Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elton John and Band | O2 Arena | December 9th

Options
  • 13-02-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭

From Aiken Promotions Facebook page
    ELTON JOHN & HIS BAND TO BRING THE HITS TO DUBLIN!

Elton John has confirmed that he and the Band will return to Ireland later this year to play a Show at The O2 Dublin on 9 December. Tickets go on sale Friday 21 February at 9am from all usual outlets.

Elton and the band will be playing classic album tracks from his incredible five-decade career, including many from the album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, which will have its 40th Anniversary Special Edition release in March.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

HOLY S**T!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Do Elton John gigs usually sell out? I'm interested in going but a bit low on cash right now, is it likely to sell out or would I be able to get tickets in a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭corm500

Any word on the pricing?

Feckity-feck, why would he play on a Tuesday night, does he not know my husband will use that as an excuse to get out of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Saw him last September and it was a phenomenal show! Definitely getting tickets again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So why did he not play last December instead of making people wait eight months or so, I'm sure folk would have preferred he done a gig in the summer instead.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So why did he not play last December instead of making people wait eight months or so, I'm sure folk would have preferred he done a gig in the summer instead.

I think he got his appendix out....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He did do a gig in the summer. He did the Marquee in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gonna try and get tickets for this, never seen him but he's one of those artists ya just gotta see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Definitely going to try get tickets for this.

Another artist I want to see before I die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ticket prices will be insane. You'll do well to get change from €120 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Row H Seat 47
    :)

Block P row 41. Not saying they are bad seats but they are not far off looking at the gig from the O2 toilets with a pair of binoculars. Still, I had to keep within a budget as I was getting Specials tix as well this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Got tickets for Block E. 224 euro total:eek: So better be worth it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

BUMP: Just wondering, what time do the doors open at this evening for the gig and is there any support act playing too?. Thanks :)

BUMP: Just wondering, what time do the doors open at this evening for the gig and is there any support act playing too?. Thanks :)

doors open at 18:30. im not sure about supporting act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

doors open at 18:30. im not sure about supporting act

From Aiken Promotions' facebook page:

"ELTON JOHN & his band bring the hits to 3Arena".

"For all of those heading along, please note the following stage times:

DOORS: 6.30pm
    Bright Light Bright Light - 7.30pm
    Elton John - 8.00pm".

https://www.facebook.com/aikenpromotions

Really looking forward to this gig tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Going along myself too. I'd say he puts on a good show.

**edit - Well crikey the old blokes can put on a show!

Great concert. Didn't realise it was the end of the tour - looked like they had a ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Phenomenal stuff. Elton was in great form.
    I loved the extended jam at the end of Levon and Burn Down the Mission was superb. I'm also glad he's restored Rocket Man to normal length after so many years of doing the twelve minute version.

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
    Bennie and the Jets
    Candle in the Wind
    All the Girls Love Alice
    Levon
    Tiny Dancer
    Believe
    Daniel
    Philadelphia Freedom
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    Rocket Man
    Hey Ahab
    I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
    The One
    Your Song
    Burn Down the Mission
    Sad Songs (Say So Much)
    Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
    Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
    The Bitch Is Back
    I'm Still Standing
    Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'N' Roll)
    Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Crocodile Rock
    Circle of Life/Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Great gig, loved every minute of it!

Best gig ive seen in quite a while. Talk about wheeling out the hits. His voice was in top form too.

Fantastic gig! How great does Elton sound? The whole band just never disappoint.

I managed to get EJ's autograph and John Mahon's percussion stick. :D

Great gig. Delighted I went.

My only gripe was I thought I had an isle seat which turned out to be bang smack in the middle of a row. For future reference is it better to buy tickets over the phone so you can pick an isle seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ppdub73

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fantastic gig! How great does Elton sound? The whole band just never disappoint.

I managed to get EJ's autograph and John Mahon's percussion stick. :D

I guess that was you I saw on the big screen tapping away with the stick so!

I guess that was you I saw on the big screen tapping away with the stick so!

Could have been! Could have been the other boardsie that was with me though!
    I'm a short female, would have had my head just above the stage.

No, wasn't you so, was definitely a guy!

• Advertisement

I know who you are on about. I was right beside him!

Advertisement