Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Ban

Options
  • 13-02-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I received a fixed two week ban from the Soccer Forum last night for posting a thread with a poll asking whether or not people thought David Moyes should be sacked. The reason for this was that it is one of the big discussion points among fans of English soccer at the moment, or at the very least among Manchester United fans. I was keen to get the opinion of the soccer forum at large and, in fairness, the thread was quite civil and generating some interesting discussion.

It was only at the time of banning that I realised that threads of this type are not permitted. I believe this rule was added to the charter after I joined the soccer forum in January 2012. While I accept that this is not an excuse for breaking the rules, I would like to offer the following in the hope that some leniency can be shown in this case:

- I am a Manchester United fan - the thread was posted in order to generate legitimate discussion. I certainly was not trying to rile up my fellow fans.

- I have a good track record and do not have a history of trying to antagonize people or create trouble for moderators.

- Kess73, the moderator who issued the ban, suggested that I open a thread here as he himself felt the ban was harsh, but was not in a position to use discretion as it is a fixed penalty.

I would be grateful if you would consider rescinding this ban, or at least reducing the duration or replacing it with an infraction. I will accept the decision of the relevant CMod and do not wish to appeal to an admin.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

Kess said he is lifting your ban very shortly.

I will get this mark as resolved.

Thanks,
    Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Thanks to yourself and Kess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement