Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey, Cork Marquee, July 15th

Options
  • 13-02-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

Lana Del Rey playing the Cork Marquee on July 15th.
    Tickets on sale next Monday, February 17th.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Tickets are €45 and there's a ticket limit of 9 per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Oh dear god no, are we going to have a gazillion posts on which hotel she might be staying in and similar stalker type queries, again?

Yep, looks like it. This is also, according to the promoter, a one-off show.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

is it definitely a one-off? don't really want to trek to cork for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I hate it when acts I want to see do the Marquee and don't do any other Irish shows that year. There are almost no acts that would make me trek from Dublin to Cork and back again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

whirlpool wrote: »
    I hate it when acts I want to see do the Marquee and don't do any other Irish shows that year. There are almost no acts that would make me trek from Dublin to Cork and back again.

Are you serious? It's Dublin to Cork, not the other side of the world. Most of the gig-going public are sick of the trek to Dublin since most artists just do gigs there. Other parts of the country getting decent gigs is a welcome relief for most.

john.han wrote: »
    Are you serious? It's Dublin to Cork, not the other side of the world. Most of the gig-going public are sick of the trek to Dublin since most artists just do gigs there. Other parts of the country getting decent gigs is a welcome relief for most.

Why are you taken aback that I have no interest in travelling to Cork and back to see a singer? Surely you didn't think everyone in the world would be willing to spend 4+ hours travelling to see a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

wonder what hotel shes staying in ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Why are you taken aback that I have no interest in travelling to Cork and back to see a singer? Surely you didn't think everyone in the world would be willing to spend 4+ hours travelling to see a concert.

I, personally, was more taken back that there is absolutely no act that would make you travel a few hours for.

If you'd like to see for yourself, it says right here that this gig is a one-off show:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=697778526928776&set=a.161433593896608.34340.145525518820749&type=1&stream_ref=10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

This will sell out fast I'd imagine? I might not be able to get online at exactly 9 am next Monday.

Corholio wrote: »
    I, personally, was more taken back that there is absolutely no act that would make you travel a few hours for.

That's not even what I said :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

That's not even what I said :confused:

No, indeed, you said you hate it when acts you would like to see play the Marquee and no other Irish gigs. So, you have the terrible choice of weighing up how much you like Lana against the nightmare journey to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

seating or standing for this one? im thinking seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I've been shaking all morning just hoping I'd get tickets. 9am on the dot and I got two! :D seems they're not sold out yet also, a bit strange for a LDR concert.

Don't know why I was in such a panic about this. There are still tickets available, looks like it won't sell out as quickly as everyone thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ryanng

Hey everyone! Hoping to make it to the LDR gig but I have a few questions :D

-Are they strict on ages at The Marquee? (Would a 16yr old make it in?)
    -Is there usually an opening act?
    -Would there be any coaches or trains available after the show? (Show starts at 8PM, probably too late for public transport?)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

Ryanng wrote: »

-Would there be any coaches or trains available after the show? (Show starts at 8PM, probably too late for public transport?)

Thanks!

i got in fine to the marquee for passenger last year @ 17 and i look fairly young for my age! and there was definitely people younger than me.

there was an opening act for passenger yeah, so I'd imagine lana will have one!

can't answer your last question because i had a lift after the show, sorry!

Ryanng wrote: »

Thanks!

There won't be any public transport available at the time the show finishes. It's only about 15 mins walk into the city centre from The Marquee though.

Thanks for the replies!

Ah see I'd have to do a lot of traveling to get to Cork, and I wasn't really hoping to stay over.
    Oh well!

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Where are you going to? There busses to Dublin, Galway etc at very early morning times which (like 1am/2am etc)

Pretty sure this gig is 16+ so you should be fine.

There will be support band(s)
    I'm going to Dundalk.
    Bit far, I know

Any suggestions? Do you know where the closest stop to Dundalk would be that early?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

At the moment your only real option is the 3am Aircoach to Dublin followed by a bus to Dundalk. You'd really be better off staying in a hostel and taking your time the next day in heading home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Theres a good chance she might get announced for Electric Picnic too, probably later on after she completes this gig, she is part of the bill for the Rock En Seine festival in France the weekend before EP, with the Prodigy and Portishead who I hope will also get announced for EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RMurph

I wonder if she'll play at Longitude? It's on the same week, and they're announcing more acts tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Brother is going to this, trying to work out how to get down there now.

Would the bus or train be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Dublin has the infrastructure to accommodate people from all parts of the country. Like if you're in Donegal trying to get to Cork would be a bloody nightmare. All the same it should be split around the cities but since Dublin is easier to get to for the country as a whole I'd prefer it to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Cant wait for this gig myself. Going to be going with the girlfriend and she's not the biggest fan of Lana so i don't know will see enjoy it ?

Like does anyone know who might the support be or is there one ?.

Whats the drinks like in the Marquee as i have never been there ?

what time would this be over? trying to organize transport..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Aiken usually announce stage times a day before the gig.
    Depending on stage time I would take a guess for this to be over around 10:30.

• Advertisement

does anyone know if there's a bus or anything going from the city centre to the marquee?? I can't find much information...

Advertisement