Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You wouldn't mind the other two kits being blue so

This hang up on blue is mad! We bang on about heritage well... Blue was the original colour of the LFC kit, we've had blue in the away kit numerous times (4 times in the last 14 years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This hang up on blue is mad! We bang on about heritage well... Blue was the original colour of the LFC kit, we've had blue in the away kit numerous times (4 times in the last 14 years)

I honestly couldn't care either but I thought you might be one of those that did. So I see that you were 100% honest when you said you didnt care what they look like as long the home one is red.
    Paves the way for the El Hadji Diouf portrait 3rd kits so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't care either but I thought you might be one of those that did. So I see that you were 100% honest when you said you didnt care what they look like as long the home one is red.
    Paves the way for the El Hadji Diouf portrait 3rd kits so.

thats it though. once our home kit is half decent and is red thats all that matters. the rest is really just for the young fans and the tourist fans to buy. the away jersey is needed but seriously the 3rd kits are just for cash. its rare that you face a team and actually HAVE to use your 3rd kit. as long as it brings in some much needed income thats all that matters. ill just wear my home jersey and my retros and ill be happy :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Collectively next seasons kits are a decent step up on the current ones, obviously its hard to get a true feel for them but the second and third shirts look much better than the current ones even if they are only 2d mock ups. Really wish we could keep the current home shirt though. Keeper shirts are as nice as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Barone, fantastic post, even if you didn't write it, still top class sharing, well played.

• Advertisement

Mignolet Mignolets that's a great line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

if only this table could stand

If only goals scored by english players counted

Bh960_2CQAA_rom.png

Funny you should highlight this given the discussion via-a-vis Dalglish and his "buy British" policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mike65 wrote: »
    Funny you should highlight this given the discussion via-a-vis Dalglish and his "buy British" policy.

Mike, ya spoon! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I just seen it on twitter and thought wow look at Man City only 1 goal from an English player all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Paulegend wrote: »
    complete man love for the guy since he came out with that. i think it impressed even some of the doubters

I fully believe that he is 100% behind us. They want to win, not just in it for the money. No-one buys a sports team only to make money, it's not a wise investment compared to most things you could do with a few hundred milion! And with the stadium project, it is clear they are in for the longer haul.

Funnily enough, the areas that we probably thought we haven't invested in enough (CM, goalscoring wide players) are not our problem this season. And the position where we bought 3 new players (CB) has seen the most concern! Henry must be scratching his head wondering what we'll do next - focus on more goals, instead of conceding less?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

with regard the text size ,it was just one text,standard. using a s4 ,was sent from a iphone ..that's as far as my tech knowledge goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dickerty wrote: »
    I fully believe that he is 100% behind us. They want to win, not just in it for the money. No-one buys a sports team only to make money, it's not a wise investment compared to most things you could do with a few hundred milion! And with the stadium project, it is clear they are in for the longer haul.

Funnily enough, the areas that we probably thought we haven't invested in enough (CM, goalscoring wide players) are not our problem this season. And the position where we bought 3 new players (CB) has seen the most concern! Henry must be scratching his head wondering what we'll do next - focus on more goals, instead of conceding less?

More goals, I could live with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dickerty wrote: »

I'm a fan of them myself, but a more cynical man could make the case that what he did was for the money. Losing Suarez for his contracted 40 million would be losing their greatest asset at around half his value. Holding out has meant they could now sell for closer to 80 million if they so choose.

I don't think that's the case, but their decision definitely made sense from a financial point of view just as much as from a sporting point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

rob316 wrote: »
    More goals, I could live with that :D

messi ribery ronaldo and ibra in our defence next season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Has this been posted?

Have never posted anything found on Twitter here before but it's on their site too...

"Football Paradise ‏@Football_P 1m

Suso rejected a contract extension with Liverpool and is keen on a move to Sevilla - Eldesmarque #LFC"

And then here: http://www.eldesmarque.com/sevilla/60589-suso-en-el-horizonte-del-sevilla

Wouldn't be surprised, but would be a bit annoyed. I know we can't keep everybody happy, but had Suso marked down as a good option when he came back...

