Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bib shorts for 180km

Options
  • 13-02-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going with bib shorts for the 180 in Roth

Whats the best brand on the market ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Assos are meant to be the very best, and they'd want to be for the price. What's your budget?

Best I've used were made by Verge (the Boards.ie cycling kit), although I think they only sell in group orders. Adidas were very comfortable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

dario28 wrote: »
    Thinking of going with bib shorts for the 180 in Roth

Whats the best brand on the market ?

I would focus on the best fitting saddle for yourself.
    nothing wrong with bibs but honestly no need as with a good fitting saddle not needed specially at roth where you have many chances to get out of the saddle.

also whats the best brand will depend on your body shape and your preference. but its the saddle that matters much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

peter kern wrote: »
    but its the saddle that matters much more.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Assos are very nice, but as stated expensive,
    I have Giordana and Santini and never had issues,

but as Peter stated a proper fitting saddle and of course loads of time in it, make sure your rear is well accustomed to long hours sitting in it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

BennyMul wrote: »

but as Peter stated a proper fitting saddle and of course loads of time in it, make sure your rear is well accustomed to long hours sitting in it,

Think i need to go saddle shopping , I have to shuffle around a good bit even on a 2 hour spin on turbo to keep the undercarrige numbness at bay. Although could just be a turbo thing

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Have you had a bike fit? It could be your weight distribution on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

not really a turbo thing its 80% wrong saddle and wrong position on bike
    its not easy to find a saddle that fits .
    I believe Base2race have test saddles you can take for spins
    and swimcyclerun.com do a very good deal on Ism
    saddles ( it tends to go better with females than males ) .
    if you come to a turbos session of mine i will make sure to let you try saddles of other people and have a quick look at your bike position.

its bloody annoying to find the right saddle, but its worth the effort as it is the most important contact point of your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

dario28 wrote: »
    Think i need to go saddle shopping , I have to shuffle around a good bit even on a 2 hour spin on turbo to keep the undercarrige numbness at bay. Although could just be a turbo thing

I find the turbo far harder on my arse than riding outside. It's the constant position and pressure on the one spot all the time. I break it up with doing a few moments standing every now and again.

Also, invest in some chamois cream, makes a big difference for longer rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

pointer28 wrote: »
    I find the turbo far harder on my arse than riding outside. It's the constant position and pressure on the one spot all the time. I break it up with doing a few moments standing every now and again.

Also, invest in some chamois cream, makes a big difference for longer rides.

The important thing I have learnt that if you are sitting on your bike properly and actually working on the bike there should be no pressure by and large on your arse. Nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Not sure where my original reply went

Ive had a bike fit as end of season but havent had the tri bike on the road yet just turbo .The shop where i got the bike and the "fit" looked all wrong in my HIM pics ,even though I was comfortable just in tri shorts and dont remember any numbness. Rang bike fit guy and he said take it out on the road , so think this sunday will be wind free enough for a decent spin.

On road bike ive specalised toupe , so comfortable, so may look at the Tri version and the ISM

• Advertisement
Advertisement