Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Might have been mentioned already but Lucas and Sakho back in action tonight for the reserves.

I'll be recording that for later! I hope Rossiter and Jones get a chance to play alongside these experienced players, will do them no end of good.

Would like to see Wilson called up to this game as well, we need that creativity out wide with Ibe on loan. Take your pick from DTS, Dunn, Brannagan, Peterson, Lussey, Teix and Sinclair across the attack. Personally, I would play Teix from the left, Wilson from the right, and DTS behind Sinclair...

On the topic of this team they have done a great job of trying players out in different positions, especially in that #10 or CAM role. DTS, Dunn, Brannagan, Rossiter, Lussey, Teix and Rodden have all played there in different games. It really makes the player appreciate what it takes to be that focul point...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

priorities priorities :confused:

ummm....

go for the title so wish Spurs beat Chelsea

or

hope Chelsea beat Spurs and concentrate on 3rd

I am leaning towards wanting Chelsea beaten as we wont have another distraction free opportunity at the title again for a very long time I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I want a draw, or Spurs to win. We haebv a good gap on them now, effectively 7 points, so I am more interested in keeping attached to Chelsea until they come to Anfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Why can't they both lose?
    30 players involved in fisty cuffs, Mourinho with 2 black eyes cowering in tears from Tim. Match abandoned, 10 point deduction each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Agueroooo wrote: »
    priorities priorities :confused:

ummm....

go for the title so wish Spurs beat Chelsea

or

hope Chelsea beat Spurs and concentrate on 3rd

I am leaning towards wanting Chelsea beaten as we wont have another distraction free opportunity at the title again for a very long time I think.

There is a 3rd alternative that sees them both drop 2 points... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Chelsea will spank Spurs.

I cant believe Spurs are only 6 points behind us. They are average at best this season, and at times absolutely awful.
    They have 6 1-0 wins in the league. While that can be viewed as impressive, there is no denying they really lucked out in at least half of those games.

NukaCola wrote: »

I cant believe Spurs are only 6 points behind us. They are average at best this season, and at times absolutely awful.
    They have 6 1-0 wins in the league. While that can be viewed as impressive, there is no denying they really lucked out in at least half of those games.

I hear ya but 6 1-0 gives you the same points as 6 10-0 wins.

Spurs are there because of the points total they have, and nothing else matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ocassionally so did we. You get the same number of points whether you win 1-0 or 4-3.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hoping spurs and chelsea draw this weekend. we would be an impressive 5 behind chelsea and 5 ahead of spurs with a game in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Draw would do me fine as well, but I cannot for the life of me see Spurs coping with Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'm hoping for a Spurs win. Chelsea losing and Tim Sherwood cementing his place as manager of Spurs is effectively both teams losing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Might have been mentioned already but Lucas and Sakho back in action tonight for the reserves.

Apparently this is the team tonight for the reserves.

Mersin
    Williams
    Jones
    Sakho
    Smith
    Lucas
    Rossiter
    Dunn
    Brannagan
    Texiera
    Bijev

Should be interesting to watch the mix of youth and experience on show.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I honestly think we need to win every game to win the league. Chelsea have finally got their defence in order and are a team of winners, with a manager who knows how to grind out ugly wins. They will definitely beat spurs this weekend, and will probably beat arsenal as well. I see them dropping very few points in the run in unfortunately

It's all gravy on the Spurs/Chelsea result front, no matter what it has a pretty big upside for us. Personally if I could choose, I'd gamble on a Spurs win as Chelsea have by far the easiest run in.
    After Spurs on Saturday, seven of Chelsea's last nine games are against teams in the bottom half; and six of those are against teams in the bottom seven!

The other two games are Arsenal (H) & Liverpool (A)

Opr

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I hear ya but 6 1-0 gives you the same points as 6 10-0 wins.

Spurs are there because of the points total they have, and nothing else matters.
    Ocassionally so did we. You get the same number of points whether you win 1-0 or 4-3.

Of course and i agree with both of you. Spurs have won 10 games by 1 goal. Points are all that matter.

My actual point is they are very average and have gotten lucky this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If we want a shot at the title as long as it is we need Spurs to beat Chelsea this weekend. We still have to play Spurs at home so if and when we beat them at Anfield we have done as much as we can against Spurs the rest of their season is out of our hands we would have taken 6 from 6 from a rivial.