Its already been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

According to Anfield Insider
    Brendan Rodgers earnt himself an official verbal warning in Feb for public & private comments on the club's executive

Bh-scdUIgAEmJ03.jpg

Carina Anders ‏@CarinaAnders 25m
    @Anfieldlnsider hm.. really? Got a warning for that? Pathetic.
    The Anfield Insider™ ‏@Anfieldlnsider 22m
    @CarinaAnders
    The general assigning of blame for transfers on the executive Carina.
    Led to believe internal comments were far more barbed.

Ppppppftttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Slow news day week two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will he get written warning for leaking about getting that verbal warning now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rumoured that 5 Liverpool players are starting for England tonight. Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge. No injuries please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ssn just confirmed 5 start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Johnson starting - how?

Here's my Southpooland team for Brazil

Hart
    Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lallana----
    Sterling--- Sturridge ----Welbeck

Forster, Shaw, Caulker, Flanagan, Wilshire, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Here's my Southpooland team for Brazil

Hart
    Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lallana----
    Sterling--- Sturridge ----Rooney

Forster, Shaw, Caulker, Flanagan, Wilshire, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lambert

There is no way welbeck could start over Rooney .

There is no way welbeck could start over Rooney .

Oh I know that, but as Rooney will get red carded in the heat in the first game I thought I'd just spare him and England the bother!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Agger starting for Denmark ?

Suarez starts for Uruguay against Austria.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Oh I know that, but as Rooney will get red carded in the heat in the first game I thought I'd just spare him and England the bother!

Be careful or you'll get accused of being obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

D'Agger wrote: »
    Johnson starting - how?

You mean in terms of form? I agree the mind boggles but he's the one Liverpool player I'm very glad to see playing. Needs the games. tbh given the break we have the game is probably no bad thing for any of our players as long as they all return injury free.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

D'Agger wrote: »
    Johnson starting - how?

Walker pulled out so they've no other right backs unless they shoe horn smalling or jones there.

Agger starting for the Danes as well. That's the evening spent praying for no injuries.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

opr wrote: »
    You mean in terms of form? I agree the mind boggles but he's the one Liverpool player I'm very glad to see playing. Needs the games. tbh given the break we have the game is probably no bad thing for any of our players as long as they all return injury free.

Opr

Spot on.

only Liverpool player I wanted to see play...I have a really bad feeling that these stupid friendlies will impact in our run-in :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Agger starting for the Danes as well. That's the evening spent praying for no injuries.

Big time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

barone wrote: »
    The last 10 games

24 ****ing years and now, NOW they're gonna believe us.

Can you feel it?

Whoever wrote that is a genius...... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Premier League - Liverpool and Monaco safe from FFP rules for 2014-15
    Liverpool and other clubs such as Monaco who are not playing in Europe this season will not have to pass UEFA's break-even rule in order to take part in the next Champions League campaign, it has been confirmed.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-liverpool-wont-face-ffp-assessment-183237075--sow.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aside from maybe Smalling, that's the England team I think i'd have put out. Maybe Lallana for Wilshire on current form, but it's a toss up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

barone wrote: »
    The last 10 games

If Carlsberg done run in's...

United - Suarez runs around Old Trafford nutmegging himself as he scores a hat-trick. The stretty end eats itself in a fit of rage as Moyes claims he's pleased they only conceded 5 and got to the byline 8 times. Now they're gonna believe us.

Cardiff - Total destruction, Vincent Tan marches down from the stand in 65th minute and fires Solskjaer on the sideline. Fabio has to be brought to hospital with rectal bleeding after the raping he took from Sterling. Now they're gonna believe us.

Sunderland - A resurgent Sunderland full of confidence after their great cup form only concede 6. Borini sitting in the stands, bites his own hand after every goal as a mark of respect to Suarez. Now they're gonna believe us.

Spurs - Tim Sherwood turns up on a big red bus to Liverpool street, London. Soldado missed it. We win. Now they're gonna believe us.

