Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full refund?

Options
  • 13-02-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I bought a ip camera back in september for security on my farm. I am not happy with it. They are based a good bit away from me like 2 countys away. I had an issue with the settings lately and rang them up for help. After an hour or more of him tryn to fix the issue from his side over the phone with me, and me having to go up and down to the farm to check "wat lights are on now" to no avail, he sent out someone to look at it. It turned out not to be da camera fault but the router box. He said it will cost €70 to repair!!!. I told him where to shove it and to take away the camera altoghter and give me my money back. Suddenly then he wud do it for free :-D so he fixed it and the owner rang me back to say "never ring me again about it". I now want to know can i get a full refund and should i get my legal representive to ask him for the refund given his disgracefull attitude and customer service??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first thing to determine is if the camera/equipment is faulty or not fit for the purpose intended. If that is the case, then you are entitled to look for a refund, replacement or repair.

Has the camera been working OK since the repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Did the company supply the router or the IP camera? You said you bought an IP camera but the fault was with the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭neutralvu

Router and camera all theres. Cameras working fine enough but the quality of picture is horrible because of the slow internet in the country area im in. Its a calving camera for cattle. The customer service is so totten i just want to gey rid of it in case ive any more problems and have no where to turn with it

So rotten*

How can u determine if its not fit for intended purpose? Im not happy with it and the quality and customer service is terrible. I want my refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

neutralvu wrote: »
    How can u determine if its not fit for intended purpose? Im not happy with it and the quality and customer service is terrible. I want my refund.

I know nothing about ip cameras but it just might be a basic camera.its for calving you need something id imagine that would be good in low light up places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Router and camera all theres. Cameras working fine enough but the quality of picture is horrible because of the slow internet in the country area im in. Its a calving camera for cattle. it

Camera provider is not responsible for internet signal/ speed quality. Your internet provider is. You may also need to consider the distance between your router and the camera (shed from house) and whether a booster is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Your comeback for a faulty item is one of the 3 'R's. Your comeback for bad customer service is to not shop there again. From what you have described, it really doesn't sound like the item is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

sounds like the problem is with your broadband provider. The provider of the camera and router have supplied and fitted a working product (eventually). Therefore you have no further recourse with the company who have installed it.

The company who supplied this can not do anything about your internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You cannot look for a refund because of what you perceive to be poor customer service. In order to seek a refund, replacement or repair, the goods/service much be faulty, not as described or not fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

As the OP bought the kit for his farm to monitor calving it appears he bought it for his business (farming).
    You only have the 3-R statutory rights if you buy as a consumer not a business.

If your camera and router aren't up to scratch then your only option is go the legal route, a civil case with solicitors, etc or the cheaper option of the Small Claims Court.

If the problem is crap broadband then tough, you have no claim unless you can show that the camera seller told you his system would work fine with your internet service.

Thats the problem its not suitable for my use. He raved all about when he was selling it to me but then was in a savage rush out the gate when he set it up and didnt even show me it working on my pc. It cost €700.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

still not a reason for a refund.

D3PO wrote: »
    still not a reason for a refund.

everyones saying it is? "not fit for intended purpose" I think i have a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

You will have to prove its a problem with the equipment rather than your broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The camera and router are working fine because they are relaying images to your broadband service, however your broadband service is failing to transmit those images at an acceptable rate.

So, again, unless you can produce something from the seller that states the images you receive at your monitor will be to an acceptable standard when carried over your specific broadband installation then imo you haven't a hope of winning the "not fit for intended purpose" argument.

All he has to do is plug whatever it is you use to view the images (laptop/monitor) directly into the router (by-passing your broadband) and that will prove if the resulting image quality provided by his system is as expected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

most people buy cameras not understaning 640x480 will not give you good images you need to buy hd camera

Advertisement