City: +3.5
    3. Liverpool: +2.5
    4. Arsenal: +1.5
    5. Spurs: -3.5
    6. Everton: -5.5
    7. United -8.5

Quite a lot of movement in the top 4 places.

Our position in 3rd here reflects our position as 3rd favourites for the run-in. City are obviously still in a better position than us with their games in hand, and that's shown here. We are in a better position than Arsenal than the real table suggests however, and add in goal difference, FA Cup complications for Arsenal, and recent form, I would put us just about favourites to nab automatic CL qualification from them.

Arsenal are in their worst position since I started this about 9 or 10 games in. Drifting close towards the 0 mark that they have been ahead of all season. I would still be hugely surprised if Spurs managed to catch them or us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

opr wrote: »

Line up ......

Merson

Williams
    Jones
    Paez
    Smith

Rossiter
    Chirivella

Dunn
    Lussey
    Peterson

Sinclair

Opr

Have really lost touch with the U21s and U18s this past year or two. Is anyone standing out to the extent that Sterling was at that level - anyone you'd be 90% confident they'll make it here?

To think we had Sterling, Suso, Flanagan, Wisdom, and Ince all in our youth team at the same time a few years ago - amazing really how much they have all improved. All 5 might be playing PL football next season.

So talk about our current defence then, they are every bit as sh1te as what people seem to think Reina ever was......... and being carried by the great form of our forwards.

Did you have a Vacation on Boards? That's were most of the Moaning around here comes from.

I've lost count on the number of times Agger/Skrtel/Kolo has been called Sh!t or worse. :D

Have really lost touch with the U21s and U18s this past year or two. Is anyone standing out to the extent that Sterling was at that level - anyone you'd be 90% confident they'll make it here?

To think we had Sterling, Suso, Flanagan, Wisdom, and Ince all in our youth team at the same time a few years ago - amazing really how much they have all improved. All 5 might be playing PL football next season.

Brannigan for me. Seems to have a Knack for getting at the right place and the right time.

Not the Best Dribbler by any means, but for me, he's the most Comfortable I've seen with one, amongst our Youth Players.

Rossiter is the obvious candidate even at 16 but because he is so young he may or may not develop at his current trajectory over the next year or two.

Others that catch the eye are Cameron Brannigan, Daniel Tricket Smith, Harry Wilson, Lloyd Jones, Herbie Kane, Seyi Ojo.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Rossiter is the obvious candidate even at 16 but because he is so young he may or may not develop at his current trajectory over the next year or two.

Others that catch the eye are Cameron Brannigan, Daniel Tricket Smith, Harry Wilson, Lloyd Jones, Herbie Kane, Seyi Ojo.

How could I have forgotten Harry? :o

Okay, Brannigan and Harry Wilson for me.

Francie, if he was here, would give another Vote for Rossiter. I am still unsure of Rossiter, but that is due mostly to the Position he plays.

Liverpool 1-2 Reading. Damn!

Reading lead 1-2 Great through ball and run to latch onto it but he had far too much space!

yay Tricky Smith is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Every manger makes mistakes, for me the important thing is not to make the same mistakes repeatedly, as you say he's learning on the job, and in a high profile position you have to learn fast or get the road. In fairness he's' learning quickly

He'll make mistakes next year, and the year after etc, even managers as experienced as Ferguson, Mourinho etc make mistakes (and I'm not attempting to put Rodgers even on that planet).

Did you have a Vacation on Boards? That's were most of the Moaning around here comes from.

I've lost count on the number of times Agger/Skrtel/Kolo has been called Sh!t or worse. :D

Although not as prolific as i used to be due to work, you yourself have thanked 3 or 4 of my posts in this thread the last couple of weeks. I can only have made 5 or 6 posts in that time before today.

You''ll have to stop thanking moaners like me in the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Every manger makes mistakes, for me the important thing is not to make the same mistakes repeatedly, as you say he's learning on the job, and in a high profile position you have to learn fast or get the road. In fairness he's' learning quickly

He'll make mistakes next year, and the year after etc, even managers as experienced as Ferguson, Mourinho etc make mistakes (and I'm not attempting to put Rodgers even on that planet).