Then it is time for us to move on to City and Chelsea at home and win those games. But we need teams to beat or take points off our title rivials. Yes I did say title rivials not 4th place rivials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Of course and i agree with both of you. Spurs have won 10 games by 1 goal. Points are all that matter.

My actual point is they are very average and have gotten lucky this season.

They haven't really been flamboyant, but they have been for the most part solid. If you take away the games against Liverpool and man City, they've only conceded 17 goals in 25 games which is almost titel-winning defense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

They haven't really been flamboyant, but they have been for the most part solid. If you take away the games against Liverpool and man City, they've only conceded 17 goals in 25 games which is almost titel-winning defense.

Their defence is keeping them in the race for top 4, certainly not their attack.

Just take a look at some of their 1-0 wins.

Crystal Palace win at the start of the season. 2 shots on target. One of those was the penalty that won them the game 1-0.

Swansea matched them, had the same amount of chances on target (5), but one of those again was a penalty that won Spurs the game 1-0.

Cardiff in September, they won the game with a 93 minute winner.

Hull City in October, another penalty that won them the game.

They were outplayed at Everton and really didnt deserve the win but credit to them they took all 3 points.

Beat a terrible Cardiff side 1-0.

Anyway tl;dr version is I'm not worried about Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think the result we don't want is Spurs winning. That would be a major boost for them and put them right back into the mix. Draw is best and after that Chelsea winning because I can't see them messing up too many of their remaining games such is their relatively easy run-in.

But really it's the draw we want. Both drop points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I saw this just now and it shows how good Daniel Sturrigde has been since his move a year and abit ago .

1972469_439368859541985_1757695425_n.jpg

opr wrote: »
    It's all gravy on the Spurs/Chelsea result front, no matter what it has a pretty big upside for us. Personally if I could choose, I'd gamble on a Spurs win as Chelsea have by far the easiest run in.
    After Spurs on Saturday, seven of Chelsea's last nine games are against teams in the bottom half; and six of those are against teams in the bottom seven!

The other two games are Arsenal (H) & Liverpool (A)

Opr

Agree it's all gravy for us, same goes for when United play City, Arsenal play Spurs, Chelsea, City and Everton (!). Everton have to play United and City too - loads of big games that'll help sway the fight for the top 4 places.

Re: Chelsea's easy run in - the fact that 6 of those teams are in the bottom seven is tough for Chelsea, same as when we'll play 4 of those bottom seven teams as well.

Easy run in will be when you're playing mid table teams with nothing to fight for. Bottom 7 teams will be fighting for all their worth, even if their results have been poor to date, they'll have to up their game. Only 8 points separating them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I saw this just now and it shows how good Daniel Sturrigde has been since his move a year and abit ago .

Sturridge is a goal machine at the moment, but that is some shocking stat re welbeck. Dreadful goalscoring record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Apparently this is the team tonight for the reserves.

Mersin
    Williams
    Jones
    Sakho
    Smith
    Lucas
    Rossiter
    Dunn
    Brannagan
    Texiera
    Bijev

Should be interesting to watch the mix of youth and experience on show.

Opr

#LFCU21s team to face West Ham: Mersin, Williams, Smith, Jones, Sakho, Lucas, Peterson, Lussey, Dunn, Brannagan, Teixeira.

#LFCU21s substitutes: Paez, Firth, Maguire, Rossiter, Bijev

heh! Lucas is playing like he is still at Gremino!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Sturridge is a goal machine at the moment, but that is some shocking stat re welbeck. Dreadful goalscoring record.

I'd say the whole of Chelsea FC must be flipping that he was sold and not given a chance . Yeah it is a shocking , a striker is on the field to score goals and will be jugded mostly on their goal scoring . As good as work rate and the likes is a striker needs to score .

Think we're well worth a few quid on the evidence of the first 15. Even money at the moment. (Reserve game)

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I'm nervous about the Chelsea vs Spurs match and I've no idea which result I'd prefer. This is Liverpool's best chance to win the league in an age, (even better than 08/09 since we still have to play City and Chelsea). If Chelsea win I'll be a little bit disappointed as it'll hurt our title chances but then the pressure is lowered significantly for the top 4 spot which I think we can all agree was more of a dream situation than an expectation last August.
    However.........this pool team has serious belief at the moment and I would suggest that if Spurs were to win Liverpool would smell blood which is an exciting thought.
    Personally I believe nobody will be happy/sad with the result until Liverpool play Man U.
    I suppose a draw is by far the safest result. If we continue winning we'll overtake Chelsea anyway, and to keep winning is something we'll have to do anyway to have a chance of lifting the title.

