Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How good is Dacia range?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wicklatpr

Anyone know what the average wait for a new Dacia is? I've been told about 2 months, that seems very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Lads Dacia are a bucket of sh it, buy a good used car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Well thanks for that information liam7831, I'm sure we all learned something here today.

For anyone that's interested, I've had my Dacia Logan MCV since August 2011, I've 80000km on the clock and the average fuel consumption is around 4.3 to 4.5 litres/100km. I haven't had a single problem with it yet, and from what I've been reading on forums, lots of people have had the car longer, have a lot more kms on the clock and are very happy with it.

I've had colleagues say that Dacias are ugly, and to be honest yeah, they're not a good looking car, but in all fairness, I'm not going to pay 10 grand extra just for looks. It's also a bit noisy at high speeds (110 to 130 km/h), but not excessively so. If I was going to be doing a lot of motorway driving, I might consider buying something else, but as I don't, I'm happy enough with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Lucena wrote: »
    Well thanks for that information liam7831, I'm sure we all learned something here today.

For anyone that's interested, I've had my Dacia Logan MCV since August 2011, I've 80000km on the clock and the average fuel consumption is around 4.3 to 4.5 litres/100km. I haven't had a single problem with it yet, and from what I've been reading on forums, lots of people have had the car longer, have a lot more kms on the clock and are very happy with it.

I've had colleagues say that Dacias are ugly, and to be honest yeah, they're not a good looking car, but in all fairness, I'm not going to pay 10 grand extra just for looks. It's also a bit noisy at high speeds (110 to 130 km/h), but not excessively so. If I was going to be doing a lot of motorway driving, I might consider buying something else, but as I don't, I'm happy enough with the car.

And that's all you need to know folks!

It is what it is, and doesn't pretend to be anything else:

An appliance for personal transport, not an expression of style or a statement of status.

Take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

And that's all you need to know folks!

It is what it is, and doesn't pretend to be anything else:

An appliance for personal transport, not an expression of style or a statement of status.

Take it or leave it.

Ya but life is too short to spend ones days at the helm of a washing machine.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »

Oh, I agree! But isn't it great to have the choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

I have the Stepway for about 6 weeks now and very impressed so far. There was a waiting list of two months but the car was delivered in just under 5 weeks. I got the diesel version and it ain't no washing machine...

Have you actually driven one?

As regards life being too short, I'm totally in agreement. So don't worry lads, the 10 grand isn't stashed away in a mattress, it's being used on things that are more fun than impressing the neighbours. You know, foreign holidays, nice restaurants and the like.

As regards life being too short, I'm totally in agreement. So don't worry lads, the 10 grand isn't stashed away in a mattress, it's being used on things that are more fun than impressing the neighbours. You know, foreign holidays, nice restaurants and the like.

Great to have the choice, now, isn't it? I bought a ten year old luxobarge, for less than 1/3 of the cost of a new car, and am loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I got a back seat spin in a duster for the Craic. A terrible thing in every way. Bumpy, noisy, ugly cheapness everywhere.
    This idea of impressing the neighbours is a load of crap. Nice things I buy are for me, not the neighbours.
    I do however believe that there is a reverse snobbery at play too. I know a few people, very well off too who will buy terrible things like sanggyoung 4 x 4 for no other reason than to show that they don't care about what the neighbours think when in reality the car doesn't even suit them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

reverse snobbery

haha, love this term

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I got a back seat spin in a duster for the Craic. A terrible thing in every way. Bumpy, noisy, ugly cheapness everywhere.
    This idea of impressing the neighbours is a load of crap. Nice things I buy are for me, not the neighbours.
    I do however believe that there is a reverse snobbery at play too. I know a few people, very well off too who will buy terrible things like sanggyoung 4 x 4 for no other reason than to show that they don't care about what the neighbours think when in reality the car doesn't even suit them.

I had a test drive in Sandero this winter.
    Our 14 years old fiat bravo 1.2 drives hell lot better, it's definitely more comfortable, faster and looks better.
    For someone who needs reliable vehicle to get from A to B on short distances - maybe dacia is a good choice.
    But definitely not for someone who enjoys driving and like a bit of comfort.

I don't know about the comfort of the Duster, Sandero etc, I haven't driven them.

I've often done 500km - 1000km in a day in the Logan MCV, and I was comfortable enough.

Regarding the enjoying driving aspect of it, I'm not really 'into' cars to that extent, and have never driven BMWs, Audis or similar, so I've no frame of reference. I'm sure a BMW would be more enjoyable to drive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

You will have anything up to a 2 month wait for most cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wicklatpr

Thank you eezipc and sheff the ref.

Advertisement