Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flagpoling? Question about immigration at airports

• 13-02-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all, I'm unsure what to do, I have gotten a job offer in Saskatoon and will be applying for a temporary work permit upon arrival (LMO etc. all sorted). the Job starts march 1st (as per the letter of offer from my employer) but I will be stopping off in Toronto on my way there for a couple of days before march 1st, to see the girlfriend and pick up some stuff I had left in storage from my IEC days.

My question is this:

Will I have to apply for the work permit in Toronto, and go through the immigration stuff there, or can I wait until I get to Saskatoon?

They're both ports of entry in that they have immigration however I will not be leaving Canada on my way between so I'm just not sure. Also because the job starts in march and Ill be landing in Feb, if I have to go through immigration in Toronto will they refuse me because the job hasn't started yet?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Strapped wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm unsure what to do, I have gotten a job offer in Saskatoon and will be applying for a temporary work permit upon arrival (LMO etc. all sorted). the Job starts march 1st (as per the letter of offer from my employer) but I will be stopping off in Toronto on my way there for a couple of days before march 1st, to see the girlfriend and pick up some stuff I had left in storage from my IEC days.

My question is this:

Will I have to apply for the work permit in Toronto, and go through the immigration stuff there, or can I wait until I get to Saskatoon?

They're both ports of entry in that they have immigration however I will not be leaving Canada on my way between so I'm just not sure. Also because the job starts in march and Ill be landing in Feb, if I have to go through immigration in Toronto will they refuse me because the job hasn't started yet?

Thanks for your help!

You'll have to go through immigration in Toronto
    Cant see them giving you grief for coming in early to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Strapped

I thought that'd be the case alright, still handier to get it out of the way early i spose

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonyco

it might be just a case of paying the 150 bucks at toronto for your work permit,once all your paper work is in order,thats wot i had to do when i got here cheers

Advertisement