Exactly, Bringing Henderson in from the Cold and replacing Shevely (the obvious favourite early on) was the first sign of that for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Kinda the same boat. I haven't seen nearly as much of the youth teams as in past seasons. Certainly no one on Sterling's level that I've noticed.

Rossiter is the one from tonight's team that you'd give the most chance of making it. To be playing CM at 16 in the u21's says all you need to know.

I watched the u18 game on Sunday and Harry Wilson was sensational. Highlights here - http://youth.lfc.vn/ He's the one that in terms of potential you'd be most excited about in attacking terms but haven't seen nearly enough of him to really comment.

Opr

Jack Dunn with a lovely attempt at the end the game.

FT 1-2

Disappointing to lose at Anfield, esp with that being a game in hand (still two left over Fulham who are top).

Should have played Teix, Alberto, Kelly, Moses and Lucas ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    Jack Dunn with a lovely attempt at the end the game.

FT 1-2

Disappointing to lose at Anfield, esp with that being a game in hand (still two left over Fulham who are top).

Should have played Teix, Alberto, Kelly, Moses and Lucas ;)

Should have Won it or at least gotten a Draw.

Lussey's attempt hit the Post and DTS's scuff's the Shot wide after a Good Cross from Bijev.

He is and credit to him. Both in what he says and does. Still doesnt take away from what was pointed out as mistakes at the time. I backed him in the summer when he was clearly p1ssed off with a week of the window left. He was right because the men above him didnt deliver, and they failed to deliver in January too despite what angle is put on it, they failed.

Moving forward, this is my worry, not Rodgers. The form of the forwards team is hiding some real issues imo. Im happy to voice that, people shouldnt take it like some of them do.

If, in 12 months, we are playing 3 games a week and getting top 4, then that will be concrete progress. Im just reserved as someone as awful as Pardew nearly got 4th when his squad only had a half season in cups and a free run for 4 months at the end.

If, in 12 months, we are playing 3 games a week and getting top 4, then that will be concrete progress. Im just reserved as someone as awful as Pardew nearly got 4th when his squad only had a half season in cups and a free run for 4 months at the end.

Would be unfair not to call this season concrete progress. In the 20-odd years of the premier league we have never had as many points after 28 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Would be unfair not to call this season concrete progress. In the 20-odd years of the premier league we have never had as many points after 28 games.

We haven't had this many points after 28 games since 90/91 which is definite progress. This time last season we were on 42.

In fact we've only had higher than our current total TWICE since 85/86

He is and credit to him. Both in what he says and does. Still doesnt take away from what was pointed out as mistakes at the time. I backed him in the summer when he was clearly p1ssed off with a week of the window left. He was right because the men above him didnt deliver, and they failed to deliver in January too despite what angle is put on it, they failed.

Moving forward, this is my worry, not Rodgers. The form of the forwards team is hiding some real issues imo. Im happy to voice that, people shouldnt take it like some of them do.

I agree tat there's the possibility that next season could see a return to recent form, i.e s*ite.

The attacking threat that Liverpool currently carry is certainly papering over cracks, just look at the difference RVP made to Utd last season, his goals masked the deficiencies in midfield, problems that are ever more glaring now.

I think everyone is aware of the problems Liverpool have at the back, problems that need to be rectified.

Personally I hope that confidence will be placed in Rodgers/transfer committee this summer to strengthen the squad. Perhaps, and I'm just guessing that FSG despite hiring him were still a little wary of giving Rodgers a large transfer kitty, if so heres hoping he has shown enough to be trusted with greater funds, they'll be needed if CL football is on the scene next season.
    Of course if the funds are there the pressure is then on Rodgers to invest wisely and fill some of the gaps in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It puts into context how ludicrous our end of season must've been under Rafa in 08/09 for us to finish with 86pts.

We'll need 9 wins and 1 loss to match that.

