Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received.

Options
  • 13-02-2014 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I received an infraction yesterday. Myself and the mod are at an impasse. I was told I broke the law which was the reason I received a card. I haven't broken any law, which the mod has since admitted. I can't link to the thread as I can't find it. Feel free to read all pm's. I've scoured the charter and can't find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll start looking into this. Can you at least tell me the topic on which you posted, and the name of the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Apologies for being so vague. It was work problems and the mod was Mrs Obumble.

Yes

Having looked into this, I uphold the warning awarded by Mrs OBumble.

We cannot detail every possible offence in the forum charters, so moderators are also allowed apply discretion when posts like yours appear. This is outlined in the Boards FAQ page.

If you're happy to accept this decision, then we can mark this dispute as resolved. Otherwise, you can ask for an Admin review.

• Advertisement

Admin please look at. The moderator clearly said I got an infraction for doing something illegal. I didn't do anything remotely illegal. You haven't even explained what you think I've done to warrant an infraction. What's the point in having individual charters if a mod has carte Blanche to do what they like? What exactly did I do?

You offered to assist someone lie in a job process by supplying a copy of your passport information.

Admin review requested.

dudara wrote: »
    You offered to assist someone lie in a job process by supplying a copy of your passport information.

Admin review requested.

Wow, this gets better. Is it against boards rules to lie now?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, so to be clear here, you got a warning, not an infraction. A warning you got for offering to copy part of your passport for someone else to use it. And you honestly think you did nothing wrong and think it's OK to waste everyone's time here appealing it?

A passport is a legal document, therefore misuse of it is a breach of the Boards Terms of Use:
    You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:

* post Material that promotes or encourages illegal activity facilitate or encourage any violation of these Terms of Use

Given the breach of the Terms of Use, you should consider yourself extremely lucky that you only received a warning. Had I seen it you'd be currently appealing a siteban in Prison.

Warning upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement