Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Clark, Jr. - Button Factory - June 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Fantastic - thanks for the post. One for the diary

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

Hope this one gets some promotion as I remember about the same time last year Aiken had Kenny Wayne Shepherd booked for the same venue and it never happened.... so ticket bought in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ooh, excellent, thanks for the heads up.

C'mon, payday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'd seen it by accident last week on Ticketmaster and have been like Blastman waiting on payday - time so sort it out I think ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Its hilarious....saw him for first time on 2nd stage at lollapalooza playing to thousands of people......to think hes playing the button factory is unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

I've heard of this guy but not really heard much of his stuff....is he worth checking out??
    Must say I enjoyed the video in the first post :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only no one song after hearing him in CSI NY a year or so ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just bought 2 tickets @ €25.50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

This is a must see gig. Does anyone know who the support is?.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    This is a must see gig. Does anyone know who the support is?.

These guys were supporting him in Germany , but that could have only been for Germany since i think they are from Germany themselves

• Advertisement

I just witnessed my gig of the year and it will take something special to top it. He played a 2 hour show and for a guy with only 1 studio album and 1 live album that is something. Clutch who have a greater body of work only played for an hour and a half earlier this year.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I just witnessed my gig of the year and it will take something special to top it. He played a 2 hour show and for a guy with only 1 studio album and 1 live album that is something. Clutch who have a greater body of work only played for an hour and a half earlier this year.

What was the turnout like? Raging i couldnt go but was working tonight :(

The place was jammers with tickets on sale at the door and it was the first gig I have been to where there was no security by the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Was an absolutely great gig last night, really glad I went!

My first time in the Button Factory - really nice venue for a small gig. Big crowd there.
    Like earlier poster said he played for 2 hours, some really cool long jams in there! Great guitarist!

Overall wasn't a bad way to spend a Wednesday night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ditto :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

RayCon wrote: »
    Ditto :(

Me too.
    I only bought my tickets last week, and was looking forward to it. Unfortunately unavoidable circumstances prevented me from going..

:(

It was 95% full I'd say and to those of you who missed it, you missed the gig of the year so far. He played for 2 hours and it was a magical 2 hours.

Advertisement