We're not actually on course for a record of team goals scored in a season.

At this rate we'll get about 99 goals.
    The record is Chelsea under Ancelotti in 09/10 (the only Chelsea team I haven't hated in recent times - Ancelotti is the man). They scored 103.

Of course, if we absolutely nuke some team and score 8 or something (not beyond the realms of possibility) that would change.

Surely you get the point i was making though?

How many of those 20 years were we not in Europe and out of domestic cups early by comparison?

When we qualify for Europe this season do you think this squad as it is now could handle 3 games a week for a large chunk of the season?

Was everyone happy Spurs got through in Europe last week and have more games to focus on?. Why were you happy?, do you expect them to drop more points as a result?. This is inherently the reservation most should hold, and the only point i was making.

That will be our challenge. This season is great but teams can have that run, like i pointed out with Newcastle.

If people believe what they say, then we should be able to pip United for example for players, are people confident that will happen?.

Surely the points im raising here arent controversial or unfair.

Maybe your definition of 'concrete' is different to mine. Mine is defined by what i said before. Newcastle didnt make concrete progress a couple of years ago when they came 5th. The extra games slapped them into reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

What would worry me is that if we do indeed make top 4 and have to deal with top flight european football next season as well as premier league, the squad wont be strong enough. We seem to assume that investment will be made but we cant be certain of that. FSG might see the tv money as revenue and decide not to invest it in the quality needed to compete at the CL level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What would worry me is that if we do indeed make top 4 and have to deal with top flight european football next season as well as premier league, the squad wont be strong enough. We seem to assume that investment will be made but we cant be certain of that. FSG might see the tv money as revenue and decide not to invest it in the quality needed to compete at the CL level

I think they'll be a bit more savvy than that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to see who Brendan Rodgers can recruit when he's got funds as well as being able to offer Champion's Leageu football.

(As long as we don't **** around again)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I agree tat there's the possibility that next season could see a return to recent form, i.e s*ite.

The attacking threat that Liverpool currently carry is certainly papering over cracks, just look at the difference RVP made to Utd last season, his goals masked the deficiencies in midfield, problems that are ever more glaring now.

I think everyone is aware of the problems Liverpool have at the back, problems that need to be rectified.

Personally I hope that confidence will be placed in Rodgers/transfer committee this summer to strengthen the squad. Perhaps, and I'm just guessing that FSG despite hiring him were still a little wary of giving Rodgers a large transfer kitty, if so heres hoping he has shown enough to be trusted with greater funds, they'll be needed if CL football is on the scene next season.
    Of course if the funds are there the pressure is then on Rodgers to invest wisely and fill some of the gaps in the team

Have wifi issues at the mo so will be short.

We dont have to be sh1te though, players will be a year wiser etc and money should be put in.

Indeed, its the same thing, although i do believe all is not right at United apart from that alone.

We all hope that but Rodgers wanted players the club did not get him, both last summer and in January. You could say that happens everywhere but if we are trying to go places we need more quality, you have to pay for quality, it remains to be seen whether Ayre etc are capable of delivering on another level imo.

Gbear wrote: »
    It puts into context how ludicrous our end of season must've been under Rafa in 08/09 for us to finish with 86pts.

It was 9 wins and a draw.

Repeat that and we'd be most likely be Champions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This has become a big concern recently. FSG have made a bollox of transfer windows twice in the last 2 years. If we get top 4, we MUST capitalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I think they'll be a bit more savvy than that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to see who Brendan Rodgers can recruit when he's got funds as well as being able to offer Champion's Leageu football.

(As long as we don't **** around again)

I've been happy with the majority of players we have been linked with - the big boys anyway - Mkhitaryan, Willian, Costa. Hopefully with CL we should be able to seal the deal on players of that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

rarnes1 wrote: »

that cant be right sure dont you remember liverpool crumbled after Rafas fhact rant and it cost us the league

Surely you get the point i was making though?

How many of those 20 years were we not in Europe and out of domestic cups early by comparison?