Loving the way we can have this discussion without too many opposing fans sniggering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dunno where they are getting the stats from because sturridge has 21 in 24 games for us this year, not 28?

Very impressive nonetheless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

klose wrote: »
    Dunno where they are getting the stats from because sturridge has 21 in 24 games for us this year, not 28?

They're tacking on last seasons games as well for a total of 1 season's worth.

klose wrote: »

Calendar year since he signed I'm guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There is no way chelsea will loose to spurs at the bridge, im not even entertaining the thought.

• Advertisement

Howler from the keeper.

Brannagan has really come on this season. Lovely little player.

1-0 Liverpool at half time. Incredible goal :pac:

Opr

Sakho off after going down injured but it looks like cramp. Smiling and laughing as he goes off so I presume everything is OK.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Sakho off after going down injured but it looks like cramp. Smiling and laughing as he goes off so I presume everything is OK.

Opr

Where can the match be viewed? TV channel/website?

BenThere wrote: »
    Where can the match be viewed? TV channel/website?

I'm watching a stream (sent ya a link) but it's on LFCTV.

Opr

Nice goal, 2-0.

Picturesque? what a way to describe a goal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is sakho ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The U21s have no strikers really. Doing okay despite that - well placed to win the League. The Chelsea of Kids! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is sakho ok?

Yup, him and lucas should be ok for next weekend. Doubt lucas will start but hopefully sakho will to help with the presumable large amount of crosses united will make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I think the result we don't want is Spurs winning. That would be a major boost for them and put them right back into the mix. Draw is best and after that Chelsea winning because I can't see them messing up too many of their remaining games such is their relatively easy run-in.

But really it's the draw we want. Both drop points.

I think arsenal fear a spurs victory more than we do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Their defence is keeping them in the race for top 4, certainly not their attack.

Just take a look at some of their 1-0 wins.

Crystal Palace win at the start of the season. 2 shots on target. One of those was the penalty that won them the game 1-0.

Swansea matched them, had the same amount of chances on target (5), but one of those again was a penalty that won Spurs the game 1-0.

Cardiff in September, they won the game with a 93 minute winner.

Hull City in October, another penalty that won them the game.

They were outplayed at Everton and really didnt deserve the win but credit to them they took all 3 points.

Beat a terrible Cardiff side 1-0.

Anyway tl;dr version is I'm not worried about Spurs.

The Hull penalty was an absolute joke.

United should have a stonewall penalty to level it up.

Sandro might well have been penalized for a hand ball against Sunderland.

They won a match at the start of the season with an arguable dive from Townsend (opposition escapes me).

That's 8 points that could (in 2 cases absolutely should) have gone against them

They have been extremely fortunate this season imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Danny has being with the club since 2001 or 11 years of age so won't get much, if any abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How did Lucas & Sakho do tonite?
    Didn't get to watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

RasTa wrote: »
    Danny has being with the club since 2001 or 11 years of age so won't get much, if any abuse.

azr3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

GTR63 wrote: »
    How did Lucas & Sakho do tonite?
    Didn't get to watch it

Sakho was solid and was like a leader at the back barking orders and helping out the young em's,

He did take a knock but if was nothing, and was subbed late on after getting cramp.

Lucas came through ok, was going in on a few tackles, with was good to see.

All in all a good run out for both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

brevity wrote: »

Dont bother. We will just be outbid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bleacher Report is useless IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Probably.

It being a World Cup year, it will make all the rumours 10 times worse.

Would be nice if we had our targets identified and snapped up before it all kicks off but that's very wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Sakho was solid and was like a leader at the back barking orders and helping out the young em's,

He did take a knock but if was nothing, and was subbed late on after getting cramp.

Lucas came through ok, was going in on a few tackles, with was good to see.

All in all a good run out for both.
    I saw a stat the other day along the lines of having Agger in the defence over Sakho had us having more points and more clean sheets this season.

I am trying to find it but cant track back on the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement