Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How good is Dacia range?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 speedcom

Caution.

Doesn't matter what kind of car You have or You will buy.
    Do not park under the trees at windy weather, please. We were lucky.

Good Night Everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

The interest in Dacia (especially Duster) is growing steadily. All the Ssangyong/Kia/Chevrolet/Daewoo/Fiat drivers (bought on price rather than JD Power reliability surveys) that don't care what spec it is just love the price point. If thats what you want great ! Its funny, some people really grow to love their cars despite how some of us enthusiasts might view them as ****eboxes. In fairness I don't think that Dacia are trying to pretend to be as good as their higher priced competitors, they're just appealing to the niche of A-> B drivers that really don't care what the neighbours say !

Rant over......:rolleyes:

I've bored on about this ad nausem, but I've a musso, amongst a shedload of other vehicles, and not one bad word have we to say about it. Bear in mind there's 20-30 vehicles outside, so it has competition. There's a "premium" pajero out there too, and no-one passes the musso to get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

It's so easy to have a go at Dacia, but at the same time a lot of vehicles were destroyed through out the week because of storms.

article-2557440-1B6C133900000578-544_964x864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

No problem.

Bit of T cut, it'll polish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Do Dacia have any Automatic hatch backs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It took donkeys years to get the Irish to stop saying 'Ren-Alt' as opposed to 'Reno'.

Why is the marketing for these 'Da-See-Ah' as opposed to 'Da-Chi-Ah'!?!

Tiks!

Cheap and cheerful little things anyhow. Not my cup of Tetley but there's a market for them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ITguru wrote: »
    Do Dacia have any Automatic hatch backs?

Not in Ireland anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I've bored on about this ad nausem, but I've a musso, amongst a shedload of other vehicles, and not one bad word have we to say about it. Bear in mind there's 20-30 vehicles outside, so it has competition. There's a "premium" pajero out there too, and no-one passes the musso to get into it.

We had a Musso and I have to say without any hesitation that it was the greatest heap of **** on four wheels. The manufacturers should hang their heads in eternal shame. I too have droned on about this but even the mechanic at the garage said they were bad. Our one was eventually replaced by a Daewoo version which was equally bad in different ways. They might be alright on the road but by god they're flaky when they go wrong. I'd wish one on my worst enemy, I'm petty like that.

The Musso came out in 1993 to be fair

coolbeans wrote: »
    We had a Musso and I have to say without any hesitation that it was the greatest heap of **** on four wheels. The manufacturers should hang their heads in eternal shame. I too have droned on about this but even the mechanic at the garage said they were bad. Our one was eventually replaced by a Daewoo version which was equally bad in different ways. They might be alright on the road but by god they're flaky when they go wrong. I'd wish one on my worst enemy, I'm petty like that.

Indestructable Merc 2.9 engine, same as in the G-Wagen and simple electrics, gearbox from tractor and axels from a cart...which bits went wrong??? Every mechanic alive knows these are as tough as old boots. You must have been doing it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Indestructable Merc 2.9 engine, same as in the G-Wagen and simple electrics, gearbox from tractor and axels from a cart...which bits went wrong??? Every mechanic alive knows these are as tough as old boots. You must have been doing it wrong.

Yet that Merc engine has never even seen a Mercedes factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Gearbox linkage, injectors, indestructible engine my ass , rust, broken glove box , four wheel drive that never, ever worked on either one (a common issue), something to do with vacuum system apparently, rust, paint laquér just fell off, ignition barrel broke, radio failed, and lots of stuff I can't rememeber.
    You'll be fighting a losing battle defending those **** heaps. A taxi driver told me he was bringing the dealer to court on his Rodius due to loss of earnings.

Colm, they were launched in Europe in 1995, and sold under the Daewoo badge till about 02 or 03. In some markets they were sold until 08.

To put that into context, in 1993 (and until 04) Dacia were still making Renault 12s

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Yet that Merc engine has never even seen a Mercedes factory.

It's a licenced copy aright, but parts interchange. I'll shut up now. Mines been good anyway.. btw, the dacia sandero on top gear tonight lasted the longest on the 23 liters of fuel....

colm_mcm wrote: »
    To put that into context, in 1993 (and until 04) Dacia were still making Renault 12s

VW were also making the original beetle in Brazil until about 2003 and the Golf MK1 is available in S. Africa AFAIK.

Car manufacturer makes cars to suit it's market? What's new?

Mycroft H wrote: »
    VW were also making the original beetle in Brazil until about 2003 and the Golf MK1 is available in S. Africa AFAIK.

Car manufacturer makes cars to suit it's market? What's new?

Yes but in 1993 neither Dacia or Ssangyong were busy making anything else other than the rehashed Renault 12 or the Musso
    What Ssangyong were up to in the early 90s has as much to do with now as a Renault 12 has to do with modern day Dacias (not a lot)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

It's a licenced copy aright, but parts interchange. I'll shut up now. Mines been good anyway.. btw, the dacia sandero on top gear tonight lasted the longest on the 23 liters of fuel....

And who was driving it ? Captain Slow

noelf wrote: »
    And who was driving it ? Captain Slow

He was driving the 900cc version with 90bhp! Looked well I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was surprised that he drove it quite a long way at the rev limit and it didnt blow up.

Would I drive a Dacia around chernobyl? **** no!!

Rev limiters do just that; limit the engines RPM at a safe level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

For a car make that not many people seem to like, they certainly are a major talking point here!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Is there any link to check the automatic cars available in Ireland with price? cbg and carzone have that facility for used cars but not for new cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

BigEejit wrote: »
    I was surprised that he drove it quite a long way at the rev limit and it didnt blow up.

Would I drive a Dacia around chernobyl? **** no!!

A engine that should be in perfect condition. Not a problem. Think about it 1000cc motorbikes have 12-14k limiters. On 600's its 17k.

Id see them as a cheap car that you don't get much. Average power mpg handling etc.

It'll do fine but theres nothing wonderful to them

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Have been looking at the Dacia Logan online and it seems to be priced very very competitively. Obviously a test drive is a no brainer.

My interest would be in the highest spec diesel which does 74mpg and is listed at €15,690 and in terms of weight is 1670kg. However if you entered into a series of PCP finance deals where you were renewing every three years, it might actually be a very workable as the car would never be more than 3 years old. The fact that it is used as a taxi is always a good sign.

If one wasnt to be too worried about comments such as "2010s version of the Lada" and wasnt overly worried about a dash that is considered to be dated, they would have a fine economical car at lower money than any of the competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

However if you entered into a series of PCP finance deals .

Be careful with PCP deals on the dacia range. I looked into them recently and they had some major draw backs. If you are covering small miles (less than 30k across the 3 years) they make sense and are a cheap way into a new car.

If you are doing high mileage you are better off buying the car outright and keeping it for 5 years when it's book value will be minimal.

If you are covering average mileage the PCP doesn't make sense and if you are changing more often than 5 years outside of a PCP deal they don't make financial sense.

They are great value for low mileage customers on a PCP deal who want an A to B car. They are also great value for high mileage private users who want a car to cover miles in and who don't care about the end value and who want a cheap car initially (most high mileage cars are worth a fraction of their cost after 5 years anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

I average 40,000 km a year, the M7 and M8 are a disaster because it makes it too easy to pop up and down to Dublin and places like that!!

The Skoda Octavia costs 10c for every km on the clock over 20,000. What is the cost on the Dacia. In any event the Dacia is a cheap car so if you have to through in a few quid to keep the PCP deal going, it is not going to be a kings ransom. I would prefer to renew every 3 years as you are relatively trouble free.

At the end of the day the top of the range high spec Dacia is anything up to €10,000 less expensive than other similar diesel cars.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Be careful with PCP deals on the dacia range. I looked into them recently and they had some major draw backs. If you are covering small miles (less than 30k across the 3 years) they make sense and are a cheap way into a new car.

If you are doing high mileage you are better off buying the car outright and keeping it for 5 years when it's book value will be minimal.

If you are covering average mileage the PCP doesn't make sense and if you are changing more often than 5 years outside of a PCP deal they don't make financial sense.

They are great value for low mileage customers on a PCP deal who want an A to B car. They are also great value for high mileage private users who want a car to cover miles in and who don't care about the end value and who want a cheap car initially (most high mileage cars are worth a fraction of their cost after 5 years anyway).

Have been looking at the Dacia Logan online and it seems to be priced very very competitively. Obviously a test drive is a no brainer.

My interest would be in the highest spec diesel which does 74mpg and is listed at €15,690 and in terms of weight is 1670kg. However if you entered into a series of PCP finance deals where you were renewing every three years, it might actually be a very workable as the car would never be more than 3 years old. The fact that it is used as a taxi is always a good sign.

If one wasnt to be too worried about comments such as "2010s version of the Lada" and wasnt overly worried about a dash that is considered to be dated, they would have a fine economical car at lower money than any of the competitors.

Check out www.anusedcar.com for 2 to 3 year old cars and 4 to 5 .. TUV test data before you part with your cash

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Check out www.anusedcar.com for 2 to 3 year old cars and 4 to 5 .. TUV test data before you part with your cash

That website is awful you should recommend something like this

http://www.used-car-report.com/

its quite comprehensive, but has a dim view of your VWs especially the passat

listermint wrote: »
    That website is awful you should recommend something like this

http://www.used-car-report.com/

its quite comprehensive, but has a dim view of your VWs especially the passat

Is this necessary on this thread ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is this necessary on this thread ?

I was going to post it 7 times but sure once was enough.

Advertisement