When we qualify for Europe this season do you think this squad as it is now could handle 3 games a week for a large chunk of the season?

Was everyone happy Spurs got through in Europe last week and have more games to focus on?. Why were you happy?, do you expect them to drop more points as a result?. This is inherently the reservation most should hold, and the only point i was making.

That will be our challenge. This season is great but teams can have that run, like i pointed out with Newcastle.

If people believe what they say, then we should be able to pip United for example for players, are people confident that will happen?.

Surely the points im raising here arent controversial or unfair.

Maybe your definition of 'concrete' is different to mine. Mine is defined by what i said before. Newcastle didnt make concrete progress a couple of years ago when they came 5th. The extra games slapped them into reality.

Of course I get the point you're making, and you're correct that next season will be much tougher. But we have still made a massive leap forward this season.

To an extent, I think our squad this season has been tailored for not being in Europe. A good few players were let out on loan who would otherwise have been here to bulk up our squad if we had more games.
    Now, Wisdom, Suso, Assaidi and Borini might not be top drawer players, but we are only 18 months into some major rebuilding. The squad is being improved bit by bit, similar to how it improved under Rafa. He signed a lot of players, a lot of whom didn't work out, but brick-by-brick it all came together - Alonso ... Reina ... Agger ... Torres ... Mascherano

Competing on multiple fronts is the next step. Getting top 4 and consolidating it next season will be a major ask. But you have to think that we will spend a significant amount of money in the summer if we make the CL.

I don't really think the comparison with Newcastle is valid. They were an average side who ground their way into contention for the top 4. We have shown on quite a few occasions that we have that we can be a cut above that level. We can destroy even some of the best teams in the league and as an attacking force we look top class a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The one thing id worry about in the summer is how fsg/transfer committee seem to set a valuation for players and wont budge any higher from it, essentially meaning we'll instantly fold if it comes to a bidding war with rival clubs. Cant afford that in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If we keep Suarez and Sturridge and add players like Konoplayanka to what's already there, there is no reason why we won't be banging in goals again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well don't know if he has stopped hanging out with the same people, but by all accounts he is not being seen hanging out in the same places.

He was pretty hard to miss last year, as he would be seen with certain groups around the entrances of shops and what not.

Have a feeling that Rodgers had a word behind the scenes, and possibly micromanaged some aspects of Sterling's social life similar to what Ferguson did when the likes of Giggs etc were coming through the ranks at Man U.

There is a striking similarity between his tweets and those of Daniel S lately - on a spiritual level. Perhaps Daniel has taken the young man under his wing and this has had a positive effect - not that I approve of such Spaghetti Monster worship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

klose wrote: »
    The one thing id worry about in the summer is how fsg/transfer committee seem to set a valuation for players and wont budge any higher from it, essentially meaning we'll instantly fold if it comes to a bidding war with rival clubs. Cant afford that in the summer.

If we continue in the transfer market as we have for the last couple of years, CL or no CL won't make a blind bit of difference. We need to be decisive, aggressive, willing to pay the going rate, and accept that the 'going rate' might be higher than we'd like it to be when there are other interested parties. Otherwise we're in for a disappointing summer.

djPSB wrote: »
    If we keep Suarez and Sturridge and add players like Konoplayanka to what's already there, there is no reason why we won't be banging in goals again next season.

Assuming the first stays and the second can stay injury free then definitely goals should be plentiful, maybe not to the same extent, but plentiful all the same.
    Maybe if CL is achieved, a higher calibre of player to Konoplayanka may be gettable.

Now if only they could be kept out at the other end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Assuming the first stays and the second can stay injury free then definitely goals should be plentiful, maybe not to the same extent, but plentiful all the same.
    Maybe if CL is achieved, a higher calibre of player to Konoplayanka may be gettable.

Now if only they could be kept out at the other end

Either way, Konoplayaka is going to be fairly sickened that he missed out on a PL medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

rarnes1 wrote: »

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I reckon the owners are only dying for some tangible proof of improvement and will then invest heavily, ie champions league, where is the stadium btw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement