Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey, Cork Marquee, July 15th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

a0ifee wrote: »
    does anyone know if there's a bus or anything going from the city centre to the marquee?? I can't find much information...

I'm getting a lift from Carlow to Cork that day, relying on the Sat Nav for the rest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

does anyone know if there's a bus or anything going from the city centre to the marquee?? I can't find much information...

Its a 20 min walk - no buses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

If anyone knows where Lana is staying in Cork then let us know ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

What drinks are they serving this year at the bar and how much? Last time I was there it was like Guinness, Carling, Mojitos and random shorts. Is it still the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

lukin wrote: »
    If anyone knows where Lana is staying in Cork then let us know ;-)

Could be booked in under her real name Elizabeth Grant !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

comet wrote: »
    Aiken usually announce stage times a day before the gig.
    Depending on stage time I would take a guess for this to be over around 10:30.

Aiken a bit preoccupied at the moment !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

More obvious than not these stars stay probably in Fota or Hayfield Manor. It's not like she will be camping in a six bed dorm in Shelia's Hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Fairly last minute I know but anyone got any spares for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Can't wait for tonight to see lana tonight hoping she can be good. Haveing seen a few videos of her live show on YouTube she can be really good or your barely able to hear her live that's the only thing I am afared of but still can't wait !!!. But the girlfirend isn't the biggest fan of lana so I just hope she won't be sitting there board

Going for a burger in liberty girl before hand with the girlfirend so going to be a extramly good night :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

PanaDrama wrote: »
    Fairly last minute I know but anyone got any spares for this?

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cycling to work this morning (7:30am), I noticed a bunch of teenagers hanging around the entrance to the grounds, please don't tell me they are queuing up already are they? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Can't wait for tonight to see lana tonight hoping she can be good. Haveing seen a few videos of her live show on YouTube she can be really good or your barely able to hear her live that's the only thing I am afared of but still can't wait !!!. But the girlfirend isn't the biggest fan of lana so I just hope she won't be sitting there board

Going for a burger in liberty girl before hand with the girlfirend so going to be a extramly good night :).

Who are you going with?

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Who are you going with?

Some one is extramly nosy ...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Who was playing support for this, does anyone know?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Who was playing support for this, does anyone know?

Max Jury

Great gig, really enjoyed it. She did "Money Power Glory" from Ultraviolence for the first time live which just happens to be my favourite song on that album. I was well chuffed!

Should've had a Boardsie meet up :pac:

Only 3 songs off her new album though...

I thought that was a bit of a disappointed.

Thought she'd sing fücked my way up to the top.

The amount of people coming out at the end...

I absolutely loved it towards the end when she started singing Video Games and everyone went berserk

Overall I really enjoyed it, my mam and the gf did too so that's good! :pac:

Should've had a Boardsie meet up :pac:
    If she comes back next year we should organise one.
    Only 3 songs off her new album though...
    She has only been doing two songs from the new album in the other gigs before last night.

If she comes back next year we should organise one.

She has only been doing two songs from the new album in the other gigs before last night.

I see, towards the end when she like... I hope you all had a good night, hope to see you next time... Something like that.

I was just like... Is that it?

I had a great time don't get me wrong but I thought she could've done more than just stand there.

I see, towards the end when she like... I hope you all had a good night, hope to see you next time... Something like that.

I had a great time don't get me wrong but I thought she could've done more than just stand there.

She's not known for doing much between-song banter. I don't think she meant to be rude, she probably just couldn't think of anything to say.
    Black Francis hardly said a word between songs during the Pixies set when they played there.

• Advertisement

She's not known for doing much between-song banter. I don't think she meant to be rude, she probably just couldn't think of anything to say.
    Black Francis hardly said a word between songs during the Pixies set when they played there.

She didn't come across as rude, not at all.

She looked beautiful in that orange dress.

I just kinda hoped she danced or something.

There was nearly no point looking because you weren't missing much!

Anyone else surprised about the amount of children there? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

i was surprised at that because i saw her last year in london and she spent 20 minutes at the end signing stuff and taking pictures at the barrier..

she was still amazing though :D I hope she comes back soon to tour Ultraviolence

She didn't come across as rude, not at all.

She looked beautiful in that orange dress.

I just kinda hoped she danced or something.

There was nearly no point looking because you weren't missing much!

Anyone else surprised about the amount of children there? :pac:

Yeah me and my friend (we are both male and in our thirties) couldn't get over the amount of teenage girls there. I though I was going to pass out from the smell of perfume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yeah me and my friend (we are both male and in our thirties) couldn't get over the amount of teenage girls there. I though I was going to pass out from the smell of perfume :)

Having read through some of the thread on here from her Vicar St gigs, I'd be surprised if you didn't almost pass out from the perfume.

i was surprised at that because i saw her last year in london and she spent 20 minutes at the end signing stuff and taking pictures at the barrier..

she was still amazing though :D I hope she comes back soon to tour Ultraviolence

Wow really? Lucky!

I felt pretty honoured to be in the vicinity of such an amazing artist.

I went with my Mam and my girlfriend so I already was dying from the perfume so I didn't really notice. :rolleyes:

There was a load of teenagers there alright, I was kinda surprised by just how many couples were there.

It was very safe security wise and I feel the venue chosen was great, nice location and pretty easy to find.

Video games from last night. Quality not the greatest from the video as i was at the very back but the sound is magically so clear as i was at the very back

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5om1g3w5mgo9lzr/2014-07-15%2021.10.32.mp4

Video games from last night. Quality not the greatest from the video as i was at the very back but the sound is magically so clear as i was at the very back

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5om1g3w5mgo9lzr/2014-07-15%2021.10.32.mp4
    Had to download it as it wouldn't stream, hope you don't mind.

It's weird seeing it from a different angle :pac:

Where I was there was a big pole almost blocking the view.

Had to download it as it wouldn't stream, hope you don't mind.

It's weird seeing it from a different angle :pac:

Where I was there was a big pole almost blocking the view.

Don't mind at all with the download its in my public folder.

Where ware the big pools don't mind me asking ?.

Like i was at the 2nd last row of the seats but i found them to very good as seen everything but wish they where closer

• Advertisement

Don't mind at all with the download its in my public folder.

Where ware the big pools don't mind me asking ?.

Like i was at the 2nd last row of the seats but i found them to very good as seen everything but wish they where closer

Ah that's grand.

The pools? Ye mean the poles?

I was up a bit, would've liked to have been closer but it was a good seat nonetheless.

Advertisement