West Ham - Andy Carroll is standing in the center circle telling Downing to lump it into the box. Kevin Nolan tackles himself at the corner flag and gets sent off. Rodgers out tactics Fat Sam by telling his team to use the ball to score goals. Now they're gonna believe us.

Man City - Flanagan breaks Yaya in half with a tackle in the first minute. One Ya isn't as good as two. Henderson sets the record for most distance ever covered in a PL game. Rodgers takes him off after 35 minutes with the game already won. Now they're gonna believe us.

Norwich - Suarez scores, Sturridge dances, Skrtel stares, Cissokho smiles, Mignolet mignolets. Now they're gonna believe us.

Chelsea - The decider, deadlocked after 93 minutes as Sterling skins Ivanovic and floats one last hopefull ball into the box. It's cleared by Englands brave John Terry..... but only as far as Steven GERRARRRRRDDDDDDDDD who smashs it from 25 yards and bursts a hole in the net. Mourinho is going mental on the sideline claiming it never crossed the line. Torres cries. YNWA erupts around Anfield the likes of which hasn't being heard in 9 years. Now they're gonna believe us.

Crystal Palace - Sakho asks for more balls to be lumped into the box but there are no more. The travelling Kop are having a party - Now they're gonna believe us.

Newcastle - Kevin Keegan claims he'd love it, LOVE IT if he could get a ticket to the game. He can't. Rodgers erects a giant perch in the dugout and sits on it as he watchs the game. JW Henry puffs a cigar, Linda is wrapped in a clean sheet. Aldo screams. God prays. The King has tears in his eyes. The Kop sings as it's never sang before. 24 ****ing years and now, NOW they're gonna believe us.

Can you feel it?

Bitta fun ðŸ˜

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hodgson trying to play Liverpool's exact system

Sturridge is playing as the LW, with Rooney the main man up top. Gerrard and Hendo in similar roles as they play for us. Sterling RW and Johnson RB.

Not wanting to play Rooney deeper and sacrificing a CM, is probably what is seeing Sturridge out wide. Unlucky that the leading English goal scorer can't get a game as the CF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Just dont want any of our players getting injured in a pointless friendly !

• Advertisement

Sturridge possibly injured and he wasn't even on the pitch!

Saw that myself too. Think he's OK. Looked iffy after keeping the ball in play.

I trust we're all watching the England game? More interest in seeing the Liverpool lads than the Irish match.

I trust we're all watching the England game? More interest in seeing the Liverpool lads than the Irish match.

I've them both open, side by side, but I've barely looked at the Irish game, tbh.

Said my bit before on here on my interest in Liverpool exceeding that of Ireland.

Watching England is like watching Liverpool under Roy - noticeably slower in thought and action than the current team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Spot on.

only Liverpool player I wanted to see play...I have a really bad feeling that these stupid friendlies will impact in our run-in :/
    Just dont want any of our players getting injured in a pointless friendly !

18 subs on the England bench - would imagine some of them will be taken off at half time.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Watching England is like watching Liverpool under Roy - noticeably slower in thought and action than the current team.

Out of form Rooney and Wilshire is the main thing tonight. He couldn't have set them up any more like Liverpool otherwise, tbh. It is slower alright, and the build up from the back is different too.

Rooney has been as bad as I've ever seen him. Which is good news for next week, perhaps. Wilshire, as I said, not great either. Also good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

You can still pick out the likes of sterling sturridge Gerrard tho... Always looking to go forward and move ball quickly. Rooney and wheelchair slowing it down continuously.

Dagger to give Rooney a kick .....

Wheelchair :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Knex. wrote: »
    Out of form Rooney and Wilshire is the main thing tonight. He couldn't have set them up any more like Liverpool otherwise, tbh. It is slower alright, and the build up from the back is different too.

Rooney has been as bad as I've ever seen him. Which is good news for next week, perhaps. Wilshire, as I said, not great either. Also good news.
    You're just getting spoiled from watching too much good football;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement