Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap laptop screen replacement?

Options
  • 13-02-2014 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know anywhere in galway city that does cheap laptop screen replacements? Need my laptop fixed asap. Would appreciate any help! Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

its a easy fix yourself takes 30 minutes at most remove about 6 screws in front

pry off cover then take 4 screws on either side of frame,you need small Philip screw driver lift up sellotape that holds in flat cable to screen

on back of screen it will tell you screen number you need order it from ebay then install

when taking off screws or putting them on do it on a surface you can see them as they will drop-a carpet is bad

I don't know why its so hard to get a cheap screen in Ireland it should be much less,these are about the cheapest but you have to use paypal and you cant collect it,they send it overnight, this posting is only example put your screen number in search on ebay and only search in Ireland they over night it

-any one that can use a screwdriver could change a screen

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LP156WH4-TL-Q2-LG-15-6-HD-LED-LAPTOP-DISPLAY-LP156WH4-TLQ2-SCREEN-277-/221351430418?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item338992c912

video of how to change screen,i use the tape to pull out the flat cable and push it back in, your ment to squeeze tabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARXdgd5rGc

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Thanks for the reply lads. It's for an asus X501A by the way. I sent off a few emails ( thanks above poster) and I'll see what they quote me and I'll check around town tomorrow and if they can do it that day and at a reasonable price I will let someone else do it for me, but If price is too steep I will buy and fix myself , should be easy enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

they usually do it for 99 euro they probably buy the screen for 30

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A number of businesses mentioned here

Advertisement